Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,144 members, 7,818,433 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:41 PM

Suggestion: There Should Be Limited Age For University Entry In Nigeria - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Suggestion: There Should Be Limited Age For University Entry In Nigeria (2703 Views)

Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. / Direct Entry In University Of Abuja And Calabar / Registration For University Of Ilorin Post Jamb Is Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Suggestion: There Should Be Limited Age For University Entry In Nigeria by lomaxx: 5:31pm On Apr 05, 2010
By virtue of the fact that the number of candidates seeking entry in Nigerian universities is quite enormous, we should try to look for ways to manage the population. And one of those ways is that which I'm about suggesting now, with knowledge of the fact that it won't go down well with most folks.
There should be an age limit for candidates seeking entry through UTME. From a personal experience, when I was about taking UME, I was 14+ and I observed that most of the candidates in my hall were old enough to be my father, and they still engaged in malpractices.
Placing an age limit on UTME will also help to curb failures in the exam. For example, if I know that by 24, I won't be eligible for UTME, I'd do all within my effort to make sure I secure the minimum points necessary in the exam. If we keep on recycling candidates from previous years coupled with the ones from the current year, certainly we'd reach a breaking point in exam centres and supervision network. Comments concerning this suggestion is welcome. For or Against.
Re: Suggestion: There Should Be Limited Age For University Entry In Nigeria by Niifes: 6:09pm On Apr 05, 2010
putting age limit wil help but there should not b max age cuz tenage in higher institution messes up, so minimum age should not b less than 20yrs
Re: Suggestion: There Should Be Limited Age For University Entry In Nigeria by Ijeleigbo(m): 6:48pm On Apr 05, 2010
Rubbish! Even if there is an age limitation have you forgotten the fact that people can still do age declaration and reduce their age? And do you think its everyone that opportuned to finish sch. Early as you did at 14? Univ is meant for matured minds and not kids.
Re: Suggestion: There Should Be Limited Age For University Entry In Nigeria by fabby26(m): 7:19pm On Apr 05, 2010
Age limit shuld not be a crieria for those enrolling into our higher institutions in the country.I even felt that the more advanced one is @ a certain age( i.e 4rm 20yrs+). the more matured he or she will be to withstand all the challanges being posed in our institutions of higher learning. I think we should look at the situation 4rm another angle instead of Age limitation. This issue of age had created a lot of barrier for applicants & graduates looking for employment opportunities because of choice of age bracket limit by the different employers.So the same scenerio shouldn't be created in our Institutions as the saying goes "Education has no age limit"!
Re: Suggestion: There Should Be Limited Age For University Entry In Nigeria by Dclique(m): 9:24pm On Apr 05, 2010
Fabby, I agree with you. EDUCATION HAS NO AGE LIMIT.
Re: Suggestion: There Should Be Limited Age For University Entry In Nigeria by Ijeleigbo(m): 1:58am On Apr 07, 2010
@Fabby, you get mouth!
Re: Suggestion: There Should Be Limited Age For University Entry In Nigeria by Skmoda360(m): 3:18pm On Apr 07, 2010
It cant work in nigeria.cuz smbdy like me nw i finished at the age of 15yrs bt no admission bcuz i really wana be a med doc bt i wasnt given admission then bt i went to nigerian institute of shipping to get my higher diploma 4 four years nw i m 21+ tryin to pursue my neglected career again this year.
Re: Suggestion: There Should Be Limited Age For University Entry In Nigeria by Skmoda360(m): 3:20pm On Apr 07, 2010
It cant work in nigeria.cuz smbdy like me as a ex. i finished at the age of 15yrs+ bt no admission bcuz i really wana be a med doc at d univ. bt i wasnt given admission then bt i went to nigerian institute of shipping to get my higher diploma 4 four years nw i m 21+ tryin to pursue my neglected career again this year.

(1) (Reply)

The Polytechnic Of Ibadan Hnd/post Utme/part Form Is On Sale See Details Below / Biology Practical Specimen Neco / Who Can Solve This Mathematics Problem?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.