Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,164 members, 7,818,538 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:18 PM

Deuteronomy 14:22-29 The Only Portion That Tells Us "How" To Tithe - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Deuteronomy 14:22-29 The Only Portion That Tells Us "How" To Tithe (775 Views)

Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? / Why I Would Forever Continue To Tithe - My Personal Experience. / Why Do Most Churches Avoid Deuteronomy 14: 22-29 Teachings "CHECK IT OUT" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Deuteronomy 14:22-29 The Only Portion That Tells Us "How" To Tithe by nnadychuks(m): 10:00am On Jul 25, 2021
I have just 4 scriptures to read from today:
1. Malachi 3:10- Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.

2. (MAL. 3:8–9)
Will man rob God? Yet you are robbing me. But you say, “How have we robbed you?” In your tithes and contributions. You are cursed with a curse, for you are robbing me, the whole nation of you.

3 Matthew 23:23 KJV
Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.
From the three scriptures above, you'll understand the importance of tithing in our lives and how much of blessings you'll receive by tithing.
It's self explanatory, I'm not here for preaching. As a normal Christian, we are required to tithe. In as much as it's a sin not to tithe, it also hinders your blessing.
but how are you sure you're tithing well? Who should eat your tithe? You think your pastors should eat your tithe? Just questions, and I don't answer any questions from my discretion. . The next bible verse might answer you:
4 Deuteronomy 14:22-28
Thou shalt truly tithe all the increase of thy seed, that the field bringeth forth year by year. And thou shalt eat before the LORD thy God, in the place which he shall choose to place his name there, the tithe of thy corn, of thy wine, and of thine oil, and the firstlings of thy herds and of thy flocks; that thou mayest learn to fear the LORD thy God always. And if the way be too long for thee, so that thou art not able to carry it; or if the place be too far from thee, which the LORD thy God shall choose to set his name there, when the LORD thy God hath blessed thee: then shalt thou turn it into money, and bind up the money in thine hand, and shalt go unto the place which the LORD thy God shall choose: and thou shalt bestow that money for whatsoever thy soul lusteth after, for oxen, or for sheep, or for wine, or for strong drink, or for whatsoever thy soul desireth: and thou shalt eat there before the LORD thy God, and thou shalt rejoice, thou, and thine household, and the Levite that is within thy gates; thou shalt not forsake him; for he hath no part nor inheritance with thee. At the end of three years thou shalt bring forth all the tithe of thine increase the same year, and shalt lay it up within thy gates: and the Levite, (because he hath no part nor inheritance with thee,) and the stranger, and the fatherless, and the widow, which are within thy gates, shall come, and shall eat and be satisfied; that the LORD thy God may bless thee in all the work of thine hand which thou doest.
Deuteronomy 14:22‭-‬29 tells us how to tithe, who'll benefit from your tithe and what part your Levites(pastors) play in your tithing...

I don't twist bible verses. Read your bible and share what you think. I might learn one or two as well
Re: Deuteronomy 14:22-29 The Only Portion That Tells Us "How" To Tithe by Zamboroto: 10:07am On Jul 25, 2021
I don't seem to understand the ruling on tithing. Could you please explain Deuteronomy 14:22-28 in simpler terms for non-Christians (myself inclusive) to grasp?
Re: Deuteronomy 14:22-29 The Only Portion That Tells Us "How" To Tithe by nnadychuks(m): 10:24am On Jul 25, 2021
Re: Deuteronomy 14:22-29 The Only Portion That Tells Us "How" To Tithe by Zamboroto: 1:37pm On Jul 25, 2021
Re: Deuteronomy 14:22-29 The Only Portion That Tells Us "How" To Tithe by gideonjeta(m): 4:09pm On Jul 25, 2021
nnadychuks:
I have just 4 scriptures to read from today:
1. Malachi 3:10- Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.

2. (MAL. 3:8–9)
Will man rob God? Yet you are robbing me. But you say, “How have we robbed you?” In your tithes and contributions. You are cursed with a curse, for you are robbing me, the whole nation of you.

3 Matthew 23:23 KJV
Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.
From the three scriptures above, you'll understand the importance of tithing in our lives and how much of blessings you'll receive by tithing.
It's self explanatory, I'm not here for preaching. As a normal Christian, we are required to tithe. In as much as it's a sin not to tithe, it also hinders your blessing.
but how are you sure you're tithing well? Who should eat your tithe? You think your pastors should eat your tithe? Just questions, and I don't answer any questions from my discretion. . The next bible verse might answer you:
4 Deuteronomy 14:22-28
Thou shalt truly tithe all the increase of thy seed, that the field bringeth forth year by year. And thou shalt eat before the LORD thy God, in the place which he shall choose to place his name there, the tithe of thy corn, of thy wine, and of thine oil, and the firstlings of thy herds and of thy flocks; that thou mayest learn to fear the LORD thy God always. And if the way be too long for thee, so that thou art not able to carry it; or if the place be too far from thee, which the LORD thy God shall choose to set his name there, when the LORD thy God hath blessed thee: then shalt thou turn it into money, and bind up the money in thine hand, and shalt go unto the place which the LORD thy God shall choose: and thou shalt bestow that money for whatsoever thy soul lusteth after, for oxen, or for sheep, or for wine, or for strong drink, or for whatsoever thy soul desireth: and thou shalt eat there before the LORD thy God, and thou shalt rejoice, thou, and thine household, and the Levite that is within thy gates; thou shalt not forsake him; for he hath no part nor inheritance with thee. At the end of three years thou shalt bring forth all the tithe of thine increase the same year, and shalt lay it up within thy gates: and the Levite, (because he hath no part nor inheritance with thee,) and the stranger, and the fatherless, and the widow, which are within thy gates, shall come, and shall eat and be satisfied; that the LORD thy God may bless thee in all the work of thine hand which thou doest.
Deuteronomy 14:22‭-‬29 tells us how to tithe, who'll benefit from your tithe and what part your Levites(pastors) play in your tithing...

I don't twist bible verses. Read your bible and share what you think. I might learn one or two as well

As part of their contribution to support true worship, the ancient Israelites were commanded to donate a tithe, * or a tenth, of their annual income. God told them: “You must without fail give a tenth [“tithe,” King James Version] of everything your seed produces in the field year by year.”—Deuteronomy 14:22.

The command to tithe was part of the Mosaic Law, a law code that God gave to ancient Israel. Christians are not legally subject to the Mosaic Law and so are not required to tithe. (Colossians 2:13, 14) Instead, each Christian is to contribute financially “as he has resolved in his heart, not grudgingly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.”—2 Corinthians 9:7.
Re: Deuteronomy 14:22-29 The Only Portion That Tells Us "How" To Tithe by nnadychuks(m): 5:25pm On Jul 25, 2021
Zamboroto:
I don't seem to understand the ruling on tithing. Could you please explain Deuteronomy 14:22-28 in simpler terms for non-Christians (myself inclusive) to grasp?
you must first understand that tithing is a concept of love. Love for your household, the less privileged and the levites/priests/pastors.
The Lord has commanded us to bring our tithe to the store house that there may be food in his presence (Malachi 3:10). However, only in Deut14:22-28 did the Lord give us a pathway on how to tithe.
He asks that we bring our tithes to His presence and eat with our loved ones. He did not exclude the less privileged, widows and orphans (vs 28-29). The pastors/Levites have a role to play in tithing, but just as the widows and orphans, the levites are not the only people to give your tithe. Remember, tithing is a concept of love.
If everyone bring their tithe as consumables to the church today and eat it with their household, share love to the less privileged and the levites, the Most High has promised us in Malachi 3:10-11 that He will open the windows of blessings upon us.
Re: Deuteronomy 14:22-29 The Only Portion That Tells Us "How" To Tithe by Kobojunkie: 5:29pm On Jul 25, 2021
nnadychuks:

Then be certain to add Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20 to your reading list there. God tells you through the very same Moses that His Old Covenant Law , along with its tithing and offering laws , is an agreement between He, God and only those who re born with the blood of Jacob flowng through their veins. undecided
Re: Deuteronomy 14:22-29 The Only Portion That Tells Us "How" To Tithe by Zamboroto: 8:31pm On Jul 25, 2021
nnadychuks:
you must first understand that tithing is a concept of love. Love for your household, the less privileged and the levites/priests/pastors.
The Lord has commanded us to bring our tithe to the store house that there may be food in his presence (Malachi 3:10). However, only in Deut14:22-28 did the Lord give us a pathway on how to tithe.
He asks that we bring our tithes to His presence and eat with our loved ones. He did not exclude the less privileged, widows and orphans (vs 28-29). The pastors/Levites have a role to play in tithing, but just as the widows and orphans, the levites are not the only people to give your tithe. Remember, tithing is a concept of love.
If everyone bring their tithe as consumables to the church today and eat it with their household, share love to the less privileged and the levites, the Most High has promised us in Malachi 3:10-11 that He will open the windows of blessings upon us.
Is tithing from one's income or accumulated wealth?
Re: Deuteronomy 14:22-29 The Only Portion That Tells Us "How" To Tithe by nnadychuks(m): 8:32pm On Jul 25, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Then be certain to add Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20 to your reading list there. God tells you through the very same Moses that His Old Covenant Law , along with its tithing and offering laws , is an agreement between He, God and only those who re born with the blood of Jacob flowng through their veins. undecided
wat are u saying. I’ve read ur scripture and it’s confusing me
Re: Deuteronomy 14:22-29 The Only Portion That Tells Us "How" To Tithe by nnadychuks(m): 8:34pm On Jul 25, 2021
Zamboroto:

your income overtime will yield accumulated wealth. U get the point?
Re: Deuteronomy 14:22-29 The Only Portion That Tells Us "How" To Tithe by Kobojunkie: 8:45pm On Jul 25, 2021
nnadychuks:
wat are u saying. I’ve read ur scripture and it’s confusing me
Tithing, along with the entire Old Covenant Law, is an agreement between God and those who are descendants of Jacob just as you are told in Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20 by God Himself. undecided

Any non jew who engages in this Law does so in vain. undecided
Re: Deuteronomy 14:22-29 The Only Portion That Tells Us "How" To Tithe by Zamboroto: 8:46pm On Jul 25, 2021
nnadychuks:
Re: Deuteronomy 14:22-29 The Only Portion That Tells Us "How" To Tithe by Kobojunkie: 8:48pm On Jul 25, 2021
Zamboroto:

Tithing only concerns you if you were born a Jew - Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20 undecided
Re: Deuteronomy 14:22-29 The Only Portion That Tells Us "How" To Tithe by Zamboroto: 9:06pm On Jul 25, 2021
nnadychuks:
your income overtime will yield accumulated wealth. U get the point?
Sorry I don't. Is it supposed to be weekly, monthly, quarterly or annually?
Re: Deuteronomy 14:22-29 The Only Portion That Tells Us "How" To Tithe by Zamboroto: 9:08pm On Jul 25, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Tithing only concerns you if you were born a Jew - Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20 undecided
KJV or NIV
Re: Deuteronomy 14:22-29 The Only Portion That Tells Us "How" To Tithe by Kobojunkie: 9:09pm On Jul 25, 2021
Zamboroto:

KJV or NIV
all of them! undecided
Re: Deuteronomy 14:22-29 The Only Portion That Tells Us "How" To Tithe by Zamboroto: 9:15pm On Jul 25, 2021
Kobojunkie:
all of them! undecided

Didn't see anything related to the Jew.

Sorry I'm not familiar with the Bible but I'm really interested in understanding this thing.
Re: Deuteronomy 14:22-29 The Only Portion That Tells Us "How" To Tithe by Kobojunkie: 9:20pm On Jul 25, 2021
Zamboroto:

Didn't see anything related to the Jew.

Sorry I'm not familiar with the Bible but I'm really interested in understanding this thing.
See below

“Today I am giving you a choice of two ways. And I ask heaven and earth to be witnesses of your choice. You can choose life or death. The first choice will bring a blessing. The other choice will bring a curse. So choose life! Then you and your children will live.

You must love the Lord your God and obey him. Never leave him, because he is your life. And he will give you a long life in the land that he, the Lord, promised to give to your ancestors—Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.” - Deuteronomy 30 vs 19 - 20
Re: Deuteronomy 14:22-29 The Only Portion That Tells Us "How" To Tithe by nnadychuks(m): 9:21pm On Jul 25, 2021
Zamboroto:

Sorry I don't. Is it supposed to be weekly, monthly, quarterly or annually?
even if it’s daily, 10% is 10%.
Re: Deuteronomy 14:22-29 The Only Portion That Tells Us "How" To Tithe by Zamboroto: 9:57pm On Jul 25, 2021
nnadychuks:
even if it’s daily, 10% is 10%.
Even those that can barely feed? Say for instance, a family man with 4-5 mouths to feed with a daily income of less than a thousand naira, how do you justify taking off 10% of the income?

(1) (Reply)

Jesus And Your Money / Religion Is Not Reasonable, it's a step backward in reasoning. See Why. / Is Wearing Trousers For Females To Church A Sin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.