Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,079 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:56 AM

Did I Get Cheated Or Did I Do Ok. So Here Are The Services I Did To My Car - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Did I Get Cheated Or Did I Do Ok. So Here Are The Services I Did To My Car (1672 Views)

See What A Mechanic Did To A Customer's Lexus SUV (pics/video) / See What Corrola Hunters Did To My Car / See What This Guy Did To His Toyota Camry Pencil Light (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did I Get Cheated Or Did I Do Ok. So Here Are The Services I Did To My Car by orunmila144: 11:46am On Jan 12, 2020
ITS A 2012 TOYOTA AVENSIS

1-CHANGE OIL ( SYNTHETIC )
2-OIL FILTER CHANGE
3-AIR FILTER CHANGE
4- ALL THE 4 SPARK PLUGS CHANGED
5-FREON IN AC UNIT TOPPED UP

SO ALL THIS IN LABOR AND PARTS CAME TO 47,000 NAIRA. DID I DO GOOD OR DID I GET RIPPED OFF ?

1 Like

Re: Did I Get Cheated Or Did I Do Ok. So Here Are The Services I Did To My Car by KINGreignn: 11:54am On Jan 12, 2020
orunmila144:

2-OIL FILTER CHANGE
3-AIR FILTER CHANGE

SO ALL THIS IN LABOR AND PARTS CAME TO 47,000 NAIRA. DID I DO GOOD OR DID I GET RIPPED OFF ?

Genuine parts are expensive. Good quality service don't come cheap either.
To fully understand better, pls give a break down of the price of each item and labour.

2 Likes

Re: Did I Get Cheated Or Did I Do Ok. So Here Are The Services I Did To My Car by orunmila144: 12:02pm On Jan 12, 2020
KINGreignn:

Genuine parts are expensive. Good quality service don't come cheap either.
To fully understand better, pls give a break down of the price of each item and labour.
AHHH THANKS OGA

SPARK PLUGS IS 3000 EACH SO TOTAL IS 12000
FREON IS 2500
AIR FILTER 5000
SYNTHETIC OIL 17,000
OIL FILTER 3500
LABOR 7000
Re: Did I Get Cheated Or Did I Do Ok. So Here Are The Services I Did To My Car by ITbomb(m): 12:30pm On Jan 12, 2020
Those are normal prices but there are cheaper options mechanic uses, so if you know the details or brand, you can have a more precise analysis but then

SPARK PLUGS IS 3000
I have seen Toyota plugs 1k each

FREON IS 2500
1 tin should be 1500 (unless dem don close border grin )

AIR FILTER 5000
lipsrsealed I no wan separate fight

SYNTHETIC OIL 17,000
Depends on the brand

OIL FILTER 3500
grin

LABOR 7000
cool

Let it go, as long as your car is in good shape for at least next 3 months
Re: Did I Get Cheated Or Did I Do Ok. So Here Are The Services I Did To My Car by tensazangetsu20(m): 12:37pm On Jan 12, 2020
ITbomb:
Those are normal prices but there are cheaper options mechanic uses, so if you know the details or brand, you can have a more precise analysis but then

SPARK PLUGS IS 3000

FREON IS 2500

AIR FILTER 5000

SYNTHETIC OIL 17,000
Depends on the brand

OIL FILTER 3500
grin

LABOR 7000
cool

You can't get any genuine plugs for the price except you wanna use tokunbo plugs.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did I Get Cheated Or Did I Do Ok. So Here Are The Services I Did To My Car by orunmila144: 12:53pm On Jan 12, 2020
ITbomb:

SPARK PLUGS IS 3000

FREON IS 2500

AIR FILTER 5000

SYNTHETIC OIL 17,000
Depends on the brand

OIL FILTER 3500
grin

LABOR 7000
cool

I MAY HAVE BEEN CHEATED BUT I DONT THINK I GOT CHEATED TOO MUCH, IS WHAT I AM GETTING AT. AM I CORRECT IN SAYING THAT ? HOW MUCH WOULD YOU HAVE PAID FOR EVERYTHING I DID INCLUDING PARTS AND LABOR ?
Re: Did I Get Cheated Or Did I Do Ok. So Here Are The Services I Did To My Car by orunmila144: 12:55pm On Jan 12, 2020
tensazangetsu20:

You can't get any genuine plugs for the price except you wanna use tokunbo plugs.
YEAH THE SPARK PLUGS THE GUYS USED FOR ME WAS THE EXACT ONE THAT THE CAR CAME WITH. AND THEY WERE ALL BRAND NEW IN BOX. SO YEAH I DONT THINK THAT 1K IS A FEASIBLE PRICE TO GET IT
Re: Did I Get Cheated Or Did I Do Ok. So Here Are The Services I Did To My Car by KINGreignn: 12:59pm On Jan 12, 2020
orunmila144:
I MAY HAVE BEEN CHEATED BUT I DONT THINK I GOT CHEATED TOO MUCH, IS WHAT I AM GETTING AT. AM I CORRECT IN SAYING THAT ? HOW MUCH WOULD YOU HAVE PAID FOR EVERYTHING I DID INCLUDING PARTS AND LABOR ?
You were NOT cheated.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did I Get Cheated Or Did I Do Ok. So Here Are The Services I Did To My Car by KINGreignn: 1:03pm On Jan 12, 2020
ITbomb:

SPARK PLUGS IS 3000
Chinko plugs

FREON IS 2500
1 tin should be 1500 (unless dem don close border grin ) chap or other low quality gas, Harp is around 5,000, jansen's gas is about similar price. Genuine gas for cars aren't cheap

AIR FILTER 5000
lipsrsealed[b] I no wan separate fight[/b] Depending on location, source and brand of filter. 3-5k

SYNTHETIC OIL 17,000
Depends on the brand

OIL FILTER 3500
;Ddepending on quality and type

LABOR 7000
cool

You were NOT cheated orunmila144

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did I Get Cheated Or Did I Do Ok. So Here Are The Services I Did To My Car by orunmila144: 1:04pm On Jan 12, 2020
KINGreignn:

THANK YOU VERY MUCH SIR. YOUR INPUT IS GREATLY APPRECIATED

2 Likes

Re: Did I Get Cheated Or Did I Do Ok. So Here Are The Services I Did To My Car by ITbomb(m): 1:08pm On Jan 12, 2020
orunmila144:
What I wrote there are the cheaper options but if you are sure of the quality, it's okay.

Just last week I bought hyundai AC compressor for 35k, still not ice chilling but I can't complain. The previous one had a leakage
Re: Did I Get Cheated Or Did I Do Ok. So Here Are The Services I Did To My Car by orunmila144: 1:13pm On Jan 12, 2020
ITbomb:

What I wrote there are the cheaper options but if you are sure of the quality, it's okay.

Just last week I bought hyundai AC compressor for 35k, still not ice chilling but I can't complain. The previous one had a leakage
I AM SURE OF THE QUALITY. I RATHER NOT GO FOR THE CHEAPER OPTIONS .FOR EXAMPLE THE GUY TOLD ME CHEAP AC GAS SPOILS THE CONDENSER. WOW 35K FOR AC COMPRESSOR FOR HYUNDAI ? THAT SOUNDS EXTREMELY EXPENSIVE. EVEN MERCEDES BENZ AC COMPRESSOR IS 20,000 AND BMW IS 12,000. YOU SPENT 35000 AND IT IS STILL NOT WORKING WELL ? LORD HELP US IN THIS COUNTRY
Re: Did I Get Cheated Or Did I Do Ok. So Here Are The Services I Did To My Car by orunmila144: 1:20pm On Jan 12, 2020
KINGreignn:

THE REASON THE GUY TOPPED UP MY FREON IS BECAUSE THERE IS A LEAK IN THE O RING OF THE EXPANSION VALVE OF THE AC UNIT. AND THIS IS CAUSING LEAKAGE AND SO AFTER ALL THE FREON LEAKS IT THE AC GOES WEAK AGAIN. NOW TO FIX THIS PROBLEM ONE GUY QUOTED 25,000 AND ANOTHER QUOTED 22,000. ARE THESE REASONABLE PRICES ? THANKS
Re: Did I Get Cheated Or Did I Do Ok. So Here Are The Services I Did To My Car by Goodgod213: 1:26pm On Jan 12, 2020
Oil filter na 3500 not 5k. The 350 still day inside nylon and it’s new one. Then chop you Of at least 10k sha. So since it doesn’t matter weda then cheat you or not let’s close this thread already
Re: Did I Get Cheated Or Did I Do Ok. So Here Are The Services I Did To My Car by orunmila144: 1:31pm On Jan 12, 2020
Goodgod213:
Oil filter na 3500 not 5k. The 350 still day inside nylon and it’s new one. Then chop you Of at least 10k sha. So since it doesn’t matter weda then cheat you or not let’s close this thread already
i can live with 10k choppinng because the car drives now like it is brand new when before it felt like it was struggling. and the AC is chillinnnnnnnnnnn lmao whereas before the AC was very weak. so i can live with 10k cheating. mechanic must eat too.

5 Likes

Re: Did I Get Cheated Or Did I Do Ok. So Here Are The Services I Did To My Car by Goodgod213: 1:35pm On Jan 12, 2020
orunmila144:
i can live with 10k choppinng because the car drives now like it is brand new when before it felt like it was struggling. and the AC is chillinnnnnnnnnnn lmao whereas before the AC was very weak. so i can leave with 10k cheating. mechanic must eat too.

It’s obvious you can do why create a thread because of 10k ??
Re: Did I Get Cheated Or Did I Do Ok. So Here Are The Services I Did To My Car by orunmila144: 1:38pm On Jan 12, 2020
Goodgod213:

It’s obvious you can do why create a thread because of 10k ??
for future purposes I can knock it down by 10k when next service is due wink

4 Likes

Re: Did I Get Cheated Or Did I Do Ok. So Here Are The Services I Did To My Car by KINGreignn: 1:47pm On Jan 12, 2020
Goodgod213:

Before you destroys someone's reputation investigate properly.
Genuine Purolator or fram or K&N or even genuine Toyota denso filter can go up more than 5,000 depending on quantity imported and location of sales.

Also, the price of parts as well as services differs with location too. So stop tainting ones reputation or business

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did I Get Cheated Or Did I Do Ok. So Here Are The Services I Did To My Car by diportivo: 2:15pm On Jan 12, 2020
KINGreignn:

Genuine Purolator or fram or K&N or even genuine Toyota denso filter can go up more than 5,000 depending on quantity imported and location of sales.

Also, the price of parts as well as services differs with location too. So stop tainting ones reputation or business

Mike

leave ITK people

lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: Did I Get Cheated Or Did I Do Ok. So Here Are The Services I Did To My Car by timifakay(m): 8:22pm On Jan 12, 2020
KINGreignn:

Baba, you get time oh
Re: Did I Get Cheated Or Did I Do Ok. So Here Are The Services I Did To My Car by usifojoshua(m): 10:34pm On Jan 12, 2020
orunmila144:

2-OIL FILTER CHANGE
3-AIR FILTER CHANGE

Re: Did I Get Cheated Or Did I Do Ok. So Here Are The Services I Did To My Car by AgentGoat: 11:32am On Jan 13, 2020
Kazeems are landing to show solidarity... grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Punctured Bottom Plate; Weld Or Replace? / Automatic Gearbox Professional Tech In Abuja. / Police: Medical Report Is Compulsory For Tinted Cars In Nigeria. Is This True?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.