Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,746 members, 7,809,844 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:55 PM

Ask All Your Cryptocurrency-related Questions - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ask All Your Cryptocurrency-related Questions (4421 Views)

'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' / Sell Your Cryptocurrency, Paypal, Perfect Money, Gift Cards Etc To Us / Customs Import Prohibition List. Numbers 16 & 23 Are Car Related (full List) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ask All Your Cryptocurrency-related Questions by JustCryptos: 9:51am On Dec 19, 2017
So as the title suggests. You can ask all your cryptocurrency questions and I will answer them to the best of my knowledge and research.
Re: Ask All Your Cryptocurrency-related Questions by SOFTENGR: 9:54am On Dec 19, 2017
What cryptocurrency would you advice an investor to buy now?
Re: Ask All Your Cryptocurrency-related Questions by JustCryptos: 11:39am On Dec 19, 2017
SOFTENGR:
What cryptocurrency would you advice an investor to buy now?

1. Bitcoin - Why? Because it is he first, has the largest market share and cap, and if it crashes, chances are that others will follow suit. Predictions are that it will reach 50,000 USD by the end of 2018.

2. Ethereum - It is the second largest in terms of market cap and it enjoys faster transaction time and better fees. Check all the recent ICOS, they run on Ethereum block chain. This is close to 900 USD and may see 2000 USD by the end of 2018.

3. Lite coin - The founder calls it the silver to Bitcoin's gold. And that is true. Litecoin can process 15k transactions a second. In the future, while Bitcoin will be used as a store of value, Litecoin may be used for everyday payments.

4. Ripple - The ripple technology is outstanding. They currently have major partnerships with banks to help hasten banking transactions. I see it reaching 5 USD soon.

5. Dash - No special reason for this. I think it is fast. And right before my eyes, I saw it got from 400 USD to over 1000 USD. I was lucky yo buy at 700 USD. In Brazil there are now 20,000 DASH ATMs if I am not mistaken.

6. IOTA - This coin runs on a tangle technology i.e internet of things. And that is the trajectory the world is headed towards.

These are few of the coins I recommend and actively have investments in.

4 Likes

Re: Ask All Your Cryptocurrency-related Questions by armadeo(m): 12:08pm On Dec 19, 2017
Any hints on how to understand the basics.
Re: Ask All Your Cryptocurrency-related Questions by JustCryptos: 12:18pm On Dec 19, 2017
armadeo:
Any hints on how to understand the basics.

Read the news, that's the basics. It is all dependent on what you want to achieve and your purpose for investing. Is it to store, are you trying to mine, are you interested in trading? These are all pertinent questions you need to ask.
Re: Ask All Your Cryptocurrency-related Questions by dsurest(m): 12:27pm On Dec 19, 2017
how do I start?
Re: Ask All Your Cryptocurrency-related Questions by JustCryptos: 12:57pm On Dec 19, 2017
dsurest:

thanks.
1 how about coinbase? I saw that here on nairaland, how safe is it?
2 the minimum amount I can invest
3 equivalent of 1bitcoin in naira

1. I have never used coinbase so I can't give an advice to that regards. I think they sell just 3 coins - Bitcoin - BTC, Ethereum - ETH, and Litecoin - LTC. If your interest in mainly on any of these, go with Coinbase.

2. I can't say. It depends on your goals. I set out 60% of my monthly income to invest in cryptocurrencies. You can start with as low as 20 USD or as high as 100,000 USD

3. 1 BTC is currently hovering around 18,000 USD. That is 6.57 million Naira at a rate of 365/USD.
Re: Ask All Your Cryptocurrency-related Questions by dsurest(m): 1:02pm On Dec 19, 2017
thanks so much dear, but I'm currently unemployed no money to invest .would have loved to invest now
Re: Ask All Your Cryptocurrency-related Questions by alakara(m): 1:11pm On Dec 19, 2017
. when can I start investing.
Re: Ask All Your Cryptocurrency-related Questions by JustCryptos: 1:20pm On Dec 19, 2017
dsurest:
thanks so much dear, but I'm currently unemployed no money to invest .would have loved to invest now

That's not an excuse my friend. One day, I will tell my story but not today. One fundamental truth I have learnt in life is that man will always survive. When I earned 400k I survived, when I earned a lot less, I survived, when I lost it all I still survived. It was in losing it all, I started investing.

But as an advice, whatever you earn irrespective of how small, keep 30% of it aside for an investment - it can be buying and selling, cryptocurrencies, or anything else.

The poor man thinks of what to eat and drink today, the rich man thinks of what to forgo today, to make a lot more tomorrow.

6 Likes

Re: Ask All Your Cryptocurrency-related Questions by JustCryptos: 1:23pm On Dec 19, 2017
alakara:
. when can I start investing.

You can start right now. In the next 10 minutes. Follow the steps above.
1. Create a wallet
2. Contact any of the traders on Nairaland
3. Buy
4. Store, mine, or trade

Note: Because of the increased popularity Bitcoin have gained, transactions are usually slow so you may not receive the transfer immediately.

1 Like

Re: Ask All Your Cryptocurrency-related Questions by Nobody: 1:33pm On Dec 19, 2017
Thanks for the coaching Op. I want to go into bitcoin trading, what is the minimum bitcoin i can start with?(pls in usd so i can understand)
Re: Ask All Your Cryptocurrency-related Questions by dsurest(m): 1:34pm On Dec 19, 2017
[quote author=JustCryptos post=63423124]

That's not an excuse my friend. One day, I will tell my story but not today. One fundamental truth I have learnt in life is that man will always survive. When I earned 400k I survived, when I earned a lot less, I survived, when I lost it all I still survived. It was in losing it all, I started investing.

But as an advice, whatever you earn irrespective of how small, keep 30% of it aside for an investment - it can be buying and selling, cryptocurrencies, or anything else.

The poor man thinks of what to eat and drink today, the rich man thinks of what to forgo today, to make a lot more tomorrow.

Thanks so much. God bless
Re: Ask All Your Cryptocurrency-related Questions by perenina(f): 1:44pm On Dec 19, 2017
dsurest:
you can create a wallet with Paxful. it is secure to buy bitcoin there follow the link https://paxful.com/roots/buy-bitcoin/index?affiliate=MmKdXqDGYwo
JustCryptos:

1. I have never used coinbase so I can't give an advice to that regards. I think they sell just 3 coins - Bitcoin - BTC, Ethereum - ETH, and Litecoin - LTC. If your interest in mainly on any of these, go with Coinbase.

2. I can't say. It depends on your goals. I set out 60% of my monthly income to invest in cryptocurrencies. You can start with as low as 20 USD or as high as 100,000 USD

3. 1 BTC is currently hovering around 18,000 USD. That is 6.57 million Naira at a rate of 365/USD.
Re: Ask All Your Cryptocurrency-related Questions by JustCryptos: 1:45pm On Dec 19, 2017
[quote author=dsurest post=63423503][/quote] Amen. I will be glad to assist you in the little way I can. Are you a graduate, do you have skills? If yes, I can walk you through freelancing for free. It won't be easy, you'll have to learn a lot. But you'll be glad you did.

1 Like

Re: Ask All Your Cryptocurrency-related Questions by JustCryptos: 1:47pm On Dec 19, 2017
Mkpi:
Thanks for the coaching Op. I want to go into bitcoin trading, what is the minimum bitcoin i can start with?(pls in usd so i can understand)

Going into trading, you can start with $100 to test the waters. If you are already grounded, anything from $1000-5,000 is okay. I am guessing you already know how to read candle sticks and draw chart lines. I am not an expert in this field.
Re: Ask All Your Cryptocurrency-related Questions by JustCryptos: 1:50pm On Dec 19, 2017
perenina:
you can create a wallet with Paxful.

Thanks for this.
Re: Ask All Your Cryptocurrency-related Questions by Nobody: 2:08pm On Dec 19, 2017
JustCryptos:

Going into trading, you can start with $100 to test the waters. If you are already grounded, anything from $1000-5,000 is okay. I am guessing you already know how to read candle sticks and draw chart lines. I am not an expert in this field.
yes am currently trading forex so i know about those things
Re: Ask All Your Cryptocurrency-related Questions by JustCryptos: 2:27pm On Dec 19, 2017
Mkpi:
yes am currently trading forex so i know about those things

Great. So you are good to go.
Re: Ask All Your Cryptocurrency-related Questions by Nobody: 4:57pm On Dec 19, 2017
JustCryptos:

Great. So you are good to go.
Thanks man
Re: Ask All Your Cryptocurrency-related Questions by dsurest(m): 5:02pm On Dec 19, 2017
JustCryptos:
Amen. I will be glad to assist you in the little way I can. Are you a graduate, do you have skills? If yes, I can walk you through freelancing for free. It won't be easy, you'll have to learn a lot. But you'll be glad you did.

Thanks man! I'm a graduate but I'm starting something next year.Thanks for your help
Re: Ask All Your Cryptocurrency-related Questions by Nobody: 5:39pm On Dec 19, 2017
JustCryptos:
So as the title suggests. You can ask all your cryptocurrency questions and I will answer them to the best of my knowledge and research.

1)I want to transfer my bitcoins from Blockchain to Luno. Will my bitcoins still be growing?

2) how do people hack into someone's bitcoin wallet? Saw a post of a guy who lost his funds due to this and he has never shared his password with anyone

3) Does Ethereum have the potential to spring up like btc?
Re: Ask All Your Cryptocurrency-related Questions by SOFTENGR: 6:25pm On Dec 19, 2017
JustCryptos:

1. Bitcoin - Why? Because it is he first, has the largest market share and cap, and if it crashes, chances are that others will follow suit. Predictions are that it will reach 50,000 USD by the end of 2018.

2. Ethereum - It is the second largest in terms of market cap and it enjoys faster transaction time and better fees. Check all the recent ICOS, they run on Ethereum block chain. This is close to 900 USD and may see 2000 USD by the end of 2018.

3. Lite coin - The founder calls it the silver to Bitcoin's gold. And that is true. Litecoin can process 15k transactions a second. In the future, while Bitcoin will be used as a store of value, Litecoin may be used for everyday payments.

4. Ripple - The ripple technology is outstanding. They currently have major partnerships with banks to help hasten banking transactions. I see it reaching 5 USD soon.

5. Dash - No special reason for this. I think it is fast. And right before my eyes, I saw it got from 400 USD to over 1000 USD. I was lucky yo buy at 700 USD. In Brazil there are now 20,000 DASH ATMs if I am not mistaken.

6. IOTA - This coin runs on a tangle technology i.e internet of things. And that is the trajectory the world is headed towards.

These are few of the coins I recommend and actively have investments in.
Many thanks to you.
Re: Ask All Your Cryptocurrency-related Questions by JustCryptos: 7:59pm On Dec 19, 2017
Spygadgets19:

1)I want to transfer my bitcoins from Blockchain to Luno. Will my bitcoins still be growing?

2) how do people hack into someone's bitcoin wallet? Saw a post of a guy who lost his funds due to this and he has never shared his password with anyone

3) Does Ethereum have the potential to spring up like btc?

1. The value of the Bitcoin in your wallet is dependent on the overall market price, not on the wallet provider. So yes, it will still increase if the price of Bitcoin goes up, and vice versa.

2. There are several ways your wallet can be hacked. There are malware that can capture your password and steal your funds. Always ensure you have 2FA enable. Recently, I had an issue with blockchain and I posted my problem on their Facebook page. A scam artist who claims to be from support contacted me and asked for my 12 word recovery phase. Anyone that has those world can steal from your account - don't give it to anyone. Also, there are phishing links that steal your details. They are a clone of the real site.

3. Yes, it does. At the beginning of this year it was around $8. It is currently around $850. Experts have said it may reach $1500 by next year. But I predict $2500 by he end of next year.

1 Like

Re: Ask All Your Cryptocurrency-related Questions by JustCryptos: 8:00pm On Dec 19, 2017
dsurest:

Thanks man! I'm a graduate but I'm starting something next year.Thanks for your help

You are welcome.
Re: Ask All Your Cryptocurrency-related Questions by JustCryptos: 8:00pm On Dec 19, 2017
SOFTENGR:
Many thanks to you.
You are welcome
Re: Ask All Your Cryptocurrency-related Questions by Nobody: 8:03pm On Dec 19, 2017
JustCryptos:

1. The value of the Bitcoin in your wallet is dependent on the overall market price, not on the wallet provider. So yes, it will still increase if the price of Bitcoin goes up, and vice versa.

2. There are several ways your wallet can be hacked. There are malware that can capture your password and steal your funds. Always ensure you have 2FA enable. Recently, I had an issue with blockchain and I posted my problem on their Facebook page. A scam artist who claims to be from support contacted me and asked for my 12 word recovery phase. Anyone that has those world can steal from your account - don't give it to anyone. Also, there are phishing links that steal your details. They are a clone of the real site.

3. Yes, it does. At the beginning of this year it was around $8. It is currently around $850. Experts have said it may reach $1500 by next year. But I predict $2500 by he end of next year.
Wow thanks Much
Re: Ask All Your Cryptocurrency-related Questions by dsurest(m): 8:36pm On Dec 19, 2017
Re: Ask All Your Cryptocurrency-related Questions by dsurest(m): 8:36pm On Dec 19, 2017
op I can across a trend
Re: Ask All Your Cryptocurrency-related Questions by dsurest(m): 8:37pm On Dec 19, 2017
op I can across a trend here on nairaland that was talking about slide coin.
slide coin is an Android app that mines bitcoin free do you know about it? if yes,please throw more light on it
2 how can one enable 2fa on coinbase
Thanks

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

25 Small Businesses You Can Start With Less Than 50,000 Naira / Check Out The Original Photos For The Pictures On These Naira Notes / Money Transfer Services Uk To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.