Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,615 members, 7,823,670 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:06 PM

Melanin: Controversial Clarence-shot Video Banned In Kenya - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Melanin: Controversial Clarence-shot Video Banned In Kenya (35727 Views)

’jaye Lo’ : Davido Deletes Controversial Video Amid Backlash / (video) Kizz Daniel - Poko MP4 Download (dir By Clarence Peters) / Korede Bello – Melanin Popping (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Melanin: Controversial Clarence-shot Video Banned In Kenya by Diso60090(m): 8:39am On Dec 24, 2017
safarigirl:
exactly what Kenyans thought.

They didn't ban Beyonce's 7/11 that had girls dancing in panties all through or all those Chris Brown songs with twerking girls, but they ban their own.

Make J zee catch you

Re: Melanin: Controversial Clarence-shot Video Banned In Kenya by Nobody: 8:39am On Dec 24, 2017
No explicit nudity in the video.

The song is very nice. I love it. I see no reason why it should be banned.

2 Likes

Re: Melanin: Controversial Clarence-shot Video Banned In Kenya by maskid(m): 8:44am On Dec 24, 2017
teamsynergy:

the video is a secular videos and the producer and artists reserve the right to model it they way they want within the confines of the law and culture of their of their targeted viewers.... yes nudity sells and has being selling for ages... they country has the right to ban an video but for u to say nudity is not an african thing...hummmm I hope u will condemn the Zulu king when young ladies dance half unclad for him next year

my point exactly, remenber BBA dillish when she visited her namibian tribe? thos folks were half unclad and she joined them. now tell me if dillish was given a camera to do a documentary (a candid one) about them what images will she show? versage and gucci or as-oke and agbada?

i go with your stance too

5 Likes

Re: Melanin: Controversial Clarence-shot Video Banned In Kenya by Vacora(m): 8:45am On Dec 24, 2017
Why do Africans get overly excited by half nudity? undecided
Re: Melanin: Controversial Clarence-shot Video Banned In Kenya by maskid(m): 8:47am On Dec 24, 2017
Vacora:

everyone does, dnt africanize this biko

2 Likes

Re: Melanin: Controversial Clarence-shot Video Banned In Kenya by teamsynergy: 8:51am On Dec 24, 2017
maskid:

my point exactly, remenber BBA dillish when she visited her namibian tribe? thos folks were half unclad and she joined them. now tell me if dillish was given a camera to do a documentary (a candid one) about them what images will she show? versage and gucci or as-oke and agbada?

i go with your stance too

the guy is trying to inject religion to the whole issue and that even makes it a western ideology. Africans have never been known to ashamed of being half unclad... western culture and religion make us what we are today

10 Likes

Re: Melanin: Controversial Clarence-shot Video Banned In Kenya by teamsynergy: 8:52am On Dec 24, 2017
Vacora:

even Arabs love seeing half nude gals.... it's an everybody thing..

1 Like

Re: Melanin: Controversial Clarence-shot Video Banned In Kenya by Vacora(m): 8:53am On Dec 24, 2017
maskid:

everyone does, dnt africanize this biko

Grown people acting like they have never seen the female body. Prudes. The song make sense jare.

1 Like

Re: Melanin: Controversial Clarence-shot Video Banned In Kenya by Nobody: 8:58am On Dec 24, 2017
safarigirl:
funny how you think Africans are some modest people who are always covered when in fact, the idea of wearing clothes was introduced by Westerners

Many African tribes still embrace nuditu till today, case in pont, the Zulu people. So, I don't understand how you assume Africa is a land of anything that has nothing to do with nudity

Do not confuse the teachings of Western religion as African tradition, nudity is not alien to African tradition at all, it has never been

Nobody was all covered up under the heat of sub-saharan Africa
Exellent! point, please tell them!! because nudity has become something Africans frown upon thesedays because of so much brainwashing through the so called Religion.

Ironically the same westerners who introduced religion to Africans are prancing around bare butts!! in their own nations.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Melanin: Controversial Clarence-shot Video Banned In Kenya by tribalistseun: 9:10am On Dec 24, 2017
Abeg can someone help me point out the nudity in this video cos am lost

1 Like

Re: Melanin: Controversial Clarence-shot Video Banned In Kenya by Boss13: 9:29am On Dec 24, 2017
Sanchez01:

It is somehow strange when you exhibit Pan-Africanism one moment and the next you go totally contrary to what you claim you represent.

Melanine, though symbolises the deep dark African skin and pride, but then again, how nudity comes in becomes a wonder.

Perhaps Clarence didn't understand the meaning of the word, perhaps the so-called singer didn't as well. The truth is that Clarence missed this one. It would have made a whole lot of sense to have those ladies clad and modest, which would have reflected the one-time African dignity we held in high esteem rather than set them beside a sea shore like slaves that had been bought.

Videos like this one would make you question your own intellect at some point. 'Melanine' is our pride, and it is not associated with nudity in any way.

Clarence goofed.

Beautifully said! The video is trashy and insulting to women. Most videos are and I wonder if women are comfortable with the way they are being portrayed in musical videos, objectifying themselves to the pleasure of men and wild fantasies of music video producers.

The lyrical content of the music was trying to relate to the beauty of the black skin, but portraying it as trash in its video. I think Clarence needs to re-examine his creativity and concept.

1 Like

Re: Melanin: Controversial Clarence-shot Video Banned In Kenya by Arielle: 9:30am On Dec 24, 2017
safarigirl:
funny how you think Africans are some modest people who are always covered when in fact, the idea of wearing clothes was introduced by Westerners

Many African tribes still embrace nuditu till today, case in pont, the Zulu people. So, I don't understand how you assume Africa is a land of anything that has nothing to do with nudity

Do not confuse the teachings of Western religion as African tradition, nudity is not alien to African tradition at all, it has never been

Thank you Safarigirl. Couldn't have said it better myself.
Re: Melanin: Controversial Clarence-shot Video Banned In Kenya by DMathematical: 9:38am On Dec 24, 2017
Which Africa are you talking about? Nudity is actually deep I our heritage! and there is nothing wrong with that.

Before the advent of modern clothing, women walk around boldly with their full breasts on display with scant leafs as cover for waistline. For men, just forget it, only waist straps were ok. This was true for many African communities.

Our acceptance of christianity, islam, external cultural influences sometimes confuses our sense of history!

Sanchez01:

It is somehow strange when you exhibit Pan-Africanism one moment and the next you go totally contrary to what you claim you represent.

Melanine, though symbolises the deep dark African skin and pride, but then again, how nudity comes in becomes a wonder.

Perhaps Clarence didn't understand the meaning of the word, perhaps the so-called singer didn't as well. The truth is that Clarence missed this one. It would have made a whole lot of sense to have those ladies clad and modest, which would have reflected the one-time African dignity we held in high esteem rather than set them beside a sea shore like slaves that had been bought.

Videos like this one would make you question your own intellect at some point. 'Melanine' is our pride, and it is not associated with nudity in any way.

Clarence goofed.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Melanin: Controversial Clarence-shot Video Banned In Kenya by PresidentT(m): 9:39am On Dec 24, 2017
Excellent submission brother.
This is quiet encouraging considering the pervasiveness that has characterized our youths.
Sanchez01:

Clarence goofed.

1 Like

Re: Melanin: Controversial Clarence-shot Video Banned In Kenya by safarigirl(f): 9:46am On Dec 24, 2017
Sanchez01:

You ended up mixing your points up and left a space open. What we should be asking now is, 'was nudity in vogue as at the time the White man introduced clothing and textile to the black man?'

Yes, Africans realised they were naked when the White men came and they wasted no time in carving a dress sense for themselves which was never truly European. It became our thing and wore it with pride.

In a bid to protest against the colonialists, do you go about naked just because it used to be your thing?

If you were given a camera, a crew and some money to shoot an expository video of your very own people, your kindred, would you ask the ladies to go unclad or perhaps make G-strings out of leaves and and shake from left to right? You get the problem now, yeah?

Social media happened and that it is why nudity spread like wild fire. The desperation for attention, social media likes and compulsive Internet trend forced most people to hate their clothes. But then again, the simple logic comes to play; in a bid to fault whatever the white man did/brought, one's body parts was much revered than any other thing in the past.

That you should about the heritage of your people does not mean you must date it back to the days of Adam and Eve, when they walked about all day without knowing they were naked and unashamed about it.

Sex sells faster than anything in the world today and the same thing goes for nudity.
please, where did I see half naked girls dancing about if not in a docunentary about Africa? Have I been to SA before?

No, but I know that Zulus prance about half naked for their festivals, why? Because it was in a documentary.

However, do you know where I've been and I saw half naked women? In Olumo rock, so, if I'm doing a documentary there, I will tell those ladies to put on tops to portray false modesty?

You people have been brainwashed by white people and their religion, that is your biggest problem here.

Nudity is African, modesty is foreign

10 Likes

Re: Melanin: Controversial Clarence-shot Video Banned In Kenya by Nobody: 9:47am On Dec 24, 2017
Same shady politicians have front rows reserved for them at beauty pageants. Do they close their eyes when the contestants parade in swimsuits. .

Hypocrisy!!

2 Likes

Re: Melanin: Controversial Clarence-shot Video Banned In Kenya by AuroraB(f): 10:02am On Dec 24, 2017
maskid:

Though your argument is rigorous, you left even much more holes. i will address these when i return from church
Fadalawd embarassed grin
Re: Melanin: Controversial Clarence-shot Video Banned In Kenya by Nobody: 10:29am On Dec 24, 2017
safarigirl:
please, where did I see half naked girls dancing about if not in a docunentary about Africa? Have I been to SA before?

No, but I know that Zulus prance about half naked for their festivals, why? Because it was in a documentary.

However, do you know where I've been and I saw half naked women? In Olumo rock, so, if I'm doing a documentary there, I will tell those ladies to put on tops to portray false modesty?

You people have been brainwashed by white people and their religion, that is your biggest problem here.

Nudity is African, modesty is foreign
safarigirl:

there is a difference between nudity and seductive nudity. The nudity of old was due to poverty and lack of clothes. Not because they want to shake their bum or show that they got good skin. Times have changed but the message remains clear. Take these instances and tell me your thoughts: 1. a woman running/walking on unclad on the road and 2. A woman twerking unclad on the road. What comes to mind. It's about what's done and the percerption.
Re: Melanin: Controversial Clarence-shot Video Banned In Kenya by Nobody: 10:35am On Dec 24, 2017
DMathematical:
Which Africa are you talking about? Nudity is actually deep I our heritage! and there is nothing wrong with that.

Before the advent of modern clothing, women walk around boldly with their full breasts on display with scant leafs as cover for waistline. For men, just forget it, only waist straps were ok. This was true for many African communities.

Our acceptance of christianity, islam, external cultural influences sometimes confuses our sense of history!

you were nude due to poverty and not because of some culture! Prosperity translates into civilization the reason for people being clad now.
Re: Melanin: Controversial Clarence-shot Video Banned In Kenya by Nobody: 10:37am On Dec 24, 2017
Boss13:

Beautifully said! The video is trashy and insulting to women. Most videos are and I wonder if women are comfortable with the way they are being portrayed in musical videos, objectifying themselves to the pleasure of men and wild fantasies of music video producers.

The lyrical content of the music was trying to relate to the beauty of the black skin, but portraying it as trash in its video. I think Clarence needs to re-examine his creativity and concept.
Thank you for that adjective. There is a difference between being unclad because of some tradition and being unclad to pass some sexual message!
Re: Melanin: Controversial Clarence-shot Video Banned In Kenya by Nobody: 10:38am On Dec 24, 2017
teamsynergy:

the guy is trying to inject religion to the whole issue and that even makes it a western ideology. Africans have never been known to ashamed of being half unclad... western culture and religion make us what we are today
I am not sure you will be able to rea and write or be using the internet if the western culture and religion wasn't accepted. Have a broad thinking and see things differently!
Re: Melanin: Controversial Clarence-shot Video Banned In Kenya by Nobody: 10:42am On Dec 24, 2017
teamsynergy:

this guy funny o, which one-time Africa dignity is he talking about. the west introduced full sense of covering up to Africa, especially sub-saharan Africans . get your fact right.....

Kenya still has a large population of half unclad tribes...especially the massai..

music Is an art and can be expressed in many different ways... but for u to say modest dressing is an Africa way, it means you know little about Africa culture. the west influence Africa to dress corporate
would you see an unclad woman on the streets of Nairobi?
Re: Melanin: Controversial Clarence-shot Video Banned In Kenya by safarigirl(f): 10:45am On Dec 24, 2017
majekdom2:
there is a difference between nudity and seductive nudity. The nudity of old was due to poverty and lack of clothes. Not because they want to shake their bum or show that they got good skin. Times have changed but the message remains clear. Take these instances and tell me your thoughts: 1. a woman running/walking on unclad on the road and 2. A woman twerking unclad on the road. What comes to mind. It's about what's done and the percerption.
did you see any naked person twerking in that video?

The nudity had a purpose, to show off the beauty of black skin, not for you to jack off. From head to toe, there was no blemish on any of those girls, their tones were even

I love the show of skin, it was beautiful art

4 Likes

Re: Melanin: Controversial Clarence-shot Video Banned In Kenya by safarigirl(f): 10:50am On Dec 24, 2017
majekdom2:
you were nude due to poverty and not because of some culture! Prosperity translates into civilization the reason for people being clad now.
God! This is the most ignorant thing anyone has ever said on the internet

Which poverty? You mean the great Chiefs and Kings back in the day who owned large yam barns and traded along various coasts were poor?

Which useless civilization? The one that is now telling you that it is okay to have sex with someone of your gender?

In hundred years someone as ignorant as you are will come up with the narrative that women were sleeping with men because they were unelightened and that homosexuality is actually the appropriate form of copulation.

Like, I'm done

6 Likes

Re: Melanin: Controversial Clarence-shot Video Banned In Kenya by Nobody: 10:54am On Dec 24, 2017
safarigirl:
God! This is the most ignorant thing anyone has ever said on the internet

Which poverty? You mean the great Chiefs and Kings back in the day who owned large yam barns and traded along various coasts were poor?

Which useless civilization? The one that is now telling you that it is okay to have sex with someone of your gender?

In hundred years someone as ignorant as you are will come up with the narrative that women were sleeping with men because they were unelightened and that homosexuality is actually the appropriate form of copulation.

Like, I'm done

address my previous mentions. Is there a difference between seductive nudity and being nude because of some culture. The king of the poor is a poor king!I am not saying there is anything wrong with the nude cultures. what I am addressing is women objectifying themselves as sex objects by being nude. Stop using tradition to justify women that go about shaking their unclad bum, touching their boobs in music videos. They are never the same thing. Just as Gays justify themselves that there is no God or thats how they are born.
Re: Melanin: Controversial Clarence-shot Video Banned In Kenya by Nobody: 11:01am On Dec 24, 2017
safarigirl:

The nudity had a purpose, to show off the beauty of black skin, not for you to jack off. From head to toe, there was no blemish on any of those girls, their tones were even

and the guy talks about spending cash whilst some of the nude girls go on their knees and some touch their boobs and some are bent over....have a good sense of judgement regardless your views or moral standing.
Re: Melanin: Controversial Clarence-shot Video Banned In Kenya by WORLDPEACE(m): 11:09am On Dec 24, 2017
safarigirl:

Can you bless us( I mean me) with such visuals. I promise I won't be offended. I will appreciate the show of skin.

There is no sarcasm hidden in this request.
Re: Melanin: Controversial Clarence-shot Video Banned In Kenya by Nobody: 11:10am On Dec 24, 2017
It is well the video just didn’t speak to the image of the song
Re: Melanin: Controversial Clarence-shot Video Banned In Kenya by Nobody: 11:13am On Dec 24, 2017
I've seen this video ...

Before you read this comment let me warn you I'm in my early 30s and listen to a lot of 90s hard core rap .

I don't have anything against these sauti Sol dudes . However I no longer seem to be able to watch all the music channels on dstv or elsewhere because I seem to see more ass than music these days ...now don't get me wrong I love ass way more than you .

But it's becoming annoying as it appears that the less talent an artiste has the more ass he has to put in a video . Not saying sauti Sol doesn't have talent they do immensely .

From muscle memory I have my hand trained to press 322 for MTV ...most days I can only hope and pray that I see a music video that has something different from the rest of the ass parade . From MTV to sound city it is all the same . The video tend to be the same and it puts me off from listening to the music .

I don't care if the govt bans it or not that's not my business all I'm saying is can't these artistes do something different than portraying ass in their videos

I would like to see something different from an African artiste every now then ...visually .

3 Likes

Re: Melanin: Controversial Clarence-shot Video Banned In Kenya by teamsynergy: 11:14am On Dec 24, 2017
majekdom2:
I am not sure you will be able to rea and write or be using the internet if the western culture and religion wasn't accepted. Have a broad thinking and see things differently!

Then u guys should stop crying wolf about nudity being a taboo in Africa....

western world has permanently shaped our lives, from religion to our day to day living....

it's you that really need the broad thinking. ... Arab world are more preserved cos they embraced their culture and they meticulously incorporated the western civilization... here we dumped our culture cos we see western culture as being superior... till day their is no region or state In Nigeria that encourage the use of our local language or attire in schools or any cooperate organisation...

3 Likes

Re: Melanin: Controversial Clarence-shot Video Banned In Kenya by Yoshy: 11:15am On Dec 24, 2017
Pato on � me love it.
Re: Melanin: Controversial Clarence-shot Video Banned In Kenya by BruncleZuma: 11:20am On Dec 24, 2017
This same Kenya where their lawmakers wan counsel two gay lions abeggi...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

13 Songs Of 2018 That Should Have Been Hits / I Need Site To Download Music Free Of Charge / Tim Godfrey – So Good | Audio Download

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.