Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:51 AM

Super Accp From Aptech; Where Do I Go From Here? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Super Accp From Aptech; Where Do I Go From Here? (3161 Views)

APTECH Products Please I Need Urgent Info. Please!!!! / Aptech ADSE Or Nigerian University Which Is Better? / Few Questions About Aptech Computer Institute??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Super Accp From Aptech; Where Do I Go From Here? by omoluc: 10:52am On Mar 28, 2008
Finally yours truly and humbly went to Aptech, 332 Capital Building, Ikorodu Road, Maryland Lagos.

I met with the career counsellor or counseller or whatever. Well she explained things quite well to me. I was introduced to super ACCP comprising of DISM, HDSE & ADSE. The whole course fee, textbook fee, project and examination, certificate everything cost N870,000 for two to three years. DISM alone cost N250,000.

Please i need some advice from Nairalanders, should i go for it? should i take only the DISM course?

inshort where do i go from here.

i need advice please. thanks in advance to Y'all.
Re: Super Accp From Aptech; Where Do I Go From Here? by klassnic: 11:18am On Mar 28, 2008
I say you RUN for it,while you still can they sweet-talk you into acquiring their
they useless certification. grin
Re: Super Accp From Aptech; Where Do I Go From Here? by candylips(m): 11:50am On Mar 28, 2008
You are better off with a Microsoft certification or better still a Degree that those worthless certificates
Re: Super Accp From Aptech; Where Do I Go From Here? by Nobody: 3:34pm On Mar 28, 2008
Guy, please dont pay that money oh 870 000, kai! You could use it in other ways. Like pple have said, a DEGREE is worth more than those things. That amount of cash could pay for some
MSC degrees in some Nigerian unis (Wonder how much LBS costs) and u could save towards sponsoring yourself for a foreign degree.
About your skills, well if you read books and practice on your own, and work on projects, then you will get the knowledge ure lookin for.
My humble opinion.
Re: Super Accp From Aptech; Where Do I Go From Here? by Cactus(m): 3:07am On Mar 29, 2008
what do all does acronyms mean? HDSE i could only find something relating to Help Desk Site Engineer.

First time I am hearing those acronyms.

Dont waste your money, on that stuff. You know what you are capable of doing, people can only suggest, they dont know you as much as you know yourself so up to you. If you are looking for something marketable. Dont go for all these acronyms, go with something generic that everyone knows.
Re: Super Accp From Aptech; Where Do I Go From Here? by omoluc: 11:40am On Apr 02, 2008
HDSE - Higher Diploma in Software Engineering
ADSE- Advance " in " "
DISM- Diploma in System Management
Cactus:

what do all does acronyms mean? HDSE i could only find something relating to Help Desk Site Engineer.

First time I am hearing those acronyms.

Dont waste your money, on that stuff. You know what you are capable of doing, people can only suggest, they don't know you as much as you know yourself so up to you. If you are looking for something marketable. Dont go for all these acronyms, go with something generic that everyone knows.

i was thinking i would have more job prospects in and outside of Nigeria with the Certificates.

Also i am not expectings some real practical stuff in any of the Nigerian Universities of Polytecnics. but what you guys are saying is making me think twice.

please i need some more advice and conviction before i take any step further.

thanks Cactus
thanks Wavemaster
thanks Candylips
thanks Klassnic

thanks to all hoping to contribute to this thread.

(1) (Reply)

Automated Teller Machine Project / Where Can I Download A Functioning Notepad++ For Mobile Version From? / How Do I Install Php, My Sql To Kit Start My Php Programming Lesson.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.