Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,111 members, 7,814,899 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:37 PM

Thierry Henry Arrives Nigeria (Pictures) - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Thierry Henry Arrives Nigeria (Pictures) (60559 Views)

Anthony Joshua Arrives Nigeria / Thierry Henry: Kanu Never Told Me I Was Called Igwe In Nigeria / Thierry Henry Dressed In Igbo Traditional Attire (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thierry Henry Arrives Nigeria (Pictures) by BYEI(m): 3:50pm On Dec 17, 2017
This man plays better football than Ronaldo who claimed 'he is the best in history'
Re: Thierry Henry Arrives Nigeria (Pictures) by Bolingoyabongo(m): 3:50pm On Dec 17, 2017
[quote author=BMCSlayer post=63362406]The way he used to play ball into the goal post, we will play Buhari like that back to Daura.[/quote) sai Buhari till 2023
Re: Thierry Henry Arrives Nigeria (Pictures) by naturalwaves: 3:53pm On Dec 17, 2017
edeXede:
embarassed

Upon all his brilliancy, I only feel pity for him. He worked like an elephant but eat like a cricket..

He is an unfortunate human being..

Unfortunate to play during the era of Ronaldinho, Zidane, Owen, Figo, Ronaldo de lima, Gerrard, Iniesta, Xavi, Nedved and so many superb footballer like him.

If he were to be playing in this present era of Cronaldo, he would have won three ballon dor out of Cronaldo's five ballon dor because he is far better than the Portuguese during his top days.

May we not be unfortunate in life

Meanwhile
Odeinstein. How is Henry better than C. Ronaldo? Your head must be paining you.
Re: Thierry Henry Arrives Nigeria (Pictures) by obonujoker(m): 3:56pm On Dec 17, 2017
ThierryJay:

Which of the records I cited in my post was beaten in the EPL. You sound like you are pained by his high regard not only in the EPL!

Henry won the European golden boot topscorer award in 2005 (together with Forlan), so your assertion that he did not win any goalscorer award outside the epl is completely false!

Same goes for your assertions that Etoo, drogba shevchenko & inzaghi were better goalscorers than Titi, Henry outscored them all, both in the domestic leagues & the champions league. These are facts which you should check out before spewing falsehood.

And for your information, Thierry was a greater player in the Premier League than CR7, regardless of your sentimental preferences.

Henry outsored them buh never won the award of UCL in a season, these makes players like RVN, Inzaghi, Raul, Eto'o better goal scorers than Henry in Europe....

His record with Forlan is because of highest goals in EPL...

Ronaldo won everything Henry won I'm EPL, and got better than Henry.....

So CR7 is a greater legend than Henry in EPL history... Oga....
Re: Thierry Henry Arrives Nigeria (Pictures) by BYEI(m): 3:59pm On Dec 17, 2017
obonujoker:
Henry is just a EPL and Arsenal legend... He is no European or any other league legend...

He wasn't the best goal scorers in his days as well.... these players I wanna mention are better goal scorers "only" than Henry... record speak for themselves...

Ruud Van Nistelrooy...( won Eredivisie, EPL, LA liga, UCL highest goal scorer awards)

Andriy Shevchenko... ( Won Ukrainian, Serie A and UCL highest goal awards)

Filipo Inzaghi.... ( won Serie A and UCL champions league highest goal scorer award)

Raul
Drogba
Eto'o

All these players are better goal scorers than Henry.... however Henry was a legend though...Igwe... buh stop hyping him....
U call Drogba a better goalscorer than Thienry, guy forget that thing I'm a Chelsea fan but u don't compare Henry's goalscoring rate in his heyday to Drogba's
Re: Thierry Henry Arrives Nigeria (Pictures) by aspirebig: 4:02pm On Dec 17, 2017
The guy fresh die.....Kaiii

This is someone that won France '98 world cup with France as host.....almost two decades ago...still looking fresher many footballers still playing ...

Arsenal legend...all EPL team dread this guy during his reign ...he made Wenger kept his job till date.....
Re: Thierry Henry Arrives Nigeria (Pictures) by BYEI(m): 4:07pm On Dec 17, 2017
Kingsley10000:
.....oga football is less competitive now,it revolves around messi and ronaldo.unlike before we have world classes and legends like ronaldinho,kaka,ronaldo delima
,ricardo,carlos,cafu,forlan
,deco,figo,gattuso,zidane,
delpiero,pirlo,okocha,David villa,rocisky,viera,puyol,valneistarol,gerrald,
owen,barrack,podoski etc
Guy commot Gattuso he is a rough-and-tumble player, Rosicky a failed project.
Re: Thierry Henry Arrives Nigeria (Pictures) by BYEI(m): 4:09pm On Dec 17, 2017
grin
BruncleZuma:
grin grin grin grin
His President just arrive
Re: Thierry Henry Arrives Nigeria (Pictures) by talk2percy(m): 4:26pm On Dec 17, 2017
Welcome bruh...see security details...
Re: Thierry Henry Arrives Nigeria (Pictures) by whizzyleejr(m): 5:05pm On Dec 17, 2017
BMCSlayer:
The way he used to play ball into the goal post, we will play Buhari like that back to Daura.
Bro you bad o
Re: Thierry Henry Arrives Nigeria (Pictures) by ThierryJay: 5:11pm On Dec 17, 2017
obonujoker:

Henry outsored them buh never won the award of UCL in a season, these makes players like RVN, Inzaghi, Raul, Eto'o better goal scorers than Henry in Europe....

His record with Forlan is because of highest goals in EPL...

Ronaldo won everything Henry won I'm EPL, and got better than Henry.....

So CR7 is a greater legend than Henry in EPL history... Oga....

Your analysis is flawed. Your statements are here and there with no logical basis for your conclusions. Seems like you are working back to your answers.

Firstly, being a better goalscorer in Europe means what it is; Scoring a higher number of goals within a given timeframe. Henry might not have won the UCl golden boot, but was a consistent scorer in the UCL. Heck, Drogba & Etoo never also won the UCL golden boot. If henry has a higher number of UCL goals over his counterparts then he was a better goalscorer than them.

Unto CR7, Ponder over this very well; Henry scored 175premier league goals in seven seasons, won four best EPL player of the season awards, 4 times EPL golden boot.

CR7 only scored 87 or so EPL goals in six seasons, won EPL best player twice and the golden boot ONCE. That he won everything Henry won does not make him a better player.

On the above grounds, Thierry was a far greater player than CR7 in EPL. Heck, Alan shearer is even a greater EPL player than CR7.
Re: Thierry Henry Arrives Nigeria (Pictures) by slimbullet: 5:39pm On Dec 17, 2017
ochobaba:
I just hope mosquitoes won't finish him

Shey u get brain at all? Must you comment? Rubbish!
Re: Thierry Henry Arrives Nigeria (Pictures) by spartacus11(m): 5:46pm On Dec 17, 2017
BMCSlayer:
The way he used to play ball into the goal post, we will play Buhari like that back to Daura.

Unfortunately PMBPYO2019 APCPMB2019 #FeBuhari2019
APC all the way

Re: Thierry Henry Arrives Nigeria (Pictures) by Narldon: 6:23pm On Dec 17, 2017
noruwasman:

i guess a committee was earlier setup pro his arrival, the ministry of happiness and purpose fulfilment yet to brief the media or general public as the time of filling this report.

Hope you attended church service?

LWKMD! grin

Re: Thierry Henry Arrives Nigeria (Pictures) by fredoooooo: 7:28pm On Dec 17, 2017
mukina2:
The king kiss
a useless kING that can not win the best club trophy with his useless team ... your king is an ordinary chief ... grin grin
Re: Thierry Henry Arrives Nigeria (Pictures) by othman11(m): 7:48pm On Dec 17, 2017
edeXede:
embarassed

Upon all his brilliancy, I only feel pity for him. He worked like an elephant but eat like a cricket..

He is an unfortunate human being..

Unfortunate to play during the era of Ronaldinho, Zidane, Owen, Figo, Ronaldo de lima, Gerrard, Iniesta, Xavi, Nedved and so many superb footballer like him.

If he were to be playing in this present era of Cronaldo, he would have won three ballon dor out of Cronaldo's five ballon dor because he is far better than the Portuguese during his top days.

May we not be unfortunate in life

Meanwhile
If sense is a tablet I would have
prescribe 5 packet each morning,
afternoon and night for you
Re: Thierry Henry Arrives Nigeria (Pictures) by bilal4riid(m): 7:52pm On Dec 17, 2017
BMCSlayer:
The way u Carry Buhari matter on urself no b small, it's sad that u have to deal with it for long time. APC may be defeated in time to come, bt not Buhari. B realistic and Get urself life. ��
Re: Thierry Henry Arrives Nigeria (Pictures) by Cyriloha(m): 8:52pm On Dec 17, 2017
BMCSlayer:

Sure bro with his cow stick accompanied by rokpas okoroawusa
Re: Thierry Henry Arrives Nigeria (Pictures) by kense88: 9:06pm On Dec 17, 2017
SageMahrez:
He should hold his head well o.. Skull miners are nearby.
Lol crazy guy
Re: Thierry Henry Arrives Nigeria (Pictures) by Augiiee(m): 9:40pm On Dec 17, 2017
bastien:
the best player to ever play in the premier league

Henry won all the competition he participated in

one word: IGWE

ekabo
The only competition he didnt win was Carling cup
Re: Thierry Henry Arrives Nigeria (Pictures) by sammytovic(m): 11:38pm On Dec 17, 2017
doctorpromise:
so much bullshit in one comment
You tried sha, at least you heard history but you no understand how dem tell you.
Re: Thierry Henry Arrives Nigeria (Pictures) by bastien: 7:37am On Dec 18, 2017
Augiiee:

The only competition he didnt win was Carling cup
I know somebody go bring am up, that one na cup?
Re: Thierry Henry Arrives Nigeria (Pictures) by nwatthu(m): 10:47am On Dec 18, 2017
correct guy![b][/b]
olokeded:
Guinness Nigeria has fulfilled their promise of bringing Arsenal legend and Skysports pundit, Thierry Henry to Nigeria.

http://www.metronaija.com/photos-thierry-henry-arrives-nigeria/

cc: lalasticlala mynd44
Re: Thierry Henry Arrives Nigeria (Pictures) by Augiiee(m): 2:10pm On Dec 18, 2017
bastien:
I know somebody go bring am up, that one na cup?
Bro, its still a major trophy
P.s I am an arsenal fan before you start raining insults on me
Re: Thierry Henry Arrives Nigeria (Pictures) by bastien: 3:45pm On Dec 18, 2017
Augiiee:

Bro, its still a major trophy
P.s I am an arsenal fan before you start raining insults on me
lol forget that thing, Carling cup was introduced to English football to allow clubs play u23 and reserve players
Re: Thierry Henry Arrives Nigeria (Pictures) by Augiiee(m): 5:45pm On Dec 18, 2017
bastien:
lol forget that thing, Carling cup was introduced to English football to allow clubs play u23 and reserve players
That was b4 Jose Mourinho arrived in english football, he practically turned it into a major trophy, in short only Arsenal takes that competition lightly
Re: Thierry Henry Arrives Nigeria (Pictures) by UncleSnr(m): 5:56pm On Dec 18, 2017
ichommy:

Been a while Brother.
Yeah, how is life?
Re: Thierry Henry Arrives Nigeria (Pictures) by bastien: 10:11pm On Dec 18, 2017
Augiiee:

That was b4 Jose Mourinho arrived in english football, he practically turned it into a major trophy, in short only Arsenal takes that competition lightly
I dey tells you that man dey feel say to win always na him calling
Re: Thierry Henry Arrives Nigeria (Pictures) by ichommy(m): 7:30am On Dec 19, 2017
UncleSnr:
Yeah, how is life?

Holding up.
Re: Thierry Henry Arrives Nigeria (Pictures) by Augiiee(m): 12:29pm On Dec 19, 2017
bastien:
I dey tells you that man dey feel say to win always na him calling
Thatz what makes him great, and thatz exactly what Wenger is missing

1 Like

Re: Thierry Henry Arrives Nigeria (Pictures) by bastien: 2:01pm On Dec 19, 2017
Augiiee:

Thatz what makes him great, and thatz exactly what Wenger is missing
Wenger naturally had pride.... He doesn't care about changing tactics

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Super Eagles Stroll On The Streets Of Uyo Ahead Of Match. Photos / Usain Bolt Girlfriend Kasi Bennet Reacts To Cheating Scandal / Qatar 2022 World Cup Stadium Has Hotel Room With Perfect Pitch View (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.