Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,426 members, 7,815,961 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:13 PM

How To Recharge Generator Batteries? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How To Recharge Generator Batteries? (1675 Views)

All-electric Cars Can Now Swap Dead Batteries With A Fully Charged One / Daimler To Buy ₦8.3 trillion Worth Of Batteries To Power Its Electric Vehicles / Step-by-step Instructions To Recharge Your Car A/C System (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Recharge Generator Batteries? by Xionez(m): 1:33pm On Dec 19, 2017
My generator battery was low yesterday and had to start it manually.
I read in its booklet that the batteries can be recharged so i did all the connection as stated in the books.
But, 8 hours later, it seems like it didn't charge as it could not start the gen when i tried to use it this morning. I had to start the gen manually again.

Mind you, this is not the first time i the battery has quit on me. I just purchase another to replace it. But this cannot go on. The generator should be recharging the battery using the same technique a car uses...only with a smaller alternator. Its a big gen for crying out loud.

Is it actually possible to charge these batteries.
If yes, what is the right way to do it and how long will the charging time last?

Thanks!

Oga Marpol, please move this to the appropriate section if need be. I did not know which section will be most appropriate. Also if possible, boost to front page as it seems like most people are also at loss.
Re: How To Recharge Generator Batteries? by Lovetinz(m): 2:24pm On Dec 19, 2017
Would have been nice if you also stated the amps, type and make of both batteries,
Don't you think?

1 Like

Re: How To Recharge Generator Batteries? by Xionez(m): 12:29am On Dec 20, 2017
Lovetinz:
Would have been nice if you also stated the amps, type and make of both batteries,
Don't you think?
Okay.
Ratings for the gen:
Voltage: 230V
Freq: 50Hz
Output: 5kw (rated), 5.5kw (max)
DC Voltage: 12v
DC Current: 8.3A

On the battery, "BS 7Ah" is written on top with some warnings on the sides. Same for the original "follow come" batteries.

(1) (Reply)

The 2020 Toyota Alphard Executive Lounge Now In Nigeria / In Need Of A Vehicle To Buy / Did I Get Cheated Or Did I Do Ok. So Here Are The Services I Did To My Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.