Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,814 members, 7,837,929 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 12:46 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 - Travel (71) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (1173559 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (453) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 10:14am On Mar 08, 2018
ogemele:
Congrats dear. Pls did you get the nig passport same day or it was mailed to you you on day 25?

I got it 2 days after...applied day 23...got it day 25.

I think same day is possible but the gentleman in charge of printing was not there the morning I went. Bcpump got her's same day though.

Bcpump:
......xxxxxx
I applied for nigerian passport last week Thursday, paid 77$ money order and went to the embassy yesterday for my appointment. passport was also ready as at the evening of the same day. Told them I was traveling immediately......xxxxxx.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Doubledouble: 10:16am On Mar 08, 2018
dere5:

When was the interview?

Interview was just yesterday. It was an impromptu decision to take her cos my cousin’s school plans changed. Unfortunately, I didn’t follow their work contract guidelines. My nanny said the vo went through all the documents thoroughly and said he is satisfied with all but the contract. So gave her a white 221g form requesting for the contract and another showing the guidelines. If only I knew the guidelines b4 hand�.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by MadameW: 12:21pm On Mar 08, 2018
Chyjane87:

Pls waiting dor response!!!!.

Hi came in through Atlanta some days ago and it was so bad. 1st guy asked why and in the us and for the money I had on me. Sent me to the 2nd guy to check my cash, 2nd guy was very nice... didn’t check the cash ... asked if I had a doctor and wished me safe delivery then sent me to agric cos I declared food. The guy at agric was the one that gave me a bit of issues...he asked for doctor’s correspondence, bank statements, my job, hubby’’s job, what we earn, who I’m staying with, what she does... he even said the bank borrowed me the dollars I got from them. I had to explain what PTA is to him. Finally, he asked me how I intend to access the cash in my dollar account �. Told him I have a dollar card, I can withdraw cash or do online transactions. At last, he he allowed me to go without even checking my bags *phew*

My advice, whatever POE you decide on, just be prepared for any questions.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by MadameW: 12:24pm On Mar 08, 2018
MadameW:

Hi came in through Atlanta some days ago and it was so bad. 1st guy asked why and in the us and for the money I had on me. Sent me to the 2nd guy to check my cash, 2nd guy was very nice... didn’t check the cash ... asked if I had a doctor and wished me safe delivery then sent me to agric cos I declared food. The guy at agric was the one that gave me a bit of issues...he asked for doctor’s correspondence, bank statements, my job, hubby’’s job, what we earn, who I’m staying with, what she does... he even said the bank borrowed me the dollars I got from them. I had to explain what PTA is to him. Finally, he asked me how I intend to access the cash in my dollar account �. Told him I have a dollar card, I can withdraw cash or do online transactions. At last, he he allowed me to go without even checking my bags *phew*

My advice, whatever POE you decide on, just be prepared for any questions.

*it wasn’t so bad*

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Tripletmom: 1:32pm On Mar 08, 2018
captain90210:
Hello house, kindly help me review my transcript biko, so I can know where I went wrong.

Sorry about d denial,i think u should consider ur DW to apply alone first den u can apply for urs later.
Am sure u r not goin to spend d whole 9 weeks also. Incase u stil want both of you to apply together,let d VO know u Wil b staying for bleep weeks n ur DW Wil b staying for bleep weeks.
You can expendite ur app date considering her EDD is in May.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by lolaemerald123: 2:58pm On Mar 08, 2018
Micafe:

I contacted Dr F too and I got this response regarding the appointment, or is it for someone that has the visa already?

A non-refundable fee of $200.00 is required to obtain an appointment date and letter prior to your arrival. You must provide your full names, date of birth as it appears on your passport and a possible date of arrival for the appointment letter. Such payment must be made by a friend, family member at our office or by wire transfer. Your Obstetrician's fee will be reduced by this amount upon arrival and registration less the receiving bank transaction charges.
. @raheemkeji, pls have u paid $200 or u are just going for the interview with only doctor's correspondence?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by lolaemerald123: 2:59pm On Mar 08, 2018
lolaemerald123:
. @Micafe, pls have u paid $200 or u are just going for the interview with only doctor's correspondence?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by lolaemerald123: 3:22pm On Mar 08, 2018
peace004:
Good day mama's & papa's,

Dis forum av been of help to me, been a reader since 2016 coming till date before I was married & pregnant now for first missionary journey for my first child, I have posted my B2 visa interview with V.O back in November.

In d spirit of giving back here is my POE story. "Lagos. - Atlanta - Houston". Pls did u pay $200 to dr fagbohun before u travel or u didn't make any payment tilol u got to USA

I flew Delta Airline @ 36wks 3days on 24th December, only went with fit to fly from my doctor..check in my bags & we took off 10:45pm 9ja time, I didn't eat dere food dey provided cos I bought Rice & chicken from d airport which I took along in d plan, landed in Atlanta 25th xmas day 5:30am Yankee time to join d line & was long waited till it got to my turn.

CBP: Merry xmas & ur Passport pls
Me: Merry xmas to u 2 d hand over my passport.
CBP: U ar Pregnant
Me: Yes
CBP: How old is ur Pregnancy
Me: 36wks
CBP: is dis ur first child
Me: Yes
CBP: How much cash do u Av with U
Me: $6k & $60 cash, av about $9k in my card beside dat my Dh is coming b4 my Edd
CBP: took me to sec & told one of CBP to examine me if he is okay with me.
Me: So I waited about 10mins & I was called
CBP: wat ar u going to Houston to do
Me: I said child birth & I notice d CBP was looking straight to my eyes directly so I did d same with a smile.
CBP: why do u want to birth in U.S
Me: d way he was looking @ me I notice he want make Odidi catch me lol but my confident speaks 4 it's self.
Me: U.S offer citizenship by birth, my child will b opportune 4 dual citizenship, U.S av good health care facilities & beside dat we can afford all expenses.
CBP: ooh okay, How much do u Av with u
Me: $6k & $60 cash, av $9k in my card, also my Dh will b joining b4 my EDD
CBP: he told me to place my finger @ d machine, took my finger print. Stamp me for 6months den put my PP in side a nylon took me to agric.
CBP agric: Wat food stuff do u Av in ur bags, as I was mentioning it den he cut me off asking if I av fresh meat & vegetable.
Me: No
CBP: you can go with ur bags, No bags where checked
Me: went straight to my connecting flight & landed Houston but when I went 4 my bag in Houston I notice my padlock in my travelling bags & Ghana must go was broken in fact dey tore d Ghana must go cos I taped it round @ Lagos airport but didn't mind till my host picked me & I got home checked my bags notin was missing but saw a letter from d immigration Houston airport put inside my bag dat dey searched it...imagine without my presents

All glory goes to God almighty & to all does who av contribute one way or d other...@Jenyjay I sight u.. God bless u all.

Went 4 my first appointment yesterday with Dr. F, Paid my OB/GYN fee, did several test with scan & was schedule for next week 4 second appointment.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by dere5: 3:25pm On Mar 08, 2018
lolaemerald123:
. @raheemkeji, pls have u paid $200 or u are just going for the interview with only doctor's correspondence?

The $200 he asked you to pay is for the correspondence that youll take with you for the interview, and it's to show some level of commitment and seriousness on your part and it will be deducted from your total bill when you get there,but if para adventure you don't get the visa it's bye bye $200 I assume since it's nonrefundable.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by dere5: 3:34pm On Mar 08, 2018
Doubledouble:

Interview was just yesterday. It was an impromptu decision to take her cos my cousin’s school plans changed. Unfortunately, I didn’t follow their work contract guidelines. My nanny said the vo went through all the documents thoroughly and said he is satisfied with all but the contract. So gave her a white 221g form requesting for the contract and another showing the guidelines. If only I knew the guidelines b4 hand�.
The sooner you submit the contract the sooner her passport will come out. Worse case scenario if the passport comes out late she can join you in the us as soon as it comes out.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Vlesparza: 3:49pm On Mar 08, 2018
captain90210:
Hello house, kindly help me review my transcript biko, so I can know where I went wrong.

Email correspondence is not enough at times, did you provide a personalized letter from the doctor accepting you as a patient?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by lolaemerald123: 4:01pm On Mar 08, 2018
tootush:
struggling to put a lot of things into places .Pls if you don't mind if i can send u a couple emails. Thanks in adv n Godbless
Hello ma'am, pls I need details on Oakbend bills and also did u pay the doctor any $200 before u travel.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by lolaemerald123: 4:04pm On Mar 08, 2018
dere5:

The $200 he asked you to pay is for the correspondence that youll take with you for the interview, and it's to show some level of commitment and seriousness on your part and it will be deducted from your total bill when you get there,but if para adventure you don't get the visa it's bye bye $200 I assume since it's nonrefundable.
. Ok thx have u paid yours and how? Is it wire transfer to the doctor or the hospital
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by lolaemerald123: 4:09pm On Mar 08, 2018
captain90210:
Please can u send me the contact email to ogunrindefoluso@gmail.com. thanks

. Pls do u habevemail of dis hospital
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by passionantchica: 4:28pm On Mar 08, 2018
How was the date written?
09/04/2018 or 04/09/2018?

I'm thinking you are mixing up the month with the day.

If it's 09/04/2018, it means you've been admitted till September 4, 2018.

MadameW:
Hi everyone, I just arrived Atlanta and discovered my passport wasn’t stamped and when I checked online I discovered I was stamped in till 9th April, which is before my due date. I declared childbirth both at my visa interview and at cbp. Please what do I do?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by lolaemerald123: 4:39pm On Mar 08, 2018
Babatwi:

Thank God you found this thread and you are well informed now.lying or concealing the pregnancy is not an option, Come clean at your interview even though your original application was for visiting tell the VO that you are pregnant and would like to birth in the US.Go with all the necessary documents eg Dr and hospital correspondence,statement of account etc. Read up here,it will help you a great deal.
Hello ma'am pls is doctor referral letter in Nigeria needed aside USA doctor correspondence
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by passionantchica: 5:27pm On Mar 08, 2018
My ATL POE transcript:

So I flew Qatar airways, and got into the states a few days ago.
POE was ATL.

CBP Officer that attended to me was a black guy, he didn't ask why I was in the states, his first question was
"Do you have your doctor's letters?" Yeah he'd noticed my bump...but then...how was he sure I wasn't just visiting lol.
I handed him the mail from my doctor's office.
He asked how much we had with us(DH and I)- told him $4,000 and another $4,000 in the card.

At this point, another CBP comes into his cubicle, and black CBP says to him "I actually need you right now" and he hands our passports to him.
He drops our passports in the blue bag and directs us to secondary inspection.

At secondary inspection, the CBP attending to us asks why we're in the states
"To have my baby"
"Do you have other kids?"
"Yeah"
"All born in the states?"
"No, only the previous child"
"Do you have receipts from that birth?"
"Yes" and I hand him all zero balances.
"....it's not illegal to have your kids in the US, just pay your bills.....yada yada yada..."

He checks our luggages, then tells us he will verify the last birth payments(in their system) and record that he has confirmed we paid all our bills. So that it is recorded in the system, and the only other verification we will need is for this pending birth.

The CBP officer had a very nice and professional disposition.
After confirming my previous birth payments, he wished us all the best, and had us on our way into ATL.

I really don't know why that small headed rookie CBP(that's what he looked like grin) passed us to secondary inspection, but I'm glad he did. Since it gave me the opportunity of having the last birth payments recorded.

*A little side note*
In Doha, when I was about to check through immigration for the 2nd leg of the trip, I was asked to wait back to see an immigration officer.
The officer basically asked why I was going to the states, if I knew how much it'd cost to have my baby in the state, how much I had on me, and he asked to see the letter from the doctor and hospital.
Then he read the "it's not illegal to birth in the US but pay your bills....."script. And I was cleared.

Also, if you are flying Qatar air, and you bought your ticket within the past few months(when their tickets were kind of discounted), be aware you won't be getting hotel accomodation. Whether you bought Economy Saver or Economy Promo tickets- all the same. No hotel lodging. I bought Economy Saver tickets and had to pay $125 in Nigeria to have hotel accommodation reserved for me. I should have just bought Economy promo tickets!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by dere5: 6:12pm On Mar 08, 2018
passionantchica:
My ATL POE transcript:

So I flew Qatar airways, and got into the states a few days ago.
POE was ATL.
Also, if you are flying Qatar air, and you bought your ticket within the past few months(when their tickets were kind of discounted), be aware you won't be getting hotel accomodation. Whether you bought Economy value or Economy saver tickets- all the same. No hotel lodging. I bought Economy Value tickets and had to pay about $60 in Nigeria to have hotel accommodation reserved for me. I should have just bought Economy saver tickets!

I'll be flying them in a couple of days. Pls how did you arrange the $60 hotel.Is it a proper hotel or lounge access. I'm very much interested in it.Will arrive Doha at mid night and leave 8am next morning,so I definitely need a place to sleep.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by passionantchica: 6:20pm On Mar 08, 2018
Oops!
That was a mix-up in there.
It was $125 dollars. I'll go edit my post.
I paid to the Qatar airways office in Lagos, as they said if I waited till I got to Doha, chances that I got a hotel room was low.

The hotel I got was the airport hotel- the Oryx Airport hotel.

Safe travels!

dere5:

I'll be flying them in a couple of days. Pls how did you arrange the $60 hotel.Is it a proper hotel or lounge access. I'm very much interested in it.Will arrive Doha at mid night and leave 8am next morning,so I definitely need a place to sleep.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by captain90210(m): 6:41pm On Mar 08, 2018
I'm considering the option of DW applying alone next tho, but I actually plan to stay the whole of the 9weeks because I have a business of my own, but I think the VO wasn't comfortable with this. I can shorten my stay the. If that gives us a better chance. Thanks for your time

Tripletmom:

Sorry about d denial,i think u should consider ur DW to apply alone first den u can apply for urs later.
Am sure u r not goin to spend d whole 9 weeks also. Incase u stil want both of you to apply together,let d VO know u Wil b staying for bleep weeks n ur DW Wil b staying for bleep weeks.
You can expendite ur app date considering her EDD is in May.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by captain90210(m): 6:51pm On Mar 08, 2018
Whilst I was breaking down the cost of obgyn, hospital and pead to her, I made an attempt to show her my personalized letter from the Doctor/hospital including budget sheet, she declined sighting it. Infact she didn't even check any document out from me.im hoping she isn't seeing the amount as too small? But that's what I got from Doctores Para Ti

Vlesparza:

Email correspondence is not enough at times, did you provide a personalized letter from the doctor accepting you as a patient?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by iwuoahsamuels: 6:56pm On Mar 08, 2018
Gurus pls how do I go about getting cheap ticket myself without using flight agency.
Pls post links that you know
Thanks a mill
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by captain90210(m): 6:58pm On Mar 08, 2018
No I don't have it

lolaemerald123:
. Pls do u habevemail of dis hospital
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by dere5: 7:00pm On Mar 08, 2018
passionantchica:
Oops!
That was a mix-up in there.
It was $125 dollars. I'll go edit my post.
I paid to the Qatar airways office in Lagos, as they said if I waited till I got to Doha, chances that I got a hotel room was low.
The hotel I got was the airport hotel- the Oryx Airport hotel.
Safe travels!

Thanks,$125 is more like it. Don't mind me o, my eyes lit up when I saw $60,I thought I had hit jack pot.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by adycatus: 7:19pm On Mar 08, 2018
Good evening everyone, pls i renewed my B1/B2 visa via drop box and used it for birthing and sent letter of intent b4 travelling and paid all my bills .

Now the visa is expired and i also renewed via drop box and was sent a mail today to come for interview.

Please i need advices.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Thankful11011: 7:39pm On Mar 08, 2018
Marylandmama:
[color=]

[/color]

Just go with ur marriage certificate and change of name including ur child's birth certificate . At leastur name is on the birth certificate as the mother of the child. I traveled with my toddler armed with this documents and I didn't have any issue Wen asked to prove the relationship. Mind u my passport is still in my maiden name.

Thanks for your response, will carry these docs u mentioned
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by iwuoahsamuels: 7:43pm On Mar 08, 2018
Good day Gurus
Pls refer me to link of previous posts where this question may have been answered or please answer me with the accurate response.

My husband will be in town (Houston) at delivery , what steps do we need to take get baby’s US and Nigeria passports and documentations asap after delivery as we will need to return home ASAP.
How much is the current estimated rates and how do we go about it and how long max does each take to be ready
Thank you for all your help
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Ojugunrege(f): 8:05pm On Mar 08, 2018
lolaemerald123:
Hello ma'am pls is doctor referral letter in Nigeria needed aside USA doctor correspondence

no it is not needed for the visa interview.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Vlesparza: 8:07pm On Mar 08, 2018
captain90210:
Whilst I was breaking down the cost of obgyn, hospital and pead to her, I made an attempt to show her my personalized letter from the Doctor/hospital including budget sheet, she declined sighting it. Infact she didn't even check any document out from me.im hoping she isn't seeing the amount as too small? But that's what I got from Doctores Para Ti

You should apply again as soon as possible. Sometime VO are unpredictable.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by lolaemerald123: 8:26pm On Mar 08, 2018
shadetwins:

Hi pls can i get Dr D and Dr F email address from you. i have searched online and have been unable to find it
Hello ma'am, pls can I have dr D email address. Thx
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Brownshoogah(f): 9:33pm On Mar 08, 2018
Thankful11011:
Good day my people, I commend the wonderful work here, God bless all of us.
Pls I have an issue , I gave birth to my first child in the USA, now am about going for my second missionary journey in the next 2 months, the issue here is that my international passport still bares my maiden name, I was told that I might be stopped at the airport for child trafficking since I don't have the same surname with my child and the only solution is to make a new passport with my husband's name on it and my passport expires 2019, I was hoping to leave it till it expires, please is this true?, thanks as I await a response, God bless

You do not need to get a new passport.... go with birth certificate, marriage cert and CONSENT letter from your husband stating that he is allowing you travel to (state location) with his child.... state everyone's passport number including his. always travel with a consent letter. Sometimes u might not be asked but better to be ready.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by afrobrown2000: 12:18am On Mar 09, 2018
thanks all was able to get an earlier date 12th of this month for notarial services...pls what exactly does this mean The PDF form DS-3053 must be printed and filled out using black ink
...1)should it be handwritten with a black ink or typed
...2) what other document and information should i carry along ...cant afford mistakes with this appointment slot...thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (453) (Reply)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.