Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,042 members, 7,818,086 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:25 AM

SO SAD!! Pregnant Teenager Suffering A Deadl Brain Tumor, Has 3 Months To Live!! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / SO SAD!! Pregnant Teenager Suffering A Deadl Brain Tumor, Has 3 Months To Live!! (740 Views)

Soldier Gets Home After 8 Months To Meet His Wife 3-Months Pregnant For Her Ex / Lady Dies Four Weeks After Graduation And Few Months To Her Wedding (Photos) / Is It Wise For A Man To Marry A Divorcee Who Has 3 Little Kids? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

SO SAD!! Pregnant Teenager Suffering A Deadl Brain Tumor, Has 3 Months To Live!! by Teniola2000: 9:55am On Dec 19, 2017
This is heartbreaking. Dana Scatton , 17, was tragically diagnosed with diffuse intrinsic pontine glioma (DIPG), an inoperable brain tumor , on Dec. 10 and she’s now fighting for her life after doctors have given her three to nine months to live.

The Pennsylvania teen is currently seven months pregnant and may have to deliver her baby,a girl, prematurely in three weeks due to her grave condition, according to the Daily Mail.

If the baby survives the premature birth, doctors have said that there’s a slim chance it will be affected by Dana’s diagnosis.

Once the baby is born, Dana can begin radiation treatments to help extend her life to the maximum nine months.

Without radiation, she is only expected to survive to three months.

She has been speaking with different doctors to help find the best treatments that will help her save her baby’s life and extend her life for as long as possible, which she feels would be a Christmas miracle.

As Dana gears up for a tough battle with her illness, the odds of her surviving are not the best. The disease has a less than one percent survival rate and 90 percent of people diagnosed with DIPG don’t last longer than 18 months.

Dana’s DIPG diagnosis is extremely rare considering the
tumor is usually found in young children aged 5-10 years old and only affects about 300 children a year.

Before Dana was diagnosed with the rare disease, her symptoms started in late Nov. and consisted of difficulty speaking and walking.

Now that she has such a grim prognosis, she is still praying for her soon-to-be daughter.

“I just want to be a wonderful mother,” she told Daily Mail.

“I’m not going to go by what they say, I’m expecting a miracle.” Dana’s mother, Lenore , 51, said she truly believes Dana will be okay because her birth was already a miracle.

Lenore was supposed to have twins when she pregnant with Dana but miscarried on the other baby while Dana survived.

Her family is hoping she will beat the odds and survive once more.

News by Joel: https://joelsblog.com.ng/so-sad-pregnant-teenager-has-deadly-brain-tumor-has-3-months-to-live/
Re: SO SAD!! Pregnant Teenager Suffering A Deadl Brain Tumor, Has 3 Months To Live!! by Jochabed(f): 9:58am On Dec 19, 2017
Jesus please heal her.Amen

1 Like

Re: SO SAD!! Pregnant Teenager Suffering A Deadl Brain Tumor, Has 3 Months To Live!! by Teniola2000: 9:58am On Dec 19, 2017
Lalasticlala be kind... Please
Re: SO SAD!! Pregnant Teenager Suffering A Deadl Brain Tumor, Has 3 Months To Live!! by Teniola2000: 11:38am On Dec 19, 2017
Lalasticlala
Re: SO SAD!! Pregnant Teenager Suffering A Deadl Brain Tumor, Has 3 Months To Live!! by Teniola2000: 12:05pm On Dec 19, 2017
Lalasticlala, mynd44,ishilove
Re: SO SAD!! Pregnant Teenager Suffering A Deadl Brain Tumor, Has 3 Months To Live!! by IfeomaRash(f): 1:21pm On Dec 19, 2017
And who says she has 3 months to live Are they God. No one has the power to tell the number of days a person can live up to,for it has been written in the Bible that before he made us,he knew us and before we were born,he had always ordained us great people. So therefore I speak unto this girl's brain,receive life right now in the mighty name of Jesus christ
Re: SO SAD!! Pregnant Teenager Suffering A Deadl Brain Tumor, Has 3 Months To Live!! by Teniola2000: 7:53pm On Dec 19, 2017
IfeomaRash:
And who says she has 3 months to live Are they God. No one has the power to tell the number of days a person can live up to,for it has been written in the Bible that before he made us,he knew us and before we were born,he had always ordained us great people. So therefore I speak unto this girl's brain,receive life right now in the mighty name of Jesus christ

Ameeeeeeeen!!!! God bless you!!!!!!!

Cc: lalasticlala
Re: SO SAD!! Pregnant Teenager Suffering A Deadl Brain Tumor, Has 3 Months To Live!! by Teniola2000: 7:54pm On Dec 19, 2017
Lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

Vote For My Twins For The Ongoing Cusson Baby Of The Year Competition / What Happens When Parents Refused To Promote Spiritual Life Of A Child? / Again I Ask Please What Should I Do (BATTERY)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.