Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,150 members, 7,818,465 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:22 PM

My Ordeal At Ikeja Computer Village - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / My Ordeal At Ikeja Computer Village (799 Views)

Waterfalls Event Center: Spacious, Serene & Secure Halls At Ikeja / My Ordeal At Abuja Airport / 2 Hausa Snake Charmers At Ikeja Spotted Displaying Their Skills (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Ordeal At Ikeja Computer Village by kennypedia(m): 6:35am On Dec 26, 2017
My bother bought a tablet online, not long after the screen got broken in camp. He called the vendor to ask for the price it will be fixed, I had also learnt how to repair electronic devices in secondary school days so asI headed to ikeja at the vendor's office the man played his tricks and said he has closed for the year. The second day I went ikeja again after checking alaba for the screen but no avail but o couldn't get the screen at ikeja too so my brother decided to buy a new phone with the 19000 I was to use to fix the screen. To cut the long story short I was in 3c hub after checking the available phones around the price I met one man who asked me about the specification of a certain phone and asked whether I speak yoruba I answered in affirmative. I was about to check another store when I saw the man I had encounter with, he asked how much can he sell his camon cx I told him I don't he then said can he sell it for 20+ I replied him saying do you want to sell it for that amount . He said he wants to buy phantom 8 and wants to add about 29000 I told him am interested in the deal so I called my brother and he spoke with him and they agreed to 19000 but I was pessimistic about the deal, he told me to put my SIM and test the phone I did and was assured of the quality of the phone so we headed to the atm point but he was avoiding open points so I was at alert since the phone was in my bag. we later used a diamond bank atm point within a complex (enclosed ) I collected the money and proceded to test the charging port at a store , the charging port worked so we left there . we stood under the stairs of a complex where I counted the money and gave him , he then asked me to add something I told him he already bargained with the prospective owner of the phone so he told me to remove my SIM I did and collected my money but was pressuring me to add something and have the phone. we left the location and went to another where he finally agreed to the amount. as I was about to leave a guy just came out from nowhere and said oh I have seen those people doing. .............. I immediately pushed him out of my way and introduced myself as an ex service man, the seller started to panic and said I should take my money and leave but I have read about how people got scammed so I checked the money to discover the had wrapped newspaper with 1000 note , I threw the money and papers in air and threatened to call my friends from airforce Base to deal with him . The other guy came and started to beg that he didn't know him but just wanted to prevent illegal transactions, I cleared him. He latter brought out my real money and I crossed checked if it was fake or not the guy was angry because I had the phone and the money but i was disappointed so l gave him his phone and left . That was how I was saved by a nairaland thread.

3 Likes

Re: My Ordeal At Ikeja Computer Village by kennypedia(m): 6:37am On Dec 26, 2017
there is more to tell mynd44 lalasticlala seun commando
Re: My Ordeal At Ikeja Computer Village by duduade: 6:47am On Dec 26, 2017
You for chop slaaap
Re: My Ordeal At Ikeja Computer Village by anuoluwapo884(m): 6:52am On Dec 26, 2017
That has been their way of scamming innocent people till date

1 Like

Re: My Ordeal At Ikeja Computer Village by Nobody: 7:14am On Dec 26, 2017
Thank God you didn't fall prey to them....silly humans
Re: My Ordeal At Ikeja Computer Village by KardinalZik(m): 7:19am On Dec 26, 2017
Scamming is their profession.
All thanks to Nairaland, else you for loss your money and chop beating join.
Re: My Ordeal At Ikeja Computer Village by kennypedia(m): 1:44pm On Dec 27, 2017
duduade:
You for chop slaaap
should i laugh? the both of them will be missing one or two of their rib cages
Re: My Ordeal At Ikeja Computer Village by kennypedia(m): 1:49pm On Dec 27, 2017
KardinalZik:
Scamming is their profession.

All thanks to Nairaland, else you for loss your money and chop beating join.

Things like that only happen to clowns.
Re: My Ordeal At Ikeja Computer Village by wman(m): 8:35am On Feb 22, 2018
Oh Boy! Otigba boys are not smiling!
Re: My Ordeal At Ikeja Computer Village by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jul 19, 2020
Thank your stars.

(1) (Reply)

"God Is Mad" Naija Man Insult God On Facebook / Woman Transforms Herself Into A Dragon After Receiving An HIV Diagnosis. Pics / A

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.