Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:04 AM

Wrong Engine Oil Spec Epidemic. - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Wrong Engine Oil Spec Epidemic. (4561 Views)

Lets Be Practical With Engine Oil Spec / Best 20W50 Engine Oil / Reasons You Always Have Engine Oil Shortage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wrong Engine Oil Spec Epidemic. by kingreign(m): 11:11am On Dec 24, 2017
helpishere:
Kia Motors uses mineral oil on the Cerato 2014. Elizade uses 20w50 oil on 18m 2016 Toyota Corolla and no one is concerned or talking about it. Someone is using Cepsa 20w50 to service range rovers in lekki and he claimed that it is the best oil. All these Lekki mechanics, it is time to teach them basics in auto maintenance.
lipsrsealed
Re: Wrong Engine Oil Spec Epidemic. by jimmyneut: 5:07pm On Dec 24, 2017
Hmmmmm.....But the manufacturer's spec for the Cerato is either 5w-20 or 5w-30 oil...the problem with using the wrong oil is plain and simple, oil starvation to tightly machined parts within your engine which the wrong oil spec won't get to due to it's viscosity..the flow to those areas wud be significantly affected and there wud be increase in friction, wear, heat generation and engine not working at optimum performance.
It pays to use the right oil spec... might be expensive but the gains outweighs the cost.

helpishere:
Kia Motors uses mineral oil on the Cerato 2014. Elizade uses 20w50 oil on 18m 2016 Toyota Corolla and no one is concerned or talking about it. Someone is using Cepsa 20w50 to service range rovers in lekki and he claimed that it is the best oil. All these Lekki mechanics, it is time to teach them basics in auto maintenance.
Re: Wrong Engine Oil Spec Epidemic. by helpishere(m): 8:41pm On Dec 24, 2017
I saw the receipt for the service. It was 64000 with injector service, carburettor cleaner to clean the nozzles, unless the nozzles for the 2014 kia Cerato are not electronic, I believe that the should have used electronic cleaner instead of carburettor cleaner. They are protecting the injectors while destroying the engine
Re: Wrong Engine Oil Spec Epidemic. by pannyman(m): 10:09pm On Dec 24, 2017
As a car owner, you need to be knowledgeable about your car and then shine your eye �‍� while they change your oil. If you think you're too busy to spend a few minutes with the mechanic you might pay a heavy price later.
Re: Wrong Engine Oil Spec Epidemic. by kingreign(m): 6:42am On Dec 25, 2017
helpishere:
I saw the receipt for the service. It was 64000 with injector service, carburettor cleaner to clean the nozzles, unless the nozzles for the 2014 kia Cerato are not electronic, I believe that the should have used electronic cleaner instead of carburettor cleaner. They are protecting the injectors while destroying the engine

Read this thru...

1 Like

Re: Wrong Engine Oil Spec Epidemic. by obekediamondfuto(m): 6:58am On Dec 25, 2017
kingreign:

Read this thru...
bros I'm lost, what car did they work on?
Re: Wrong Engine Oil Spec Epidemic. by kingreign(m): 7:07am On Dec 25, 2017
obekediamondfuto:

bros I'm lost, what car did they work on?
2009 corolla. The reason why it went in for repairs was ABS wheel speed cable and ball joints only.
But the so called "reputable" company didn't even fix it. They went to start listing other things which wasn't even bad in the car. They claimed the bodywork, fuel system, interior etc of the car was bad. angry
The irony is the car was bought brand new from them...

Re: Wrong Engine Oil Spec Epidemic. by helpishere(m): 9:14am On Dec 25, 2017
Imagine. The air filter is double the price of the engine oil. That is Elizade. They did the same for someone. 2.5m for toyota corolla and the car came out worse. Ulphostery is even higher. That price will fix 4 corolla's roofs. They need to be exposed. Lets picket the franchised dealers and the lubricant companies this new year. Enough is enough.
My friend that owns a 2010 range sport said if his mechanic present a bill for him, he will burn the garage. That he has never spent 10% of that bill on his car. God is in control. They will all be exposed. We need more of these fraudulent bills. I also know about Weststar garages and how they fleece their customers.
Re: Wrong Engine Oil Spec Epidemic. by pannyman(m): 6:22pm On Dec 25, 2017
helpishere:
Imagine. The air filter is double the price of the engine oil. That is Elizade. They did the same for someone. 2.5m for toyota corolla and the car came out worse. Ulphostery is even higher. That price will fix 4 corolla's roofs. They need to be exposed. Lets picket the franchised dealers and the lubricant companies this new year. Enough is enough.
My friend that owns a 2010 range sport said if his mechanic present a bill for him, he will burn the garage. That he has never spent 10% of that bill on his car. God is in control. They will all be exposed. We need more of these fraudulent bills. I also know about Weststar garages and how they fleece their customers.

5k for the engine oil. Definitely a 20W50. Ac filter (cabin air filter) for 16k. Wonderful.
Re: Wrong Engine Oil Spec Epidemic. by kingreign(m): 7:50pm On Dec 25, 2017
Front shock absorber 165k, fuel suction 245k.

Question now is, what is 'fuel suction'? grinlipsrsealed embarassedundecided
pannyman:

5k for the engine oil. Definitely a 20W50. Ac filter (cabin air filter) for 16k. Wonderful.

1 Like

Re: Wrong Engine Oil Spec Epidemic. by helpishere(m): 9:17pm On Dec 25, 2017
kingreign:
Front shock absorber 165k, fuel suction 245k.

Question now is, what is 'fuel suction'? grinlipsrsealed embarassedundecided
That sunction na the Latin name for salary for the workshop manager

2 Likes

Re: Wrong Engine Oil Spec Epidemic. by erico2k2(m): 11:38pm On Dec 25, 2017
helpishere:

That sunction na the Latin name for salary for the workshop manager
grin grin
Re: Wrong Engine Oil Spec Epidemic. by obekediamondfuto(m): 2:24am On Dec 26, 2017
kingreign:

2009 corolla. The reason why it went in for repairs was ABS wheel speed cable and ball joints only.
But the so called "reputable" company didn't even fix it. They went to start listing other things which wasn't even bad in the car. They claimed the bodywork, fuel system, interior etc of the car was bad. angry
The irony is the car was bought brand new from them...

well packaged theft, that's what's moving market in naija! and some customers dont even bother to check those things, they just pay and go. it's really disturbing
Re: Wrong Engine Oil Spec Epidemic. by chukel(m): 5:18am On Dec 26, 2017
bravolad:

This is absolutely wrong. This oil quality degrades at a sustained high speed thereby offering less lubrication to the engine and cause a huge amount of sludge deposit.

The long time effect is a grudually weakened engine.
this is why engines will be used for 10yrs abroad and still in mint condition when they are brought here. But 2yrs after use in Nigeria, they are looking at an engine change. Some will say all sorts of rubbish.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz C240 4matic 2004model Versus Honda Accord 2008model / Advantages Of Diesel Cars / Toyota Avalon 2003 Or EOD 2003

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.