Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,141 members, 7,814,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

Ford Mustang 5.0 GT Vs Dodge Challenger SRT 6.1 Hemi - Who's Your Winner? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Ford Mustang 5.0 GT Vs Dodge Challenger SRT 6.1 Hemi - Who's Your Winner? (14760 Views)

See What Is Left Of The N31m Dodge Challenger SRT American Rapper Offset Crashed / This U.S AF's Special Ops Supercar,Dodge Challenger Vapor Will Blow Your Mind / Dodge Challenger RT Vs Ford Mustang GT! Which Would You Take? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ford Mustang 5.0 GT Vs Dodge Challenger SRT 6.1 Hemi - Who's Your Winner? by autojosh: 12:12pm On Dec 19, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqZ24m1d_yU

The Ford Mustang and the Dodge Challenger are among the longest living muscle cars that are still on the market till date. They are both American 2 door cars that have always gone head to head. Now, Motion Town is putting both cars on the track at Eko Atlantic City for a drag race. Let's see who will take the lead with 2 ultimate drivers behind the wheels. 

So seat tight, fasten your seatbelts and let's go on a hot pursuit. The car in the rearview mirror will be the police 

Before your final verdict, check out the statistics of both vehicles below: 

https://autojosh.com/ford-mustang-gt-vs-dodge-challenger-srt-pick/

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Seun

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ford Mustang 5.0 GT Vs Dodge Challenger SRT 6.1 Hemi - Who's Your Winner? by FLAKARIBE(m): 12:23pm On Dec 19, 2017
2-0 in favour of the mustang. nice!
Re: Ford Mustang 5.0 GT Vs Dodge Challenger SRT 6.1 Hemi - Who's Your Winner? by Readonee35L(m): 1:11pm On Dec 19, 2017
Why race a 2015 New Generation Mustang against a pretty 2011 Challenger.
The Mustang should be racing against a 2015 6.4L Challenger

19 Likes

Re: Ford Mustang 5.0 GT Vs Dodge Challenger SRT 6.1 Hemi - Who's Your Winner? by nurey(m): 3:33pm On Dec 19, 2017
Readonee35L:
Why race a 2015 New Generation Mustang against a pretty 2011 Challenger.
The Mustang should be racing against a 2015 6.4L Challenger

Year doesnt matter, with the stats both are packing, they should draw not the mustang beating the Dodge, even the dodge stats are far better in terms of top speed compared to the mustang, i smell early zooming in the mustang compared to the charger

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ford Mustang 5.0 GT Vs Dodge Challenger SRT 6.1 Hemi - Who's Your Winner? by Readonee35L(m): 4:30pm On Dec 19, 2017
nurey:

Year doesnt matter, with the stats both are packing, they should draw not the mustang beating the Dodge, even the dodge stats are far better in terms of top speed compared to the mustang, i smell early zooming in the mustang compared to the charger
Would you race 2010 camry v6 with 3.5L 2gr against a 2007 accord with J30 3.0 V6? And call it fair ?

Even if the figures of challenger might be better.
Let age mates battle.
So if try win there will be no excuse.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ford Mustang 5.0 GT Vs Dodge Challenger SRT 6.1 Hemi - Who's Your Winner? by nurey(m): 4:45pm On Dec 19, 2017
Readonee35L:

Would you race 2010 camry v6 with 3.5L 2gr against a 2007 accord with J30 3.0 V6? And call it fair ?

Even if the figures of challenger might be better.
Let age mates battle.
So if try win there will be no excuse.

Most percentage of the time, engine displacement doesnt matter, no be by V12 biturbo nah, what am saying is both cars get to 62mph in 4.5seconds, the dodge should even have an advantage with its 6.1L HEMI (Except all that na initial gra gra grin)

The bottom line is i dont care whether the ford has carbon fibre chasis, brembo brakes etc according to the data sheet, both engines would get to 100km/h @ same time and the challenger would start dusting the ford @ the 265mph mark. Its a straight line race, i expected no winner
Re: Ford Mustang 5.0 GT Vs Dodge Challenger SRT 6.1 Hemi - Who's Your Winner? by tmanis(m): 10:36pm On Dec 19, 2017
nurey:

Most percentage of the time, engine displacement doesnt matter, no be by V12 biturbo nah, what am saying is both cars get to 62mph in 4.5seconds, the dodge should even have an advantage with its 6.1L HEMI (Except all that na initial gra gra grin)

The bottom line is i dont care whether the ford has carbon fibre chasis, brembo brakes etc according to the data sheet, both engines would get to 100km/h @ same time and the challenger would start dusting the ford @ the 265mph mark. Its a straight line race, i expected no winner
it matters... Plus as stated before, the challenger is heavier. It is also older, meaning the engine and transmission would have packed in mire mileage.....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ford Mustang 5.0 GT Vs Dodge Challenger SRT 6.1 Hemi - Who's Your Winner? by nurey(m): 6:39am On Dec 20, 2017
tmanis:
it matters... Plus as stated before, the challenger is heavier. It is also older, meaning the engine and transmission would have packed in mire mileage.....

How can you be telling me weight and engine displacement matters when you already see the manufacturer data stats.

I can take engine wear as this is Nigeria, probably the owner is using mobil xhp 20w50 oil for the dodge grin
Re: Ford Mustang 5.0 GT Vs Dodge Challenger SRT 6.1 Hemi - Who's Your Winner? by XXLDICK(m): 7:06am On Dec 20, 2017
My favourite cars.

Muscle cars over any car.

Give me Dodge charger, Dodge challenger, ford Mustang or Chevrolet Camaro and keep your Benz and BMW.

To hell with German cars, America is real deal.

Only Tesla can make me give up my love for muscle cars.

2 Likes

Re: Ford Mustang 5.0 GT Vs Dodge Challenger SRT 6.1 Hemi - Who's Your Winner? by YINKS89(m): 7:06am On Dec 20, 2017
Both.
Re: Ford Mustang 5.0 GT Vs Dodge Challenger SRT 6.1 Hemi - Who's Your Winner? by tstx(m): 7:06am On Dec 20, 2017
I Must Hammer

1 Like

Re: Ford Mustang 5.0 GT Vs Dodge Challenger SRT 6.1 Hemi - Who's Your Winner? by jerrybakermillz(m): 7:07am On Dec 20, 2017
Having both is not a crime
Re: Ford Mustang 5.0 GT Vs Dodge Challenger SRT 6.1 Hemi - Who's Your Winner? by Aldebaran(m): 7:08am On Dec 20, 2017
Rooting for Dodge Challenger... grin

2 Likes

Re: Ford Mustang 5.0 GT Vs Dodge Challenger SRT 6.1 Hemi - Who's Your Winner? by pstnicodemus(m): 7:13am On Dec 20, 2017
nurey:

you MUST inspect any motor wey i wan buy now o, you to sabi about cars
Re: Ford Mustang 5.0 GT Vs Dodge Challenger SRT 6.1 Hemi - Who's Your Winner? by Nobody: 7:14am On Dec 20, 2017
Mustang is the pitbull while challenger is the Chihuahua. grin

I can't drive either though, they are for gangsters.

2 Likes

Re: Ford Mustang 5.0 GT Vs Dodge Challenger SRT 6.1 Hemi - Who's Your Winner? by buchilino(m): 7:16am On Dec 20, 2017
DON'T KNOW Y I PREFER D CHALLENGER
Re: Ford Mustang 5.0 GT Vs Dodge Challenger SRT 6.1 Hemi - Who's Your Winner? by pol23: 7:20am On Dec 20, 2017
Eko Atlantic name semi Race oo.
I've seen them race head to head in Orange Dubai...
I've seen them in movies...
I was also present at Motor racing in VI.
My take ....
The two cars are just the same,
The mustang seems better at corner while the Dodge has crazy balancing...
The driver is all that matters in this 2 cars.

1 Like

Re: Ford Mustang 5.0 GT Vs Dodge Challenger SRT 6.1 Hemi - Who's Your Winner? by albacete(m): 7:22am On Dec 20, 2017
What about the 2012 cls 63 amg?
550 hp, 6.3L V8
0-60 in 3.8 seconds
Top speed: 187mph or 295km/hr

I wanna see that

Re: Ford Mustang 5.0 GT Vs Dodge Challenger SRT 6.1 Hemi - Who's Your Winner? by 989900: 7:23am On Dec 20, 2017
The Challenger is heavier, and the driver . . ..
Re: Ford Mustang 5.0 GT Vs Dodge Challenger SRT 6.1 Hemi - Who's Your Winner? by saltoftheearth: 7:26am On Dec 20, 2017
Either can win, it depends on whose driving. I put my money on Dom Toretto #teamfastandfurious

2 Likes

Re: Ford Mustang 5.0 GT Vs Dodge Challenger SRT 6.1 Hemi - Who's Your Winner? by Fazemood(m): 7:30am On Dec 20, 2017
The manner You guys talk cars here is beautifully crazy or should I say crazily beautiful. grin
Re: Ford Mustang 5.0 GT Vs Dodge Challenger SRT 6.1 Hemi - Who's Your Winner? by newguy1(m): 7:31am On Dec 20, 2017
Me I dont . I don't know which one run pass I sha know say I like mustang especially the ones with Mante black colour

1 Like

Re: Ford Mustang 5.0 GT Vs Dodge Challenger SRT 6.1 Hemi - Who's Your Winner? by ipobarecriminals: 7:35am On Dec 20, 2017
shocked sad embarassed sad Autojosh. My wife too my daughter to a driving school.They charge her 60k for both driving /license. ?They still asked her for 3k for learner permit..Pls,how much is learner permit?.Thank u
Re: Ford Mustang 5.0 GT Vs Dodge Challenger SRT 6.1 Hemi - Who's Your Winner? by mammanbawa: 7:41am On Dec 20, 2017
Theoretical stats favour none of these cars but age is in favour of the mustang. Why not race the mustang against the 015 srt hemi?

1 Like

Re: Ford Mustang 5.0 GT Vs Dodge Challenger SRT 6.1 Hemi - Who's Your Winner? by laris: 7:42am On Dec 20, 2017
Challenger it is smiley
Re: Ford Mustang 5.0 GT Vs Dodge Challenger SRT 6.1 Hemi - Who's Your Winner? by mammanbawa: 7:45am On Dec 20, 2017
albacete:
What about the 2012 cls 63 amg?
550 hp, 6.3L V8

I wanna see that
The mercedes cls is not a muscle car but a fastback coupe. Proper competition is the Audi rs7.
Re: Ford Mustang 5.0 GT Vs Dodge Challenger SRT 6.1 Hemi - Who's Your Winner? by godofuck231: 7:49am On Dec 20, 2017
autojosh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqZ24m1d_yU

The Ford Mustang and the Dodge Challenger are among the longest living muscle cars that are still on the market till date. They are both American 2 door cars that have always gone head to head. Now, Motion Town is putting both cars on the track at Eko Atlantic City for a drag race. Let's see who will take the lead with 2 ultimate drivers behind the wheels. 

So seat tight, fasten your seatbelts and let's go on a hot pursuit. The car in the rearview mirror will be the police 

Before your final verdict, check out the statistics of both vehicles below: 

https://autojosh.com/ford-mustang-gt-vs-dodge-challenger-srt-pick/

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Seun

U see just like love making, she likes the challenger
Re: Ford Mustang 5.0 GT Vs Dodge Challenger SRT 6.1 Hemi - Who's Your Winner? by albacete(m): 7:51am On Dec 20, 2017
mammanbawa:

The mercedes cls is not a muscle car but a fastback coupe. Proper competition is the Audi rs7.

OK. But they are all speed monsters.

Audi rs7 or Audi s8?
Re: Ford Mustang 5.0 GT Vs Dodge Challenger SRT 6.1 Hemi - Who's Your Winner? by mammanbawa: 7:59am On Dec 20, 2017
albacete:

OK. But they are all speed monsters.

Audi rs7 or Audi s8?
S8 is a full size luxury performance sedan just like the mercedes sonderklasse amg.
Cars of the same stats should be compared not just cars with big engines. You can't compare the srt charger and the jeep trackhawk cos they harbour the same power plant you grab?
Re: Ford Mustang 5.0 GT Vs Dodge Challenger SRT 6.1 Hemi - Who's Your Winner? by eroticecstasy: 8:01am On Dec 20, 2017
this is crab, why not use the same year and watch how the Challenger will knock-out the ford?
Re: Ford Mustang 5.0 GT Vs Dodge Challenger SRT 6.1 Hemi - Who's Your Winner? by piippa(m): 8:04am On Dec 20, 2017
Race aside, That Dodge Challenger caused commotion in Port Harcourt oooo......in fact crowd follow the car like say big politician show....I must buy that car even if na Used one
Re: Ford Mustang 5.0 GT Vs Dodge Challenger SRT 6.1 Hemi - Who's Your Winner? by magicminister: 8:08am On Dec 20, 2017
Very poorly produced video.

Next time, Make sure you

1- Get an outside shot of the race and when the winning car crosses the flag.
2- possibly get a drone camera to give a better shot angle
3- More indepth review of the cars racing against each other... Just have a quick written description POP up on the screen. E.g. ford Mustang; 0-60 in 5 seconds, v8.

Best of luck in your endeavours.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Solar-powered Cars For Nigerians By 2018 / Things I Consider Before Boarding A Lagos Bus! / Tinted Glass: Is Police Permit Legally Required In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.