Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,814 members, 7,827,987 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:48 PM

"Why Do We Celebrate Jesus Birthday When He Never Celebrated It?" - Daddy Freeze - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Why Do We Celebrate Jesus Birthday When He Never Celebrated It?" - Daddy Freeze (25267 Views)

Who Was The First Human To Celebrate Jesus? / Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, It Is Not Nimrod We Celebrate On Christmas Day / We Can't Celebrate Jesus Enough- Abdulrazaq Hamzat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Why Do We Celebrate Jesus Birthday When He Never Celebrated It?" - Daddy Freeze by dayowunmi(m): 11:45am On Dec 26, 2017
adetayo234:

Are you a real Christian or a fake one?

If you are a real Christian, what should form your opinions and determine your activities regarding the things of God if not the Holy Bible?
Am I a real Christian or a fake one? I have no answer for that seemingly childish question.
The bible should form my opinions and determine my activities... since u are so holy when last did u celebrated the Passover which is a celebration of when the angel of death bypassed the Israelites and killed the first born of the Egyptians? its written to celebrate it every year in the bible MR Real Christian and am sure I attached the bible passage in the comment u responded to. Also attached in my previous comment is Romans 14:5 and 6 which obviously validated Christmas but u ignored it for whatever reason best known to u. As for being a real Christian, its left to God to decide but am a Sunday Sch teacher and am sure I know one or two things about the bible. Read Romans 14:5,6 and respond with scripture too or just stop quoting me pls. Thanks and God bless. Merry Christmas in arrears by the way!
Re: "Why Do We Celebrate Jesus Birthday When He Never Celebrated It?" - Daddy Freeze by thorpido(m): 12:31pm On Dec 26, 2017
Sultan5:

Very nice but here's a quote from Wikipedia you will find interesting

"Although the month and date of Jesus' birth are unknown, by the early-to-mid fourth century the Western Christian Church had placed Christmas on December 25,[23] a date that was later adopted in the East.[24][25] Today, most Christians celebrate on December 25 in the Gregorian calendar, which has been adopted almost universally in the civil calendars used in countries throughout the world."

You will see that Christmas began somewhere in the fourth century years after the death of the apostles. And even if they(apostles) did celebrate the birth of Christ don't you think they would have made all other Christians do the same and they too there converts and children. If so the knowledge of the exact date of Jesus won't still be so lost? A food for thought.

And concerning the persecutions they faced it didn't stop them from engaging in the passover. How come it stopped them from celebrating His birth? Food for thought

For the bolded part that could be used to defend a lot of things. But you forget the part where the Bible warns not to add or subtract from it. And the argument could also be made that since it wasn't recorded it didn't happen. Cause I see no reason why something as big as the celebration of Christ birth won't be recorded or at least talked about? Even when Paul wrote to Timothy or the several churches not once did he mention it. Why not? Food for thought

As per the verse you put up there no one is judging anyone. You can celebrate Christmas all you want I will not kill or stone you for it. All is this is for you to show clearly that this celebration is Biblical and a doctrine from the Apostles themselves where we basically all our doctrines today. And not something a man brought up years ago just to convert pagans or make pagan converts more inclined to Christianity. When you celebrate Biblical holyday do anyone disturb you? Nope. Got a question just answer as a bonus do you observe the sabbath day?

@ bolded,yes I observe the sabbath day.
What is the sabbath day?For a Christian the sabbath day is EVERYDAY.
Knowledge for a Christian is revelational.To you the sabbath is one day abi?It was the Jews that had one day.Today,Christ Who is the Lord of the sabbath (Matt.12)dwells in us and the sabbath is everyday for us,so I observe the sabbath ..........EVERYDAY.

Again,I reiterate that celebrating birthdays was not the most important thing to the disciples then(not because it was not important),but they were under persecution and they had the mission of evangelism.
If you are looking to pick every Christian activity from the bible,you may not be able to practice Christianity.Take for instance dressing;the Jews had a dressing style,they kept beards and wore long gowns.Are you saying Christians have to be dressed that way too? That's why we have the Holy Spirit.He is our Guide.
The whole essence of Christmas is the celebration of His birth and that took place when He was born. People celebrated His birth.He had visitors who brought gifts.
Re: "Why Do We Celebrate Jesus Birthday When He Never Celebrated It?" - Daddy Freeze by thorpido(m): 1:09pm On Dec 26, 2017
Habyz:

I will take your advice sire and not generalize next time but as the person said the disciples of Jesus were under prosecution and might not have had the time to celebrate the birthday-which birthday! The one that was never reported in the bible? The person also said that not all the events of the life of Jesus Christ was recorded in the Bible, is that enough reason to celebrate it? Agreed you think that he is human and he must have a birthday but what's up with the Santa Claus part, the Christmas trees and stuff, what am I even saying you don't believe Jesus is human you guys believe he's God. I know I've generalized again but it is a fact I have to state.
I hope you don't perceive me as anti-Christian or anything, I have Christian friends and I am just an inquisitive person.
If indeed,Jesus was born and born as a man,then He must have a date if birth. Historically, no one kept that date.December 25th was chosen as a day to celebrate His birth?
Do you see something wrong with that?

1 Like

Re: "Why Do We Celebrate Jesus Birthday When He Never Celebrated It?" - Daddy Freeze by firestar(f): 1:16pm On Dec 26, 2017
xaggar:

Let me add something quite similar of which those who give in to the "Christmas celebration" can understand.

While Moses was up on the mountain receiving God’s laws, the people were getting anxious down on the plain. Moses spent forty days (Exodus 24:18) up on the mountain with God, and by the end of that time, the people were beginning to think Moses had died or left them. The people urged Aaron, their temporary leader, to make gods for them to follow. Since they were accustomed to having visual representations of gods, this was the natural (but sinful) result of their thinking. Aaron took their gold earrings, which they had brought from Egypt, and melted them down to make a golden idol. The idol he crafted for them was a calf, but Aaron maintained the name of the Lord in connection with it (Exodus 32:5). He was merging the pagan practices they were familiar with and the worship of the God they were just beginning to be re-acquainted with. Aaron called the people together and told them that the golden calf was the god who delivered them from Egypt. The people offered sacrifices and then engaged in pagan rituals, including orgies (Exodus 32:25) to worship this new god.

Why did Aaron do this? Scripture doesn’t give us the full answer, but we can put certain clues together and get a fairly good picture. First, the people’s long familiarity with idol worship would incline them to follow that method in the absence of clear direction otherwise. It is likely that the people had not yet received the commands against idol worship, since Moses was yet to come down with the tablets of the law. Second, they were already in the habit of merging their beliefs with those of the people around them, a practice that would continue to plague them throughout the kingdom years. Third, Aaron was faced with an unruly crowd that placed a demand on him. The solution of making an idol and calling it by God's name seemed fairly reasonable.

Why did he choose a calf/bull? His lame excuse to Moses—“It just came out of the fire like this!” Exodus 32:24)—was just a feeble attempt to dodge blame. He fashioned it with a graving tool (Exodus 32:4) and took great care to form it that way. Some have tried to show that the bull represented one of the gods of Egypt, but that doesn’t fit the text, because Aaron called a feast to the Lord (Yahweh) and said that it was the god(s) which brought them out of the land of Egypt. The bull was a symbol of strength and fertility, and the people were already familiar with bull gods from Egypt. Bulls were also typical animals of sacrifice, so to use their image as a symbol of the god being worshiped was a natural connection. Aaron’s bull was a mixture of the powerful God who delivered the people through mighty works and the pagan methods of worship that were borrowed from the people around them.

Even though there are reasonable explanations for why Aaron and the people began to worship the golden calf, those explanations do not excuse the sin. God certainly held the people accountable for their corruption (Exodus 32:7–10) and was ready to destroy them for their sin. Moses’ personal intercession on behalf of his people saved them. Moses indicated that Aaron at least should have known that his actions were sinful (Exodus 32:21) and didn’t let him off the hook. As with any other sin, the punishment is death, and the only proper response is repentance. Moses called for those who were on the Lord’s side to come stand with him (Exodus 32:26). The Levites stood with him and were commanded to go through the camp and kill anyone who persisted in the idolatry. Three thousand men were killed that day.

The above is all about religious syncretism (blending religious practices).
As Christians we should not mix our beliefs with that of the world (we are not a part of the world) no matter how sweet our reason may sound. We do not borrow ideas like we have some churches do; ritualistic repetition of prayers, masquerades in religious ceremonies etc.

In two words:

Exclusive Devotion.
Re: "Why Do We Celebrate Jesus Birthday When He Never Celebrated It?" - Daddy Freeze by adetayo234: 1:47pm On Dec 26, 2017
dayowunmi:

Am I a real Christian or a fake one? I have no answer for that seemingly childish question.
The bible should form my opinions and determine my activities... since u are so holy when last did u celebrated the Passover which is a celebration of when the angel of death bypassed the Israelites and killed the first born of the Egyptians? its written to celebrate it every year in the bible MR Real Christian and am sure I attached the bible passage in the comment u responded to. Also attached in my previous comment is Romans 14:5 and 6 which obviously validated Christmas but u ignored it for whatever reason best known to u. As for being a real Christian, its left to God to decide but am a Sunday Sch teacher and am sure I know one or two things about the bible. Read Romans 14:5,6 and respond with scripture too or just stop quoting me pls. Thanks and God bless. Merry Christmas in arrears by the way!

Mr. Unchildish, the blood of Jesus Christ cancels the Passover celebration. Passover is a sacrifice of blood and Jesus has been sacrificed for us already. That's why we celebrate Easter, our own day of Passover, the day that the blood of Jesus was shed for us as the blood of a sacrificial lamb. And "when I see the blood, I will pass you over." This time around, it is the blood of Jesus and not the blood of a lamb.

And you claim you are a real Christian? It is so obvious, with your pitiably shallow scriptural knowledge.
Re: "Why Do We Celebrate Jesus Birthday When He Never Celebrated It?" - Daddy Freeze by dayowunmi(m): 1:51pm On Dec 26, 2017
adetayo234:

Mr. Unchildish, the blood of Jesus Christ cancels the Passover celebration. Passover is a sacrifice of blood and Jesus has been sacrificed for us already. That's why we celebrate Easter, our own day of Passover, the day that the blood of Jesus was shed for us as the blood of a sacrificial lamb. And "when I see the blood, I will pass you over." This time around, it is the blood of Jesus and not the blood of a lamb.

And you claim you are a real Christian? It is so obvious, with your pitiably shallow scriptural knowledge.
okay sir
Re: "Why Do We Celebrate Jesus Birthday When He Never Celebrated It?" - Daddy Freeze by bezimo(m): 3:55pm On Dec 26, 2017
Habyz:

[b]How is it that your brain changes asking a question to "Christian condemnation"? [/b]He asked why Christmas is celebrated as the birthday of Jesus Christ when it was/is never in the bible and even Jesus never celebrated it?

How is it that your brain cant decipher the intent of his question. Smh..

1 Like

Re: "Why Do We Celebrate Jesus Birthday When He Never Celebrated It?" - Daddy Freeze by OgahBohz: 5:27pm On Dec 26, 2017
SAMBARRY:
YES and no

The thing is that we were indoctrinated from childhood that Jesus was born on December 25.we learnt it from our Sunday school teachers,from our peers,parents and other agents of socialization.basically we grew up thinking Jesus was born on December 25th from our pastors,media and society at large.but as we grew up,attained knowledge and understanding,read books and all we discovered it wasn't 25th as we were made to believe.we know this and December 25the for me is a day of rest and celebration with my family however with understanding that I'm just having a good family time not necessarily celebrating Jesus .

The point is there are somethings not worth arguing about.that's part of growing up.you discern what you should talk about and what should be ignored.there's no basis for his argument.it's like someone coming out to argue why do you have to go to work on weekdays and rest weekends.there's no point for the argument because we know it's an accepted world standard to work on week days.it's not every issue worth arguing about.

Even the bible said a wise man that talks too much begins to look stooped.a wise man is prudent with his words.because in the abundance of words,folly is displayed

Even if you know everything and have an opinion about everything,you keep it to yourself and divulge them when necessary.you don't turn yourself to a chatterbox and begin to talk endlessly.after sometime you loose your respect and people begin to see you as a nuisance.

If he as an individual doesn't believe in Christmas,that's fine.he has 2 options,it's either he shuts the fok up and go to work while others are at home or he sleeps.

u have a point, I agree with you, ..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Why Do We Celebrate Jesus Birthday When He Never Celebrated It?" - Daddy Freeze by Sultan5(m): 8:15pm On Dec 26, 2017
Habyz:

You said the bible called Jesus Christ God the creator, so how tmdo you differentiate from the "almighty"? If you don't reply me I'll understand the reason. Peace

Go through my posts again I clearly stated how the Bible differentiated dem. If you still don't see it well don't bother asking me to explain more. Like I said before, I have said my peace
Re: "Why Do We Celebrate Jesus Birthday When He Never Celebrated It?" - Daddy Freeze by Sultan5(m): 8:41pm On Dec 26, 2017
thorpido:
@ bolded,yes I observe the sabbath day.
What is the sabbath day?For a Christian the sabbath day is EVERYDAY.
Knowledge for a Christian is revelational.To you the sabbath is one day abi?It was the Jews that had one day.Today,Christ Who is the Lord of the sabbath (Matt.12)dwells in us and the sabbath is everyday for us,so I observe the sabbath ..........EVERYDAY.

Again,I reiterate that celebrating birthdays was not the most important thing to the disciples then(not because it was not important),but they were under persecution and they had the mission of evangelism.
If you are looking to pick every Christian activity from the bible,you may not be able to practice Christianity.Take for instance dressing;the Jews had a dressing style,they kept beards and wore long gowns.Are you saying Christians have to be dressed that way too? That's why we have the Holy Spirit.He is our Guide.
The whole essence of Christmas is the celebration of His birth and that took place when He was born. People celebrated His birth.He had visitors who brought gifts.

This your post just weak me I swear. I expected more to be honest. I gave you a couple of food for thought thinking you would addressed them one by one concretely but you are just displaying the dramatics I accused you of in the first post I quoted you. I mean the Sabbath day question was just a bonus question it didn't need all the attention you gave it? A simple yes would have done it.

For your second paragraph, brother I don't even know what to say again. I mean let me just humor you a little. Despite the said persecution they had churches in different locations who did the passover some even went overboard with it and drank theirself to stupor. This same people who celebrated the passover like there was no tomorrow couldn't celebrate Jesus birthday. Am just repeating myself really cause you didn't address any of the food for thought I gave you. You just read them without thinking it through then concluded they didn't matter its your way or the highway.

I don't really like discussions like this. I mean you could see in my last post how I addressed almost everything u said prior giving all your responses the respect of responding to them.

This is why I don't engage in this type of discussion anymore. Cause is very rare to see someone who will really listen to your points digest them critically and either counter them or agree with it. Don't bother quoting me cause am done with this discussion. Do yourself a favor read my last posts again and really digest it.
Re: "Why Do We Celebrate Jesus Birthday When He Never Celebrated It?" - Daddy Freeze by Habyz(m): 11:28pm On Dec 26, 2017
bezimo:

How is it that your brain cant decipher the intent of his question. Smh..

He is a Christian for goodness sake! Why would he condemn his own religion and still be a part of it? He asked a question about a status quo that isn't recorded in the Bible (the Christian holy book) and you call it condemnation. Since you already discovered the intent of his question would you be kind enough to enlighten me and every other person that would read this post, don't forget to answer the question asked - why is Christ's birthday celebrated when he never celebrated it or even recorded it in the Bible or any other history book?
Re: "Why Do We Celebrate Jesus Birthday When He Never Celebrated It?" - Daddy Freeze by Habyz(m): 11:44pm On Dec 26, 2017
thorpido:
If indeed,Jesus was born and born as a man,then He must have a date if birth. Historically, no one kept that date.December 25th was chosen as a day to celebrate His birth?
Do you see something wrong with that?
I see nothing wrong in celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ he was/is a great man but modern day Christianity allows us to believe that he is God, God as we all agree has no beginning or end so how is it that Jesus Christ has a birthday? Why isn't the date recorded or at least a given a mention in the bible?
Re: "Why Do We Celebrate Jesus Birthday When He Never Celebrated It?" - Daddy Freeze by bezimo(m): 5:03am On Dec 27, 2017
Habyz:

[b]He is a Christian for goodness sake! [/b]Why would he condemn his own religion and still be a part of it? He asked a question about a status quo that isn't recorded in the Bible (the Christian holy book) and you call it condemnation. Since you already discovered the intent of his question would you be kind enough to enlighten me and every other person that would read this post, don't forget to answer the question asked - why is Christ's birthday celebrated when he never celebrated it or even recorded it in the Bible or any other history book?

A man that insults and condemns men of God cannot be a christian. Impossicant. He is an agent of hell sent to confuse and distabilize the body of Christ using social media to propagate falsehood and deceive unsuspecting folks. Period.That a person doesnt identify as a muslim doesnt mean he is a christian. He may be a free thinker, idol worshipper and such as that.
The birth of Christ is significant to the redemption of mankind. His birth set the pace for everything we see happening in the kingdom of God and is worth celebrating. If Christians worldwide choose 25 December to celebrate Jesus Christ coming. Even heaven approves it. So no fake religious rascal can come and be yarning nonsense.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Why Do We Celebrate Jesus Birthday When He Never Celebrated It?" - Daddy Freeze by thorpido(m): 7:21am On Dec 27, 2017
Habyz:

I see nothing wrong in celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ he was/is a great man but modern day Christianity allows us to believe that he is God, God as we all agree has no beginning or end so how is it that Jesus Christ has a birthday? Why isn't the date recorded or at least a given a mention in the bible?
There's nothing like modern day Christianity.
Jesus came as the Spirit of God made man.Even the Quran testifies He came into being by the Spirit of God.The Spirit of God is God.
He was made man and like every man He had a birth and a birthday.
The question of not having a recorded date has to do with record keeping.
Even as Muslims,you do not have an original copy of the Torah despite the fact that you dispute the bible.
Re: "Why Do We Celebrate Jesus Birthday When He Never Celebrated It?" - Daddy Freeze by vaxx: 7:57am On Dec 27, 2017
Standardcosting:
Please let them know
potential boko haram sighted...... I am a traditionalist yet i dine with both Christian and Muslim during their festive period ......
Re: "Why Do We Celebrate Jesus Birthday When He Never Celebrated It?" - Daddy Freeze by Habyz(m): 11:01am On Dec 27, 2017
thorpido:
There's nothing like modern day Christianity.
Jesus came as the Spirit of God made man.Even the Quran testifies He came into being by the Spirit of God.The Spirit of God is God.
He was made man and like every man He had a birth and a birthday.
The question of not having a recorded date has to do with record keeping.
Even as Muslims,you do not have an original copy of the Torah despite the fact that you dispute the bible.
The Quran testifying that Jesus is God! Where did that one happen? As Muslims we don't follow the Torah we follow the Quran and nothing in the Quran has changed since it was revealed. The Jews use the Torah, get your facts right.
Re: "Why Do We Celebrate Jesus Birthday When He Never Celebrated It?" - Daddy Freeze by thorpido(m): 11:13am On Dec 27, 2017
Habyz:

The Quran testifying that Jesus is God! Where did that one happen? As Muslims we don't follow the Torah we follow the Quran and nothing in the Quran has changed since it was revealed. The Jews use the Torah, get your facts right.
Read what I wrote again,I didn't say the Quran says Jesus is God.I said the Quran testified the He was not born of natural birth and His Spirit was from God.That spirit was not the spirit of man but the Spirit of God.The Spirit that became man is God's Spirit.
What book can bear the truth about Jesus?The Quran?If the original Torah cannot give you truth about Jesus,is it the Quran that can do that?The testimony of Muhammed who never saw Jesus will be the truth about Jesus?
Don't dwell in deception.
Re: "Why Do We Celebrate Jesus Birthday When He Never Celebrated It?" - Daddy Freeze by Habyz(m): 11:16am On Dec 27, 2017
bezimo:

A man that insults and condemns men of God cannot be a christian. Impossicant. He is an agent of hell sent to confuse and distabilize the body of Christ using social media to propagate falsehood and deceive unsuspecting folks. Period.That a person doesnt identify as a muslim doesnt mean he is a christian. He may be a free thinker, idol worshipper and such as that.
The birth of Christ is significant to the redemption of mankind. His birth set the pace for everything we see happening in the kingdom of God and is worth celebrating. If Christians worldwide choose 25 December to celebrate Jesus Christ coming. Even heaven approves it. So no fake religious rascal can come and be yarning nonsense.
Heaven approves December 25th as the birthday of 'God' grin. Nawa o! I would love to know how heaven approved that.
I wonder why you turn against him because he is asking questions, he is no longer a Christian because he asked a simple question, If he were to be a Muslim people like you would waste no time to condemn the Islamic religion calling Muslims all sorts of names like terrorists, extremists, radicalists, murderers, paedophiles the lists are endless. Do yourself a favour and search for daddy freeze on Google to see his religious affiliation. If you cannot provide a reasonable answer to the question he asked then there's absolutely no reason to continue arguing.
Re: "Why Do We Celebrate Jesus Birthday When He Never Celebrated It?" - Daddy Freeze by Habyz(m): 11:32am On Dec 27, 2017
thorpido:
Read what I wrote again,I didn't say the Quran says Jesus is God.I said the Quran testified the He was not born of natural birth and His Spirit was from God.That spirit was not the spirit of man but the Spirit of God.The Spirit that became man is God's Spirit.
What book can bear the truth about Jesus?The Quran?If the original Torah cannot give you truth about Jesus,is it the Quran that can do that?The testimony of Muhammed who never saw Jesus will be the truth about Jesus?
Don't dwell in deception.
He wasn't born the natural way of course we all know of that. Is that enough reason to call him God? If the Bible doesn't know the truth about Jesus then why the hell do you follow it? The Quran never claimed to know everything about Jesus Christ nor did Muhammad(SAW) ever did.
Re: "Why Do We Celebrate Jesus Birthday When He Never Celebrated It?" - Daddy Freeze by thorpido(m): 11:39am On Dec 27, 2017
Habyz:

He wasn't born the natural way of course we all know of that. Is that enough reason to call him God? If the Bible doesn't know the truth about Jesus then why the hell do you follow it?The Quran never claimed to know everything about Jesus Christ nor did Muhammad(SAW) ever did.
Then why do you follow it?
The Bible says the truth about Jesus,it's the Quran that disputes it.The onus is on Muhammed/Quran to show us all what the original message of Jesus is.

A plant has a plant life,an animal has an animal life,a human,a human life.Jesus wasn't born with the human life.The Quran says by the Spirit of God.The Spirit of God can only be God.
Re: "Why Do We Celebrate Jesus Birthday When He Never Celebrated It?" - Daddy Freeze by Habyz(m): 12:05pm On Dec 27, 2017
thorpido:
Then why do you follow it?
The Bible says the truth about Jesus,it's the Quran that disputes it.The onus is on Muhammed/Quran to show us all what the original message of Jesus is.

A plant has a plant life,an animal has an animal life,a human,a human life.Jesus wasn't born with the human life.The Quran says by the Spirit of God.The Spirit of God can only be God.
The Quran doesn't claim to know everything about Jesus Christ, Muslims don't follow Jesus Christ is that hard for you to understand? You keep quoting the Quran yet you do not provide any chapter or even a verse why is that. You haven't answered any of my questions or the question asked by daddy freeze, please stop avoiding them.
Re: "Why Do We Celebrate Jesus Birthday When He Never Celebrated It?" - Daddy Freeze by Nobody: 12:53pm On Dec 27, 2017
Ireboya:
stop sayinq rubbish

Freeze is your mentor, understood.

But go search for wise mentors.
Re: "Why Do We Celebrate Jesus Birthday When He Never Celebrated It?" - Daddy Freeze by bezimo(m): 3:57pm On Dec 27, 2017
Habyz:

Heaven approves December 25th as the birthday of 'God' grin. Nawa o! I would love to know how heaven approved that.
I wonder why you turn against him because he is asking questions, he is no longer a Christian because he asked a simple question, If he were to be a Muslim people like you would waste no time to condemn the Islamic religion calling Muslims all sorts of names like terrorists, extremists, radicalists, murderers, paedophiles the lists are endless. Do yourself a favour and search for daddy freeze on Google to see his religious affiliation. If you cannot provide a reasonable answer to the question he asked then there's absolutely no reason to continue arguing.

On what basis was I arguing with you. For what? I see you are one of daddy freeze protegees. I don't debate irrational stuff. Daddy freeze is not worth my time to be searching online for him
Re: "Why Do We Celebrate Jesus Birthday When He Never Celebrated It?" - Daddy Freeze by Peacefullove: 4:00pm On Dec 27, 2017
majekdom2:
This guy is just ignorant. why do we celebrate Easter when he never celebrated it

grin grin Easter sef na watch . He no say make u do am ... love of meat and rice pass the love many of una get for Jesus
Re: "Why Do We Celebrate Jesus Birthday When He Never Celebrated It?" - Daddy Freeze by Peacefullove: 4:02pm On Dec 27, 2017
SAMBARRY:
Must you argue about everything

The country and the world generally observes it as a public holiday.yes we know Jesus wasn't born on December 25th but it's a day of rest,family time and bonding with your loved ones,reflecting over the achievements and mistakes of last year and planning ahead of next year

We actually know it's a pagan festival of nimroids birthday and nothing to do with Jesus however the Christiandom adopted December 25.if you don't want to celebrate it then go back to work while others are relaxing at home or entertainment centres

O , Boy na this level Xtianity don dey , How can u celebrate a persons birthday on the wrong date ? e make sense ? grin
Re: "Why Do We Celebrate Jesus Birthday When He Never Celebrated It?" - Daddy Freeze by Peacefullove: 4:03pm On Dec 27, 2017
emusmithy:
So Freeze's followers who were with him against TITHING are not at variance with him now that he is touching their sensitive part, 'Christmas'

MhizzAJ and co. I'm watching you guys from above.

Moral Lesson: People naturally support anyone that supports their beliefs. Anything other than that, OYO!

- APPLICATION FORM to be a Sheeple is out cheesy

freeze dey talk sense , Both Christmas and fraud 21st century tithe na big 419
Re: "Why Do We Celebrate Jesus Birthday When He Never Celebrated It?" - Daddy Freeze by Peacefullove: 4:08pm On Dec 27, 2017
nikky5:
This man is not a christian and never was. If was ever a christian he should be a Church goer or an apostate. He should be ignored.

What you said doesn't make a single sense, the guy speak with references . here u are , having None
Re: "Why Do We Celebrate Jesus Birthday When He Never Celebrated It?" - Daddy Freeze by Peacefullove: 4:14pm On Dec 27, 2017
Ferisidowu:

I actually thought he was wise .... but this particularly shows he is enemy of gospel

and that is coming from Ferisidowu , u can imagine!

Show me what is wrong in the question he asked ?
Re: "Why Do We Celebrate Jesus Birthday When He Never Celebrated It?" - Daddy Freeze by Peacefullove: 4:16pm On Dec 27, 2017
tete7000:

There are many people that don't deserve attention. Freeze and his gangs are example. People who just want cheap popularity. How does it affect him what others chose to celebrate. Last time I checked, Jesus himself don't go around poking his nose into others businesses. Just learn to ignore his types, answering them give them attention they crave for. It doesn't worth your time and energy.

for your info, Yeshua was casting woes upon the pharisees and Scribes for their various traditions that ain't in accordance with the law .

so don't talk nonsense here to stay relevant
Re: "Why Do We Celebrate Jesus Birthday When He Never Celebrated It?" - Daddy Freeze by Peacefullove: 4:27pm On Dec 27, 2017
dabossman:

My brother, they are the ones of whom it is said "the letter killeth". Modern day Pharisees and Sadducees, criticizing people who are worshipping Christ in spirit and in truth. No different from the ones who tried to stone the woman caught in adultery in their self-righteous indignation.
woman caught in adultery and Jesus said whoever has no sin among you should cast the first Stone grin grin , for your mind

Fake story
Re: "Why Do We Celebrate Jesus Birthday When He Never Celebrated It?" - Daddy Freeze by Nobody: 4:32pm On Dec 27, 2017
Peacefullove:

and that is coming from Ferisidowu , u can imagine!

Show me what is wrong in the question he asked ?

you must have thought me perfect, anyways I'm not ... he didn't ask because he didn't know he asked so as to get Christians entangled in their words ,,,, he was judgemental ,,,, Paul said that those who have better understanding are not to bring stumbling block before others which he did ... .

he acted as if he didn't see Colossians 2:16
Therefore, let no one judge you in matters of food and drink or with respect to a festival, a New Moon, or Sabbath days.

new moon , festivals aren't they of pagan descent too don't pagans observe new moons and festivals ,,, then why Judge Christians for that ,,,, didn't the Bible say all things are lawful but not all things are expedient ,,, celebrating Christmas may not be lawful to him but it both lawful and expedient to millions of Christians out there who knows what Christ did....

if he judges for us celebrating Christmas,,,, he isn't the one that acquits us,,, let Jesus do the judging.... he didn't even try to educate us ... he wanted to judge as if he knows the gospel....

thanks Sir ,,,,

though I'm not perfect
Re: "Why Do We Celebrate Jesus Birthday When He Never Celebrated It?" - Daddy Freeze by thorpido(m): 4:36pm On Dec 27, 2017
Habyz:

The Quran doesn't claim to know everything about Jesus Christ, Muslims don't follow Jesus Christ is that hard for you to understand? You keep quoting the Quran yet you do not provide any chapter or even a verse why is that. You haven't answered any of my questions or the question asked by daddy freeze, please stop avoiding them.
You don't get.I never said muslims follow Jesus. I said the Quran doesn't have the truth about Jesus.

I answered that earlier.

Okay I will and I hope you have the grace to understand.
Firstly,the disciples of Jesus faced a lot of persecution after the birth of Jesus.You should know most of them were eventually killed. Tell me which party/birthday will people under persecution and always fleeing be doing?
Secondly,not every event is recorded in the bible.It didn't mean they could not have occurred.
Finally,Col.2:16 says,let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days.
If you understand the above Scripture,you understand all.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Pope Francis Appoints Peter Chukwu Bishop For Abakaliki Catholic Diocese (Photo) / Mummy G.O: There’s A Code In Sperm Which Demons Can Use To Access Your Destiny / Leke Adeboye Places IG Account On Private After Attempting To Resurrect Member

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.