Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,706 members, 7,816,897 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:44 PM

What Do You Understand In Romans 8:33 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Do You Understand In Romans 8:33 (2678 Views)

Here's Why Romans 8 Is A Problem For Witnesses / You Are A Product Of Divine Purpose - Romans 8:15-17 / The Joyful Sound - Psalm 89:15, Romans 8:14 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Understand In Romans 8:33 by Nobody: 11:57am On Dec 25, 2017
Do you really understand Romans 8:33? Come share your knowledge

◄ Romans 8:33 ►
New International Version
Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? It is God who justifies.

New Living Translation
Who dares accuse us whom God has chosen for his own? No one--for God himself has given us right standing with himself.

English Standard Version
Who shall bring any charge against God’s elect? It is God who justifies.

Berean Study Bible
Who will bring any charge against God's elect? It is God who justifies.

Berean Literal Bible
Who will bring an accusation against the elect of God? God is the One justifying.

New American Standard Bible
Who will bring a charge against God's elect? God is the one who justifies;

King James Bible
Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
Who can bring an accusation against God's elect? God is the One who justifies.

International Standard Version
Who will accuse God's elect? It is God who justifies!

NET Bible
Who will bring any charge against God's elect? It is God who justifies.

New Heart English Bible
Who could bring a charge against God's chosen ones? It is God who justifies.

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
Who shall accuse The Elect of God? God is He Who declares righteous.

GOD'S WORD® Translation
Who will accuse those whom God has chosen? God has approved of them.

New American Standard 1977
Who will bring a charge against God’s elect? God is the one who justifies;

Jubilee Bible 2000
Who shall accuse the chosen of God's? God is he that justifies them.

King James 2000 Bible
Who shall lay anything to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifies.

American King James Version
Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifies.

American Standard Version
Who shall lay anything to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth;

Douay-Rheims Bible
Who shall accuse against the elect of God? God that justifieth.

Darby Bible Translation
Who shall bring an accusation against God's elect? [It is] God who justifies:

English Revised Version
Who shall lay anything to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth;

Webster's Bible Translation
Who will lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth:

Weymouth New Testament
Who shall impeach those whom God has chosen? God declares them free from guilt.

World English Bible
Who could bring a charge against God's chosen ones? It is God who justifies.

Young's Literal Translation
Who shall lay a charge against the choice ones of God? God is He that is declaring righteous,

cc 5solas

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Do You Understand In Romans 8:33 by Nebes: 2:28pm On Dec 25, 2017
It's self explanatory. Any christian conscious of this verse is a total winner. God has already judged in our favour for any case at all, both on earth and beyond.
How I wish a lot of Christians will study the bible on their own. I've experienced this verse actively in my own life.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Understand In Romans 8:33 by Nobody: 2:51pm On Dec 25, 2017
Nebes:
It's self explanatory. Any christian conscious of this verse is a total winner. God has already judged in our favour for any case at all, both on earth and beyond.
How I wish a lot of Christians will study the bible on their own. I've experienced this verse actively in my own life.
praise to God

1 Like

Re: What Do You Understand In Romans 8:33 by ichuka(m): 4:03pm On Dec 25, 2017
He that justifies,has already proclaim those justified "Righteous"
Whosoever is chosen is Righteous,he who is righteous can never be unrighteous/unsaved.

3 Likes

Re: What Do You Understand In Romans 8:33 by 5solas(m): 2:20am On Dec 26, 2017
Thanks for the mention Ferisidowu. I just saw it and my heart is rejoicing already. I will comment later, please in detail. Suffice it to say that the verse is saying that a believer CANNOT lose salvation.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Understand In Romans 8:33 by 5solas(m): 12:12pm On Dec 26, 2017
Roman's 8:33 is simple and straight forward - no one can accuse the believer (whom God has chosen for salvation) of sin because God has justified them of their sins-declaring them, "not guilty! ". It flows from the whole of the book. Consider chapter seven where it is shown how unable we are to keep the law even when in faith. It ends with the fact that the keeping of the law has been done by Christ . The beginning of chapter 8 continues the idea. The first verse is not saying what we need to do to avoid condemnation, it is saying what we do who have put our faith in Christ. Christ did for us what the law could not do by His perfect obedience to the law and this righteousness of Christ was imputed to us on our believing (Acts 13:39,Hebrews 7:11.). We are not saved by our works, righteousness, perfection. Roman's 8:18 says: "For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us". This is true because we will all go to heaven without exception because of our faith in Christ.
Also all things, ALL THINGS , work together for our good (v28). All of us who are in faith were chosen to be before the foundation of the world and predestined to be conformed to the image of His son. In time we are called, justified and will certainly be glorified. So if all these are done for us without our deserving it, it shows we have been accepted by God and nothing can over rule what God has purposed concerning us. If He did for us while we were yet sinners why won't He freely give us all things.No one can bring any just course while we should not go to heaven. Christ makes intercession for us because He ever lives and so is able to save us completely (Vs 34,Hebrews 7:24,25.).
Nothing can separate us from God"s love (Vs 35-39). Nothing present, nothing future. No person, no circumstances. When we realise this we are able to serve and worship Him without fear and to truly live.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Do You Understand In Romans 8:33 by Nobody: 12:23pm On Dec 26, 2017
5solas:
Roman's 8:33 is simple and straight forward - no one can accuse the believer (whom God has chosen for salvation) of sin because God has justified them of their sins-declaring them, "not guilty! ". It flows from the whole of the book. Consider chapter seven where it is shown how unable we are to keep the law even when in faith. It ends with the fact that the keeping of the law has been done by Christ . The beginning of chapter 8 continues the idea. The first verse is not saying what we need to do to avoid condemnation, it is saying what we do who have put our faith in Christ. Christ did for us what the law could not do by His perfect obedience to the law and this righteousness of Christ was imputed to us on our believing (Acts 13:39,Hebrews 7:11.). We are not saved by our works, righteousness, perfection. Roman's 8:18 says: "For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us". This is true because we will all go to heaven without exception because of our faith in Christ.
Also all things, ALL THINGS , work together for our good (v28). All of us who are in faith were chosen to be before the foundation of the world and predestined to be conformed to the image of His son. In time we are called, justified and will certainly be glorified. So if all these are done for us without our deserving it, it shows we have been accepted by God and nothing can over rule what God has purposed concerning us. If He did for us while we were yet sinners why won't He freely give us all things.No one can bring any just course while we should not go to heaven. Christ makes intercession for us because He ever lives and so is able to save us completely (Vs 34,Hebrews 7:24,25.).
Nothing can separate us from God"s love (Vs 35-39). Nothing present, nothing future. No person, no circumstances. When we realise this we are able to serve and worship Him without fear and to truly live.

GOD BLESS BROTHER .....

I WAS IN GOD'S PROVIDENCE TAUGHT THAT GOD JUSTIFIES HIS ELECT Even WHILE THEY ARE UNGODLY

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Do You Understand In Romans 8:33 by ichuka(m): 12:24pm On Dec 26, 2017
5solas:
Thanks for the mention Ferisidowu. I just saw it and my heart is rejoicing already. I will comment later, please in detail. Suffice it to say that the verse is saying that a believer CANNOT lose salvation.
Compliments bro

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Understand In Romans 8:33 by 5solas(m): 12:58pm On Dec 26, 2017
Ferisidowu:

GOD BLESS BROTHER .....

I WAS IN GOD'S PROVIDENCE TAUGHT THAT GOD JUSTIFIES HIS ELECT Even WHILE THEY ARE UNGODLY
That is so true. So good to meet you.
Re: What Do You Understand In Romans 8:33 by 5solas(m): 1:01pm On Dec 26, 2017
ichuka:

Compliments bro
Thank you. Wish you the same. Good to see you steadfast .

1 Like

Re: What Do You Understand In Romans 8:33 by Nobody: 1:01pm On Dec 26, 2017
5solas:

That is so true. So good to meet you.
same here brother .,.... compliment of the season

when you are less busy you can try download the book- justification by an imputed righteousness by john Bunyan its really Gospel inspired.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Understand In Romans 8:33 by 5solas(m): 1:03pm On Dec 26, 2017
An2elect2, your thoughts?
Re: What Do You Understand In Romans 8:33 by 5solas(m): 1:12pm On Dec 26, 2017
Ferisidowu:

GOD BLESS BROTHER .....

I am so happy for you. The consequence of this justification is that we cannot lose our salvation. You see how Roman's 8 supports this not just vs 33 . We are saved because of that imputed righteousness of Christ that is often called the righteousness of faith as opposed to that of the law.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Understand In Romans 8:33 by Nobody: 1:21pm On Dec 26, 2017
5solas:

I am so happy for you. The consequence of this justification is that we cannot lose our salvation. You see how Roman's 8 supports this not just vs 33 . We are saved because of that imputed righteousness of Christ that is often called the righteousness of faith as opposed to that of the law.
yes its comforting indeed whoever has entered into God's rest has seized from his own works....

thanks to the God of all grace

1 Like

Re: What Do You Understand In Romans 8:33 by 5solas(m): 1:32pm On Dec 26, 2017
Ferisidowu:
yes its comforting indeed whoever has entered into God's rest has seized from his own works....

thanks to the God of all grace

Amen!

1 Like

Re: What Do You Understand In Romans 8:33 by An2elect2(f): 4:42pm On Dec 29, 2017
5solas:
An2elect2, your thoughts?
grin Thanks for the mention but your second post did justice to the verse.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Understand In Romans 8:33 by Goshen360(m): 5:25pm On Dec 29, 2017
Make una let these law keepers and teachers catch una for this kind thread....how can you people be teaching or saying stuff like this without me..... grin Una know say this one na the kind food I like to eat naw....ehnnn, una no try at oooo..... cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Understand In Romans 8:33 by jiggaz(m): 6:29pm On Dec 29, 2017
Ferisidowu:

GOD BLESS BROTHER .....

So you now understand the Gospel of Grace? Praise be to God!!

I can remember when i started teaching it here, you guys attacked me seriously. I can even see one guy like dat that used to attack all my threads, now preaching Justification by Faith alone.... Praise be to God, am happy for all of you. Grace is the true and only Gospel. It's all about Christ Jesus.

I thank God for you.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Understand In Romans 8:33 by Nobody: 8:00pm On Dec 29, 2017
jiggaz:

I can remember when i started teaching it here, you guys attacked me seriously. I can even see one guy like dat that used to attack all my threads, now preaching Justification by Faith alone.... Praise be to God, am happy for all of you. Grace is the true and only Gospel. It's all about Christ Jesus.

I thank God for you.

that's what God can do bro.... Paul was like that, he was very zealous for the law, till he was taught what the gospel really is

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Understand In Romans 8:33 by jiggaz(m): 9:08pm On Dec 29, 2017
Ferisidowu:

that's what God can do bro.... Paul was like that, he was very zealous for the law, till he was taught what the gospel really is
Alright... Am happy for you.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Understand In Romans 8:33 by Nobody: 11:02pm On Dec 29, 2017
jiggaz:
Alright... Am happy for you.
thanks a lot broth

1 Like

Re: What Do You Understand In Romans 8:33 by jiggaz(m): 4:44am On Dec 30, 2017
Ferisidowu:
thanks a lot broth
you welcome bro.

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Understand In Romans 8:33 by Julivas(m): 11:33pm On Dec 30, 2017
Does this verse imply that a Christian can live a careless life?
No, not at all.
Check this, Titus 2 : 11-13
11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,

12 teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in this present world,

13 looking for that blessed hope and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Savior Jesus Christ,

1 Like

Re: What Do You Understand In Romans 8:33 by 5solas(m): 8:57am On Dec 31, 2017
jiggaz:

I thank God for you.
grin grin Praise the Lord!
Re: What Do You Understand In Romans 8:33 by 5solas(m): 9:01am On Dec 31, 2017
Ferisidowu:

Praise the Lord!
For a moment I thought Jigazz was joking.
grin
Re: What Do You Understand In Romans 8:33 by 5solas(m): 9:05am On Dec 31, 2017
Goshen360:
Make una let these law keepers and teachers catch una for this kind thread....how can you people be teaching or saying stuff like this without me..... grin Una know say this one na the kind food I like to eat naw....ehnnn, una no try at oooo..... cheesy
grin grin
Organ Goshen make u nò vex o!
Re: What Do You Understand In Romans 8:33 by 5solas(m): 9:08am On Dec 31, 2017
Julivas:
Does this verse imply that a Christian can live a careless life?
No, not at all.
Check this, Titus 2 : 11-13
11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,

12 teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in this present world,

13 looking for that blessed hope and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Savior Jesus Christ,
Of course, it doesn't.
We do not make void the law by teaching this, rather, we uphold the law. Roman's 3:31.
Re: What Do You Understand In Romans 8:33 by nicemuyoo: 9:23am On Dec 31, 2017
What it says is very simple once you repent and confess tour faith in yahshua. The blood makes atonement for your sins. Now you needs works to stay saved. Righteous works / as James rightly corrected faith without works is dead. Show me your works e.g. kindness, holiness, obedience etc and I would show you your faith.

5solas:

Re: What Do You Understand In Romans 8:33 by nicemuyoo: 9:33am On Dec 31, 2017
God said to Israel, “Ye have wearied the Lord with your words. Yet ye say, Wherein have we wearied him? When ye say, Every one that doeth evil is good in the sight of the Lord, and he delighteth in them; or, Where is the God of judgment?” (Mal. 2:17)

There are many today who think that they can be right with God while they are still practicing unrighteousness. They don’t believe that they need to repent of their sins in obedience to the gospel in order to be right with God. These religious sinners will comfort themselves in their impenitence by telling themselves, “I am righteous before God in my position even while I am unrighteous in my practice.”

This type of theological excuse for impenitence is refuted by the Apostle John who said, “Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous” (1 Jn. 3:7). To believe that you can be righteous, while you are practicing unrighteousness, is a deception. Jesus didn’t die so we could continue to practice unrighteousness. He died that we would be righteous in our practice. As Paul said, “God sending his own Son…. That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit” (Rom. 8:3-4).

Backsliders in Israel were saying “The Lord seeth us not” (Eze. 8:12), and backsliders in the Church are saying the same thing today. I have heard many people say, “When God looks at me, He doesn’t see my sin. He sees the righteousness of Christ instead.” This type of talk, which ought to be shocking to our ears, is common place within the Church. This type of theological nonsense, which is a blatant denial of God’s omniscience, is refuted all throughout the Bible (Ps. 33:13-15; Prov. 15:3; Eze. 8:12; 9:9; Jer. 32:19; Job 34:21; Mal. 2:17; Heb. 4:13; Rev 2:2, 2:9; 2:13; 2:19; 3:1; 3:8; 3:15). “The Lord looketh from heaven; he beholdeth all the sons of men. From the place of his habitation he looketh upon all the inhabitants of the earth. He fashioneth their hearts alike; he considereth all their works” (Ps. 33:13-15). “For the eyes of the Lord are in every place, beholding the evil and the good” (Prov. 15:3). “For the eyes of the Lord are upon the ways of man, and he seeth all his goings” (Job 34:21). “Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and open unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do” (Heb. 4:13).

Jesus Christ did not come to somehow blind God or to take away His omniscience. God is not some fool in the sky who doesn’t know what is going on. When God looked at the churches in Revelation, He did not say “I see the imputed righteousness of Jesus Christ. I look on you and see blameless perfection.” He said to them, “I know thy works” (Rev. 2:2; 2:9; 2:13; 2:9; 3:1; 2:8; 2:15). And He said, “be zealous therefore, and repent” (Rev. 3:19). But those who don’t want to repent of their sins dream that God does not even see their sin anymore.
Re: What Do You Understand In Romans 8:33 by nicemuyoo: 9:49am On Dec 31, 2017
Heresy!!!!!!
Jesus says you would account for every word and act you do on judgement day!!
Jesus said to the seven churches I know your works..... repent or else....you know the rest.
John said do not let anyone deceive you he who is righteous practice righteousness and vice versa.
James said faith( your believe) with out works ( you acts/ actions/ behavior/ choices on a daily bases ) is DEAD!!! . Show me your faith by your works!!!.
Jesus said I come quickly to reward everyone according to the works of their hands
Jesus said not everyone that call on me Lord, Lord, would be saved on last day but those who do the will of my father!! ( WORKS OF OBEDIENCE).
they would reply Jesus but Lord!!! In your name we prayed and cast out Demons, Jesus would reply on last day go away!! FROM ME YOU ALL THAT PRACICE LAWLESSNESS ( not obedient to the laws of God in your daily life ( moral laws))

You see Africans like deceiving themselves being fed stagnant water, contaminated water in church every Sunday!!!! Just like Jeremiah said.

ichuka:
He that justifies,has already proclaim those justified "Righteous"
Whosoever is chosen is Righteous,he who is righteous can never be unrighteous/unsaved.
Re: What Do You Understand In Romans 8:33 by otr1(m): 10:05am On Dec 31, 2017
Who are the elect/chosen ones?
Rev. 14:12 has the answer; "THESE ARE THEY THAT KEEPS GOD'S COMMANDMENTS AND THE FAITH OF JESUS."
I don't know any other way anyone would become God's elect/chosen one without the obedience to His Laws and having the faith of Jesus. You can't have one without the other.
Let's remember that it is this same law we're trying to explain away that will be used to judge everyone on the judgement day.
Let's wake up from our delusion thinking Christ or any of his followers preached the doing away of the moral law. None of these people would do that.
"If ye love me, keep my commandments" is what Jesus said and I don't know of any other commandments than the one the so called christians have been trying to explain away.
Re: What Do You Understand In Romans 8:33 by 5solas(m): 11:07am On Dec 31, 2017
Nicemuyoo and Otr1, let's have your thoughts on Roman's 8:33 / the O. P.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Judas Iscariot: Guilty Or Not Guilty!!! / Why Deceive Yourselves, No Nigerian Can Go To Heaven / RCCG Annual Convention Is Here – Theme : Jesus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.