Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,025 members, 7,818,027 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:29 AM

Ask All Your Cryptocurrency-related Questions - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ask All Your Cryptocurrency-related Questions (4435 Views)

'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' / Sell Your Cryptocurrency, Paypal, Perfect Money, Gift Cards Etc To Us / Customs Import Prohibition List. Numbers 16 & 23 Are Car Related (full List) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask All Your Cryptocurrency-related Questions by armadeo(m): 8:53pm On Dec 19, 2017
JustCryptos:

Read the news, that's the basics. It is all dependent on what you want to achieve and your purpose for investing. Is it to store, are you trying to mine, are you interested in trading? These are all pertinent questions you need to ask.

trading.

from what i have seen mining is almost an impossible task, so trading and storing.

its like shares isnt it?
Re: Ask All Your Cryptocurrency-related Questions by JustCryptos: 8:55pm On Dec 19, 2017
dsurest:
op I can across a trend here on nairaland that was talking about slide coin.

slide coin is an Android app that mines bitcoin free
do you know about it? if yes,please throw more light on it

2 how can one enable 2fa on coinbase

Thanks

1. Any app or individual that promises you that you can mine a reasonable amount of Bitcoin on your phone, a software, or a hardware (without a reasonable investment) is a scam. To put this in perspective, I have 2 fairly okay systems; a dell lattitude Core i7, 8gb RAM and an HP with similar specs (no dedicated graphics card). I ran both systems for 24 hours but didn't make up to 50 cents - both systems were over heating. So please from experience, any app that requires you to perform tasks or mine on your phone or laptop is not ideal. This is called "faucet farming" and at the end you will be frustrated.

2. Like I said earlier, I have never used coinbase, so I don't know how their interface works. I will have a quick look and revert back to you.

Update:
1. Open your account on coinbase
2. Click on settings
3. Select the security tab
4. Click on enable authenticator
5. Use your android or PC Google authenticator app to scan the bar code
6. Retype the 6-digit code on coinbase.

This is all.
Note: Write down your "Authenticator Recovery Code" and keep it safe.
Re: Ask All Your Cryptocurrency-related Questions by JustCryptos: 8:57pm On Dec 19, 2017
armadeo:

trading.

from what i have seen mining is almost an impossible task, so trading and storing.

its like shares isnt it?

Mining is very profitable. I tried uploading screenshots from my earnings on a thread in the investment section and I received a ban. Notice that I don't post links or attach pictures.
Re: Ask All Your Cryptocurrency-related Questions by KingOfThePay(m): 8:57pm On Dec 19, 2017
The OP is really an EXPERT in his field..!

I affirm him!
Re: Ask All Your Cryptocurrency-related Questions by JustCryptos: 8:59pm On Dec 19, 2017
armadeo:

trading.

its like shares isnt it?

The basics of trading will mean you first have to understand what the chart means. When to enter the market and when to exit. How to read candle sticks, how to make predictions, etc. This is something you have to learn on your own. There are a lot of videos on YouTube to get you started with this.
Re: Ask All Your Cryptocurrency-related Questions by KingOfThePay(m): 9:00pm On Dec 19, 2017
The OP is really an EXPERT in his field..!

I affirm him!

Now you logger head still lost, go out there and buy some $100 worth of Bitcoins and above... Live it in your wallet(blockchain recommended) till February next year... . . Come back here, quote me and thank me...
Re: Ask All Your Cryptocurrency-related Questions by JustCryptos: 9:05pm On Dec 19, 2017
[quote author=KingOfThePay post=63435925][/quote]

Thanks.
Re: Ask All Your Cryptocurrency-related Questions by armadeo(m): 9:25pm On Dec 19, 2017
1 bit coin is 850 dollars?

so if i put in 100 dollars what would that fetch me? also can i buy direct in naira?

sorry i really have no idea how this works.

also any books or materials to read that would be helpful will be highly appreciated
Re: Ask All Your Cryptocurrency-related Questions by Carmal90(m): 9:37pm On Dec 19, 2017
JustCryptos:

1. Any app or individual that promises you that you can mine a reasonable amount of Bitcoin on your phone, a software, or a hardware (without a reasonable investment) is a scam. To put this in perspective, I have 2 fairly okay systems; a dell lattitude Core i7, 8gb RAM and an HP with similar specs (no dedicated graphics card). I ran both systems for 24 hours but didn't make up to 50 cents - both systems were over heating. So please from experience, any app that requires you to perform tasks or mine on your phone or laptop is not ideal. This is called "faucet farming" and at the end you will be frustrated.

2. Like I said earlier, I have never used coinbase, so I don't know how their interface works. I will have a quick look and revert back to you.

Update:
2. Click on settings

This is all.

I am readily availaable for the freelance parole.
Am unemployed

1 Like

Re: Ask All Your Cryptocurrency-related Questions by cityofindustry: 2:59am On Dec 20, 2017
Hi there,

I like to ask you some questions, do you have a phone number I can reach you at .

JustCryptos:

Update:
2. Click on settings

This is all.
Re: Ask All Your Cryptocurrency-related Questions by HDSams: 3:59am On Dec 20, 2017
cityofindustry:
Hi there,

I like to ask you some questions, do you have a phone number I can reach you at .

Hello, this is still Justcryptos. For some reason the anti-spam not keeping dashing me bans, I don't know why. Send a pm to JustCryptos and I'll respond.
Re: Ask All Your Cryptocurrency-related Questions by temisilva(m): 9:41am On Dec 21, 2017
How do you calculate your future value in Naira when the value of bitcoin increases?
Re: Ask All Your Cryptocurrency-related Questions by profbeejay(m): 11:10am On Dec 21, 2017
Bitcoin needed, I give a better rate than some exchangers and make payment very fast.

reach me fast on my signature
Re: Ask All Your Cryptocurrency-related Questions by JustCryptos: 6:09am On Dec 23, 2017
Hello guys, sorry I couldn't update this thread. Anti-spam bots gave me a ban for one of my posts here, I am still trying to figure out what I said.
Re: Ask All Your Cryptocurrency-related Questions by iykepromotions: 7:44am On Dec 23, 2017
JustCryptos:

That's not an excuse my friend. One day, I will tell my story but not today. One fundamental truth I have learnt in life is that man will always survive. When I earned 400k I survived, when I earned a lot less, I survived, when I lost it all I still survived. It was in losing it all, I started investing.

But as an advice, whatever you earn irrespective of how small, keep 30% of it aside for an investment - it can be buying and selling, cryptocurrencies, or anything else.

The poor man thinks of what to eat and drink today, the rich man thinks of what to forgo today, to make a lot more tomorrow.
so inspirational bro. Keep it up.
Re: Ask All Your Cryptocurrency-related Questions by jozzee1(m): 9:45am On Dec 23, 2017
Buy cheap data for all networks today at almost half the original price.
* No cheat
* Same quality
* Same or even better validity.
See my signature for more.
Re: Ask All Your Cryptocurrency-related Questions by maxjax(m): 12:56pm On Dec 23, 2017
crypto.......I'm getting set to start mining
Re: Ask All Your Cryptocurrency-related Questions by JustCryptos: 8:47am On Dec 24, 2017
Carmal90:

I am readily availaable for the freelance parole.
Am unemployed

I am sorry, I totally missed this because of my ban. What digital skills do you have?
Re: Ask All Your Cryptocurrency-related Questions by iamnlia(m): 9:57am On Dec 24, 2017
Can coins go down like ponzi schemes?
Re: Ask All Your Cryptocurrency-related Questions by JustCryptos: 10:46am On Dec 24, 2017
iamnlia:
Can coins go down like ponzi schemes?
No, they can't go down like ponzi schemes. Think of them like Forex or stocks. Global economics affects the prices of fiat currencies and the price stocks. Similarly, innovations and formidable partnerships affect the prices of these coins.

For example, 2-3 weeks ago, the price of an altcoin, IOTA moved from around $2 to $5 because there was news that Microsoft was partnering with them. They later came out to debunk the claim and clarify their relationship with Microsoft and the price went down a bit.

There have also been cases of ICOs running away with customers money but that is not very common.
Re: Ask All Your Cryptocurrency-related Questions by Carmal90(m): 12:30pm On Dec 24, 2017
JustCryptos:

I am sorry, I totally missed this because of my ban. What digital skills do you have?

I don't have any yet, just started learning Web design and development couple with Adobe photoshop
Pls help
Re: Ask All Your Cryptocurrency-related Questions by JustCryptos: 1:13pm On Dec 24, 2017
Carmal90:

I don't have any yet, just started learning Web design and development couple with Adobe photoshop
Pls help

It is a good thing that you are learning some skills. I started off writing on Freelancer, then moved over to Fiverr. Web Design (full stack) and graphic designs are a good skills, master them. Also, I encourage you to learn illustrator and general branding. When you are proficient enough, head off to 99designs, create an account and if you are very good and lucky, you will win some jobs.

You can also try out Fiverr. There are multiple threads here that work you through.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you need anything more. Thanks.
Re: Ask All Your Cryptocurrency-related Questions by SpongeBobSP: 1:56am On Dec 25, 2017
please I have Ben hearing about ripple xrp and read some stuff up, it looks like it has some potential , what your take.
and please how can I buy and which is the best wallet for it. or the mist diverse wallet ?
Re: Ask All Your Cryptocurrency-related Questions by iamnlia(m): 9:01am On Dec 25, 2017
Also, it seems that coins with high circulating supply grow much slower than others and also coins grow faster when listed on more exchanges.

How does it work?

I've been seeing that Electro coin everywhere, they have a good social media following and John McAfee has given good reviews about the coin. Do you think it's worth it? I already bought 30
Re: Ask All Your Cryptocurrency-related Questions by Nobody: 4:32pm On Dec 25, 2017
JustCryptos:

1. Bitcoin - Why? Because it is he first, has the largest market share and cap, and if it crashes, chances are that others will follow suit. Predictions are that it will reach 50,000 USD by the end of 2018.

2. Ethereum - It is the second largest in terms of market cap and it enjoys faster transaction time and better fees. Check all the recent ICOS, they run on Ethereum block chain. This is close to 900 USD and may see 2000 USD by the end of 2018.

3. Lite coin - The founder calls it the silver to Bitcoin's gold. And that is true. Litecoin can process 15k transactions a second. In the future, while Bitcoin will be used as a store of value, Litecoin may be used for everyday payments.

4. Ripple - The ripple technology is outstanding. They currently have major partnerships with banks to help hasten banking transactions. I see it reaching 5 USD soon.

5. Dash - No special reason for this. I think it is fast. And right before my eyes, I saw it got from 400 USD to over 1000 USD. I was lucky yo buy at 700 USD. In Brazil there are now 20,000 DASH ATMs if I am not mistaken.

6. IOTA - This coin runs on a tangle technology i.e internet of things. And that is the trajectory the world is headed towards.

These are few of the coins I recommend and actively have investments in.

The Ripple has suffered a lot of setback when it comes to appreciation.

Dash is good. Would like to buy it in volumes.

I bought ZEC and Bitcoin Gold this morning. I pray they perfom above expectations.
Re: Ask All Your Cryptocurrency-related Questions by Nobody: 4:39pm On Dec 25, 2017
JustCryptos:

Mining is very profitable. I tried uploading screenshots from my earnings on a thread in the investment section and I received a ban. Notice that I don't post links or attach pictures.

What cryptocurrency do you mine? Do you do cloud mining or with GPU? I did some extensive research on mining and discovered that for you to mine most cryptos, you must have very good hardware.

Secondly, is cloud mining more profitable as opposed to GPU mining?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Own Enugu’s Coal City Taxi / . / Production Of Quality Car Wash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.