Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,360 members, 7,812,016 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:21 AM

’jaye Lo’ : Davido Deletes Controversial Video Amid Backlash - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / ’jaye Lo’ : Davido Deletes Controversial Video Amid Backlash (30294 Views)

Davido Unfollows Aide, Israel DMW Over Apology On 'jaye Lo' Video / Jaye Lo: You Owe No Apology To Muslims, Soyinka Defends Davido / Logos Olori's 'Jaye Lo' Video Causes Controversy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

’jaye Lo’ : Davido Deletes Controversial Video Amid Backlash by chisomkachy: 10:44am On Jul 24, 2023
Nigerian music star, David Adeleke, popularly known as Davido, has deleted the much-controversial music video of his signee, Logos Olori, After receiving a lot of negative feedback.

The 45-second video which was posted on Saturday, featured some men wearing white jalabia and caps, and dancing in front of a mosque. Olori also sat on a speaker mounted on the roof of the building. This and the fact that the singer mentioned the word— Alhamdulillah (praise be to God)— did not go down well with some of their fans, especially Muslims, who condemned it.

Davido posted the video on Instagram with the caption, “Allow me to re-introduce Logos Olori with his new single, ’Jaye Lo.’ Let us run it up one time! Let’s take over the world. DMW.”

Davido came under fire from many Muslims on social media after posting the video on his Twitter page.

They accused the singer of disrespecting Islam by mixing their religious rites and rituals with song and dance.

Davido finally caved to pressure and deleted the video two days after receiving criticism, despite the musician having remained largely mute on the subject and offering no formal apologies.

Checks on the singer page on Monday showed that the controversial video had been deleted.

https://twitter.com/MobilePunch/status/1683409833926488065?t=7IWcZLZbpA6l2jgojMc6eA&s=19

Previous Thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/7774334/logos-oloris-jaye-lo-video

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ’jaye Lo’ : Davido Deletes Controversial Video Amid Backlash by mariovito(m): 10:52am On Jul 24, 2023
Delete wetin don enter internet?

Stop playing.

Same way Oba was asking that Gang of Lagos be deleted.

Impossible Mission.

Muslims need to calm down, they seem to be more sensitive than my gf clits.

David or his artist should release the full video abeg.

104 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ’jaye Lo’ : Davido Deletes Controversial Video Amid Backlash by Urheadmaster(m): 10:53am On Jul 24, 2023
Deleted from his timeline

Not on the internet tongue
mariovito:
Delete wetin don enter internet?

Stop playing

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ’jaye Lo’ : Davido Deletes Controversial Video Amid Backlash by blazepascal(m): 11:15am On Jul 24, 2023
Muslim mk una dey calm down..una carry religion too far

169 Likes 10 Shares

Re: ’jaye Lo’ : Davido Deletes Controversial Video Amid Backlash by April396949: 12:28pm On Jul 24, 2023
It's a wise move on Davido's part to delete the controversial video and assess the backlash he received. Social media is a powerful platform, and public figures should always be mindful of the content they share. It shows that he is willing to take responsibility for his actions and not perpetuate any harmful or offensive messages. Taking feedback from the public and making changes accordingly is a sign of growth and maturity. Hopefully, Davido will use this as a learning opportunity and move forward more mindfully in the future.

51 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ’jaye Lo’ : Davido Deletes Controversial Video Amid Backlash by ishowdotgmail(m): 12:29pm On Jul 24, 2023
Turtle head… why him no go delete am

8 Likes

Re: ’jaye Lo’ : Davido Deletes Controversial Video Amid Backlash by Jennyclay(f): 12:29pm On Jul 24, 2023
I’m so much in Love with Davido

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ’jaye Lo’ : Davido Deletes Controversial Video Amid Backlash by askolly(m): 12:29pm On Jul 24, 2023
Better
Re: ’jaye Lo’ : Davido Deletes Controversial Video Amid Backlash by xynerise: 12:29pm On Jul 24, 2023
Damage done already.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: ’jaye Lo’ : Davido Deletes Controversial Video Amid Backlash by mcgodison2531(m): 12:29pm On Jul 24, 2023
Thank God is Muslim to muslim family issue

1 Like

Re: ’jaye Lo’ : Davido Deletes Controversial Video Amid Backlash by israelmao(m): 12:30pm On Jul 24, 2023
If most Nigerians have taken a religious stand against maltreatment from our political leaders this nation would have been freed from their shackles.

113 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ’jaye Lo’ : Davido Deletes Controversial Video Amid Backlash by Odogwujayy: 12:30pm On Jul 24, 2023
K.
Re: ’jaye Lo’ : Davido Deletes Controversial Video Amid Backlash by ecomalchemistt(m): 12:30pm On Jul 24, 2023
Not a wise move.

4 Likes

Re: ’jaye Lo’ : Davido Deletes Controversial Video Amid Backlash by PHZADDY1(m): 12:30pm On Jul 24, 2023
This head slammers and rubbish

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: ’jaye Lo’ : Davido Deletes Controversial Video Amid Backlash by Zupay: 12:31pm On Jul 24, 2023
Too late, deleted from his page but already downloaded and stored in millions of phones across the world and still being shared on different platforms.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: ’jaye Lo’ : Davido Deletes Controversial Video Amid Backlash by NBAjunior: 12:31pm On Jul 24, 2023
Jennyclay:

Do you have booty?
Re: ’jaye Lo’ : Davido Deletes Controversial Video Amid Backlash by tesppidd: 12:31pm On Jul 24, 2023
Nothing much to see here, much ado about a little thing.
He didn't mean any harm,

Just indiscretion on Davido's part, a case of error in judgement.

Everyone keep it moving already.

4 Likes

Re: ’jaye Lo’ : Davido Deletes Controversial Video Amid Backlash by IamdbuII: 12:31pm On Jul 24, 2023
Dbull on this one!!!

Omoo we artist face alot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRxP9ysRqJ0

6 Likes

Re: ’jaye Lo’ : Davido Deletes Controversial Video Amid Backlash by NameWork: 12:31pm On Jul 24, 2023

Re: ’jaye Lo’ : Davido Deletes Controversial Video Amid Backlash by tesppidd: 12:31pm On Jul 24, 2023
xynerise:
Damage done already.

Which damage?

4 Likes

Re: ’jaye Lo’ : Davido Deletes Controversial Video Amid Backlash by Youngkhaleepha3(m): 12:33pm On Jul 24, 2023
Thank you David for dealing this rubbish
Because muslim don’t sing and dance in the mosque

8 Likes

Re: ’jaye Lo’ : Davido Deletes Controversial Video Amid Backlash by Biola67: 12:33pm On Jul 24, 2023
ishowdotgmail:
see him turtle head like my head… why him no go delete am
Ok
Re: ’jaye Lo’ : Davido Deletes Controversial Video Amid Backlash by ArmaniUhuru: 12:33pm On Jul 24, 2023
Davido Bleep up

2 Likes

Re: ’jaye Lo’ : Davido Deletes Controversial Video Amid Backlash by Dshocker(m): 12:34pm On Jul 24, 2023
I heard he lost many followers under 24hrs after posting the video...

Muslim is a religion of peace, but violent Muslim is being practiced in Nigeria.

10 Likes

Re: ’jaye Lo’ : Davido Deletes Controversial Video Amid Backlash by RPG2020(m): 12:34pm On Jul 24, 2023
Jennyclay:

You are Mad believe it or not 🚭🚫

4 Likes

Re: ’jaye Lo’ : Davido Deletes Controversial Video Amid Backlash by Justiceleague1: 12:34pm On Jul 24, 2023
If Davido was a buhari supporter or an APC supporter,he wouldn't have any wahala grin
I mean he wouldn't have any stupid Wahalawahala grin grin
Re: ’jaye Lo’ : Davido Deletes Controversial Video Amid Backlash by SmartPolician: 12:35pm On Jul 24, 2023
Truly, I have enormous respect for Muslims for showing respect to their religion and compelling everyone to do the same. It even happens here on Nairaland where we are made to undergo an undertaking before commenting on islamic threads.

As for us Christians, it's a shame we have no regards for God even though He made that abundantly clear in His commandment. I saw a Nigerian film where one actress flong the Bible to the floor, accusing God of abandoning her. I had to seriously warn the cast to be mindful of what they do because they would never try that with the Qur'an and go unpunished!

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: ’jaye Lo’ : Davido Deletes Controversial Video Amid Backlash by Biola67: 12:35pm On Jul 24, 2023
Dshocker:
I heard he lost 10 million followers under 24hrs after posting the video...

Muslim is a religion of peace, but violent Muslim is being practiced in Nigeria.
10m followers where lol 😆

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ’jaye Lo’ : Davido Deletes Controversial Video Amid Backlash by Patrioticman007(m): 12:35pm On Jul 24, 2023
Devil's work at best will be his defense. However it's a fact that Islam has a line that shouldn't be crossed in the name of entertainment. He is already popular so what's the benefit of this blasphemous act ?. Hope he will tender a public apology to remake his already damage image, for no sane Muslim will ever respect Davido again.

9 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Falz – 'Talk' (Lyrics) / 'Olo Mi' By Tosin Martins / Bright Chimezie Is Dead.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.