Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:49 AM

"Kanu Is The Best African Player" - Thierry Henry (Photos) - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "Kanu Is The Best African Player" - Thierry Henry (Photos) (54019 Views)

Eto'o: I'm The Best African Player In History / Thierry Henry: Kanu Never Told Me I Was Called Igwe In Nigeria / Thierry Henry Dressed In Igbo Traditional Attire (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Kanu Is The Best African Player" - Thierry Henry (Photos) by Deo1986(m): 8:45pm On Dec 17, 2017
GavelSlam:

Was never.

He was always a support striker.
You know your onoin boy, can guess you are not of the indomie generation afterall. Butthe reason he left arsenal was because of Henry.
Re: "Kanu Is The Best African Player" - Thierry Henry (Photos) by Harrynight(m): 8:45pm On Dec 17, 2017
Muafrika2:
That's because they were team mates.

No! its because he is in Nigeria.

Next year Heineken will take him to Cameroon and he will say Eto'o is Africa All Time Best Player

1 Like

Re: "Kanu Is The Best African Player" - Thierry Henry (Photos) by Orpe7(m): 8:46pm On Dec 17, 2017
Biased MF
Re: "Kanu Is The Best African Player" - Thierry Henry (Photos) by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:47pm On Dec 17, 2017
obonujoker:

Okocha was better than Kanu in everything about football....

Okocha had immense ability but on a technical level, Kanu offered more. It is not just pulling tricks for the fun of it but when it matters. Okocha can flick a ball all day but when Kanu does it, it is to beat a keeper out of position to catch the keeper by surprise. When Kanu backs the post and flicks the ball to his back, it is because he has anticipated a move from one of his teammates.

On that, Kanu is King.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Kanu Is The Best African Player" - Thierry Henry (Photos) by Harrynight(m): 8:49pm On Dec 17, 2017
Muafrika2:

Next year Heineken will take him to Cameroon and he will say Eto'o is Africa All Time Best Player.

Just Watch!
Re: "Kanu Is The Best African Player" - Thierry Henry (Photos) by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:51pm On Dec 17, 2017
Harrynight:

Next year Heineken will take him to Cameroon and he will say Eto'o is Africa All Time Best Player

In Cameroon, Thierry Henry might/will say Eto'o is the most lethal finisher/Africa ever produced. He will not say Eto'o is on the same level or close to Kanu based on technical play.
Re: "Kanu Is The Best African Player" - Thierry Henry (Photos) by wizzytm(m): 8:51pm On Dec 17, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

He won't say that if he sees the road that leads to KANU's dilapidated miserly bungalow at Amannagwu in Arochukwu.

KANU Nwankwor can only boast of a defunct Heart Foundation while his counterpart in Liberia will officially be the President of a country after December 26th.

KANU was a fortunate player whose greatness would have been forever unrivalled if only he died of that heart disease at the peak of his fame in 1996.

Seriously, do you just enjoy been quoted, or you just love the fact that you bask in the euphoria of stupidity..

you're a disgrace to your age grade

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Kanu Is The Best African Player" - Thierry Henry (Photos) by Nobody: 8:52pm On Dec 17, 2017
Harrynight:

Next year Heineken will take him to Cameroon and he will say Eto'o is Africa All Time Best Player.

Just Watch!
True grin
Re: "Kanu Is The Best African Player" - Thierry Henry (Photos) by BluntBoy(m): 8:54pm On Dec 17, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

But, based on technical ability, no one in Africa comes close to Kanu Nwankwo. His goal against Chelsea, the third one on his hat trick night shows this. No other player in Africa has that kind of ability to win the ball on the far right of the field, make a dashing run, skin the goalkeeper and hit a curler from a tight angle.

I think that is what the Arsenal Legend, Thierry Henry is trying to point out. Based on technical ability, Kanu aka Papillo is the King of Africa.

Now, I want to agree with you. Kanu was a gem. You need to see so many of his goals. The ease with which he scored from tight corners and dribbled past goalkeepers was just simply beyond the ordinary.

2 Likes

Re: "Kanu Is The Best African Player" - Thierry Henry (Photos) by oluwakingsley101(m): 9:01pm On Dec 17, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

He won't say that if he sees the road that leads to KANU's dilapidated miserly bungalow at Amannagwu in Arochukwu.

KANU Nwankwor can only boast of a defunct Heart Foundation while his counterpart in Liberia will officially be the President of a country after December 26th.

KANU was a fortunate player whose greatness would have been forever unrivalled if only he died of that heart disease at the peak of his fame in 1996.

seriously guy you need a brain check.
Re: "Kanu Is The Best African Player" - Thierry Henry (Photos) by jaychubi: 9:04pm On Dec 17, 2017
Has he ever heard of Jay Jay
Re: "Kanu Is The Best African Player" - Thierry Henry (Photos) by soulhacker: 9:06pm On Dec 17, 2017
Muafrika2:
who is better than kanu

1 Like

Re: "Kanu Is The Best African Player" - Thierry Henry (Photos) by soulhacker: 9:08pm On Dec 17, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

KANU I know, who are u
Re: "Kanu Is The Best African Player" - Thierry Henry (Photos) by IFNOTGOD(m): 9:09pm On Dec 17, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

don't always sound stupid cos u want quote,shares n like, how many people have ur stupidity saved
Re: "Kanu Is The Best African Player" - Thierry Henry (Photos) by ihedioramma: 9:13pm On Dec 17, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

What of you ?
Re: "Kanu Is The Best African Player" - Thierry Henry (Photos) by Johnbosco77(m): 9:22pm On Dec 17, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

no
Please be my pen pal.... I've mentioned u twice but no reply..
You are super talented and somewhat omniscience...
You seem to know virtually every facet of life...
#BestComenterOfTheYear

1 Like

Re: "Kanu Is The Best African Player" - Thierry Henry (Photos) by ttmax09(m): 9:24pm On Dec 17, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Nothing ! I repeat Nothing u ever say make's any sense.
Re: "Kanu Is The Best African Player" - Thierry Henry (Photos) by Jbuster: 9:25pm On Dec 17, 2017
Hello, good morning. Please help.me fund my wallet. I paid 2000 naira on your access bank account on Monday through my access bank app. And immediately my account was debited. It is so regrettable that since then my wallet has not been credited. Mr victor
ojeanelo please do something. I'm already fed up of this.
(victor ojeanelo & Clubkonnect)
Re: "Kanu Is The Best African Player" - Thierry Henry (Photos) by phkka1(m): 9:28pm On Dec 17, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

You lack knowledge.
Re: "Kanu Is The Best African Player" - Thierry Henry (Photos) by Mariangeles(f): 9:28pm On Dec 17, 2017
NtoAkwaIbom:
Okocha be looking at you like... "Nso ke atang!!"
Meaning...
Re: "Kanu Is The Best African Player" - Thierry Henry (Photos) by Icon79(m): 9:29pm On Dec 17, 2017
Are you laughing at him or with him? Please stop laughing at a mad man, he'd think that you're laughing with him angry sad

O pari

peterphd:

Hahahaha guy you're too funny
Re: "Kanu Is The Best African Player" - Thierry Henry (Photos) by vroy(m): 9:35pm On Dec 17, 2017
He was once a teammate with papilo
Re: "Kanu Is The Best African Player" - Thierry Henry (Photos) by marooh: 9:39pm On Dec 17, 2017
krattoss:
Why should I give a f*ck undecided
Because konji hold u grin
Re: "Kanu Is The Best African Player" - Thierry Henry (Photos) by Joshrob(m): 9:44pm On Dec 17, 2017
UbanmeUdie:
shocked

Thierry Henry is a big time coward!

Who is Nwankwor Kanu compared to Samuel Eto?
Who is Nwankwor Kanu compared to the irresponsible boy called Mikel Obi?

Well, Henry might just be right to say Nwankwor Kanu is technically the greatest player out of Africa because he made sure Kanu's middle name at Arsenal became Benjamin and he never did anything about it.

A player that left Arsenal unceremoniously and got sacked by West brom is that what henry calls great?

Henry must be high on excess Guiness stout.

Na your papa sack KANU for west brom ba..crazy fool.
KANU is among the top 50 greatest player that have ever played for arsenal,and he's still respected anytime he comes around the club.
how many players have arsenal celebrated after they retired apart from Adams and bergkamp?..
just dey open ur stinky mouth,dey talk rubbish
Re: "Kanu Is The Best African Player" - Thierry Henry (Photos) by piippa(m): 9:48pm On Dec 17, 2017
Henry didn't say Kanu is the best in Africa he said "Technically" . Kanu is More technically gifted than any other African player but Samuel Eto Fills is the Best African footballer.

1 Like

Re: "Kanu Is The Best African Player" - Thierry Henry (Photos) by churchillfrank(m): 9:49pm On Dec 17, 2017
Nigerians are good in talking rubbish, what concerns kanu with building of roads, so he should go and be doing the job that is meant for the governor of the State just to be the best Africa football.
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Re: "Kanu Is The Best African Player" - Thierry Henry (Photos) by fredoman: 9:50pm On Dec 17, 2017
Kekx:
KANU can never be the best African player,

Where are the likes of George Weah, Eto,

What of Mikel Obi ....Oh sorry!!,
grin

In terms of Trophies, He isn't topping in Africa...ETO is topping!
In terms of Ballin, He isn't topping... OKOCHA is topping!
In terms of resting on bench, He isn't topping,. MIKEL is topping!
In terms of personal awards, He isn't topping.... ETO and GEORGE WEAH are topping!

He was just opportune to play for almighty Ajax then and fvcked up by playing for one old man Arsene wenger who has refused to give Arsenal fans back their soccer joy.

Why and how is he the best player in Africa?

Tumb up
Re: "Kanu Is The Best African Player" - Thierry Henry (Photos) by piippa(m): 9:52pm On Dec 17, 2017
Johnbosco77:
no
Please be my pen pal.... I've mentioned u twice but no reply..
You are super talented and somewhat omniscience...
You seem to know virtually every facet of life...
#BestComenterOfTheYear
Henry Ain't far from the truth. Technically Kanu is the Best but Samuel Eto Fils is Africa's Best Ever.

1 Like

Re: "Kanu Is The Best African Player" - Thierry Henry (Photos) by ThumbzTNA(m): 9:54pm On Dec 17, 2017
[s]
Kekx:
KANU can never be the best African player,

Where are the likes of George Weah, Eto,

What of Mikel Obi ....Oh sorry!!,
grin

In terms of Trophies, He isn't topping in Africa...ETO is topping!
In terms of Ballin, He isn't topping... OKOCHA is topping!
In terms of resting on bench, He isn't topping,. MIKEL is topping!
In terms of personal awards, He isn't topping.... ETO and GEORGE WEAH are topping!

He was just opportune to play for almighty Ajax then and fvcked up by playing for one old man Arsene wenger who has refused to give Arsenal fans back their soccer joy.

Why and how is he the best player in Africa?

[/s]

Lame
Re: "Kanu Is The Best African Player" - Thierry Henry (Photos) by Kekx(m): 9:54pm On Dec 17, 2017
jamexborn:

The more stupid one is, the closer one is to reality. The more stupid one is, the clearer one is. Stupidity is brief and artless, while intelligence squirms and hides itself. Intelligence is unprincipled, but stupidity is honest and straightforward.

You are stupid

I fancy your lines and points, regardless of who you were telling.

they are dope. grin

1 Like

Re: "Kanu Is The Best African Player" - Thierry Henry (Photos) by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 9:59pm On Dec 17, 2017
Mariangeles:
Meaning...
Wetin you talk...
Re: "Kanu Is The Best African Player" - Thierry Henry (Photos) by stevejomo(m): 10:18pm On Dec 17, 2017
krattoss:
what 're u trying to say?? That kanu havnt achieved much in career or doesn't deserve the accolades? ? undecided
ignored with a stick of Kent

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Nike Unveiled New Super Jersey For World Cup / Nigeria Vs USA (0 - 2) U-20 Women's World Cup Semi-Final Full Time / Messi Finishes Copa America With Red Card After Furious Medel Clash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.