Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,761 members, 7,820,649 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:47 PM

Banks Are Now Giving Out Fake Naira Notes.(photos) - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Banks Are Now Giving Out Fake Naira Notes.(photos) (737 Views)

How To Identify A Fake Naira Note (Video) / Man Went For Shopping With A Bag Filled With 10 Naira Notes.photos And Video. / How I Was Duped With Fake Naira Currency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Banks Are Now Giving Out Fake Naira Notes.(photos) by cupidkef(m): 6:42pm On Dec 25, 2017
Gentlemen there is a dangerous trend now. Banks now sell new currencies and issue bad currencies to customers. The worst now is that Banks no longer receive bad currencies to send to CBN to trash them. They also sieve the currencies and reject bad ones.
My wife had a nasty experience at one Eco Bank Branch in Owerri. She made a withdrawal and wanted to pay into her brother in the same bank. The teller in receiving the money rejected some on grounds it was a counterfeit or fake currency. They were shocked my wife insisted she just cashed it from the counter in the same Bank. They were howevever subdued by her argument and retrieved their fake currency.
I am one of those who are always in a hurry. I dont count huge especially when stashed in bundles because of trust. Time after time I have paid up to my clients for short payments in currencies stashed in bundles for my failure to count at the point of receipt.
I have told my customers to please go cashless. Ask for my account while in the Bank and transfer easy. But customers refuse insisting to withdraw and always bring cash to me.
Picture 3 is a fake currency rejected by my bank. It was meticulously picked out and rejected after I lodged stashed monies collected from customers for payment to the owner.
Today a customer just came out with cash from one of the Banks and out of the three Bundles of N1000 notes two was good. But one was like a collection of all antiquated collated bad currencies from that branch. The currencies were either fake, too old or badly mutilated. See pictures 1, 2 and 4.
This dangerous trend by our young bank workers is becoming alarming. They keep bad currencies and interchange them while at work and shift the liability. This is their own means of surviving as casual staff at the expence of the rest of us.
Pls draw the attention of all and sundry so we can stop this mess.
Please don't be in a hurry in banks. Please pick out old currencies right their at their counters cos they are the people who select currencies nowadays. Please reject any currency you do not like. Don't pity them.
Above all, let us go cashless pls.

Source:Facebook/Kissinger Ikeokwu.
Cc: Seun, Lalasticlala, puskin, FOD, dominique, naijacutee

Re: Banks Are Now Giving Out Fake Naira Notes.(photos) by dafeyankee: 6:46pm On Dec 25, 2017
It's Diamond Bank.

Why are you surprised that they give out fake money there?who owns it?is the bank not owned by DEVELOPER?

And people are wondering why Innoson refused to apply for a loan from them. Wiseman Innoson did not want them to give him fake money.

2 Likes

Re: Banks Are Now Giving Out Fake Naira Notes.(photos) by marshalldgreat(m): 6:51pm On Dec 25, 2017
Na wa

1 Like

Re: Banks Are Now Giving Out Fake Naira Notes.(photos) by LionDeLeo: 6:58pm On Dec 25, 2017
dafeyankee:
It's Diamond Bank.

Why are you surprised that they give out fake money there?who owns it?is the bank not owned by DEVELOPER?

And people are wondering why Innoson refused to apply for a loan from them. Wiseman Innoson did not want them to give him fake money.
No need tribalising this, I have also be paid with a fake currency in a different bank.

@ the topic, I wouldn't have believed this if it had never happened to me. It is not just the loss of the monetary value, I was embarrassed when I wanted to use it. The man was looking at me suspiciously when I expressed shock, I know he was thinking I was just pretending.

3 Likes

Re: Banks Are Now Giving Out Fake Naira Notes.(photos) by Nobody: 7:07pm On Dec 25, 2017
all this recruite bankers sef, na dia work.
They don't collect by they give including ATM.
Re: Banks Are Now Giving Out Fake Naira Notes.(photos) by Bibi294(f): 7:50pm On Dec 25, 2017
Seriously, I've been a victim

(1) (Reply)

Could someone please review and purchase my FIVERR Gig! / Space Available For Bakery / Please Help, I Think I’m Being Duped

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.