Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,667 members, 7,820,347 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:23 PM

My Pastor Boss Does Not Know About Deuteronomy 14:22- - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Pastor Boss Does Not Know About Deuteronomy 14:22- (859 Views)

Deuteronomy 14:22-29 The Only Portion That Tells Us "How" To Tithe / Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? / Why Do Most Churches Avoid Deuteronomy 14: 22-29 Teachings "CHECK IT OUT" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Pastor Boss Does Not Know About Deuteronomy 14:22- by rejosom(m): 6:25pm On Dec 23, 2017
Sometime ago I created a thread on my discussion with my boss on my catholic belief. Feel free to read up.

https://www.nairaland.com/3142393/what-boss-told-me-religious#46207694

Well, few days ago I was discussing with him about our plans and budget for next year. The discussion continued smoothly until he told me how he is owing a backlog of tithes in his church (he is one of the pastors in his church.... Somehow almost all the Yoruba's in Port Harcourt are pastors). First, I asked him if tithe is supposed to be a burden to anyone won't God understand? He answered me straight away with Malachi 3:10 about how it is a curse to skip tithe, how it is a law and so on. If you have skipped some months then the curse is already there why not move on.

To cut the long story short, he continued preaching about curses and tithes until I pointed him to Deuteronomy 14:22. He then told me he will go and study it and get back to me. Well, he didn't come back till we vacated.

Now if my pastor boss knows Malachi 3:10 but not Deuteronomy 14:22, how on earth will his congregation ever open that part of the bible?
#freethesheeple

1 Like

Re: My Pastor Boss Does Not Know About Deuteronomy 14:22- by petra1(m): 6:51pm On Dec 23, 2017
rejosom:

Now if my pastor boss knows Malachi 3:10 but not Deuteronomy 14:22, how on earth will his congregation ever open that part of the bible?
#freethesheeple

All of you have been deceived by daddy freeze . You are the one who didn't study your bible well .The Tithe the people used for feast is different from the tithe given to God which is strictly for ministers of God

The tithe to God.

Leviticus 27:30
And all the tithe of the land, whether of the seed of the land, or of the fruit of the tree, is the Lord's: it is holy unto the Lord.

Numbers 18:21-25
21 And, behold, I have given the Levites all the tithes in Israel for an inheritance in return for their service which they serve, the [menial] service of the Tent of Meeting

We are not tithing because the law say so but because it was already a spiritual principle before the law came .
Re: My Pastor Boss Does Not Know About Deuteronomy 14:22- by rejosom(m): 6:55pm On Dec 23, 2017
petra1:

All of you have been deceived by daddy freeze . You are the one who didn't study your bible well .The Tithe the people used for feast is different from the tithe given to God which is strictly for ministers of God

The tithe to God.

Leviticus 27:30.
And all the tithe of the land, whether of the seed of the land, or of the fruit of the tree, is the Lord's: it is holy unto the Lord.

[color=#770077]Numbers 18:21-25
21 And, behold, I have given the Levites all the tithes in Israel for an inheritance in return for their service which they serve, the [menial] service of the Tent of Meeting

We are not tithing because the law say so but because it was already a spiritual principle before the law came .

Thanks a lot Bro.

This thread is not really about whether to pay or not to pay tithe but a fact that a pastor has never seen this particular bible passage before.
Re: My Pastor Boss Does Not Know About Deuteronomy 14:22- by hisgrace090: 7:11pm On Dec 23, 2017
rejosom:

Thanks a lot Bro.

This thread is not really about whether to pay or not to pay tithe but a fact that a pastor has never seen this particular bible passage before.

And no pastor want to tourch that very bible portion at all.

It is a no go area.
Re: My Pastor Boss Does Not Know About Deuteronomy 14:22- by Goodness4525: 7:19pm On Dec 23, 2017
[quote author=rejosom post=63548852]

That we make u wonder how they can teach the sheep reality rather than fables and money-centered-doctrine
Re: My Pastor Boss Does Not Know About Deuteronomy 14:22- by rejosom(m): 8:41pm On Dec 23, 2017
hisgrace090:

And no pastor want to tourch that very bible portion at all.

It is a no go area.

Serious no go area ooo

1 Like

Re: My Pastor Boss Does Not Know About Deuteronomy 14:22- by rejosom(m): 8:45pm On Dec 23, 2017
[quote author=Goodness4525 post=63549425][/quote]
Some pastors deliberately avoid that passage, while others like my boss just don't know about.

Why not? When they study only what the GOs programme them for the year and this part is not included.
Re: My Pastor Boss Does Not Know About Deuteronomy 14:22- by Goodness4525: 10:28pm On Dec 23, 2017
[quote author=rejosom post=63551383]
But they claim to attend bible school and spiritually connected ,may be their GO is the only mediator in the spirit realm(God himself convince me)so other will follow suit

I agree with guy who said it is better to be unbeliever than believing the craftiness of these god of men
Re: My Pastor Boss Does Not Know About Deuteronomy 14:22- by asalimpo(m): 10:32pm On Dec 23, 2017
I don't get what point you are trying to make.
But if you are saying that self consumption of the tithe is the bible injunction,then you can justify that completely and wholey by that verse.
I've read the verse before but couldnt remember it until i looked it up.
However looking up other verses of the bible on tithe you quickly see a disparating and disjunction.
In Malachi it says,that they may be meat KJV i.e provision in God's house.
A little thinking shows that the tithe can't be be the payer's self consumption alone - justifying that with only one verse of scripture to the neglect of other verses will lead to a lopsided theology.

That's why the bible enjoins rightly dividing the word of truth. Precept upon precept , word upon word.
And n the mouth of 2 or 3 witness- a word should be established!!

Deutoronomy 14: v 22-29:

22 Be sure to set aside a tenth of all that your fields produce each year. 23 Eat the tithe of your grain, new wine and olive oil, and the firstborn of your herds and flocks in the presence of the Lord your God at the place he will choose as a dwelling for his Name, so that you may learn to revere the Lord your God always. 24 But if that place is too distant and you have been blessed by the Lord your God and cannot carry your tithe (because the place where the Lord will choose to put his Name is so far away), 25 then exchange your tithe for silver, and take the silver with you and go to the place the Lord your God will choose. 26 Use the silver to buy whatever you like: cattle, sheep, wine or other fermented drink, or anything you wish. Then you and your household shall eat there in the presence of the Lord your God and rejoice. 27 And do not neglect the Levites living in your towns, for they have no allotment or inheritance of their own.

28 At the end of every three years, bring all the tithes of that year’s produce and store it in your towns,

29 so that the Levites (who have no allotment or inheritance of their own) and the foreigners, the fatherless and the widows who live in your towns may come and eat and be satisfied, and so that the Lord your God may bless you in all the work of your hands.

Re: My Pastor Boss Does Not Know About Deuteronomy 14:22- by MrBrownJay1(m): 6:07am On Dec 24, 2017
these demons in robes are clueless, just like the sheeples that follows them... but hey, if any of these deluded people think that the meaning of tithe in their holy book can be justified by demons in robes enriching their sorry selfish self and buying private jets, while millions in their surroundings cant get 3square meals a day, then sheeples they are indeed.

here is a clue: if tithe is used to enrich your own sorry self, instead of enriching the life of the people in need then it is a SCAM. if they get a billion in tithe today, then they should use a billion tomorrow on the poor and needy....
these are just a bunch a criminals in robe!

btw if anyone believes that these fake conmen in robes need private jet (at a price that could easily feed millions of people for a years or more) then you certainly are clueless!
Re: My Pastor Boss Does Not Know About Deuteronomy 14:22- by Goodness4525: 6:51am On Dec 24, 2017
No matter his u tell them they won't reason, not because they don't use their common sense but they don't have ,u can't give what u don't have
Re: My Pastor Boss Does Not Know About Deuteronomy 14:22- by rejosom(m): 10:36am On Dec 24, 2017
asalimpo:
I don't get what point you are trying to make.
But if you are saying that self consumption of the tithe is the bible injunction,then you can justify that completely and wholey by that verse.
I've read the verse before but couldnt remember it until i looked it up.
However looking up other verses of the bible on tithe you quickly see a disparating and disjunction.
In Malachi it says,that they may be meat KJV i.e provision in God's house.
A little thinking shows that the tithe can't be be the payer's self consumption alone - justifying that with only one verse of scripture to the neglect of other verses will lead to a lopsided theology.

That's why the bible enjoins rightly dividing the word of truth. Precept upon precept , word upon word.
And n the mouth of 2 or 3 witness- a word should be established!!

Deutoronomy 14: v 22-29:

22 Be sure to set aside a tenth of all that your fields produce each year. 23 Eat the tithe of your grain, new wine and olive oil, and the firstborn of your herds and flocks in the presence of the Lord your God at the place he will choose as a dwelling for his Name, so that you may learn to revere the Lord your God always. 24 But if that place is too distant and you have been blessed by the Lord your God and cannot carry your tithe (because the place where the Lord will choose to put his Name is so far away), 25 then exchange your tithe for silver, and take the silver with you and go to the place the Lord your God will choose. 26 Use the silver to buy whatever you like: cattle, sheep, wine or other fermented drink, or anything you wish. Then you and your household shall eat there in the presence of the Lord your God and rejoice. 27 And do not neglect the Levites living in your towns, for they have no allotment or inheritance of their own.

28 At the end of every three years, bring all the tithes of that year’s produce and store it in your towns,

29 so that the Levites (who have no allotment or inheritance of their own) and the foreigners, the fatherless and the widows who live in your towns may come and eat and be satisfied, and so that the Lord your God may bless you in all the work of your hands.

You missed the point of this thread by a wide margin. You should have stopped right where you admitted that you didnt get the point of the thread.

However, this is not to justify or negate paying of tithe.

Granted, that was the debate I had with my boss but this thread is a about a pastor who teaches the word, who teaches about tithe but have NEVER read this passage about tithes. Does it add up?
Re: My Pastor Boss Does Not Know About Deuteronomy 14:22- by orunto27: 10:36am On Dec 24, 2017
Good point!
Re: My Pastor Boss Does Not Know About Deuteronomy 14:22- by asalimpo(m): 12:18pm On Dec 24, 2017
rejosom:

You missed the point of this thread by a wide margin. You should have stopped right where you admitted that you didnt get the point of the thread.

However, this is not to justify or negate paying of tithe.

Granted, that was the debate I had with my boss but this thread is a about a pastor who teaches the word, who teaches about tithe but have NEVER read this passage about tithes. Does it add up?
ok. i think get you. I thought you were taking a stand but if i'm to rephrase,you mean, a pastor who has preached a lot of a central topic like tithe had never heard of a verse that talked on it!
Poor /lax /lazy /typical researching on his part. I think this is what you were saying
Re: My Pastor Boss Does Not Know About Deuteronomy 14:22- by rejosom(m): 12:31pm On Dec 24, 2017
asalimpo:

ok. i think get you. I thought you were taking a stand but if i'm to rephrase,you mean, a pastor who has preached a lot of a central topic like tithe had never heard of a verse that talked on it!
Poor /lax /lazy /typical researching on his part. I think this is what you were saying

Exactly Sir... Do you think he is alone? No, I don't think so. Myself, I saw that passage for the very first time after being a Christian almost all my life last year when sonofluc1fer brought it up on his thread "Guide to Tithing" or something like that.

Mine is even worse in that in the church I was born in (Catholic church in Imo State) nobody ever mentioned tithe, I attended a Seminary School, no mention of it until I came to Port Harcourt in 2012. For the very first time in my life I was in a catholic church and at the end of the Mass the Priest stood at the alter and called out "those attending for the first time for prayers". My shock was yet to settle when the announcer called out those with their tithe envelopes to come out. Instantly, I knew I was no longer in my village.

You think it was laziness on the part of my Boss, you may be right, how about the people he is teaching? What becomes of them if he is teaching them only half truths in sincere ignorance?

Now, answer me in all sincerity, have your pastor every preached that part of the bible to you before? If yes, what did he/she say? If no, why not?
Re: My Pastor Boss Does Not Know About Deuteronomy 14:22- by asalimpo(m): 2:07pm On Dec 24, 2017
rejosom:

Exactly Sir... Do you think he is alone? No, I don't think so. Myself, I saw that passage for the very first time after being a Christian almost all my life last year when sonofluc1fer brought it up on his thread "Guide to Tithing" or something like that.

Mine is even worse in that in the church I was born in (Catholic church in Imo State) nobody ever mentioned tithe, I attended a Seminary School, no mention of it until I came to Port Harcourt in 2012. For the very first time in my life I was in a catholic church and at the end of the Mass the Priest stood at the alter and called out "those attending for the first time for prayers". My shock was yet to settle when the announcer called out those with their tithe envelopes to come out. Instantly, I knew I was no longer in my village.

You think it was laziness on the part of my Boss, you may be right, how about the people he is teaching? What becomes of them if he is teaching them only half truths in sincere ignorance?

Now, answer me in all sincerity, have your pastor every preached that part of the bible to you before? If yes, what did he/she say? If no, why not?

I get what you are saying.
I've never heard it being preached from the pulpit before too.
I've also never heard a pastor read that bible verse that enjoins parents not to deliberately
offend their children lest the children get discouraged but the other verse- one, two , three go (use a chiming voice like you are reciting a chorus/anthem )
"Children obey your parents in the Lord ... honour your father and mother ... ".
I've heard that one so tey i tire. Left and right.
I think a few pastors that know about the verse will not want to preach on it because,
they fear people will interprete it as a license to embezzle the tithe (and their company church revenues grin will take a deep).
On the other hand, pastoring is really hard work and the quality of products is a function of the things like prayer input, bible study input etc. Most pastors dont want to put in more time than necessary. And some are not really learners so they study the bible not to know but to preach!!!
After they drop their pastor collars-they're just like everybody else.
If you look at most prominent christian authors,you'll see that the outstanding ones are hard core nerds. This nerdism i think is what has propelled to the top of their profession .
The nigerian society ,for now,just doesnt dig the nerdish stuff. When we chop belleful,then,
we'll have more time to pursue more artistic interests. Dont blame us.
Re: My Pastor Boss Does Not Know About Deuteronomy 14:22- by Nobody: 2:21pm On Dec 24, 2017
This is not for Christians. It is for the Jews. Jesus gave Christians a new command and he annulled the command given to Moses. Tithing has no place in Christianity. Only a false Christian will encourage the payment of tithe.

Tithing is in the same command as Sabbath. Why don't you keep the Sabbath?

There is no one worthy of being called a priest today. Do you know why? Jesus is now our priest.

Everyone is dwelling on where the money is because that is where they enrich themselves.

(1) (Reply)

Did God Really Say....? / Thunder Uproots Fuel Tanks (Land Battle btw Pastor And Businesman)Pics+Video / Misconceptions About Eckankar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.