Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,004 members, 7,845,244 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 02:09 PM

Where Was Jesus From Age 12-30? What Was He Up To? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Was Jesus From Age 12-30? What Was He Up To? (1356 Views)

Predicted Dates Of The Second Coming Of Jesus From The 1st Century / ⚫Trinity.. God The Father, God The Son, God The Holy Spirit Rose Jesus From Dead / When Was Jesus Truly Born? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Was Jesus From Age 12-30? What Was He Up To? by Writs: 11:37am On Dec 25, 2017
Where was Jesus Christ from age 12-30?
What was he doing?
Where is the record of such a being of divine significance through those years?

If any clergy, G.O. pastor, prophet, apostle, evangelist, or any Christian or non-christian know, kindly answer with reasonable practical, verifiable scriptural reference/s. Not response based on sentiment, imagination, deduction, interpretation, etc. Limit response only to direct scriptural texts from the bible as written, in quotes preferably.

Enquiring minds would like to know.

Thank you.

Happy yuletide.
Re: Where Was Jesus From Age 12-30? What Was He Up To? by hisgrace090: 11:47am On Dec 25, 2017
In his town, waiting for the appointed time of his manifestation as the son of God.
Re: Where Was Jesus From Age 12-30? What Was He Up To? by sonofluc1fer: 11:55am On Dec 25, 2017
He was having fun.

Smoking weed,chasing women, taking care of sheep,doing what young Israeli kids did in his time.

He must have been popular; being the only one amongst your peers born of a virgin ain't no joke. Jesus must have been the cool kid.. God in human flesh, a teenager with all of Israel at his feet. He knew no Kelechi, Yetunde or Okorite. He came to save the lost sheep of Israel.

At 30, he decided to become more responsible; poverty and being broke is the fastest way a man can find his destiny.... Today, the Okorites, Kelechis,and Yetundes celebrate him and his Virgin mom. Ramen.

4 Likes

Re: Where Was Jesus From Age 12-30? What Was He Up To? by correctguy101(m): 12:08pm On Dec 25, 2017
sonofluc1fer:
He was having fun.

Smoking weed,chasing women, taking care of sheep,doing what young Israeli kids did in his time.

He must have been popular; being the only one amongst your peers born of a virgin ain't no joke. Jesus must have been the cool kid.. God in human flesh, a teenager with all of Israel at his feet. He knew no Kelechi, Yetunde or Okorite. He came to save the lost sheep of Israel.

At 30, he decided to become more responsible; poverty and being broke is the fastest way a man can find his destiny.... Today, the Okorites, Kelechis,and Yetundes celebrate him and his Virgin mom. Ramen.

See ehn, you have a special place in hell.... undecided

Incase Michael Jackson and Fela and 2pac and my dear Notorious BIG dey run show there, keep seat for front for me and tell Satan say I dey come tongue

1 Like

Re: Where Was Jesus From Age 12-30? What Was He Up To? by sonofluc1fer: 12:45pm On Dec 25, 2017
correctguy101:

See ehn, you have a special place in hell.... undecided

VIP things. They'd probably make me a god there. Sad all the sheeple will be in heaven.
Re: Where Was Jesus From Age 12-30? What Was He Up To? by Nobody: 1:37pm On Dec 25, 2017
Writs:
any Christian or non-christian know, kindly answer with reasonable practical, verifiable scriptural reference/s. Not response based on sentiment, imagination, deduction, interpretation, etc. Limit response only to direct scriptural texts from the bible as written, in quotes preferably.
You are asking the impossible.

The simple truth is, the Bible does not speak about those years, except saying he grew in grace and spirit. That's all. If you want to know, either you allow people use logic deduction and external sources, to back their opinions, or you just forget it, as nobody can create a bible verse that does not exist.

3 Likes

Re: Where Was Jesus From Age 12-30? What Was He Up To? by MuttleyLaff: 3:54pm On Dec 25, 2017
Writs:
Where was Jesus Christ from age 12-30?
What was he doing?
Where is the record of such a being of divine significance through those years?
If any clergy, G.O. pastor, prophet, apostle, evangelist, or any Christian or non-christian know,
kindly answer with reasonable practical, verifiable scriptural reference/s.
Not response based on sentiment, imagination, deduction, interpretation, etc.
Limit response only to direct scriptural texts from the bible as written, in quotes preferably.

Enquiring minds would like to know.

Thank you.

Happy yuletide.
41Now his parents went to Jerusalem every year at the feast of the passover.
42And when he was twelve years old, they went up to Jerusalem after the custom of the feast.
51And he went down with them, and came to Nazareth, and was subject unto them:
but his mother kept all these sayings in her heart.
52And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favour with God and man

- Luke 2:41-42, 51-52

23And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli,
- Luke 3:23

13At that time Jesus came from Galilee to the Jordan to be baptized by John.
14But John tried to prevent Him, saying,
“I need to be baptized by You, and do You come to me?”
15“Let it be so now,” Jesus replied.
“It is fitting for us to fulfill all righteousness in this way.”
Then John permitted Him.

- Matthew 3:13-15

14Jesus returned to Galilee in the power of the Spirit,
and the news about Him spread throughout the surrounding region.
15He taught in their synagogues and was glorified by everyone.
16Then Jesus came to Nazareth, where He had been brought up.
As was His custom, He entered the synagogue on the Sabbath. And when He stood up to read,
20Then He rolled up the scroll, returned it to the attendant, and sat down.
The eyes of everyone in the synagogue were fixed on Him,
21and He began by saying,
“Today this Scripture is fulfilled in your hearing.”
22All spoke well of Him and marveled at the gracious words that came from His lips.
“Isn’t this the son of Joseph?” they asked.

- Luke 4:14-16, 20-22

12When Jesus heard that John had been imprisoned, He withdrew to Galilee.
13Leaving Nazareth, He went and lived in Capernaum, which is by the sea in the region of Zebulun and Naphtali,
14to fulfill what was spoken through the prophet Isaiah:
From that time on Jesus began to preach, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is near.”
- Matthew 4:12-14, 17

Jesus Christ, from age 12-30, was at home with His parents in Nazareth.
At age 30, He left home to be baptised by John the Baptist, His cousin.

LoJ:

The simple truth is, the Bible does not speak about those years, except saying he grew in grace and spirit. That's all.
If you want to know, either you allow people use logic deduction and external sources, to back their opinions,
or you just forget it, as nobody can create a bible verse that does not exist.
Sarassin, commendably, during his lively, interesting and healthy conversations with Emmanystone on the LoJ opened thread, tried to spill the beans.

Jesus knew the Essenes
He made use of their facilities alright
but He was at no time under any of the Essenes' tutelage
Contrary to the Sarassin opinion, Jesus Christ was never taught nor received training from Essenes

Jesus was a whizz-kid,
Remember, that, as early as when He was age 12, people already, were taken aback by His knowledge and wisdom
All who heard the 12 year old Jesus, in the temple courts, sitting among the teachers, listening to them and asking them questions
were amazed at His understanding and His answers.
Re: Where Was Jesus From Age 12-30? What Was He Up To? by OkaiCorne(m): 4:01pm On Dec 25, 2017
Dear OP, Within those years... Jesus travelled extensively seeking relevant knowledge to aid His ministry.

He travelled west wards towards Egypt and returned to Israel when His earthly father Joseph died...He was aged 17 to 19 at the time.

He also travelled eastwards to as far as Nepal, China and India. He knew certain on Bhuddism. If you doubt me, do a research on Bhudda and Jesus... you'll see numerous similarities.

Bhudda existed 600 years before Jesus, and the Bhuddists acknowledged Jesus to be the brightest light of His time. In Bhuddism, Jesus is also known as Issa.

You can also check out this book for further details " the lost years of Jesus"
Re: Where Was Jesus From Age 12-30? What Was He Up To? by MuttleyLaff: 4:11pm On Dec 25, 2017
OkaiCorne:
Dear OP, Within those years... Jesus travelled extensively seeking relevant knowledge to aid His ministry.

He travelled west wards towards Egypt and returned to Israel when His earthly father Joseph died...He was aged 17 to 19 at the time.

He also travelled eastwards to as far as Nepal, China and India. He knew certain on Bhuddism. If you doubt me, do a research on Bhudda and Jesus... you'll see numerous similarities.

Bhudda existed 600 years before Jesus, and the Bhuddists acknowledged Jesus to be the brightest light of His time. In Bhuddism, Jesus is also known as Issa.

You, Sarassin and correctguy101 apparently are all singing from the same hymn sheet

You obviously didnt read OP's memo, about kindly answer with reasonable practical, verifiable scriptural reference/s.
Limit response only to direct scriptural texts from the bible as written, in quotes preferably
Re: Where Was Jesus From Age 12-30? What Was He Up To? by correctguy101(m): 4:20pm On Dec 25, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
You, Sarassin and correctguy101 apparently are all singing from the same hymn sheet

You obviously didnt read OP's memo, about kindly answer with reasonable practical, verifiable scriptural reference/s.
Limit response only to direct scriptural texts from the bible as written, in quotes preferably

Re: Where Was Jesus From Age 12-30? What Was He Up To? by OkaiCorne(m): 4:22pm On Dec 25, 2017
Double post
Re: Where Was Jesus From Age 12-30? What Was He Up To? by OkaiCorne(m): 4:22pm On Dec 25, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
You and Sarassin apparently are both singing from the same hymn sheet

You obviously didnt read OP's memoabout kindly answer with reasonable practical, verifiable scriptural reference/s.

Unfortunately, the Bible doesn't contain everything about the life of Jesus, that's why I went as far as seeking other relevant historic and archaeologic evidence to buttress my claims.

For a start, kindly research on the similarities between Christianity and Bhuddism... that'll validate my claims on Jesus travelling eastwards towards India, China and Nepal.

For example, Bhudda once said " For you to show the way, you have to be the way"

600 years later...Jesus comes saying " I am the way, the Truth and the Life"

Jesus had 12 disciples for His earthly ministry... Bhudda also had 12 disciples (called the arahants).

Jesus preached a sermon on the mount which had lot of similarities to the Bhudda's sermon on the Dharma.

1 Like

Re: Where Was Jesus From Age 12-30? What Was He Up To? by Emmanystone: 5:02pm On Dec 25, 2017
OkaiCorne:

I can't see any Scripture backing this up.

1 Like

Re: Where Was Jesus From Age 12-30? What Was He Up To? by OkaiCorne(m): 5:05pm On Dec 25, 2017
Emmanystone:

I can't see any Scripture backing this up.

Read my second post on this thread.

Take out time to research on the similarities between Jesus'sermon and Bhudda's own.

Also take out time to research on the similarities between Christianity and Bhuddism
Re: Where Was Jesus From Age 12-30? What Was He Up To? by Emmanystone: 5:10pm On Dec 25, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
41Now his parents went to Jerusalem every year at the feast of the passover.
42And when he was twelve years old, they went up to Jerusalem after the custom of the feast.
51And he went down with them, and came to Nazareth, and was subject unto them:
but his mother kept all these sayings in her heart.
52And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favour with God and man

- Luke 2:41-42, 51-52

23And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli,
- Luke 3:23

13At that time Jesus came from Galilee to the Jordan to be baptized by John.
14But John tried to prevent Him, saying,
“I need to be baptized by You, and do You come to me?”
15“Let it be so now,” Jesus replied.
“It is fitting for us to fulfill all righteousness in this way.”
Then John permitted Him.

- Matthew 3:13-15

14Jesus returned to Galilee in the power of the Spirit,
and the news about Him spread throughout the surrounding region.
15He taught in their synagogues and was glorified by everyone.
16Then Jesus came to Nazareth, where He had been brought up.
As was His custom, He entered the synagogue on the Sabbath. And when He stood up to read,
20Then He rolled up the scroll, returned it to the attendant, and sat down.
The eyes of everyone in the synagogue were fixed on Him,
21and He began by saying,
“Today this Scripture is fulfilled in your hearing.”
22All spoke well of Him and marveled at the gracious words that came from His lips.
“Isn’t this the son of Joseph?” they asked.

- Luke 4:14-16, 20-22

12When Jesus heard that John had been imprisoned, He withdrew to Galilee.
13Leaving Nazareth, He went and lived in Capernaum, which is by the sea in the region of Zebulun and Naphtali,
14to fulfill what was spoken through the prophet Isaiah:
From that time on Jesus began to preach, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is near.”
- Matthew 4:12-14, 17

Jesus Christ, from age 12-30, was at home with His parents in Nazareth.
At age 30, He left home to be baptised by John the Baptist, His cousin.

Sarassin, commendably, during his lively, interesting and healthy conversations with Emmanystone on the LoJ opened thread, tried to spill the beans.

Jesus knew the Essenes
He made use of their facilities alright
but He was at no time under any of the Essenes' tutelage
Contrary to the Sarassin opinion, Jesus Christ was never taught nor received training from Essenes

Jesus was a whizz-kid,
Remember, that, as early as when He was age 12, people already, were taken aback by His knowledge and wisdom
All who heard the 12 year old Jesus, in the temple courts, sitting among the teachers, listening to them and asking them questions
were amazed at His understanding and His answers.

I laughed so hard to hear my dearest Sarassin say Jesus, who could read people's thoughts needed an education to be able to read the very words he gave to his prophets. In other Words, Jesus needed an education to understand his own thoughts, as the written words are His thoughts.

It's like saying Jesus needed to be taught the language he gave to the Jews.

Who is this Jesus even?
Re: Where Was Jesus From Age 12-30? What Was He Up To? by MuttleyLaff: 6:17pm On Dec 25, 2017
Emmanystone:
I laughed so hard to hear my dearest Sarassin say Jesus, who could read people's thoughts needed an education to be able to read the very words he gave to his prophets.
I laughed so hard too

Emmanystone:
In other Words, Jesus needed an education to understand his own thoughts, as the written words are His thoughts.

It's like saying Jesus needed to be taught the language he gave to the Jews.
I guess we can safely assume Sarassin has created God in his own image then bwahahaha

Emmanystone:
Who is this Jesus even?
"In the beginning God created man in His Own image,
and man has been trying to repay the favor ever since"
Re: Where Was Jesus From Age 12-30? What Was He Up To? by Emmanystone: 8:54pm On Dec 25, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
I laughed so hard too

I guess we can safely assume Sarassin has created God in his own image then bwahahaha

"In the beginning God created man in His Own image,
and man has been trying to repay the favor ever since"
This is totally true. Man has been trying to create God in his own image and control and Will Him about as he pls.

Hahahahahahahaha, unfortunately, YHWH is no respecter of persons. You either allow Him raise you up to His standard or you use the exit.
Re: Where Was Jesus From Age 12-30? What Was He Up To? by Emmanystone: 8:59pm On Dec 25, 2017
OkaiCorne:

Read my second post on this thread.

Take out time to research on the similarities between Jesus'sermon and Bhudda's own.

Also take out time to research on the similarities between Christianity and Bhuddism
You have been here bantering with me about Tithing, and you are a New Ager.

Remind me to.ignore you from now on.
Re: Where Was Jesus From Age 12-30? What Was He Up To? by OkaiCorne(m): 9:31pm On Dec 25, 2017
Emmanystone:

You have been here bantering with me about Tithing, and you are a New Ager.
Remind me to.ignore you from now on.

How did you jump into the conclusion that I'm a new ager?

I sincerely hope you're not one of those bible holding Pharisees that would eventually leave the subject of discussion to attack me in person.

By the way...please I don't wanna laugh...you call what the church does currently i.e. 10% of generic income... tithes?

Biggest scam of the century mehn cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Where Was Jesus From Age 12-30? What Was He Up To? by Writs: 6:52am On Dec 26, 2017
Y
LoJ:

The simple truth is, the Bible does not speak about those years, except saying he grew in grace and spirit. That's all. If you want to know, either you allow people use logic deduction and external sources, to back their opinions, or you just forget it, as nobody can create a bible verse that does not exist.

Just wondering how someone of that importance who have started raising dust age 12 will be so silent in history for 18 years with no record or report.

The Jesus tale simply doesn't add up.

(1) (Reply)

Dr Paul Enenche Of Dunamis Church Visits Benue IDP With Relief Materials (pics) / The Spiritual Controls The Physical (12) / Is It OK For A Christian To Use This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.