Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,785 members, 7,837,853 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 11:36 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 - Travel (70) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (1173546 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (453) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by MCareNetwork: 2:21pm On Mar 07, 2018
Vlesparza:

Your personal budget (expense) sheet does not have to be from a doctor or hospital but you should have some kind of documentation from your doctor or hospital that specifies the cost of the treatment otherwise there is no proof that the numbers on your budget sheet are correct. Ideally, provide an additional letter from any personnel at the hospital or clinic where you will be seen that includes prices and a contact phone where the officer can call in case he/she should have any questions or want to confirm the prices and/or your appointment.

Thank you for your response.
The applicant did have a list of pricing from the doctor’s clinic but wasn’t asked for that. Perhaps she could’ve been more “aggressive” and pushed back on the VO’s accusation, by producing that as justification for the numbers on the budget sheet.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by NIFES(f): 2:34pm On Mar 07, 2018
Ramj:
Hello Fam

Ramj Junior was born on Sunday. He came in weighing 8pounds 14ounces (about 4kg)

Ramj Mrs doing well and recuperating well from the eventual CS.

I give all Glory to God for it all.

Special shout out to @MsAdesina, @Mamatwukas, @Mom2015. Big hug from my family. From my heart I say that thank you.

Details will come later..... first time dad things.

On our way home now from the hospital.

God bless everyone on this thread and to those on the way of delivery, Safe delivery in Jesus name.

Je m'appelle Ramj

Congratulations sir.
God bless the new baby and keep him flourishing in Jesus name.
Swift recovery for the mum too.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Christine77: 3:27pm On Mar 07, 2018
Congratulations. However that means you will not be or rather should not use said visa for childbirth in the future right?
mamababies:
Hello house and well done, good job done to all who help out with application visas for birth and renewal!! . just to share my transcript @ abuja ;rewind 3yrs ago; i applied for vacation visa(B1\B2) with my kids, which i used for the purpose, then i later used it for birthing, now to renew my visa (b1\b2) for holiday march 2018 via Dropbox, i was asked to schedule a 221g and speak with the VO and my interview goes ( note this guy just kept refusing people while we stood in line) :
VO: hello goodmorning and passports (he was looking at the computer very carefully)
ME: hello and goodmorning
VO: what do i do for a living?
Me: I am an Accounts personnel with *** company
VO: How much do i earn?
ME: I told him the figure monthly ***
VO: what does your husband do and how much does he earn?
ME: I told him where he works and his monthly salary
me: he kept typing, but i suspected he was busy calculating the figures
VO; the last time you visited the states did you have the intent to give birth
Me: yes i did
VO; r you pregnant now?
ME: No
VO: Do you have intention to have a baby there?
ME: No
VO; Can i see receipts of payments made for child birth and also the birth certificate
Me: i gave him my doctor zero balance and receipt of payments, birth certificate for the child; he studied dis carefully and the total was $3,505 for the Doctors fees, i wanted to give him the hospital and baby receipts but he said no , i had a folder which was bulky cos i did now want any if i had known.
VO: i have approved your visa, go pick up.
i had relief written on my face smiley cheesy
i hope this will be of much help, no bank statement or budget sheet was asked for on this trip or my former trip.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by mamababies(f): 4:09pm On Mar 07, 2018
Christine77:
Congratulations. However that means you will not be or rather should not use said visa for childbirth in the future right?
Hi., this time i observed in the embassy its like they are real STRICT on visa(s) . I believe he wanted to see if i am sincere on not being pregnant and that would have been a different session of drilling grin (i.e finances and purpose for the visa) for the VO to base his decision; and yes: i have to apply for a medical visa if i need to use the visa for that purpose.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 4:44pm On Mar 07, 2018
My Birth and Passport Story

Baby has arrived...mummy and LO doing well....to God alone be the glory. Admitted on day 1 at 3am, discharged on day 3 at 11am.

Filled the NYC form for the birth certificate on the day I was discharged (day 3)...they said BC would come in the mail within 10 days. DH went to NYC vital stats office with money order and got 2 copies for $15 each plus $2.75 processing fee on day 9....no appointment required....just walk in. Details here:

http://www1.nyc.gov/site/doh/services/birth-certificates.page

Made an appointment with NYC passport office on day 9. Earliest slot was day 18...even with expedited travel plans!!! Not sure if you can show up without an interview. Details here:

https://passportappointment.travel.state.gov

DH was leaving before day 18, so he notarized the passport parental consent form with a local notary public in NYC.... he just googled notary public closest to us and went there. We didnt get SSN...filled zeros on the passport form and signed a declaration that we have not received SSN.

US passport was ready the following working day (day 21)....picked it up on day 22. Applied for Nigerian passport on day 21...followed the instructions on the immigration website. Credit cards can be used for payment but i bought a money order for $77 and mailed it using FedEx for next-day delivery to Innovate1 Services. Got payment confirmation and acknowledgement on day 22. Went for interview on day 23, *modified* got passport on day 25. Details:

http://www.nigeriahouse.com/newpassport.aspx

Bought Virgin Atlantic infant ticket over the phone...was earlier told in a response to my email to contact my travel agent...another time I called was told I needed to buy at the airport...called again and paid over the phone with a credit card!!! Why are airlines so inconsistent sometimes??!!

Birth certificate; $15 each plus; $2.75 processing fee (money order)
US Passport: $80 plus $25 acceptance fee and $60 expedited fee (money order)
Nigerian Passport: $77 (money order)
Hospital bills still being finalised to reconcile the deposit paid with the actual services enjoyed. Mount S takes 8 to 10 weeks so beware.

Super grateful to God for everything.

Learnt a lot here. Thanks to you all. My sibling kept asking how come I know so much about everything and didnt need to ask for info!!!

All the best to everyone for...upcoming interviews, POE crossings and birth. Blessings fall on you.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by valeria: 5:03pm On Mar 07, 2018
Please can someone direct on how to get to Port Health office at the airport? I want to quickly get there before joining the long queue.
Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Ojugunrege(f): 5:34pm On Mar 07, 2018
@ mamaron, congratulations! kiss

& Waoh!. ..thanks for the detailed account of the documentations.
where do you buy money orders? bank or post office?

and instead of money orders, don't they accept cards over their POS or even online?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ozymes: 5:37pm On Mar 07, 2018
Congratulations!!!
mamaron:

Baby has arrived...mummy and LO doing well....to God alone be the glory. Admitted on day 1 at 3am, discharged on day 3 at 11am.

Filled the NYC form for the birth certificate on the day I was discharged (day 3)...they said BC would come in the mail within 10 days. DH went to NYC vital stats office with money order and got 2 copies for $15 each plus $2.75 processing fee on day 9....no appointment required....just walk in. Details here:

Made an appointment with NYC passport office on day 9. Earliest slot was day 18...even with expedited travel plans!!! Not sure if you can show up without an interview. Details here:

DH was leaving before day 18, so he notarized the passport parental consent form with a local notary public in NYC.... he just googled notary public closest to us and went there. We didnt get SSN...filled zeros on the passport form and signed a declaration that we have not received SSN.

US passport was ready the following working day (day 21)....picked it up on day 22. Applied for Nigerian passport on day 21...followed the instructions on the immigration website. Credit cards can be used for payment but i bought a money order for $77 and mailed it using FedEx for next-day delivery to Innovate1 Services. Got payment confirmation and acknowledgement on day 22. Went for interview on day 23 for passport on day 25. Details:

Bought Virgin Atlantic infant ticket over the phone...was earlier told in a response to my email to contact my travel agent...another time I called was told I needed to buy at the airport...called again and paid over the phone with a credit card!!! Why are airlines so inconsistent sometimes??!!

Hospital bills still being finalised to reconcile the deposit paid with the actual services enjoyed. Mount S takes 8 to 10 weeks so beware.

Learnt a lot here. Thanks to you all. My sibling kept asking how come I know so much about everything and didnt need to ask for info!!!

All the best to everyone for...upcoming interviews, POE crossings and birth. Blessings fall on you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by YoungMetrosG(f): 6:02pm On Mar 07, 2018
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by captain90210(m): 6:34pm On Mar 07, 2018
Hello house, kindly help me review my transcript biko, so I can know where I went wrong.
captain90210:
Hello house, now I know how it feels to be denied something you feel you merited and out of the blues, you just get denied without proper scrutiny. With all I've read here, I was so sure to get my visa today, but nah nah nah. Our transcript goes thus with the white lady in window 9:

DH&DW: good morning
VO: can't even remember if she replied
VO: passports please
DW&DH: handed them over to her
VO: why are u going to the US
DH: explained oo, button line sha Vacation & Childbirth
VO: where in the US are you going
DH: el paso, Texas
VO: what do you do
DH: I'm a bleep, I own a company established in bleep, offering bleep Services
VO: how long are you staying
DH: 9 weeks
VO: have you contacted any doctor
DH: yes, explained by saying we've had correspondence with Doctores para ti and also mentioned the contact person and address bla bla bla
VO: how much did she say it'll cost you
DH: I was explaining in details hospital fee, obgy & pead amount, asked to show her the hospital correspondence & budget sheet, she declined
VO: how long have you been married
DH&DH: a year in bleep month, even said it's our anniversary month we would be giving birth
VO: turns to wifey: madam what do you do
DW: I'm a bleep at bleep
VO: how long av you been working there
DW: bleep years in bleep month
She's been typing intermittently all the while
VO: sorry!!!!!! You do not qualify to bla bla bla. Hands over the blue paper ooo

She didn't even ask for a single document to be checked. Shes issued blue paper to 2 previous applicants, and I never saw a white paper close to her or on her table. Like she was programmed there to issue blue paper all through. Gurus in the house, help me assess where as an applicant we have gone wrong. Would reapply and try again. So devastating sha.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by MadameW: 8:20pm On Mar 07, 2018
semilore12:
Give back session: My Mum's visa interview in Lagos yesterday (09.45am appointment) by a man:

While filling her form, Chicago was our intended destination. But plans have changed and we already submitted her form.

VO: Good morning
Mum: Good morning
VO: Why do you want to visit chicago?
Mum: Follow my daughter who is expecting a baby soon so i can assist her in taking care of the baby.
VO: Does ur daughter live in USA?
Mum: No, she lives here in Nigeria
VO: Does ur daughter have a visa?
Mum: Yes
VO: How many children do you have?
Mum: I have 4
VO: Is everyone of them in Nigeria?
Mum: Yes, they all live in NIgeria
VO: Is there any other person travelling with you?
Mum: Yes, another child of mine with his wife though i will be leaving with my daughter(My bro's wife will also be delivering same period)
VO: Have you ever travelled out of the country before
Mum: Yes
VO: Where
Mum: UK
VO: What was your motive for travelling to UK
Mum: This same daughetr of mine had her graduation then and invited me over for her graudtaion ceremony.
VO: Fine. Congratulations your visa is approved.

Despite all we packed for her, no single document was checked.In all, she was out around 10:50am. We bless God for all and thanks to this great family. I had to read various transcripts to prepare my mind and hers too. God bless you all.

Congratulations, DH’s interview was also smooth last week.
His transcript below:
Vo:good morning, can I your passport pls
DH: good morning, hands it over
VO: why are you going to the us?
DH: my wife is having a baby next month and I want to witness the birth.
VO: can I have a copy of your wife’s visa
DH hands it over to her
VO types, types, types... hands over the white paper. Pick up ur passport....and safe delivery

9 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Budding: 8:27pm On Mar 07, 2018
Details will come later..... first time dad things.

On our way home now from the hospital.

God bless everyone on this thread and to those on the way of delivery, Safe delivery in Jesus name.

Je m'appelle Ramj[/quote][/color]

[color=#006600]

Congratulations RamJ
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Chyjane87: 8:52pm On Mar 07, 2018
Hi peeps! Pls anyone with recent Houston and Atlanta port of entry experience? Looking at using houston or Atlanta POE.

Waiting for response plssss.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by YETI28: 8:52pm On Mar 07, 2018
Good evening house... Please is anyone in the US now coming to Abuja any time soon. Pls I would need your assistance pls..Thnks. Pls get back to me
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Budding: 9:03pm On Mar 07, 2018
Congratulations to you mamaron on the arrival of your little one...thanks for a the details...

quote author=mamaron post=65641575]My Birth and Passport Story

Filled the NYC form for the birth certificate on the day I was discharged (day 3)...they said BC would come in the ma
/quote][/color][color=#006600]

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 9:33pm On Mar 07, 2018
Ojugunrege:
@ mamaron, congratulations! kiss

& Waoh!. ..thanks for the detailed account of the documentations.
where do you buy money orders? bank or post office?

and instead of money orders, don't they accept cards over their POS or even online?

I got the money orders from the USPS United States Postal Service aka post office smiley They charge a small fee so if the money order is $77 you pay $79 or so.

The Nigeria consulate accepts credit/debit cards..you get re-routed to Innovate Services website which is a 3rd party that they have outsourced the payments to and the card payment can be done online....but the rules are so many...youll see the long list of dos and donts on the website e.g. the cards must be in the name of the applicant etc...i was nervous that my payment would not go through....so I didn't bother.

U.S. passport office accepts cards and cash (exact amount) as well as money order.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Testimonytime: 12:47am On Mar 08, 2018
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Doubledouble: 1:02am On Mar 08, 2018
sugah:

Hi. My nanny got her visa last year. She was 19 (looks a lot older) and also has issues with English although she isn't timid. I filled her form and signed myself ( at the end where they ask if the applicant filled the form by him/herself. I told her to request for a translator of her local dialect (Ibibio) when she gets into the embassy but she said she was still at the document check place when someone asked her language and scribbled it on her document.. So she automatically got an interpreter when she got to the VO.
I only gave her a copy of my visa page/ son's data page when she went in and she was placed on administrative processing and I was asked to bring her employment contract. So I drafted a cover letter stating how long she had been with me(6months), a testament of her character and that I'd be taking care of all expenses and also her employment contract showing her working hours and wages.

So she would need to request for an interpreter, give her your visa page, a cover letter and her employment contract.

Hi. Plz how long did it take to get your nanny's passport after submission?? I am in same dilemma now and my travel date is in 2.5weeks. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Jasmine08: 3:19am On Mar 08, 2018
Can you kindly state what the E-Mail correspondence should establish? I mailed Dr. F and he responded with an attached cost document. Is that enough evidence of correspondence or what else do I need please?
ozymes:
Please, Please, Abeg, Biko, Joor. If you are still here in Naija without the e-mail correspondence, I strongly advice that you get it sorted out before you board your flight, in your own interest.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Jasmine08: 3:55am On Mar 08, 2018
Please do I have to pay for an appointment to notarise like we did for interview?
decimator:
Ds 3053 is correct. Check the expiry date on the top right hand corner. Print and fill with black ink. Read the instructions before filling.Choose number 2. Request for notarial and other services.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by dere5: 5:43am On Mar 08, 2018
Jasmine08:
Can you kindly state what the E-Mail correspondence should establish? I mailed Dr. F and he responded with an attached cost document. Is that enough evidence of correspondence or what else do I need please?

Yes, if it's the same response I got from him some years back,where he gave a cost breakdown,then it should be enough to show as dr's correspondence.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ogemele(m): 6:40am On Mar 08, 2018
Congrats dear. Pls did you get the nig passport same day or it was mailed to you you on day 25?

mamaron:

US passport was ready the following working day (day 21)....picked it up on day 22. Applied for Nigerian passport on day 21...followed the instructions on the immigration website. Credit cards can be used for payment but i bought a money order for $77 and mailed it using FedEx for next-day delivery to Innovate1 Services. Got payment confirmation and acknowledgement on day 22. Went for interview on day 23 for passport on day 25. Details:

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by MCareNetwork: 6:47am On Mar 08, 2018
Jasmine08:

Did you send your medical records and a letter of transfer of care from your doctor in Naija to the doctor in the US? If you did, he would’ve responded by accepting your care. Did you pre-register with him/her? These are all evidence of correspondence in addition to them communicating pricing to you.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Chyjane87: 6:56am On Mar 08, 2018
Chyjane87:
Hi peeps! Pls anyone with recent Houston and Atlanta port of entry experience? Looking at using houston or Atlanta POE.

Waiting for response plssss.
Pls waiting dor response!!!!.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ozymes: 8:32am On Mar 08, 2018
How about document/correspondence stating his willingness or that you have an appointment with you?
Jasmine08:

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Jasmine08: 8:38am On Mar 08, 2018
I didn't send him records or letter of transfer, I'll get on that right away. I'm considering pre-registering with him. Thank you

MCareNetwork:

Did you send your medical records and a letter of transfer of care from your doctor in Naija to the doctor in the US? If you did, he would’ve responded by accepting your care. Did you pre-register with him/her? These are all evidence of correspondence in addition to them communicating pricing to you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by dere5: 9:13am On Mar 08, 2018
Doubledouble:

Hi. Plz how long did it take to get your nanny's passport after submission?? I am in same dilemma now and my travel date is in 2.5weeks. Thanks

When was the interview?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by dere5: 9:17am On Mar 08, 2018
Jasmine08:
Please do I have to pay for an appointment to notarise like we did for interview?

I guess it all depends on where you're doing it. Some people claimed they paid for it,while some others claimed it was done for free.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Thankful11011: 9:30am On Mar 08, 2018
Good day my people, I commend the wonderful work here, God bless all of us.
Pls I have an issue , I gave birth to my first child in the USA, now am about going for my second missionary journey in the next 2 months, the issue here is that my international passport still bares my maiden name, I was told that I might be stopped at the airport for child trafficking since I don't have the same surname with my child and the only solution is to make a new passport with my husband's name on it and my passport expires 2019, I was hoping to leave it till it expires, please is this true?, thanks as I await a response, God bless
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ozycy: 9:48am On Mar 08, 2018
Hello house, pls can someone go for interview with SCANNED COPY of Gtb payment receipt instead of the original one collected from bank?
Hello beautiful people. Someone should pls answer me
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Marylandmama: 9:52am On Mar 08, 2018
[color=]
Thankful11011:
Good day my people, I commend the wonderful work here, God bless all of us.
Pls I have an issue , I gave birth to my first child in the USA, now am about going for my second missionary journey in the next 2 months, the issue here is that my international passport still bares my maiden name, I was told that I might be stopped at the airport for child trafficking since I don't have the same surname with my child and the only solution is to make a new passport with my husband's name on it and my passport expires 2019, I was hoping to leave it till it expires, please is this true?, thanks as I await a response, God bless

[/color]

Just go with ur marriage certificate and change of name including ur child's birth certificate . At leastur name is on the birth certificate as the mother of the child. I traveled with my toddler armed with this documents and I didn't have any issue Wen asked to prove the relationship. Mind u my passport is still in my maiden name.

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (453) (Reply)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.