Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,817 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:38 AM

President Trump: 'People Are Proud To Be Saying Merry Christmas Again' - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / President Trump: 'People Are Proud To Be Saying Merry Christmas Again' (652 Views)

Taliban Ride Dodgems and Merry-go-round After Seizing Theme Park(Pics, Video) / COVID-19: India's Richest People Are Fleeing On Private Jets / Macdonald In China Apologizes For Saying Blacks Not Allowed In Their Restaurant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Trump: 'People Are Proud To Be Saying Merry Christmas Again' by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:59pm On Dec 26, 2017
Pres. Trump: 'People are Proud to be Saying Merry Christmas Again'
December 25, 2017 By Editor

When he ran for the White House in 2016, Donald Trump promised to make America great again.

Late Sunday night, on what appeared to be a busy Christmas Eve at his Mar-a-Lago estate in Florida, the president took a bow for what he views as his successful role in making Christmas merry again.

"People are proud to be saying Merry Christmas again," the president tweeted shortly before 10 p.m. EST. "I am proud to have led the charge against the assault of our cherished and beautiful phrase. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!"

Sunday's tweet seemed as if the president were claiming "mission accomplished" following some comments he made in October at the Family Research Council’s Values Voter Summit in Washington.

"We're getting near that beautiful Christmas season that people don't talk about anymore. They don't use the word Christmas because it's not politically correct,” the president said to cheers. "You go to department stores and they'll say 'Happy New Year,' or they'll say other things and it’ll be red, they'll have it painted."

"Well, guess what? We're saying 'Merry Christmas' again."

Earlier Sunday, the president and first lady Melania Trump released an official photo, showing them making calls to children across the U.S. as part of the traditional NORAD tracking of Santa’s annual trip around the globe.

The president and first lady each spoke to 11 children in all. The kids ranged in age from 5 to 12.

Trump also communicated to U.S. troops who were spending the holiday overseas.

"Today and every day, we're incredibly thankful for you and for your families," Trump told the troops via a video hook-up at Mar-a-Lago. "Your families have been tremendous. Always underappreciated, the military families. The greatest people on Earth."

The president was addressing members of the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps and Coast Guard stationed in Qatar, Kuwait and Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, and patrolling the Strait of Hormuz in the Middle East.

The president complimented each branch of the armed forces, starting with the Army's "Iron Brigade" combat team in Kuwait, which he said is performing a "vital mission" by partnering with the Iraqi, Kuwaiti, Saudi Arabian and Jordanian armies.

He said a Kuwait-based, Marine Corps air-ground task force has provided more than 4,000 flight hours of close air support in the campaign against the Islamic State group, and he thanked sailors aboard the USS Sampson for defending "high-value assets" in the Strait of Hormuz.

Trump also singled out the Air Force's 69th Expeditionary Bomb Squadron in Qatar for engaging more than 700 IS and Taliban targets in five separate countries and winning two trophies in an Air Force bomb competition.

He showered the most praise on the Coast Guard, which impressed him with its rescue operations during a devastating hurricane season.

"You've done such an incredible job in Texas and Florida and Puerto Rico," Trump said. "Many Republicans are very happy but, I have to tell you, the people of Florida, Texas, Puerto Rico and lots of other states are even more happy. What a job you’ve done … saved thousands and thousands of lives."

In closing, Trump offered thanks to those who are spending time away from their families to "defend all of our families, our freedoms and our pride."

"Every American heart is thankful to you and we’re asking God to watch over you and to watch over your families," he said, before he asked journalists to leave the room so he could begin answering any service member questions.

"Every American heart is thankful to you and we're asking God to watch over you and to watch over your families."

– President Donald Trump, in a Christmas Eve call to U.S. troops stationed overseas

Trump began the day by tweeting against a top FBI official he has suggested is biased against him, as well as the news media. The president also spent several hours playing golf at his private club in West Palm Beach.

Later, Trump ate Christmas Eve dinner with his family before attending worship services with the first lady at the Episcopal church in Palm Beach where they were married in 2005.

Fox News' Joseph Weber and the Associated Press contributed to this story.

Before Trump folks were almost apologising for mentioning the word "Christmas"

Re: President Trump: 'People Are Proud To Be Saying Merry Christmas Again' by seunlayi(m): 7:01pm On Dec 26, 2017
My dear President pls help me check if Nigeria is still on the world map cos I can't understand somethings going on here. I m still doubting if we are still part f the world. Thanks in anticipation sir

1 Like

Re: President Trump: 'People Are Proud To Be Saying Merry Christmas Again' by madridguy(m): 7:02pm On Dec 26, 2017
Re: President Trump: 'People Are Proud To Be Saying Merry Christmas Again' by erifeoluwasimi(f): 7:03pm On Dec 26, 2017
He try
Re: President Trump: 'People Are Proud To Be Saying Merry Christmas Again' by DuBLINGreenb(m): 7:05pm On Dec 26, 2017
But Obama said merry Christmas check youtube for his merry Christmas compilation he said it more than 30 times for only 8 Christmas he spent in the white house this trump thrives on propaganda but that's what you humans want abi?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Trump: 'People Are Proud To Be Saying Merry Christmas Again' by emeijeh(m): 7:12pm On Dec 26, 2017
seunlayi:
My dear President pls help me check if Nigeria is still on the world map cos I can't understand somethings going on here. I m still doubting if we are still part f the world. Thanks in anticipation sir

[img]http:///media/12-24-2016/E1c7QP.gif[/img]

2 Likes

Re: President Trump: 'People Are Proud To Be Saying Merry Christmas Again' by Baawaa(m): 7:19pm On Dec 26, 2017
Obama is agent of Satan

2 Likes

Re: President Trump: 'People Are Proud To Be Saying Merry Christmas Again' by coluka: 8:25pm On Dec 26, 2017
Obama is a devil. Ride Trump!! God is with you

1 Like

Re: President Trump: 'People Are Proud To Be Saying Merry Christmas Again' by Nobody: 10:35am On Dec 27, 2017
DuBLINGreenb:
But Obama said merry Christmas check youtube for his merry Christmas compilation he said it more than 30 times for only 8 Christmas he spent in the white house this trump thrives on propaganda but that's what you humans want abi?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6d7mTRaUmaE

Let me help you expose the Liar-Mo.ron-in-Chief. His supporters are so brain damaged, he will spit all these lies in their face and they will drink it like it is water. You must be a rich criminal, immoral or brain damaged to support Trump.

2 Likes

Re: President Trump: 'People Are Proud To Be Saying Merry Christmas Again' by Nobody: 10:39am On Dec 27, 2017
Re: President Trump: 'People Are Proud To Be Saying Merry Christmas Again' by SouthEastFacts: 10:59am On Dec 27, 2017
DuBLINGreenb:
Read in between the lines and you will understand Trump.

Even in Nigeria, people are not proud to say Merry Christmas again under this administration. This doesn't mean people are not saying Merry Christmas literarily, but hardship is preventing people from celebrating it the way they would have wanted.

3 Likes

Re: President Trump: 'People Are Proud To Be Saying Merry Christmas Again' by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:51pm On Dec 27, 2017
seunlayi:

I believe we are still on the map, at least we were one of the 128 countries that voted in favour of the UN's resolution against United State's stance on Jerusalem. wink
Re: President Trump: 'People Are Proud To Be Saying Merry Christmas Again' by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:55pm On Dec 27, 2017
DuBLINGreenb:

It's not a matter of what each President said. It is a matter of what policies they implemented and encouraged. Yes, Obama said that he is a Christian but his policies were anything but Christian. Obama can say 'Merry Christmas' till he turns white in the face but we know that he is the master of political correctness and it is not politically correct to say Merry Christmas. Action speaks louder than words. cool
Re: President Trump: 'People Are Proud To Be Saying Merry Christmas Again' by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:56pm On Dec 27, 2017
Baawaa:

Obama is agent of Satan

Seconded.

1 Like

Re: President Trump: 'People Are Proud To Be Saying Merry Christmas Again' by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:57pm On Dec 27, 2017
erifeoluwasimi:

He try

It was one of his political campaign promises that he has now fulfilled.
Re: President Trump: 'People Are Proud To Be Saying Merry Christmas Again' by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:58pm On Dec 27, 2017
coluka:

Obama is a devil. Ride Trump!! God is with you

That is what we call 'Power change hands' cheesy

1 Like

Re: President Trump: 'People Are Proud To Be Saying Merry Christmas Again' by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:01pm On Dec 27, 2017
SouthEastFacts:

Read in between the lines and you will understand Trump.

Even in Nigeria, people are not proud to say Merry Christmas again under this administration. This doesn't mean people are not saying Merry Christmas literarily, but hardship is preventing people from celebrating it the way they would have wanted.

That is true. Under Obama and other liberal governments that atmosphere was not conducive to say Merry Christmas anymore. You were made to feel that you were offending other religions by saying it. Hence words like happy Winterbreak, happy season, happy holiday were coined so as to please others.

(1) (Reply)

The Anglozionist Family Goes On A Stroll / See Reasons Why You Should Not Compare Iran With Iraq. / Braking: ‘iranian Hackers’ Take Control Of US Government Website

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.