Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,835 members, 7,820,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:45 AM

Shadows Of Death (the Girl-god) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Shadows Of Death (the Girl-god) (607 Views)

Above The Shadows / Shadows Of Death (the Girl-god) / Shadows Of Death (the Girl-god) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shadows Of Death (the Girl-god) by sochey(f): 7:26pm On Dec 18, 2017
EPISODE TWO
THE CHASE

CHAPTER TWO

“let's play some pranks on those old men over there, we could get lucky and collect their money". Martha had suggested to me one hot afternoon. We had roamed the whole city looking for food and water. We hadn't cared much of what we wore, food and water was most important.
“I doubt if we could outsmart them, they look pretty serious and not ready to laugh or offer anything". I had responded her after taking a close look at the old men who had come out of their homes to feed pigeons. It looks like they had been doing it for ages because the pigeons responded quickly to their whistle, knowing which master to follow.
“Then we shall starve all day, today is so hopeless" Martha had concluded as she threw her hands up in the air and down in exasperation.
“ No Martha, we shall look for another alternative. Robbing those old people isn't the best way, we could do something else". I said immediately, not accepting defeat. I hated to loose, loosing was not an option and I couldn't accept it from my best friend either.
Martha looked at me with grimace, she knew who I was and therefore knew we would find something better to do other than stealing. I set off and entered the market. Martha followed sluggishly behind. She couldn't fathom my next plan and I couldn't make one out of my brains either. But I knew we shall find a way. We entered the market and fortunately, I saw a woman who was stranded with the heavy goods she had bought and needed to take it to her car. I quickly rushed to her with Martha following smartly behind me, I knew we could make something from the confused and tired woman and so does Martha.
“Good day madam, we could help you with the goods to your car. You know?" I offered immediately with a wink, not waiting for her to reply to my greetings. There was no time to waste.
“Yea, definitely. But I'm not sure you gurls will be able to lift it all" she replied pressing hard on the word ‘gurl’ and looking at us in a melancholic manner.
We were in need of money and food, I wouldn't care if it was a house that was set for me to lift. Atleast, its better off than playing some silly pranks on some old cargoes and making away with there money. I was determined, sharp and coupled with smartness.
“You could give us a try, would you?" I pestered on.
“oh no, I wish I wouldn't! But since there's no help coming forth, I rather take you gurls" She replied with a countenance full of doubt which I cared less about.
I hurriedly picked up the largest and placed it on my shoulders, supporting it with my hands. It was heavy quite alright but the zeal to work and feed was there, wiping away laziness and lack of strength. Martha knew that she could was to assist and she was great at it.
As Martha and I was arranging the goods in the woman's car, I spotted a young ugly looking tattered child making away with the woman's carton of biscuits. At first, I thought I could let the child go but I felt the woman won't be pleased so I ran after the boy straight down into the market. The woman was surprised and wondered what was happening but a passer by told her what had happened. In few minutes later, I was back sweaty and breathing hard with the carton of biscuits in my hands. I guess the woman had looked at me with disbelief and had rewarded I and Martha bountifully.
Re: Shadows Of Death (the Girl-god) by SuperSuave(m): 8:11pm On Dec 18, 2017
where's episode 1? you should post all episodes on the same thread not wasting cyberspace by creating new threads for every episode.

Are you new?

Nice story by the way
Re: Shadows Of Death (the Girl-god) by sochey(f): 8:38pm On Dec 18, 2017
[quote author=SuperSuave post=63402825]where's episode 1? you should post all episodes on the same thread not wasting cyberspace by creating new threads for every episode.

Are you new?

Nice story by the way[/quot
Sorry ooo
I don't know how to post on same thread
Thanks anyway
Could you teach me?
Re: Shadows Of Death (the Girl-god) by SuperSuave(m): 9:07pm On Dec 18, 2017
Sochey, just use the REPLY button to add to comments on a thread. There's one above the thread and there's another below.
Re: Shadows Of Death (the Girl-god) by sochey(f): 12:20am On Dec 19, 2017
SuperSuave:
Sochey, just use the REPLY button to add to comments on a thread. There's one above the thread and there's another below.

thanks

(1) (Reply)

A Last Letter From The Desert- A Poem By Gaby / Police Is Your Friend (dedicated To The Brother We Lost-Kolade Johnson Kola) / I Need A Good Script Writer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.