Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,007 members, 7,838,526 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:37 AM

Stares And Silent Judgment - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Stares And Silent Judgment (503 Views)

Adam Nuru Paternity Scandal: FCMB Silent On Probe 70 Days Since Investigation / Lady Vows Not To Put A Call On Silent As She Lost Her Sister (Pics) / Judgment Is Your Language (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Stares And Silent Judgment by Stocktonmac: 3:36pm On Dec 20, 2017
(The thoughts of a white man on how to cope with the stares interracial couples are commonly subjected to)

I really don’t notice when people are staring, because it doesn’t bother me that they do. They are the ones who have the deep emotional problems when they see me with you. If I let everybody who stared bother me, I’d be a nervous wreck.

People will find a way to judge you no matter what. Whenever you don’t do exactly what everybody else is doing or what they want you to do, they judge you. They think that their way is the only way, and anybody who doesn’t do what they want is wrong. If you only aim to please others, you will never be your own person and accomplish the things in life that you want to. Instead, you will accomplish what they want you to accomplish, and then who would you be?

Inside, I feel more complete than they do, because I’ve learned to see the inner beauty of other people instead of just a few characteristics of what they look like on the outside. Take everybody’s skin off, turn them all green, and how would you be able to tell where they came from or what ethnic background they have?

I feel that when I look at you, I see past all the outside physical features, and see within your soul. I see you for who you are instead of just what your hair looks like or skin color, or what you wear or how you talk.

The problem with most people is that they feel insecure about themselves. They get bothered by what others are doing because they don’t have the courage to try the same thing due to being too worried about what others will think of them. They don’t feel wanted, loved, or that they fit in, so they need validation from others. In order to feel like they are important, they need to fit in and be popular by doing what others want them to do. They dress a certain way, act a certain way, talk a certain way just to get people to like them.

Others find out that you aren’t affected by their nonsense and they realize that you are more advanced than them on an emotional and spiritual level. You are at peace with who you are and the world around you. Life is too short to be worrying about things that you can’t change such as people’s hatred, insecurities and emotional problems.

by Dan • Loveawake Member

Re: Stares And Silent Judgment by Nobody: 10:26am On Dec 21, 2017
Uncoordinated post.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

8 Things To Remember Urgently About The Month Of January / Looking For My Friend: Mfon Akpan / Its An Epistle But Its A Tribute To All Dads Out There

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.