Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,101 members, 7,814,865 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:17 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 - Travel (110) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (1164463 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) ... (452) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Katete: 9:47pm On Apr 26, 2018
Good day all, I want to thank everyone who has contributed to this thread, your wonderful tips and points are highly appreciated. I went for my Visa interview on Wednesday and I was given a visa, the V.O did not even check any of my documents, he just approved �. Will type a transcript later

11 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Chimzy09(f): 9:58pm On Apr 26, 2018
Katete:
Good day all, I want to thank everyone who has contributed to this thread, your wonderful tips and points are highly appreciated. I went for my Visa interview on Wednesday and I was given a visa, the V.O did not even check any of my documents, he just approved �. Will type a transcript later

Congratulations!!!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by zoemummy: 10:26pm On Apr 26, 2018
Found this on another platform and it may explain, in part, the reason for the recent spike in visa denials.

Sad story but just thought to share.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Leomichael: 11:24pm On Apr 26, 2018
hello. I have been reading the threads and it has been quite enlightening.

I will need help on this. I am going to the US early August for a one week conference. I have a LOI that recommends i can go for a B1 visa.
However, My wife and baby will be going for childbirth sometime in October. I will of course travel with them. My questions

1. Can i get a B1 visa now for the conference and apply again sometime in August for B1/B2 visa and B2 visa for my wife towards the childbirth?
2. Is it possible for me to combine the visa for this business trip and that for the childbirth trip? How will the VO view it considering that my wife will not be travelling with me for the conference?
3. if my wife and 2 year old boy are the only applicants, can i be allowed to meet the VO with them assuming I am not an applicant?

Appreciate your kind responses.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Beautyaddy: 12:01am On Apr 27, 2018
zoemummy:
Found this on another platform and it may explain, in part, the reason for the recent spike in visa denials.

Not surprised this was going to evetually happen...it was just a matter of time.

I know a number of people who got their US visas with the purpose of giving birth in the US or visiting but after getting to the US decided to change plans by either staying permanently in the US or migrate to Canada.

Now when you confront them that what they are doing is making the real geniue applicants whose only intentions is to give birth or visit and leave they shugg it off by saying at times conditions beyond their control causes them to change plans.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ugoguchy(f): 12:11am On Apr 27, 2018
D will respond,mine took some days too and I kept calling and the said the case was open
The will definitely respond
Zyzy012:
@ugoguchy Congrats dear. Pls I saw your post and tried applying for an emergency appointment. I was then mailed to attach more documents likecproof of payment, bank statement, budget sheet and letter from office. It's been 5 days now and haven't gotten any reply. The only reply was that my case is still under review. Was this how yours went?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ptefemmeforte: 12:30am On Apr 27, 2018
[Is there anyone interested in sharing a two bedroom apartment between June 4 to Aug 31 in Houston, Texas? Her hospital is Oakbend hospital. I am also open to other means of accommodation if anyone has something to share here. [/quote] is this offer still available
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Austinjeffy: 2:23am On Apr 27, 2018
Today is the second day I wrote the application for my baby and no reply from this people. Flight is Monday with virgin still.
CheeseMama:
Hi Adedoyin. First of all your post has been so helpful in getting all the paperwork together so big thanks to you. Please how long did it take to get your bill from Pediatrix? Its over 2 weeks since i had my baby and they don't have my billing information yet. I'd like to settle all my bills before i leave and i have just 2 weeks left. Did you do anything to fast track?

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by zoemummy: 2:35am On Apr 27, 2018
Beautyaddy:

Not surprised this was going to evetually happen...it was just a matter of time.

I know a number of people who got their US visas with the purpose of giving birth in the US or visiting but after getting to the US decided to change plans by either staying permanently in the US or migrate to Canada.

Now when you confront them that what they are doing is making the real geniue applicants whose only intentions is to give birth or visit and leave they shugg it off by saying at times conditions beyond their control
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by zoemummy: 2:44am On Apr 27, 2018
Honestly, I don't know why we are like this as a people. It's painful sha...I've been wondering about all the recent denials and 221g follow up interviews.

We just over exploit opportunities and don't consider who is coming behind...

Anyways, best wishes to everyone waiting for their visa interviews and follow up appointments. May those with genuine intents win! And if you ever considered migrating, please do it the right way.

I still have a sense that the recent attention to the 'why do you want to have a baby in the US?' & requirement to state 'dual citizenship' is a step by the consulates to stack up evidence against granting visas to pregnant women...#justmythoughts.

Beautyaddy:

Now when you confront them that what they are doing is making the real geniue applicants whose only intentions is to give birth or visit and leave they shugg it off by saying at times conditions beyond their control

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by cindermum: 6:41am On Apr 27, 2018
Beautyaddy:

Now when you confront them that what they are doing is making the real geniue applicants whose only intentions is to give birth or visit and leave they shugg it off by saying at times conditions beyond their control causes them to change plans.

I won't be surprised that they will someday stop only Nigerians from birthing in their country. Especially when they even see some ppl earning a living from asking ppl to birth in d US. As for relocation, I believe it's not conditions beyond their control, they already had imminent plans cos relocation isn't something u just decide to do. it must be something u have been discussing and planning. It is well, wish all the future applicants with genuine intentions all the best.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by debrixxy: 8:09am On Apr 27, 2018
A beautiful morning to you all. Wow! It's been ages since I made any comment. I need to ask a very important question, please help me out.
I gave birth 4years ago in Texas, through the help of wonderful people in this great group, but since then I've not gone back to the U.S. My son's Passport is expiring next year, what do I do? When is the best time to go and renew his Passport? Is there any other thing I need to do? Will not going there all these years affect my son or me? Plus my Visa got expired, how do i renew through Dropbox without going for an interview?(N/B: I'm still eligible for dropbox)
Your answers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance �
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Ebony84: 9:38am On Apr 27, 2018
Congratulations!!!

So happy to hear your good news..I'm in the same situation although I haven't submitted my application yet. I've been reading religiously to be sure i am ready for an interview if I get called in.

Can you and @Chibertha please help with Quest Diagnostics? After so much back and forth in the last 2 yrs, they refused to honour the hospital discount. Had to pay $1700 for the prenatal tests done, now they can't provide me with a zero-balance stmt. I paid over the phone too so no receipts.

Can you please advise if there's a way around it?

simbolee:
Here to give back to this wonderful forum. Had my interview today @ 8:00am in Lagos.

Got my first B1/B2 visa in October 2015 for vacation and later used it to birth my baby in August 2016. Entered Texas June 25th, 2016 and spent 4months and 2weeks. No change of intent letter but I declared at the point of entry. Didn't know about zero balance or itemized billing until I read it here. Went into panic mode and started making calls.

Fast forward to my interview
VO: Good morning and please pass your passport.
Me: Good morning (Passes passport)
VO: Where in the US are you going?
Me: Orlando, Florida.
VO: Do you have anybody in Florida.
Me: No, but I have in other states.
VO: That means you're going to Disney.
Me: Yes
VO: Is anyone going with you.
Me:Yes my daughter.
VO: Have you travelled before (he saw my previous visa o)
Me: Yes 2ce to the US
VO: What did you go there for?
Me: 1st for vacation 3weeks and the 2nd time for child birth 4months
VO: Okay, I see you have paid( don't know what he meant), do you have your receipts and can I see them.
Me: Yes I do (Passes everything include expenditure sheet, receipts, zero balance, itemized bill)
VO: flips through not scrutinized though, hands them back. What does your husband do?
Me: he's into farming and blablabla
VO: Does he have a valid US visa
Me: No
VO: Will he be traveling with you.
Me: No
VO: Why is he not going with you.
Me: This is planting season for him so he would not be available for travel.
VO: Why not wait till he's available
Me: My annual leave is during summer so I won't be available when he's ready.
VO: What does your husband do? ( Was surprised since I had stated it earlier.
Me: repeated same thing I said before.
VO: okay, make sure you have your receipts with you when traveling. Pick up your visa at your choosen place . Have a nice day
Me: thank you and have a nice day too.

Thank you all for your guidance.
@chibertha thanks for the help with Quest Diagnostics.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Ann2016: 10:18am On Apr 27, 2018
ozycy:

Is this Lagos or Abuja? You can re-apply

hi ozycy its in lagos. hubby already paid the application fee this morning. I only hope they won't see this as a sign of desperation
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Zyzy012: 10:23am On Apr 27, 2018
ugoguchy:
D will respond,mine took some days too and I kept calling and the said the case was open
The will definitely respond
Pls how did you call them. Do you have any contact I can call them with.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Silver2010: 11:40am On Apr 27, 2018
@ibukunpops Thank you. DS3053 signed (notarized) and on it's way to me....

next step apply for passport!
ibukunpops:
He needs to take his international passport, clear copy of data page, filled but not signed form DS-3053

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Aibisoye0: 1:14pm On Apr 27, 2018
Hello house, please help

Aibisoye0:
Please house has anyone notorized document before birth. As I won't be going with DW any advise....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by cindermum: 1:24pm On Apr 27, 2018
According to what i have read here u can't do it until after childbirth.
Aibisoye0:
Hello house, please help

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by cindermum: 1:27pm On Apr 27, 2018
Please does anyone know any affordable hospital in Boston? Abeg my ppl don't jump and pass kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by amija: 1:31pm On Apr 27, 2018
FIRST, U DNT QUALIFY FOR DROP BOX AS ITS MORE THAN A YEAR YOUR LAST VISA EXPIRED.YOU WILL NEED TO APPEAR FOR INTERVIEW WHEN U APPLY.
SECONDLY, U DNT NEED TO TRAVEL TO AMERICA TO RENEW YOUR SON'S PASSPORT, IT CAN BE DONE AT THE AMERICAN CITIZENS SECTION OF THE US EMBASSY IN LAGOS OR ABUJA. SO ITS YOUR CHOICE
debrixxy:
A beautiful morning to you all. Wow! It's been ages since I made any comment. I need to ask a very important question, please help me out.
I gave birth 4years ago in Texas, through the help of wonderful people in this great group, but since then I've not gone back to the U.S. My son's Passport is expiring next year, what do I do? When is the best time to go and renew his Passport? Is there any other thing I need to do? Will not going there all these years affect my son or me? Plus my Visa got expired, how do i renew through Dropbox without going for an interview?(N/B: I'm still eligible for dropbox)
Your answers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance �

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Ebony84: 2:05pm On Apr 27, 2018
I used St Elizabeth in 2016. You can DM for details. Just be warned that they are not used to the whole cash paying thing. Be ready to do a lot of talking.

cindermum:
Please does anyone know any affordable hospital in Boston? Abeg my ppl don't jump and pass kiss kiss
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by cindermum: 2:42pm On Apr 27, 2018
Ebony84:
I used St Elizabeth in 2016. You can DM for details. Just be warned that they are not used to the whole cash paying thing. Be ready to do a lot of talking.

O thank youuuuuuuuu. Sent d mail please.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by yugotee: 2:51pm On Apr 27, 2018
Hello house,

Can one get an expedited appointment for childbirth since the next available date for visa appointment is almost after my wife's delivery. Has anyone been granted this for childbirth? If so, what process can I follow for this? I'll appreciate urgent response on this. Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by debrixxy: 3:11pm On Apr 27, 2018
amija:
FIRST, U DNT QUALIFY FOR DROP BOX AS ITS MORE THAN A YEAR YOUR LAST VISA EXPIRED.YOU WILL NEED TO APPEAR FOR INTERVIEW WHEN U APPLY.
SECONDLY, U DNT NEED TO TRAVEL TO AMERICA TO RENEW YOUR SON'S PASSPORT, IT CAN BE DONE AT THE AMERICAN CITIZENS SECTION OF THE US EMBASSY IN LAGOS OR ABUJA. SO ITS YOUR CHOICE

Oh Wow! Thanks a lot, I really appreciate this
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by AroOkigbo(m): 3:11pm On Apr 27, 2018
Aibisoye0:
Hello house, please help

Name of baby and date of birth are part of the information required...only after childbirth can you commence with the notary.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by freshdad: 4:09pm On Apr 27, 2018
In fact, this issue has blown so big I just wonder why we are who we are. The report says they (Canadian immigration) receive close to 250 person(mostly Nigerians) a day at the Quebec border and fear it would rise to 400 in the summer.

Nigerians are coming up with all sorts of stories to seek asylum in Canada and the land in New York and the next thing is they are at the border.

This now perhaps explains the refusals lately.
zoemummy:

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Silver2010: 5:18pm On Apr 27, 2018
I think you may be able to notarize if it's a scheduled C.section and you already have a fixed date. I booked the appointment online before my baby was born cos I already had a date. And besides they don't ask for birth certificate at notarization.
Aibisoye0:
Please house has anyone notorized document before birth. As I won't be going with DW any advise....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Ebony84: 5:29pm On Apr 27, 2018
Been hitting reply but it keeps bouncing..Do you want to share your e-mail address?

cindermum:

O thank youuuuuuuuu. Sent d mail please.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by adycatus: 6:01pm On Apr 27, 2018
Please a friend of mine got married to a man that lives in the US, the guy abandonded her and child since the past 6years now. Pls she wants to find out if there's a way someone can go to American Embassy here in Nigeria and lay complains?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by cindermum: 6:27pm On Apr 27, 2018
Ebony84:
Been hitting reply but it keeps bouncing..Do you want to share your e-mail address?

Thank u
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ibukunpops(f): 7:11pm On Apr 27, 2018
If you have an idea of possible delivery date, you can go ahead to schedule your husband for the appointment for a a day or two afterwards, as if you wait till after you put to bed, he might get a further date.

And if you dont get to deliver by them he can always reschedule.

All the best!

Aibisoye0:
Hello house, please help

(1) (2) (3) ... (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) ... (452) (Reply)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7

Viewing this topic: Papasexpress and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.