Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,469 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:07 AM

Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? (10909 Views)

Poll: If a woman secretly takes her husband's money without his knowledge or permission, is it stealing?

Yes: 78% (82 votes)
No: 21% (23 votes)
This poll has ended

Uk-based Wife Disrupts Wedding Between Her Husband & New Wife - pics / 10 Things Every Pregnant Wife Needs From Her Husband / See What This Wife Did To Her Husband(pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? by egetz(m): 3:13pm On Feb 27, 2007
I hope she does not get to read this.

But really, when your wife sneaks behind your back, picks a few naira notes from your pocket and keeps mum like nothing never happened. Somehow you find out and confronts her only for her to tell you that what money did you think you have that is not mine?

Really? Can a woman steal from her husband?
Re: Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? by LilRed1(f): 6:56pm On Feb 27, 2007
well if she stole from you then she's a theif but on a serious note that's very sad becauese she's supposed to be your wife, what ever happened to "love, honor and obey" that's terrible, you should tell her that if she has a problem she needs to admit it to you or you'll leave, i'm sure she'll tell you why after you threaten to lleave her
Re: Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? by goturback(f): 5:04pm On Feb 28, 2007
i take money from my hubby's wallet too(unless there isn't much left there wink and i don't see it as stealing, afterall i spend most of it on the family! So brother, don't make so much fuss 'bout ur wife taking ur money., ;Djust concentrate on making enuf money to satisfy her.May God continue to bless u!
Re: Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? by omoge(f): 5:23pm On Feb 28, 2007
while growing up, i knew my dad do take money from my mother's safe keeping and he will always deny it. but my mother always
laugh it off. ofcourse, we all knew he took those naira notes ummm and mama will just smile after confronting him. they are still together today. my point is that (i don't like it though because you might have planned something to do with that money) don't fuss too much about it and don't see it as stealing.
Re: Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? by egetz(m): 7:00pm On Feb 28, 2007
thanks all,
keep this coming.l am learning insights
Re: Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? by Seun(m): 7:15pm On Feb 28, 2007
Sorry to disappoint the ladies, but I can't live in the same house with a pick-pocket. If I put 5 naira into my pocket today, I expect to find it there next year. Failure of the five naira to stay where I put it will result in big trouble.
Re: Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? by omoge(f): 7:22pm On Feb 28, 2007
wetin you be Seun? tight finger, lol

gotta tease ya a lil sha.
it is good for both to have some lil change in their wallet. maybe ya madam want that change to buy maggi put for soup as the last maggi don finish
, smiley
as for me, i won't be needing to take nothing from his wallet cuz i have enough as i can always swipe my card, hehehe.
Re: Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? by LoverBwoy(m): 7:24pm On Feb 28, 2007
I don't mind aslong as she tells me she took it, don't care what she used it for. I dont like looking for something thats not lost!
Re: Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? by Seun(m): 7:36pm On Feb 28, 2007
I don't mind aslong as she tells me she took it, I don't like looking for something thats not lost!
I reluctantly agree with this position, but:

don't care what she used it for.
What if she uses it for something I don't support? That's like forcing me to do something I don't want to do!

i won't be needing to take nothing from his wallet because i have enough as i can always swipe my card
I desperately hope so.

What's most annoying about this practice is being lied to by someone you're supposed to trust with your life.
Re: Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? by progwiz(m): 7:42pm On Feb 28, 2007
i think when the amount is big ,then common sense tells she should tell her husband
but when its just some change it shouldn't be a major concern
Re: Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? by progwiz(m): 7:45pm On Feb 28, 2007
but the aspect of lying is never acceptable
Re: Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? by slander(f): 9:21pm On Feb 28, 2007
it is not
Re: Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? by software(m): 10:03pm On Feb 28, 2007
@Topic

Please lets be frank. A Theif is a Thief. What if the children see her when she is doing that, don't u think the children will see it as a normal thing to do, when they see their dad's Wallet.

I think the wife should be an example to the children, cos they will spend more time with their mum than their dad.and not to teach ow to steal from their dad's wallet.

But if it is something very very Important, then she can go ahead.And as soon as the husband is back, she let him know of it before he asks.

Most women now do this stufff alot. It is Pure Stealing grin
Re: Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? by waffistyle(m): 10:24pm On Feb 28, 2007
you and your wife are one flesh, never you allow money or material things come inbetween you and your wife, everything you have is hers, your concern should be more of her been prudent, and maybe advise her that if it is not an urgent matter, it is best she informs you first, since she might not be sure of the plans you have for the money.

my best car for instance is driven by my wife,i am happy, i drive the older and smaller one, she is my wife, that is why i am her husband, every thing i have is for us, and she controls the better half of it, she does not neccessary need to take permission from me to use, or take anything that is mine, i also trust her sense of judgement, i have no fears in those issues at all,
Re: Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? by swing: 11:37pm On Feb 28, 2007
maybe undecided
Re: Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? by Nobody: 1:34am On Mar 01, 2007
You men should please lighten up!!.
It is not stealing as long as the wife does not deny it when asked.
At marriage the husband and wife become one.
How can I steal from myself?
What I have is his and his are mine.

waffistyle:

you and your wife are one flesh, never you allow money or material things come inbetween you and your wife, everything you have is hers, your concern should be more of her been prudent, and maybe advise her that if it is not an urgent matter, it is best she informs you first, since she might not be sure of the plans you have for the money.

my best car for instance is driven by my wife,i am happy, i drive the older and smaller one, she is my wife, that is why i am her husband, every thing i have is for us and she controls the better half of it, she does not neccessary need to take permission from me to use, or take anything that is mine, i also trust her sense of judgement, i have no fears in those issues at all,

You are indeed an example of manhood
God bless you abundantly.
I pray that all the ladies get a man as caring as yourself.
let none of my sisters fall into the hands of a man that would be counting his pennies at dawn and at dusk.
We do not need men that will give us 200 naira and expect you to cook Ogbono and okra soup and return change.
Re: Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? by Ndipe(m): 4:00am On Mar 01, 2007
How about letting her husband know that she has taken some money from his pocket? I would be flummoxxed if my wife took money from my wallet, without informing me.
Re: Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? by Aziza(f): 9:11am On Mar 01, 2007
Guys, let us call a spade a spade. Taking something that doesn't belong to you is stealing. Period.

Whatever belongs to a man belongs to his wife, right? How come she has to lie about it and pretend like she doesn't know what happened to the missing money? It means that she knows she should take permission before taking it.

Every couple has a modus operandi when it comes to money. Some people are fluid, some are tight. I think you should sit down with your wife and agree on the kind of system you guys will run in your home. Once you agree that anytime she needs money, she can dig into your pocket and take whatever she wants, without telling you. Then that is fine.

Personally, I don't think I would tolerate my spouse taking anything that belongs to me without my permission. This includes lending out my books and cds, lending out my car, etc. You know marriage is a partnership, so in the strictest sense, business partners tell one another before they make certain moves especially when it affects the other partner's space.
Re: Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? by trendy(f): 9:34am On Mar 01, 2007
Actually it is called taking grin
Re: Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? by trendy(f): 9:43am On Mar 01, 2007
Lemme get religious here grin

the book of Genesis 2:24 says: Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.

How can u steal from urself wink
what is his, is mine cheesy
Re: Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? by DewDrop(f): 10:35am On Mar 01, 2007
She saw the money as her entitlement and she took it, If your marriage was truly based on what is mine is yours, you wouldn't consider it stealing either.

I hope you didnt accuse her of theft?
Why not sit down and talk about the financial aspect of the marriage?

What worked for my inlaws was seperate salary/personal accounts but one joint home account that both put money into monthly so if any expenses come up for the home, they just take it and it must be justifiable. If its for personal purchases and she isnt working, question her why she doesnt feel comfortable enough with her husband to ask for a little extra pocket money? Sorry to say but this issue might be deeper than just money- serious communication breakdown.

Just my opinion
Re: Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? by Durotimi1(m): 10:48am On Mar 01, 2007
People, the way I see it, a woman does not need to take money from her husband without his knowledge. Its a simple matter-'I need so much'; 'okay have it'; or 'I need so much'; 'sorry,Idont have it'. Unless your husband is a cheat, then you need to doubt him.
Re: Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? by trendy(f): 12:33pm On Mar 01, 2007
lol, as for me, me and my husband is one i
his money is mine
and my money is his
unless the couples lacks understanding that is where there is problem
Re: Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? by Goshen360(m): 12:42pm On Mar 01, 2007
hi,

incase she asked u and u didnt give her, then she is right for stealing it cos u are supposed to take care of her. if u tell her u dont have and she found it in ur pocket and takes it, what do u say again? but if she didnt ask, then that's "THIEFING", lol.

thanks
Re: Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? by nike4luv(f): 12:51pm On Mar 01, 2007
i think its still stealing, taking money without the permission of the owner no matter how close the owner is to you, so far you didnt ask for it it is stealing.

it can also be argued that since its your husband, and you are one, its not. but its still stealing. ohun ti o da o da, stealing is stealing
Re: Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? by 1forall: 1:16pm On Mar 01, 2007
Well in my books its unacceptable. People can twist facts and matters here just to suit themselves but I think its a serious matter, thats why he's asking advice here. But, steal from spouse? then keep mum like nothing happened? How can that be justified?
Please lets not forget that the first poster says its a recurring issue o!
Re: Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? by switosman(m): 1:38pm On Mar 01, 2007
this is a case of calling a spade what it is. but circumstances do define otherwise for some folks. in my case, i will not call her a thief on discovering that money is missing but I will let her know that she is setting confusion in the house by doing that. 1. she is messing up my plans. 2. I will not be able to notice early when the children start stealing money from me or her because of the assumption that it could be her.
Re: Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? by twinstaiye(m): 3:12pm On Mar 01, 2007
A wife cannot steal from the husband, whatever way we look at it, it is not stealing. It is only men that hide their finances from their wife that can complain along this line. As for me, my wife can take money from me anytime she wants, with me suspecting or not, where I suspect, and she did not tell me, I do ask her, and she confess taking it. Besides, my wife knew all about my finances, so she does not need to steal from me, because we deliberate on all our finances together, (we however dont maintain joint account).
Re: Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? by lexylady(f): 3:13pm On Mar 01, 2007
YES
Its ok to take a few notes then tell him later "oh honey, i took --- from your wallet"
Keeping mum and not saying anything 2 all, now thats bad, definitely stealing.
Re: Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? by asoderock(m): 3:35pm On Mar 01, 2007
Ok, what is difficult in a woman telling her man before collecting the money, or letting the man be aware even after collecting the money.
It will even help the man to figure out whether he has lost money through some other means
Failure by the wife to tell her husband implies bad intent.
Re: Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? by 1forall: 4:08pm On Mar 01, 2007
Thats well said bro'
Re: Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? by Nobody: 5:02pm On Mar 01, 2007
twinstaiye:

A wife cannot steal from the husband, whatever way we look at it, it is not stealing. It is only men that hide their finances from their wife that can complain along this line. As for me, my wife can take money from me anytime she wants, with me suspecting or not, where I suspect, and she did not tell me, I do ask her, and she confess taking it. Besides, my wife knew all about my finances, so she does not need to steal from me, because we deliberate on all our finances together, (we however don't maintain joint account).

You got it right gbam!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Giving Birth To Your Own Child Is Not A Sacrifice / Marriage Is Meant For Believers Only ! / Should I Be Worried ? See What My Daughter Did (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.