Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,792 members, 7,820,783 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:29 PM

Hoodlums Working With SARS Harass & Extort Money From UNN Students - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Hoodlums Working With SARS Harass & Extort Money From UNN Students (486 Views)

My Elder Sister Is Working With Criminals To Extort Money From My Company / Man Who Dressed Like A Lady To Extort Money From Guys, Caught & Stripped(Photos) / Armed Robbers Nabbed After Shootout With SARS Operatives In Bayelsa. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Hoodlums Working With SARS Harass & Extort Money From UNN Students by swayflow: 6:15pm On Dec 19, 2017
Good afternoon Great Nigerians, so recently in the University of Nigeria Nsukka. A group of people came together to impose tax on the students living off-campus in hilltop area. They call themselves "hilltop security". They have no proof of who appointed them and they say they are working with SARS. Recently they invaded rooms of students, and took their belongings because of lateness to pay this illegal fee.

I went to their so called office, and the secretary said they were appointed by the governor of Enugu state Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi. Please I what to know if this is true, if he also told them to harass and extort money from students. Most of my friends have runaway because they can’t just give away money like that, and are not willing to see what this hilltop security would do to them if they don’t pay.

I think the group announced themselves early this year, saying everyone should pay N100 to their bank account every month, I guess nobody did, so now they really need that Christmas money and are forcing it out of students.
The secretary said the payment won’t be monthly anymore, but yearly, and also said that my payment today will expire in April. That’s 4 months from now, and I paid for a year. Something is wrong somewhere! Video attached showing some seats taken from the homes of students and the audio has been edited to hide my name and room details.

Someone should please inform the necessary authorities about this illegal act going on in Hilltop, University of Nigeria Nsukka. Our conversation is below:
Me: Please eh, is this where the hilltop security uhmm…this is it?
*sits down on one of the seized chairs*
you are the secretary?
Secretary: Yes.
Me: Good afternoon.
Secretary: Good afternoon.
Me: So I hear we are supposed to pay N1300, uh yearly.
Secretary: Yes, depends on the time you started living here.
Me: depends on the time, so someone like me that have been here for four years how much am I paying.
Secretary: You will start from April.
Me: April? So I will pay now abi I will wait till next year April?
Secretary: You will pay now, when that one expires you will pay another one.
Me: so I will give you…. You would write name, receipt or…
Secretary: Yes, I would give you receipt…which lodge?
Me: ******** Number **
I heard they came and carried somethings from my friend’s room, is that how they used to do? (Me trying to confirm that they actually took things from people’s rooms for not paying the money)
Secretary: Your friends room? Which day?
Me: I don’t know, it’s just gist that I heard.
Secretary: What did they carry?
Me: I don’t know, I heard they carried his property because …
Secretary: Are you living with him?
Me: No.
Secretary: Ehen if they come and they met you and you didn’t pay, they will collect one of your thing, that would make you to pay, you see all these seats, they collected it from a student.
Me: It’s not fair na?
Secretary: Why? Ke ihe mere odiro fair *what makes it not fair*
Me: If you are living here and they came and carried your seat?
Secretary: ehn its either I pay or they’ll take my seat from me.
Me: who commissioned the hilltop security? A group of Nsukka people?
Secretary: No it was commissioned by eh…
Me: It’s illegal, hilltop security is very illegal
Secretary: *She starts to stammer*
Me: It is very illegal because they formed themselves and came here.
Secretary: It’s not true!
Me: Is there any proof, you people should hang proof somewhere and say so so so people, like Nigerian police they have their proof that the government commissioned them to act, but this one just… I came back from home and I started hearing hilltop security, they will carry your seat, they will carry your this, they will carry your that, if you don’t pay. You know, I am a calm person I don’t like problems but… so that’s why I am here, you know. Since you people are now enforcing the law.
Secretary: We are not enforcing the law, its eh ifeanyi, the governor of enugu state that commissioned…not only hilltop, each village has their own security.
Me: Issokay.
Secretary: And they are working with police…and SARS. If they catch a hardened criminal, they would hand it over to the SARS.
Me: Issorite.
*she starts filling in my receipt*
Secretary: Did they seize any of your thing?
Me: No.
Secretary: Then you would pay N1200, if any of your thing was seized, that is N1300.
Me: So, the next time I am paying is April?
Secretary: It will start from April next year.
Me: And be paying monthly abi yearly?
Secretary: Its either you pay yearly, as of next year or you pay half of the year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrsCrgmkL_U
Re: Hoodlums Working With SARS Harass & Extort Money From UNN Students by thedondada(m): 6:28pm On Dec 19, 2017
Chaiii.
Nigerian students hostel area in town.

Dem never born dem well. In my time. Make some riff raff enter my room to collect deve.

Thunder kill you straight. Dem never born who fit do am. Your area guys are Bleep ups

Great uniben!!!!

Great
Re: Hoodlums Working With SARS Harass & Extort Money From UNN Students by pacino26(m): 10:02pm On Dec 19, 2017
SARS is the new GOVERNMENT! What is synonymous with both of them is that you can't place your hands on government or SARS! I think the next definition of fathom in Nigeria is SARS or government.

There was a country indeed. Double taxation and exploitation of the common man.

(1) (Reply)

Four Brothers Kill Grandma For Blood Money / [BREAKING] Benue Youths, Police In A Shoot-out / Nigerian Man Convicted In The US For Stabbing Fiancee To Death (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.