Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,335 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:04 PM

Automated Teller Machine Project - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Automated Teller Machine Project (3165 Views)

How To Design School Result Sheet Automated System With Microsoft Excel / Is An Automated Sms Sender Possible? / Automated Teller Machine (atm) Program (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Automated Teller Machine Project by johnpeace(m): 12:20pm On Apr 05, 2010
Hello Nairalanders,
I'm into One-Man Automated Teller Machine Software Project, using Java Technology.
I discover that with all the security on Automated Teller Machine, we still record more than 50% crime rate monthly in this country.
I want you guys to give me some new kind of logic to implement in this program so that crime rate would be reduced to the bearest minimum in Nigeria banking sector.
Looking forward to hearing from u.
Re: Automated Teller Machine Project by sayhi2ay(m): 2:55pm On Apr 05, 2010
why not list these security lapses, and we can take 'em head on on how to tackle them , some of us might not be in nigeria to know about these security lags
Re: Automated Teller Machine Project by maxdi(m): 4:19pm On Apr 05, 2010
same as with @sayhi2ay
Re: Automated Teller Machine Project by 4peace(m): 4:56pm On Apr 05, 2010
Good idea but wrong medium
Re: Automated Teller Machine Project by johnpeace(m): 1:03pm On Apr 14, 2010
@sayhi2ay, maxdi
Thanks 4 ur replies guys.
Security lapses and implementations of logic are not the issue.
The point here is "new kind of logic" that programmers have not been implementing in there ATM program.
Re: Automated Teller Machine Project by ABAboi: 8:48am On Apr 20, 2010
Making ATM free from from security lapse is near impossible. The fact remains that if some one can steal ur card and pin, then ur money is at their mercy. However, there are much talks about finger print verification or imaging technology to further verify customers before they access their account, i must tell you that most errors in ATM is human error thus cannot be built in to system.
Re: Automated Teller Machine Project by johnpeace(m): 12:01pm On Apr 20, 2010
Thanks Ababoi,
Actually, there is no programmer on earth that can block all the loopholes of an ATM.
All i wanted is the reduction of crime rate to it bearest minimum in the Nigeria Banking Industry most especially, in the area of E-Banking. How can this be achieve?
Waiting 4 ur reply.
Re: Automated Teller Machine Project by ABAboi: 12:56pm On Apr 20, 2010
Reduction in E-banking to the barest minimum is more of an optimistic view than realistic one. You have to take into account that thousands (if not millions) live on the crime, thus actively learning how to beat the latest security measure. I must say, reduction in E Crime goes well ahead computer softwares etc. Currently, here in the UK, they use card reader, and a third party software( called rapport ) to protect bank customers from on-line threats. I still think Nigeria is not yet ripe for the deployment of those procedures, online faud has come to stay for sometime untill we get our infrastructures ready.
Re: Automated Teller Machine Project by femu(m): 12:17am On Apr 21, 2010
The inherent problem problem with the ATM's are the use of the magstripe cards which can easily be read using scanners. Hence the change to Smart cards(i.e. Verve, DSTV cards) which support stronger encryption. Assuming the card providers(interswitch) do the right thing(strong encryption) this time around it will reduce or eliminate these ATM fraud issues. Another concept is the use of contactless cards which you don't have to insert in any machine, however without encryption they are prone to sniffing. So if you're looking at doing something relevant on your project you can implement a strong encryption algorithm on a contactless card
Re: Automated Teller Machine Project by beulahit: 2:42am On Apr 21, 2010
well to me, you are just generating an idea. to develop an ATM has several phases and paradgm. Coding is just one face. I have an Authomated Receipt that I coded on Java/J2SE platform myself but that is just one step. Hope we can develop to the level of design, develop, deployment and manufacturing such stand alone software machine in Nigeria. Pls mail me in detail may be we can work together. beulahit@yahoo.com

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Install Php, My Sql To Kit Start My Php Programming Lesson. / Super Accp From Aptech; Where Do I Go From Here? / Nigerian Students Software Competition (nisscom)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.