Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,968 members, 7,810,682 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:15 PM

Oneplus Starts Rolling Out Android 8.0 Oreo Update To Oneplus 5 Users - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Oneplus Starts Rolling Out Android 8.0 Oreo Update To Oneplus 5 Users (8990 Views)

TECNO CAMON 20 Series To Roll Out Android 14 Beta / Whatsapp Starts Rolling Out Picture-in-picture (PIP) Mode For Android Users / Official List Of Infinix Smartphones To Receive Android 8 Oreo Update And Date (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oneplus Starts Rolling Out Android 8.0 Oreo Update To Oneplus 5 Users by Reediano(m): 11:10am On Dec 25, 2017
After testing and rolling out two Android 8 Oreo beta builds to few owners, Oneplus has officially started rolling out the stable version of the android 8 Oreo update to Oneplus 5 users. The new update which is the OxygenOS 5.0 is based on Android 8.0 Oreo is currently being rolled out to all users across the world.
[img]http://1.bp..com/-mSq4RHCinNU/WkDMmsvjeoI/AAAAAAAATxM/OZ-8aMAI2dsWydSXxddt5638eEm4YmiNQCLcBGAs/s1600/yomitech.com_OxygenOS-5.0-for-OnePlus-5.jpg[/img]

According to Oneplus, the new update features a better optimized Launcher for Shelf, as well as a new option that will allow users to upload their photos through Shot.

The camera app has also received a new UI design and optimization for better photo quality and new beauty effect for portrait mode. A new “Place” tab for viewing photos on a map has been added too, along with new history and alarm calendar features for the Calculator and Clock, respectively.

Below are some of the newly added features and improvements of the android 8.0 Oreo based OxygenOS 5.0 for Oneplus 5.

>> Added Parallel Apps feature
>> New design for Quick Settings
>> New design for Lift up display
>> Added “Adaptive model" screen calibration
>> Optimizations for Wi-Fi
>> Optimizations for Battery Saver

>> Updated Android security patch to December

Note that the update is being rolled out as an OTA and might take a few days before you receive it depending on your region. Make sure you have a strong WiFi network and your phone is charged or plugged into the power outlet before you go ahead with the update.

http://www.yomitech.com/2017/12/oneplus-5-starts-receiving-oxygenos-Oreo.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oneplus Starts Rolling Out Android 8.0 Oreo Update To Oneplus 5 Users by dommezatti: 10:22pm On Jan 04, 2018
I received my Android O in my OnePlus 5T early today. Really excited to test it's latest features. Test DPC
Re: Oneplus Starts Rolling Out Android 8.0 Oreo Update To Oneplus 5 Users by cooldipo1(m): 7:23am On Jan 05, 2018
They are not so popular around here yet!

1 Like

Re: Oneplus Starts Rolling Out Android 8.0 Oreo Update To Oneplus 5 Users by thonyokun(m): 7:25am On Jan 05, 2018
How much is the phone?

1 Like

Re: Oneplus Starts Rolling Out Android 8.0 Oreo Update To Oneplus 5 Users by Nobody: 7:25am On Jan 05, 2018
Okay. smiley
Re: Oneplus Starts Rolling Out Android 8.0 Oreo Update To Oneplus 5 Users by noobody(m): 7:26am On Jan 05, 2018
Update has been pulled due to bugs,wait for another new update coming in few days time
Re: Oneplus Starts Rolling Out Android 8.0 Oreo Update To Oneplus 5 Users by kings09(m): 7:26am On Jan 05, 2018
How does dis help wit d fuel situation in 9ja.

Soon android 9.0 will soon come out. So wats d hype about latest OS as if it will make fones cough out money
Re: Oneplus Starts Rolling Out Android 8.0 Oreo Update To Oneplus 5 Users by bamdly(m): 7:27am On Jan 05, 2018
angry
Re: Oneplus Starts Rolling Out Android 8.0 Oreo Update To Oneplus 5 Users by thesettingz(m): 7:28am On Jan 05, 2018
Oneplus or onecorner

When is infinix note 4 rolling theirs out?

4 Likes

Re: Oneplus Starts Rolling Out Android 8.0 Oreo Update To Oneplus 5 Users by chijioke17(m): 7:30am On Jan 05, 2018
How much is the phone
Re: Oneplus Starts Rolling Out Android 8.0 Oreo Update To Oneplus 5 Users by AishaBuhari: 7:31am On Jan 05, 2018
thonyokun:
How much is the phone?
chijioke17:
How much is the phone
200k plus smiley
Re: Oneplus Starts Rolling Out Android 8.0 Oreo Update To Oneplus 5 Users by sauceEEP(m): 7:34am On Jan 05, 2018
No update notification here....
Re: Oneplus Starts Rolling Out Android 8.0 Oreo Update To Oneplus 5 Users by Ajawuihevictor(m): 7:35am On Jan 05, 2018
Got the update for 3T early last month.

Re: Oneplus Starts Rolling Out Android 8.0 Oreo Update To Oneplus 5 Users by symbianDON(m): 7:36am On Jan 05, 2018
oneplus is a MAJOR international phone manufacturer from China. Oneplus and Xiaomi are major world-class phone manufacturers and their phones aren't cheap. Currently they have phones that are giving Samsung and Apple a run for their money!

8 Likes

Re: Oneplus Starts Rolling Out Android 8.0 Oreo Update To Oneplus 5 Users by Lakeshizu(m): 7:43am On Jan 05, 2018
kings09:
How does dis help wit d fuel situation in 9ja.

Soon android 9.0 will soon come out. So wats d hype about latest OS as if it will make fones cough out money
must you quote our problem for the world to see

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oneplus Starts Rolling Out Android 8.0 Oreo Update To Oneplus 5 Users by whixstan(m): 7:45am On Jan 05, 2018
ONEPLUS na phone nee!!!!!
Re: Oneplus Starts Rolling Out Android 8.0 Oreo Update To Oneplus 5 Users by kings09(m): 7:45am On Jan 05, 2018
Lakeshizu:
And wat exactly r u hiding ?
Re: Oneplus Starts Rolling Out Android 8.0 Oreo Update To Oneplus 5 Users by GrandMufti: 7:46am On Jan 05, 2018
Ok
Re: Oneplus Starts Rolling Out Android 8.0 Oreo Update To Oneplus 5 Users by valgbo(m): 7:53am On Jan 05, 2018
OnePlus 5t is the most powerful phone ever

2 Likes

Re: Oneplus Starts Rolling Out Android 8.0 Oreo Update To Oneplus 5 Users by Preciousojoka(m): 7:59am On Jan 05, 2018
Wow. Great.
Re: Oneplus Starts Rolling Out Android 8.0 Oreo Update To Oneplus 5 Users by Olawalesadiq(m): 8:03am On Jan 05, 2018
Lakeshizu:
true talk
Re: Oneplus Starts Rolling Out Android 8.0 Oreo Update To Oneplus 5 Users by gbugbru(m): 8:34am On Jan 05, 2018
It's actually one of the phones you can get in place of other expensive and too fragile phones. The phone cost 500 EUR
When converted to naira it goes for 219000.

Lead-way Tech offers you services on phones such as sales, way bill, repairs etc. Will be coming up with the specification.

Re: Oneplus Starts Rolling Out Android 8.0 Oreo Update To Oneplus 5 Users by adefes(m): 8:49am On Jan 05, 2018
New update Android 8.0 with 5.01 is out.

Re: Oneplus Starts Rolling Out Android 8.0 Oreo Update To Oneplus 5 Users by brainycaleb(m): 9:40am On Jan 05, 2018
lol, I'm already using Android 8.1 on my old Samsung Galaxy S5, Lineage OS 15.1. check it out...

Re: Oneplus Starts Rolling Out Android 8.0 Oreo Update To Oneplus 5 Users by paradigmshift(m): 9:40am On Jan 05, 2018
beast phone. bad assss. dope phone
Re: Oneplus Starts Rolling Out Android 8.0 Oreo Update To Oneplus 5 Users by mfm04622: 10:02am On Jan 05, 2018
whixstan:
ONEPLUS na phone nee!!!!!

Better phone sef
Re: Oneplus Starts Rolling Out Android 8.0 Oreo Update To Oneplus 5 Users by vacanci: 10:10am On Jan 05, 2018
dommezatti:
I received my Android O in my OnePlus 5T early today. Really excited to test it's latest features. Test DPC

please where can i buy it direct in nigeria apart from Jumia where one has to pay in advance and wait for ever to get it because it takes time shipping from overseas
Re: Oneplus Starts Rolling Out Android 8.0 Oreo Update To Oneplus 5 Users by vacanci: 10:12am On Jan 05, 2018
adefes:
New update Android 8.0 with 5.01 is out.

please where can i buy it direct in nigeria apart from Jumia where one has to pay in advance and wait for ever to get it because it takes time shipping from overseas
Re: Oneplus Starts Rolling Out Android 8.0 Oreo Update To Oneplus 5 Users by vacanci: 10:12am On Jan 05, 2018
gbugbru:
It's actually one of the phones you can get in place of other expensive and too fragile phones. The phone cost 500 EUR
When converted to naira it goes for 219000.

Lead-way Tech offers you services on phones such as sales, way bill, repairs etc. Will be coming up with the specification.

Re: Oneplus Starts Rolling Out Android 8.0 Oreo Update To Oneplus 5 Users by Nobody: 10:26am On Jan 05, 2018
I ditched Samsung for thiz
My last phone was the alpha and s7. But now I don't have the 5t yet. But I have the 5.anf damn that phones is fast. Infact it is the fastest phone in the world right now. Apart from 5t of course. 5t face I'd is da bomb

Re: Oneplus Starts Rolling Out Android 8.0 Oreo Update To Oneplus 5 Users by vacanci: 10:37am On Jan 05, 2018
CHESTER48:
I ditched Samsung for thiz
My last phone was the alpha and s7. But now I don't have the 5t yet. But I have the 5.anf damn that phones is fast. Infact it is the fastest phone in the world right now. Apart from 5t of course. 5t face I'd is da bomb

(1) (2) (Reply)

Google Pixel Is The Best Phone. / 8 Simple Ways To Care For Your Phone / Etisalat Introduces Special Recharge Voucher For Data

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.