Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,522 members, 7,836,993 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:30 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 - Travel (58) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (1173165 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (453) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by chinybelle(f): 7:02am On Feb 20, 2018
I feel the dS 160 pulls out information based on who sponsors.
They want to know more if you are sponsoring.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 11:45am On Feb 20, 2018
chinybelle:
I feel the dS 160 pulls out information based on who sponsors.
They want to know more if you are sponsoring.
The form for males is different from the one for females regardless of sponsor or not. Even if they applied separate it would still be so
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by cindermum: 2:36pm On Feb 20, 2018
Hi All,

Please I need your advice. I made a mistake on my mum's DOB when I applied and now I want to apply for her to enable her assist me during my stay in d US . She has been to America a couple of times but not in the past 12yrs with her correct DOB. Now I have to give her my own visa page which would reflect when the consular checks that the DOB on her passport is diff from what I put down. What can I do please?

Thank uuuuuu kiss
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by lilyijitola(f): 3:04pm On Feb 20, 2018
hello ladies.... hope your day is moving on fine, please will like to know how POE experience at Philadelphia is it smooth as usual or sometimes difficult?
.... love to hear from you guys.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Micafe: 6:39pm On Feb 20, 2018
sorry I don't understand what you mean by this, kindly explain.
ozymes:
But, you will have travel history to the USquote author=Micafe post=65210214]
thanks, I just noticed there is no space for travel history on her app also.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Micafe: 6:42pm On Feb 20, 2018
please o, is the state or city in the address you are visiting automatically your port of entry? or one can select another state as entry point? because I didnt see anything like port of entry on the ds160 form. pardon my curiosity undecided
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ozymes: 7:48pm On Feb 20, 2018
Questions on whether you have visited the US before would be asked on the form. That is what i meant by US travel history
Micafe:
sorry I don't understand what you mean by this, kindly explain.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 8:07pm On Feb 20, 2018
Micafe:
please o, is the state or city in the address you are visiting automatically your port of entry? or one can select another state as entry point? because I didnt see anything like port of entry on the ds160 form. pardon my curiosity undecided
No you wouldn’t be asked point of entry , you’ll only be asked where you’re visiting( state, city, zip code etc).
Your point of entry is the state the flight you’re boarding to the USA touches down first, e.g you’re headed to ATL you fly BA and it touches down in JFK before proceeding to ATL, your point of entry is jfk

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Micafe: 9:25pm On Feb 20, 2018
thank you very much. I got it now. Let me get the visa first before asking further questions regarding that.
chloe00:

No you wouldn’t be asked point of entry , you’ll only be asked where you’re visiting( state, city, zip code etc).
Your point of entry is the state the flight you’re boarding to the USA touches down first, e.g you’re headed to ATL you fly BA and it touches down in JFK before proceeding to ATL, your point of entry is jfk
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ozycy: 10:24pm On Feb 20, 2018
Who has been able to book appointment of recent using GTB online? Have been trying unsuccessfully for the past few days. Is it from their side or there is something am not doing right ?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 11:13pm On Feb 20, 2018
Micafe:
thank you very much. I got it now. Let me get the visa first before asking further questions regarding that.
All the best with the application
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by bidrozey: 12:01am On Feb 21, 2018
lilyijitola:
hello ladies.... hope your day is moving on fine, please will like to know how POE experience at Philadelphia is it smooth as usual or sometimes difficult?
.... love to hear from you guys.
Am in Philadelphia but came in thro Newark Airport which seems OK. Which hospital do you plan using in Philly?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Msadesina: 2:29am On Feb 21, 2018
After my rant on nairaland about the responses I got from Nigeria immigrations on my baby's VOA request, someone reached out to me and gave me a contact to call. I was skeptical at first because those I reached out to were asking to be bribed. I was furious cos i didn't see the need to bribe anyone for a $190 visa that I will still be paying for. I lost hope completely in Nigeria

But fortunately someone who I've never met in that same immigrations assisted and got out the approval for me in 24hours without asking for a dime. There are still good people in government parastatals just that the bad have overshadowed them.

I honestly think the email request is a means of scamming people, approvals won't come till you're forced to bribe to get it out. Thank God for good souls out there

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ANIT1: 3:22am On Feb 21, 2018
No dear I doubt they intend to scam you by you sending a request maybe you got into the wrong hands, because a large number of us here have used that route with no problems atall provided you send it to the correct email address.

I honestly think the email request is a means of scamming people, approvals won't come till you're forced to bribe to get it out. Thank God for good souls out there [/quote]

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by semilore12: 8:00am On Feb 21, 2018
@Lorit, i accepted the request not sure you got it
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ozymes: 8:36am On Feb 21, 2018
Thank you for the positive feedback. You just made my day.We shall get there.
Msadesina:
After my rant on nairaland about the responses I got from Nigeria immigrations on my baby's VOA request, someone reached out to me and gave me a contact to call. I was skeptical at first because those I reached out to were asking to be bribed. I was furious cos i didn't see the need to bribe anyone for a $190 visa that I will still be paying for. I lost hope completely in Nigeria

But fortunately someone who I've never met in that same immigrations assisted and got out the approval for me in 24hours without asking for a dime. There are still good people in government parastatals just that the bad have overshadowed them.

I honestly think the email request is a means of scamming people, approvals won't come till you're forced to bribe to get it out. Thank God for good souls out there
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by lilyijitola(f): 11:43am On Feb 21, 2018
bidrozey:

Am in Philadelphia but came in thro Newark Airport which seems OK. Which hospital do you plan using in Philly?

my actual final destination is houston but cause of their wahala will like to come in through phili cause i have some friends their will like to see briefly, just want to know if coming through phili wount be too stressful since i will be declaring vacation and giving birth.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Ramj: 12:04pm On Feb 21, 2018
Ramj now in ChiTown. Chilling with Ramj Mrs awaiting the big day. Wedding anniversary yesterday was another good point.

11 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Christine77: 12:30pm On Feb 21, 2018
That’s nice! Regards to the madam. And congratulations in advance. Sleep all u can now o! �

Ramj:
Ramj now in ChiTown. Chilling with Ramj Mrs awaiting the big day.
Wedding anniversary yesterday was another good point.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Micafe: 5:39pm On Feb 21, 2018
I did yesterday and it was successful. it might be network
ozycy:
Who has been able to book appointment of recent using GTB online? Have been trying unsuccessfully for the past few days. Is it from their side or there is something am not doing right ?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Graced08(f): 7:35pm On Feb 21, 2018
[quote author=chloe00 post=65201333]
@chloe00 , please do you know any cheap hospital in Chicago say 3500-4000 dollars.thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 8:53pm On Feb 21, 2018
[quote author=Graced08 post=65262137][/quote]
I don’t know any, but if you read posts of mamas that had their babies there like nerfetitiram you’ll gain something.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Graced08(f): 9:12pm On Feb 21, 2018
Dior09:

It's hospital fee alone. You pay doctor and Pediatrician separately. Please note that you can pay the old price which is 2,750 and 3,950 respectively if you don't go with the new quotation.
@Dior09 , pls where is Oakbend located and what is the full estimate? Thank you mama
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Graced08(f): 9:13pm On Feb 21, 2018
chloe00:

I don’t know any, but if you read posts of mamas that had their babies there like nerfetitiram you’ll gain something.
Ok, thank you ma.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Graced08(f): 9:20pm On Feb 21, 2018
nefertitiram:

Pm me for accommodation in Chicago
@nefertitiram, please i need a cheap hospital in Chicago say like 3500-4000 dollars. Please help a sister. Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ozycy: 10:50pm On Feb 21, 2018
Micafe:
I did yesterday and it was successful. it might be network

Pls I need details on how you did yours. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Micafe: 7:22am On Feb 22, 2018
thank you.
chloe00:

All the best with the application
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by UserD(f): 11:26am On Feb 22, 2018
Hello Please i sent you a PM. Can you reply me. Thank you! and Congratulations!!

cutiep:
So we are back to give a tiny bit of what we have learnt from the house that silently assisted us in our first ever application for a US Visa.

Alert!!!!! Very long post...

Sometime in August after my DH and I found out I was pregnant, he came to this tread to enquire as to the best option to take in order to obtain a US visa for birth. We had the options of hiding the pregnancy, obtaining a Visa, using same for holiday purposes in DEC. And later for birth purposes in April. We were however advised by the member of the tread to come clean from the onset and declare real intent of the Visa. After so much prayers, preparation (we read and read and read all the readable on this tread), we got all our documents ready and we booked our appointment together for 8th Feb. 2018. 7:15am. I applied for B2 medical visa while my DH applied for B1/B2 visa. Below is a transcript of our interview.

VO: Good morning
Us: Good morning

VO: can I have your passport please
DH: sure hands them over

VO: what's ur purpose for travelling
DH: vacation
ME: I immediately chip in and say "I plan to give birth in the US" circling my obvious bump.

VO: what your relationship?
DH: she is my wife, we got married in April, 2017

VO: have you ever travelled out of Nigeria before?
DH: yes, in April to Dubai for our honeymoon (VO picks up one passport and flips through to confirm this) she then nods.

VO: okay, and what do you do?
ME: I work in bank ***.

VO: still looking at me for more information she asked again what does your job entails?
ME: I explain in details my job functions ***

VO: okay, how long have you worked there
ME: 6years in march (she looks at her computer and nods as though confirming the answer with what I filled on my DS160 form.

VO: look to DH and askes same question, what do you do?
DH: I am a human development consultant plus I also own an online paint consulting firm.

VO: smiles and says "that's a first for me" what does a human development consultant entail?
DH: launches into detailed explanation of his work...offering training for individuals, businesses, corporate etc on skills acquisition et al.

VO: DO you have any staff working for you?
DH: mostly freelancers paid on commission basis

VO: can I see your statement pls
DH: sure and passes part1 of the statement ( note that DH statement was quite bulky - about 1146 pages but we stapled them very neatly and placed each part neatly in labelled envelopes)

VO: looks through the first statement (dollar) and picks out a payment of USD25k paid in much earlier (Oct last yr) and withdrawn the next day. She asked who paid in this $25k?
DH: my sister, but it was for a purpose to assist her do something, it wasn't "dashed".
VO: smiles and says I know, dash never gets that high.

VO: flips through the naira statement and asked for part 2 of the statement,she randomly flips through and goes to the last page of the statement

VO: where did you do your most recent training?
DH:*** community

VO: how did you get paid?
DH: ***,*** & sales of materials.

VO: nods ( I am thinking she is correlating this with the very bulky statement of account)

VO: do you have a personal statement of account
DH: yes but I didn't bring it along cos I plan to use my business to fund the trip.

VO: how long have you worked as this?
DH: about 8 years

VO: but your statement shows that this account was opened in Sept, 2017
DH: yes, along the line, I had to switch and do something else. I only got back to doing this about a year ago, decided to register a new company and start afresh.

VO: so do you have a doctor yet?
ME & DH: yes and hands her the Dr correspondence (I carefully highlighted each conversation with the doctor and labeled it as 1st msg, 2msg etc so as not to stress the VO)

VO: carefully goes through the correspondence and asked what is your budget for this trip?
DH: 17k - 20k, I hand over the budget sheet.

VO: almost didn't look at it. Types, types,types
DH & I: silent prayer prayer prayer

Eventually, the VO looks ups at us, gathered our documents smiles and says keep all your documents and take them to the POE as your may need them......congrats your visa has been approved, hands us the white paper and dishes some info. Which in truth, I was too excited to recall.

DH & I: (big smile on our faces)Thank you.

VO: you may consider printing statement for smaller periods for the POE because what you have here today is overwhelmingly
DH: sure, thank you.

I was shocked, relieved as well as excited. I went out of the room and did a small dance shocked grin We wanted this so bad and it seems the odds were against us given that we hadn't gotten Visa before nows (virgin passports) and I was already pregnant. I thank God for this tread which assisted us make the right informed decisions.

LESSONS LEARNT:

1) NEVER EVER use an agent to fill your DS-160 form. Trust me, the form is pretty straight toward and there are some information that an agent might not put much thought to. But if you do it yourself you have all the right information in there and can't be thrown off balance.

2) Discovering this thread is one of the best things that can happen to a first timer. Don't go for the quick fix. Take time and read read read. You will become even more informed than the so called agents.

3) Truth is Paramount to these VO and in the entire process. We declared our true intention despite discouragement from family and we eventually proved them all wrong. We can go to the POE without any doubt or fears knowing that the truth has been told.

4) In situation like ours, its always best to go together. You never can tell what questions may come up. For instance if I was asked to explain in details what my husband does, I don't think I would have done such a good job as he did nor will I be able to remember the last community he trained vis versa.

I will be back shortly to give my smooth POE story IJN...

Now onto the next agenda, flight tickets...any houston based mum with good ticket deals for 2nd week in April? Kindly share.

Thank to my NL family and may God answer all our silent prayers. Amem...

N/B:
We took the under listed documents to the embassy
1) Doctors correspondence
2) budget sheet
3) Comprehensive bill from the doctor, covering Dr fee, Hosp fee etc
4) Appointment letter
5) DS- 160 confirmation page
6) My doctor's report
7) passport photographs ( same as what was used to complete the DS-160 form)
cool Bank reference from my employer
9) My salary account statement
10) My mutual funds statement of account
11) DH reference letter for account
12) DH bank statements
13) Marriage certificate and newspaper publication (We still bear single status on our passports)
14) Land documents (To prove ties back home)

We didn't print our GTBank receipt and that cost us precious time and money.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by RuthZiba: 11:31am On Feb 22, 2018
justwise:

Also to Seun for coming up with this forum and keeping it running 247

Hello good people,
pls I need your help.
Firstly, how long does it take to get booked for an interview after filling the form?
secondly, I intend to have my baby in Virginia but I have tried 3 hospitals and they all replied that they don't book appointments, that I should just come when I'm ready to have the baby. But I need hospital and doctors appointment(burden of proof) for the interview. Can anyone pls recommend a hospital an doctor where I could book ahead?

thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Mamatukwas: 12:18pm On Feb 22, 2018
Hi People,

Finally Got into Chicago few days back... Yup used thier POE smiley

1st thing... Didn't have a new doctors report since when I flew into U.K. Early February, so just wore a Big coat and prayed that nobody at the BA desk will ask me for Fit to Fly and fortunately they didn't.

Flew Heathrow to Chicago.. Got in by evening...very short line:

CBP: Hi. Passport pls. What are you hear for?
Me: Maternity Leave. I'm having my baby.
CBP: Oh. Do you have other kids? (As if e no dey see am for system tongue)
Me: Yes.
CBP: How Much did you come with today?
Me: $5,500 and I have my cards
CBP: Which hospital are you considering using?
Me: Currently, John H.S.
CBP: Well it's not a crime to give birth in the US. But we will need to confirm the cash. Come with me... na so she carry me go secondary inspection... Oh boy it was like a parry ova dia grin
The place was full with all shapes, Colours, sexes, nations, religions and sizes...

One black boy sitting next to me was shaking like who was waiting for his flight home sad... I sha sat down, commited every into God's hands and faces CNN. After about 40 mins they called me.

CBP: Do you know the rules about giving birth in the US?
Me: (Ha I tot we came to confirm cashsad ) I said yes.. Pay all your bills, no tax payers money. The guy said and? Me: That's all I know.
CBP: You don't know all the rules, let me go and get them... na so e waka go print am show.
CBP: Do you have insurance covering giving birth in America? Me: No I do not.
CBP: You are supposed to have! What if something happens to you or the baby that requires $100k to fix?? Are you telling me you will pay? Me: My understanding is that no matter how much your bill is be ready to pay. Worst case set up a payment plan but pay cash. CBP: Shakes head. Lol

CBP: Do you know what medicare is? Me: I have an idea. His Neighbour CBP: Said nope, you know, because you researched it and plan to use it. Me: I just started smiling really wide and said HOw? Neighbour CBP: Waka commot (His work there was done)

CBP: Looks at list- Do you have a referral for medical treatment here from a doctor in Nigeria? Me: No. CBP: Your supposed to have. Me: I don't have and then I keep quiet.

CBP: I see you've had 2 other kids in the US, so you just normally come to have your babies and go? Why the US?

Me: As I stated before (coz they had asked me this question when I came earlier in OCT) I have a condition called preeclampsia with all my kids, after loosing my 2 1st pregnancies my husband and I decided to go for better medical care... (wanted to add that US also gives dual citizenship but the guy had moved on)

CBP: So how much do you have with you today
ME: $5,500
CBP: That won't be enough for childbirth in the Us. Have you paid any medical bills prior to now? Me: No, however I was told when I visited the hospital that my bill would start from 5k up as a base figure. I and my husband work so sending me additional funds won't be an issue.
CBP: Which hospital told you 5k is the base fee:
ME: J.H.S
CBP: That's a terrible hospital! Why would you come all the way to use me J.H.S?
Me: Really? It's terrible? That's not what I heard? Anyway when I came in October it was the one that was most easily accessible.
CBP: Said no it wasn't, you must have researched it. ME: I kept quiet coz what he said was true about the research.
CBP: You are supposed to have all the cash for your medical treatment now... you are not ready. How do we know you can afford it.
ME: I've paid in full for accommodation, as I said this is just starter park funds, I've had 2 kids here and have always paid my bills.
CBP: Show me proof that you pay your bills. Me- Brings out reciept for 1st 2 payments...

Kai my hand is paining me.. smiley Let me rest small and come back for part 2. Someone send me Ayamase and very white rice in the mean time.. ayam hungry. Kilzes.
P.S- Forgive any typos.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 1:40pm On Feb 22, 2018
Mamatukwas wow! This part one was such an eventful one but thank God.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (453) (Reply)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.