Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,960 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:31 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 - Travel (60) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (1167167 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (452) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by peace004: 1:52pm On Feb 23, 2018
Good day every1 & God bless every1 who a contributed in dis forum.

My missionary journey is almost coming to an end but av little issues concerning infant ticket.

Pls 4 those mama's who use Delta airline from Houston Texas or who av an ideal should pls help out.

1) How much 4 Delta airline infant ticket .?

2) if I don't intend using card, Can I pay cash & will it b on the day of my departure or I can pay b4 my departure date.?

3) I av 2wks plus to spend here in Houston but I intend charging my departure date to a closer date like less dan a week , How much does it cost..?

4) Any direct contact to reach Delta airline online customers service or contact 4 infant ticket directly..?

God bless u all.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by iwuoahsamuels: 2:20pm On Feb 23, 2018
Good day Gurus in the house ,
Pls you guys should help me, I’m not directly affected by it’s my best friend and I planned to stay with her at her sisters place in Georgia. Her pregnancy is 1 week ahead of mine im 23weeks, I applied for medical visa last month and declared I’m pregnant and got 2 years multiple entry(I have shared my transcript), she applied and was at Abuja this morning for her interview and was denied. She applied as visitors visa (going for 2 weeks vacation) and used an agent , I advised her that I’m using DIY with Niaraland experienced minds as I couldnt afford an agent & wasn’t ready for all the drama that came with the pregnancy lies but she seemed to have gotten a hang of how to use visitors visa to gt it and didn’t want to discourage her but I gave my opinion anyways , she got denied this morning and first she’s my best friend- I can’t leave her hanging now moreso we planned free accommodation with her sister who’s a citizen (zero accommodation cost for me) so guys pls I need your counsel on how she should proceed to reApply, what ar her chances? Pls drop your 2 cents or steps you advise her to take to get it this time. Below is her transcript with her VO, where did you sense she missed it or where the VO made up her mind?

Me:
Good morning ma,how are you doing today?
Vo:I am fine
What are you going to do in the US?
Me:I am going on vacation for 2 weeks.
Vo:Do you have any contact in the US?
Me:Yes,my sister.
Are you planning to visit her on your vacation? Yes I would.
VO:When last did you see her?
Me:3 years ago when she came to Nigeria.
Vo:Exactly How long has she been in the US?
When did she move to Georgia?
Me:She's been there many years,not sure of the actual No's of years.
VO:She is a citizen.
Have you travelled before?
Me:Yes thrice to south Africa.
Do you have kids,are you married?
Me:No kids yet.
I am married.
Vo:Are you pregnant
Me:Yes I am,found out last week.
Vo:How many weeks?
7 weeks.
Vo:What does your husband do?
Me:He is ****
Vo:Ok thanks your visa is not approved.
Next time.
Your passport.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by franberry: 3:23pm On Feb 23, 2018
Please anyone here transited London to USA to have their baby? If yes,whats your story. Do I need a transit visa? Please
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Msadesina: 3:36pm On Feb 23, 2018
What I did was choose exactly a week after EDD as appointment date and thankfully baby arrived few days to EDD so we were safe. By the time i got the notarised form baby was 2weeks old. You might want to try that just to be safe

Tripletmom:
Hi house, please how soon can my DH book appt for notarized consent.
Edd is mid March .
Although, he went for visa interview last week but was denied, wants to reapply but available interview date is April 11 and that’s after my Edd.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Msadesina: 3:41pm On Feb 23, 2018
I sent to oa@nigeriaimmigration.gov.ng. I got the response that my husband and i have no link despite attaching my marriage certificate and court affidavit confirming the marriage. I even went the extra mile of attaching baby's passport. The more you see the less you know. You were lucky you got yours without issues, I know others who had to pay cos travel date is close. Well thank God I'm sorted now

ANIT1:
No dear I doubt they intend to scam you by you sending a request maybe you got into the wrong hands, because a large number of us here have used that route with no problems atall provided you send it to the correct email address.

I honestly think the email request is a means of scamming people, approvals won't come till you're forced to bribe to get it out. Thank God for good souls out there

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ANIT1: 3:51pm On Feb 23, 2018
Msadesina:

I sent to oa@nigeriaimmigration.gov.ng. I got the response that my husband and i have no link

Wow too bad..thank God your sorted anyways anything naija can’t be underestimated. Who ever received the mail you sent just wanted to use that as a means to ask for bribe cos my case too is similar had different names with hubby too.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by valeria: 3:55pm On Feb 23, 2018
ozymes:
Please, Please, Abeg, Biko, Joor. If you are still here in Naija without the e-mail correspondence, I strongly advice that you get it sorted out before you board your flight, in your own interest.

Thank you very much. I will contact other doctors for the correspondence, hope to find one soon
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ANIT1: 4:04pm On Feb 23, 2018
[quote author=iwuoahsamuels post=65310727]Good day Gurus in the house ,
Pls you guys should help me, I’m not directly affected by it’s my best friend and I planned to stay with her at her sisters place in Georgia. Her pregnancy is 1 week ahead of mine im 23weeks, I applied for medical visa last month and declared I’m pregnant and got 2 years multiple entry(I have shared my transcript), ewerview and was denied.

Well from my own view I think your friend is lucky cos she answered yes to the question if she’s pregnant so it won’t be difficult for her to come out clean when she reapply, but should be B2 this time around she should have all the necessary documentation backing medical visa then secondly the question about her sister wasn’t properly answered I feel she should have asked her sister all she needed to know regarding her citizenship in the US and how long she’s been in the US. So when next she should be able to answer all questions regarding her sister and her house hold correct

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by kristinbaby: 4:08pm On Feb 23, 2018
[quote author=Ddy2013 post=65295007]Hello house, an agent made a mistake filling married. I'm separated from my ex for years now and the case is still in court but i'm pregnant for some one else. And he is the one sponsoring my trip to birth in the US. What do i do as an interview date has been given and i can't have a court wedding while i'm still going through divorce process. So what do i do please?

Hmmm but you can get pregnant while going through divorce process. Anyway, fill another form and use the new ds160 number for your appointment. You can change the old ds160 number to the new ds160 number on your profile.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by covbrand(f): 4:39pm On Feb 23, 2018
Mamatukwas:
Hi People,

Finally Got into Chicago few days back... Yup used thier POE smiley

1st thing... Didn't have a new doctors report since when I flew into U.K. Early February, so just wore a Big coat and prayed that nobody at the BA desk will ask me for Fit to Fly and fortunately they didn't.

Flew Heathrow to Chicago.. Got in by evening...very short line:

CBP: Hi. Passport pls. What are you hear for?
Me: Maternity Leave. I'm having my baby.
CBP: Oh. Do you have other kids? (As if e no dey see am for system tongue)
Me: Yes.
CBP: How Much did you come with today?
Me: $5,500 and I have my cards
CBP: Which hospital are you considering using?
Me: Currently, John H.S.
CBP: Well it's not a crime to give birth in the US. But we will need to confirm the cash. Come with me... na so she carry me go secondary inspection... Oh boy it was like a parry ova dia grin
The place was full with all shapes, Colours, sexes, nations, religions and sizes...

One black boy sitting next to me was shaking like who was waiting for his flight home sad... I sha sat down, commited every into God's hands and faces CNN. After about 40 mins they called me.

CBP: Do you know the rules about giving birth in the US?
Me: (Ha I tot we came to confirm cashsad ) I said yes.. Pay all your bills, no tax payers money. The guy said and? Me: That's all I know.
CBP: You don't know all the rules, let me go and get them... na so e waka go print am show.
CBP: Do you have insurance covering giving birth in America? Me: No I do not.
CBP: You are supposed to have! What if something happens to you or the baby that requires $100k to fix?? Are you telling me you will pay? Me: My understanding is that no matter how much your bill is be ready to pay. Worst case set up a payment plan but pay cash. CBP: Shakes head. Lol

CBP: Do you know what medicare is? Me: I have an idea. His Neighbour CBP: Said nope, you know, because you researched it and plan to use it. Me: I just started smiling really wide and said HOw? Neighbour CBP: Waka commot (His work there was done)

CBP: Looks at list- Do you have a referral for medical treatment here from a doctor in Nigeria? Me: No. CBP: Your supposed to have. Me: I don't have and then I keep quiet.

CBP: I see you've had 2 other kids in the US, so you just normally come to have your babies and go? Why the US?

Me: As I stated before (coz they had asked me this question when I came earlier in OCT) I have a condition called preeclampsia with all my kids, after loosing my 2 1st pregnancies my husband and I decided to go for better medical care... (wanted to add that US also gives dual citizenship but the guy had moved on)

CBP: So how much do you have with you today
ME: $5,500
CBP: That won't be enough for childbirth in the Us. Have you paid any medical bills prior to now? Me: No, however I was told when I visited the hospital that my bill would start from 5k up as a base figure. I and my husband work so sending me additional funds won't be an issue.
CBP: Which hospital told you 5k is the base fee:
ME: J.H.S
CBP: That's a terrible hospital! Why would you come all the way to use me J.H.S?
Me: Really? It's terrible? That's not what I heard? Anyway when I came in October it was the one that was most easily accessible.
CBP: Said no it wasn't, you must have researched it. ME: I kept quiet coz what he said was true about the research.
CBP: You are supposed to have all the cash for your medical treatment now... you are not ready. How do we know you can afford it.
ME: I've paid in full for accommodation, as I said this is just starter park funds, I've had 2 kids here and have always paid my bills.
CBP: Show me proof that you pay your bills. Me- Brings out reciept for 1st 2 payments...

Kai my hand is paining me.. smiley Let me rest small and come back for part 2. Someone send me Ayamase and very white rice in the mean time.. ayam hungry. Kilzes.
P.S- Forgive any typos.

his dear how much does John H stroger charge now for normal delivery. had mine may last year it was 3200. don't know how much and I intend to go the year again.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Mamatukwas: 5:20pm On Feb 23, 2018
covbrand:

his dear how much does John H stroger charge now for normal delivery. had mine may last year it was 3200. don't know how much and I intend to go the year again.

I hear the price has doubled across board. So just x2.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by DJUde: 5:28pm On Feb 23, 2018
Hello good people of Nairaland.
Its been very rewarding following this thrend.

Pls, I got into Houston on saturday the 17th of this month and there was enough drilling at the POE as almost all the officers wanted to interrogate me followed by one who was practically threatening me with the fact that I borrowed the $10k dollars I had with me,, saying it is common with you Nigerians.

Please, now that I am here I have a question which I would sincerely appreciate if someone who had gone through same would assist with, my visa wasnt stamped in for any months or time. Please what do I do?

Please someone pls help as I am worried over this.

Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by OnJosh1: 6:16pm On Feb 23, 2018
Hello Sis, pls I need to send you a mail/pm. Pls it's urgent. I think I sent but you have to approve or something. Thanks

Msadesina:

I sent to oa@nigeriaimmigration.gov.ng. I got the response that my husband and i have no link despite attaching my marriage certificate and court affidavit confirming the marriage. I even went the extra mile of attaching baby's passport. The more you see the less you know. You were lucky you got yours without issues, I know others who had to pay cos travel date is close. Well thank God I'm sorted now

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Tripletmom: 6:36pm On Feb 23, 2018
Msadesina:
What I did was choose exactly a week after EDD as appointment date and thankfully baby arrived few days to EDD so we were safe. By the time i got the notarised form baby was 2weeks old. You might want to try that just to be safe

Alright,thanks ma
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Bussbee: 7:37pm On Feb 23, 2018
UserD:
Hello Please i sent you a PM. Can you reply me. Thank you! and Congratulations!!

Congrats!! I and my LO were denied 2day from the abuja embassy, though my DH dint apply with us. I also ve a virgin passport. Where did u apply.. Lagos or Abuja
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by AdomMum: 7:43pm On Feb 23, 2018
semilore12:
Thanks to everyone that has answered my questions. God bless you all.
Please any fresh POExperience at Washington dulles airport. Biko help oh
Please house i am also looking forward to a response on this request oo...God blesss you as you share!���

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by AdomMum: 7:46pm On Feb 23, 2018
Mamatukwas:

Oh boy no be small tin oh! But we thank God all ended well smiley
Congratulations Mamatukwas!!! God was indeed on your side...more testimonies ahead

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Babatwi: 8:14pm On Feb 23, 2018
DJUde:

Pls, I got into Houston on saturday the 17th of this month and there was enough drilling at the POE as almost all the officers wanted to interrogate me followed by one who was practically threatening me with the fact that I borrowed the $10k dollars I had with me,, saying it is common with you Nigerians.

Please, now that I am here I have a question which I would sincerely appreciate if someone who had gone through same would assist with, my visa wasnt stamped in for any months or time. Please what do I do?

Thanks
Most likely you were stamped in for 6months. To be on the safe side you can check it here https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/#/home

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Mamatukwas: 8:39pm On Feb 23, 2018
AdomMum:

Congratulations Mamatukwas!!! God was indeed on your side...more testimonies ahead

Amen! Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 8:41pm On Feb 23, 2018
DJUde:

Thanks
Check your I-94 , I’m sure it will be in the system but be sure how long you’ve been allowed to stay max
That’s how they are , something that I carried $2k from 4th till 20th of a month and I had accommodation they were telling me that’s too small, I didn’t know when I started laughing
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 8:47pm On Feb 23, 2018
[quote author=kristinbaby post=65313333][/quote]
Can we learn to stop judging others , she asked for advice offer advice as per the filling of form and every and leave her personal life out of it or rather jump and pass the question. She’s separated and all she needs is a decree nisi that can even come in tomorrow from the high court. Let’s learn to chill out sometimes
The folks in part one and two weren’t this judgmental

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by viara(f): 9:35pm On Feb 23, 2018
Good day everyone. I was denied visa last week. Declared my intent to birth. Sponsored self. Had all docs to back it up. Watch could have gone wrong. I intend applying next month. Please assist. Thank u
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ozymes: 9:41pm On Feb 23, 2018
So, where are you now?
DJUde:

Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ozycy: 9:48pm On Feb 23, 2018
iwuoahsamuels:
Good day Gurus in the house ,
Pls you guys should help me, I’m not directly affected by it’s my best friend and I planned to stay with her at her sisters place in Georgia. Her pregnancy is 1 week ahead of mine im 23weeks, I applied for medical visa last month and declared I’m pregnant and got 2 years multiple entry(I have shared my transcript), she applied and was at Abuja this morning for her interview and was denied. She applied as visitors visa (going for 2 weeks vacation) and used an agent , I advised her that I’m using DIY with Niaraland experienced minds as I couldnt afford an agent & wasn’t ready for all the drama that came with the pregnancy lies but she seemed to have gotten a hang of how to use visitors visa to gt it and didn’t want to discourage her but I gave my opinion anyways , she got denied this morning and first she’s my best friend- I can’t leave her hanging now moreso we planned free accommodation with her sister who’s a citizen (zero accommodation cost for me) so guys pls I need your counsel on how she should proceed to reApply, what ar her chances? Pls drop your 2 cents or steps you advise her to take to get it this time. Below is her transcript with her VO, where did you sense she missed it or where the VO made up her mind?

Me:
Good morning ma,how are you doing today?
Vo:I am fine
What are you going to do in the US?
Me:I am going on vacation for 2 weeks.
Vo:Do you have any contact in the US?
Me:Yes,my sister.
Are you planning to visit her on your vacation? Yes I would.

She should apply for medical visa and also should be able to answer questions concerning her sister.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ozycy: 9:49pm On Feb 23, 2018
viara:
Good day everyone. I was denied visa last week. Declared my intent to birth. Sponsored self. Had all docs to back it up. Watch could have gone wrong. I intend applying next month. Please assist. Thank u
Drop your transcript so as to know what went wrong

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by cindermum: 10:33pm On Feb 23, 2018
viara:

Only your transcript will help everyone here figure it out. Without that not sure u will get any response to what might have gone wrong.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by anizi(f): 10:59pm On Feb 23, 2018
Hello, please has anyone flown turkish airline from Nigeria while pregnant 32wks and above, if yes, do they accept porth health's fit to fly or must it be from my dr?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by debby516(f): 11:02pm On Feb 23, 2018
Hello sir/ma, pls i need some help on VOA. Sent u a pm, pls.
ozymes:
So, where are you now?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Msadesina: 11:44pm On Feb 23, 2018
I flew Turkish at 35weeks, they only accepted port health clearance. Didn't even look at the one from the doctors

anizi:
Hello, ple

ase has anyone flown turkish airline from Nigeria while pregnant 32wks and above, if yes, do they accept porth health's fit to fly or must it be from my dr?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ogemele(m): 12:50am On Feb 24, 2018
Pls has anyone done nig passport in atlanta in recent times?

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (452) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.