Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,142 members, 7,815,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:22 AM

Advantages Of Diesel Cars - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Advantages Of Diesel Cars (4567 Views)

Bosch Announces Breakthrough Technology That Could Save Diesel Cars / These Are The 4 Easy Ways To Distinguish Diesel Cars From Petrol Cars / BMW Recalls 11,700 Diesel Cars After Installing Wrong Engine Software (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advantages Of Diesel Cars by erico2k2(m): 1:09pm On Aug 27, 2019
Better fuel Economy
Efficient and Dense fuel
Never need ignition tune up
More life span
More torque
Service is less frequent
Great resale value
More life span,

feel free to add urs or argue
Re: Advantages Of Diesel Cars by weyreypey: 10:23am On Aug 28, 2019
antagonist:
rubbish post by a blockhead

this is outright rude and unneeded

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advantages Of Diesel Cars by weyreypey: 10:25am On Aug 28, 2019
I was fiddling with this idea some moons back....but the comparative cost of diesel vs PMS put me off, petrol is cheaper for an average joe in nija

erico2k2:
Better fuel Economy
Efficient and Dense fuel
Never need ignition tune up
More life span
More torque
Service is less frequent
Great resale value
More life span,

feel free to add urs or argue

1 Like

Re: Advantages Of Diesel Cars by erico2k2(m): 10:42am On Aug 28, 2019
weyreypey:
I was fiddling with this idea some moons back....but the comparative cost of diesel vs PMS put me off, petrol is cheaper for an average joe in nija

But for the MPG Diesel gives, it pays off,I found this with the RRS, the Mrs uses a Jeep which has 3.7 Engine Cap. and the RRS is 3.0litr Cap, the weight of the RRS is almost 3 tone, the jeep is less than 2tone. Jeep petrol a week 20k, RRs in a week 12k.

1 Like

Re: Advantages Of Diesel Cars by erico2k2(m): 10:43am On Aug 28, 2019
weyreypey:

this is outright rude and unneeded
This was why I ignored him

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Advantages Of Diesel Cars by nurey(m): 10:49am On Aug 28, 2019
weyreypey:

A 3.0L V6 Audi A6 has a close fuel mpg to a 2.4L i4 Toyota camry

2 Likes

Re: Advantages Of Diesel Cars by weyreypey: 6:18pm On Aug 28, 2019
erico2k2:

But for the MPG Diesel gives, it pays off,I found this with the RRS, the Mrs uses a Jeep which has 3.7 Engine Cap. and the RRS is 3.0litr Cap, the weight of the RRS is almost 3 tone, the jeep is less than 2tone. Jeep petrol a week 20k, RRs in a week 12k.
Let's compare the 2001 W210 E320 diesel engine and petrol engine.
Re: Advantages Of Diesel Cars by weyreypey: 9:35pm On Aug 28, 2019
Demolaeby:

I want to help Diesel engine owners with Diesel Exhaust Fluid. Are you sure you have driven any Diesel millennium car? If yes, you will understand the importance of Exhaust Fluid
you should have at least contributed to the topic and probably enlightened us about diesel powered cars in Nigeria

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Advantages Of Diesel Cars by erico2k2(m): 11:06pm On Aug 28, 2019
weyreypey:

Let's compare the 2001 W210 E320 diesel engine and petrol engine.
whats the Engine capacity?
Re: Advantages Of Diesel Cars by erico2k2(m): 11:07pm On Aug 28, 2019
nurey:

A 3.0L V6 Audi A6 has a close fuel mpg to a 2.4L i4 Toyota camry
Nah I would say a 2ltre camry.
Re: Advantages Of Diesel Cars by erico2k2(m): 11:09pm On Aug 28, 2019
Demolaeby:
Get your Diesel Exhaust Fluid Adblue from us today.
Call 08068825033
I hope you know the kind of cars that uses ADBLUE ??
Re: Advantages Of Diesel Cars by 9icetoo(m): 9:32am On Aug 29, 2019
weyreypey:

If you drive a smaller car, yes it doesn't make sense to think about diesels. However, that is not the case if you own a v6 or v8 suv. Those are thirsty. Those get better mileage when powered by a diesel engine.
A diesel BMW x5 gets better mpg than its petrol counterparts. And you can drive the diesels hard without regards for mpg as they deliver their power at the lower rev bands.

2 Likes

Re: Advantages Of Diesel Cars by Day169: 5:29pm On Aug 29, 2019
9icetoo:

If you drive a smaller car, yes it doesn't make sense to think about diesels. However, that is not the case if you own a v6 or v8 suv. Those are thirsty. Those get better mileage when powered by a diesel engine.
A diesel BMW x5 gets better mpg than its petrol counterparts. And you can drive the diesels hard without regards for mpg as they deliver their power at the lower rev bands.
You're quite right sir.
Even smaller diesel engine cars too if you cover long distances daily. They come with rugged engines.
Had one about a decade ago and I wouldn't mind getting another.. as a second car though.

1 Like

Re: Advantages Of Diesel Cars by Lexusgs430: 7:27pm On Aug 29, 2019
Demolaeby:

I want to help Diesel engine owners with Diesel Exhaust Fluid. Are you sure you have driven any Diesel millennium car? If yes, you will understand the importance of Exhaust Fluid

And this chip, makes that fluid redundant........

Re: Advantages Of Diesel Cars by erico2k2(m): 7:41pm On Aug 29, 2019
9icetoo:

Depends on what you call a small car, I have got a BMW E90 and its 2ltr Diesel, ie 320D. There are VW gulf with 1.6 Diesel Engines
Re: Advantages Of Diesel Cars by erico2k2(m): 7:42pm On Aug 29, 2019
Lexusgs430:

And this chip, makes that fluid redundant........
THose chips nah scam
Re: Advantages Of Diesel Cars by Lexusgs430: 7:53pm On Aug 29, 2019
erico2k2:

THose chips nah scam

They reset that fraudulent adblue counter shut down ........
Re: Advantages Of Diesel Cars by erico2k2(m): 7:59pm On Aug 29, 2019
Lexusgs430:

They reset that fraudulent adblue counter shut down ........
Even at that, only newer cars use Addblus,
Re: Advantages Of Diesel Cars by Lexusgs430: 8:10pm On Aug 29, 2019
erico2k2:

Even at that, only newer cars use Addblus,

My point was for vehicles with adblue......
Re: Advantages Of Diesel Cars by 9icetoo(m): 11:22am On Aug 30, 2019
erico2k2:

Depends on what you call a small car, I have got a BMW E90 and its 2ltr Diesel, ie 320D. There are VW gulf with 1.6 Diesel Engines
By small car I mean the E90 SNF cars that weigh as such like the corollas and Camry's.
As soon as you go to the big leagues, SUVs and cuvs or even the very heavy sedans like the Lexus LS or BMW 7 series, you are better off with a diesel engine. The petrol engines on these cars are very thirsty.
A friend has the e90 1.8 liter diesel engine. He can cover 900 kilometers on one tank and he has a heavy foot.
Bimmer has some very nice diesel engines.

2 Likes

Re: Advantages Of Diesel Cars by erico2k2(m): 6:37pm On Aug 30, 2019
9icetoo:

By small car I mean the E90 SNF cars that weigh as such like the corollas and Camry's.
As soon as you go to the big leagues, SUVs and cuvs or even the very heavy sedans like the Lexus LS or BMW 7 series, you are better off with a diesel engine. The petrol engines on these cars are very thirsty.
A friend has the e90 1.8 liter diesel engine. He can cover 900 kilometers on one tank and he has a heavy foot.
Bimmer has some very nice diesel engines.
yes this is true, car manufacturers like BMW,Audi,Merc are even building smaller and more powerful Engines in Diesel fuel
Re: Advantages Of Diesel Cars by uboma(m): 2:22am On Aug 31, 2019
weyreypey:

The rate at which Diesel burns is slower than PMS.

A full tank of PMS will burn faster than a car with a full tank of Diesel covering same distance.
Re: Advantages Of Diesel Cars by uboma(m): 2:24am On Aug 31, 2019
erico2k2:

yes this is true, car manufacturers like BMW,Audi,Merc are even building smaller and more powerful Engines in Diesel fuel

Toyota also builds rugged Diesel engines. I have driven their Hilux and LandCruisers and the fuel economy is superb as opposed to same vehicles using PMS.
Re: Advantages Of Diesel Cars by uboma(m): 2:27am On Aug 31, 2019
We have a few competent technical hands to fix Diesel powered engines hence the low patronage of Diesel powered cars here in Nigeria.

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Volvo S80 Is Consuming Fuel At A High Rate / How To Register A Nigerian Used Car! / 10 Most Expensive Bikes In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.