Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:06 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 - Travel (87) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (1165671 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) ... (452) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Prettymi20: 7:38am On Mar 26, 2018
Goodmorning to all the wonderful people here. You have contributed a great deal and we all have learnt 1 or 2 things.
Please my question is
I have a valid visa that will expire in mid June, am planning to travel first week in June to stay till mid July. Some1 said I don't need to apply to renew the visa since they will stamp me in for 6 months that it's covers me even though the visa will expire.
Please how true is that?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by OmoBendel24: 8:09am On Mar 26, 2018
Prettymi20:
Goodmorning to all the wonderful people here. You have contributed a great deal and we all have learnt 1 or 2 things.
Please my question is
I have a valid visa that will expire in mid June, am planning to travel first week in June to stay till mid July. Some1 said I don't need to apply to renew the visa since they will stamp me in for 6 months that it's covers me even though the visa will expire.
Please how true is that?

True and possible, except that the "6 Months" part is not exactly correct nor mandatory, that is, even if it's standard and the norm, you could be stamped in for lesser time too depending on the CBP officer you get to meet and the circumstantial considerations....

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Eilenora: 9:08am On Mar 26, 2018
Thanks for all your responses.

Very much appreciated
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Thankful11011: 9:57am On Mar 26, 2018
Good morning my people, please I want to ask a question before I go ahead to book to my ticket, I had my first baby in HNWMC,paid all my bills and have my zero blances.I want to have my second in oakbend hospital, I want to book directly to houston but am worried because of how these Vos are refusing visa renewals based on the hospital bills is too cheap, I wanted to know if this will cause a problem at Houston POE( about cheap hospital bills), I also plan to pay for my hospital and doctor before I arrive, please what do you guys thinks, should I just book directly to houston or book to new york, thanksssssss
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Petdaughter: 10:53am On Mar 26, 2018
debby516:
Pls house, i am looking for an affordable pediatrician in houston. I have called a couple of them and all of them charge above $100 per visit for post delivery visit.

Pls, those who used oakbend, any recommendations?

Please which pediatrician did you use?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by tishat(f): 11:33am On Mar 26, 2018
I wrote an application to Nig immigration on VOA,i got a response that says "Received".

Is that the only response i should get or should i expect another with approval.

Someone please respond.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by AroOkigbo(m): 12:36pm On Mar 26, 2018
tishat:
I wrote an application to Nig immigration on VOA,i got a response that says "Received".

Is that the only response i should get or should i expect another with approval.

Someone please respond.

You are on track. ..very informal and unprofessional response!
Be patient and await a more formal communication which will have the VOA approval letter attached.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ozymes: 12:55pm On Mar 26, 2018
The received indicates that all requirements have been fulfiled!You should receive a mail with 2 attachments as your VOA approval letter latest within two days of your stated departure date. Download the attached letters and print same to take along for boarding and presentation at your POE in Nigeria.
AroOkigbo:

You are on track. ..very informal and unprofessional response!
Be patient and await a more formal communication which will have the VOA approval letter attached.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ozymes: 1:05pm On Mar 26, 2018
Remain calm. That is the procedure. Your approval letters will arrive within 48 hrs of your intended departure date as 2 attachments in an e-mail. Download and print same. Take along for your boarding and presentation at POE in Nigeria.
tishat:
I wrote an application to Nig immigration on VOA, I got a response that says "Received".

Is that the only response i should get or should i expect another with approval?

Someone please respond.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by tishat(f): 1:21pm On Mar 26, 2018
Thank you very much OZYMES

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Spatz81: 1:26pm On Mar 26, 2018
tishat:
Thank you very much OZYMES

Please what is the application procedure? what documents are required?

Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by AroOkigbo(m): 1:34pm On Mar 26, 2018
Spatz81:

Thanks.
FYI
https://immigration.gov.ng/visa-on-arrival/

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by debby516(f): 1:39pm On Mar 26, 2018
I think jw will pull d post down if i put the name here. Pm me.
Petdaughter:

Please which pediatrician did you use?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by debby516(f): 1:42pm On Mar 26, 2018
I dont think you should ve any issue at Houston POE for using Oakbend, they see alot of preggies who want to use Oakbend. HNWMC and Oakbend are the most popular hosps there and mostly used by foreigners.
Thankful11011:
Good morning my people, please I want to ask a question before I go ahead to book to my ticket, I had my first baby in HNWMC,paid all my bills and have my zero blances.I want to have my second in oakbend hospital, I want to book directly to houston but am worried because of how these Vos are refusing visa renewals based on the hospital bills is too cheap, I wanted to know if this will cause a problem at Houston POE( about cheap hospital bills), I also plan to pay for my hospital and doctor before I arrive, please what do you guys thinks, should I just book directly to houston or book to new york, thanksssssss
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ozymes: 1:43pm On Mar 26, 2018
Formal application letter showing the intended date of arrival, your Nigerian passport number, DW passport number, LO yankee passport number, intended POE in Nigeria, Airline, your Nigeria address. The letter should be signed . Scan the letter and attached along with a copy of your Nigerian passport data page, DW's data page, LO's yankee data page and LO's copy of Birth Certificate and send to the NIS e-mail address dedicated for VOA. keep Fit and Stay Blessed.
Spatz81:

Thanks.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Spatz81: 1:51pm On Mar 26, 2018
ozymes:
Formal application letter showing the intended date of arrival, your Nigerian passport number, DW passport number, LO yankee passport number, intended POE in Nigeria, Airline, your Nigeria address. The letter should be signed . Scan the letter and attached along with a copy of your Nigerian passport data page, DW's data page, LO's yankee data page and LO's copy of Birth Certificate and send to the NIS e-mail address dedicated for VOA. keep Fit and Stay Blessed.

Thanks a lot..

The letter is in no particular format right?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ozymes: 2:26pm On Mar 26, 2018
A formal letter of application
Spatz81:

Thanks a lot.

The letter is in no particular format right?

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Prettymi20: 3:06pm On Mar 26, 2018
Thanks alot for your response.

True and possible, except that the "6 Months" part is not exactly correct nor mandatory, that is, even if it's standard and the norm, you could be stamped in for lesser time too depending on the CBP officer you get to meet and the circumstantial considerations....[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by overlord77: 4:07pm On Mar 26, 2018
essyb2002:

Sorry to bother you,can I see or have an idea of the generic response given to you by the embassy when you informed them of your change of intent cos I've a B1/B2 visa and having a double mind about writing them an email

There is no use trying to stylishly get a sample letter. Send a mail to the embassy informing them of your change of intent. So many of us here have done same. I wonder what the double mind is about.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by semilore12: 4:12pm On Mar 26, 2018
Hello dere5, how was your trip. Please can you share your experience as regards the layover period in Doha
dere5:

Thanks,$125 is more like it. Don't mind me o, my eyes lit up when I saw $60,I thought I had hit jack pot.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by overlord77: 5:00pm On Mar 26, 2018
Prettymi20:
Please my question is
Please how true is that?

Yea, it's possible to stay for the period the CBP officer stamps you in; even though your visa expires during.

Read here
http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-gen-faq.asp#qlistgen14

Q.14 My visa will expire while I am in the United States. Is there a problem with that?
No. You may stay in the U.S. for the period of time and conditions authorized by the Department of Homeland Security officer when you arrived in the U.S., which will be noted on the I-94, even if your visa expires during your stay.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Mamatukwas: 6:04pm On Mar 26, 2018
Hi Guys,

Please does anyone know the timeline for express shipping from Nigeria to the US? DHL? Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Mamatukwas: 6:12pm On Mar 26, 2018
Mamatukwas:

Hi Guys,

Please does anyone know the timeline for express shipping from Nigeria to the US? DHL? Thanks.

For just a document.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Prettymi20: 6:35pm On Mar 26, 2018
Thanks a lot

Yea, it's possible to stay for the period the CBP officer stamps you in; even though your visa expires during.

Read here
http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-gen-faq.asp#qlistgen14

Q.14 My visa will expire while I am in the United States. Is there a problem with that?
No. You may stay in the U.S. for the period of time and conditions authorized by the Department of Homeland Security officer when you arrived in the U.S., which will be noted on the I-94, even if your visa expires during your stay.[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Jenny8935: 8:23pm On Mar 26, 2018
Good evening everyone. I have been a silent reader for about 2 months. DH and I went for our interview today but before I proceed let me give a brief history. DH and I applied for a B1/2 visa in July 2014. Had d interview in September 2014. Was asked if I was pregnant and said NO ( I wasn't). Was asked if I intended to receive medical care over there and said NO. Visa granted, traveled in October for the conference but returned last week of October with a missed period. DH and I felt we could use dsame visa for childbirth. Honestly had no clue about medical visa(thought B1/B2 covered all). Also had no idea about this forum or about a change of intent letter. So, started our search for Dr, hospital, got estimates and paid. FF to POE in May 2015, CBS asked why I was in the US and I innocently declared Childbirth (thought I was good to go) was asked why I lied at interview about d pregnancy (thats when I knew there was trouble) .... But told the CBP that I didn't lie cos I wasn't preggy at the time of interview. Asked if I notified d embassy and said NO cos I had no idea that I was to notify. Asked for my estimates, evidence of payment and Dr's appointment and statement which I showed and was stamped in for 6months (was lucky to have had the documents). Had LO mid June 2015. And left after another one month. Traveled again in Aug 2016 for family vacation with DH and 2 older kids and LO (who was 1 at the time). So visa got expired over a year ago and I am preparing for second missionary journey. That's when I came across this forum and have been reading like I am preparing for my final exams. So, got all my documents ready and nicely arranged (thanks to NL) including zero balances, itemized statements and receipts of payment etc, then scheduled my face interview.(applied for medical visa this time)
FF to today, 7am interview at Lagos.

VO: Good morning
We: Good morning
VO: Purpose of travel?
DH: Medical. DW and I are expecting our 4th baby and would like to have the baby in the US for a second time.
VO: Did you say second time?
We: Yes
VO: So, you have had a baby previously in the US?
We: Yes, our third baby
VO: when was the date of birth?
DH: 2016
Me: No,... June 2015
VO: In your last interview in 2014, you were asked if you were going to seek medical care in the US and you said NO, is that right?
We: Yes, but at that time we weren't seeking medical treatment and we were not pregnant. (told the truth like I did at the POE)
VO: Okay..... Types oh.....
VO: what was your budget at the last childbirth
DH: $7k for d delivery proper but over $11k total (excluding accommodation which was free)
VO: what's the budget for this delivery?
Me: a little above $15k including accommodation, would you like to see our budget sheet?
VO: No, if I need documents, I will let you know
VO: what do you do?
DH: (Bleep) with special interest in (bleep)
DW: (Bleep)... at (bleep)
VO: Okay, your visa has been approved..... Bla bla bla

Join me in thanking God for his mercies and for allowing the VO see through my truthfulness, innocence and openness. It really does pay to be truthful and open. All glory to God and thanks to you all. Not even one document sighted or asked for.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Zeemin3: 8:41pm On Mar 26, 2018
Congrats jenny.

quote author=Jenny8935 post=66181852]Good evening everyone. I have been a silent reader for about 2 months. DH and I went for our interview today but before I proceed let me give a brief history. DH and I applied for a B1/2 visa in July 2014. Had d interview in September 2014. Was asked if I was pregnant and said NO ( I wasn't). Was asked if I intended to receive medical care over there and said NO. Visa granted, traveled in October for the conference but returned last week of October with a missed period. DH and I felt we could use dsame visa for childbirth. Honestly had no clue about medical visa(thought B1/B2 covered all). Also had no idea about this forum or about a change of intent letter. So, started our search for Dr, hospital, got estimates and paid. FF to POE in May 2015, CBS asked why I was in the US and I innocently declared Childbirth (thought I was good to go) was asked why I lied at interview about d pregnancy (thats when I knew there was trouble) .... But told the CBP that I didn't lie cos I wasn't preggy at the time of interview. Asked if I notified d embassy and said NO cos I had no idea that I was to notify. Asked for my estimates, evidence of payment and Dr's appointment and statement which I showed and was stamped in for 6months (was lucky to have had the documents). Had LO mid June 2015. And left after another one month. Traveled again in Aug 2016 for family vacation with DH and 2 older kids and LO (who was 1 at the time). So visa got expired over a year ago and I am preparing for second missionary journey. That's when I came across this forum and have been reading like I am preparing for my final exams. So, got all my documents ready and nicely arranged (thanks to NL) including zero balances, itemized statements and receipts of payment etc, then scheduled my face interview.(applied for medical visa this time)

DH: Medical. DW and I are expecting our 4th baby and would like to have the baby in the US for a second time.
VO: In your last interview in 2014, you were asked if you were going to seek medical care in the US and you said NO, is that right?
We: Yes, but at that time we weren't seeking medical treatment and we were not pregnant. (told the truth like I did at the POE)
DH: $7k for d delivery proper but over $11k total (excluding accommodation which was free)
Me: a little above $15k including accommodation, would you like to see our budget sheet?

Join me in thanking God for his mercies and for allowing the VO see through my truthfulness, innocence and openness. It really does pay to be truthful and open. All glory to God and thanks to you all. Not even one document sighted or asked for. [/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ozymes: 9:27pm On Mar 26, 2018
Congratulations
Jenny8935:
Good evening everyone. I have been a silent reader for about 2 months. DH and I went for our interview today but before I proceed let me give a brief history. DH and I applied for a B1/2 visa in July 2014. Had d interview in September 2014. Was asked if I was pregnant and said NO ( I wasn't). Was asked if I intended to receive medical care over there and said NO. Visa granted, traveled in October for the conference but returned last week of October with a missed period. DH and I felt we could use dsame visa for childbirth. Honestly had no clue about medical visa(thought B1/B2 covered all). Also had no idea about this forum or about a change of intent letter. So, started our search for Dr, hospital, got estimates and paid. FF to POE in May 2015, CBS asked why I was in the US and I innocently declared Childbirth (thought I was good to go) was asked why I lied at interview about d pregnancy (thats when I knew there was trouble) .... But told the CBP that I didn't lie cos I wasn't preggy at the time of interview. Asked if I notified d embassy and said NO cos I had no idea that I was to notify. Asked for my estimates, evidence of payment and Dr's appointment and statement which I showed and was stamped in for 6months (was lucky to have had the documents). Had LO mid June 2015. And left after another one month. Traveled again in Aug 2016 for family vacation with DH and 2 older kids and LO (who was 1 at the time). So visa got expired over a year ago and I am preparing for second missionary journey. That's when I came across this forum and have been reading like I am preparing for my final exams. So, got all my documents ready and nicely arranged (thanks to NL) including zero balances, itemized statements and receipts of payment etc, then scheduled my face interview.(applied for medical visa this time)

Join me in thanking God for his mercies and for allowing the VO see through my truthfulness, innocence and openness. It really does pay to be truthful and open. All glory to God and thanks to you all. Not even one document sighted or asked for.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by dere5: 10:45pm On Mar 26, 2018
semilore12:
Hello dere5, how was your trip. Please can you share your experience as regards the layover period in Doha

Flight arrived Doha at 11:30 pm at night. Decided to pay $55 for access to use the lounge, instead of paying around $160 for the airport hotel. The lounge was ok,the only draw back with the lounge use is that it doesn't have sleeping arrangements (bed) but you can use the couch, you only have access to food,drinks and shower.
But I later found out the following day from some fellow naijas that we came from Lagos together that were also going to the us,that they spent the night is a quite room available at the airport for free.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 12:20am On Mar 27, 2018
You don't need to be rude over this.I said can I see or have an idea of wat the response is all about.what do you mean by stylishly getting a sample letter.If you can't be nice,jump and pass.you must not respond.

There is no use trying to stylishly get a sample letter. Send a mail to the embassy informing them of your change of intent. So many of us here have done same. I wonder what the double mind is about.[/quote]

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by darellone: 3:08am On Mar 27, 2018
Jenny8935:

Halleyah meji fun jesu...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by semilore12: 3:21am On Mar 27, 2018
dere5:

Flight arrived Doha at 11:30 pm at night. Decided to pay $55 for access to use the lounge, instead of paying around $160 for the airport hotel. The lounge was ok,the only draw back with the lounge use is that it doesn't have sleeping arrangements (bed) but you can use the couch, you only have access to food,drinks and shower.
thanks so much...i appreciate. Were you given meal vouchers or anything by qatar airways to ease your layover period? Apologies for my plenty questions oh smiley
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Silver2010: 3:42am On Mar 27, 2018
Hello Everyone, Pls can someone explain the whole notarisation process. DH will not be here when LO arrives and I understand I need his consent to process US Passport for baby. Also, with VOA do I still need to process a Nigerian passport here or will the US passport suffice?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) ... (452) (Reply)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.