Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,159 members, 7,953,601 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:18 PM

Ayade, Duke Lead 250 Bikers’ In Calabar Carnival - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Ayade, Duke Lead 250 Bikers’ In Calabar Carnival (648 Views)

Calabar Carnival Turns Bloody As Vehicle Rams Into Onlookers (Graphic) / Calabar Carnival Returns After Two-Year Break / Photos From Calabar Bikers Carnival 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ayade, Duke Lead 250 Bikers’ In Calabar Carnival by Danny287(m): 11:07pm On Dec 27, 2017
It was thrills and frills as the Cross River State Governor, Ben Ayade, led 250 power bikers, including former governor Donald Duke in an acrobatic display of state of the art exotic power bikes.

The bikers’ segment of the Calabar Carnival, which took place on Wednesday afternoon, witnessed throngs of spectators who laid siege on the 12-kilometre carnival route to watch acrobatic displays.

Leading the charge which took off to an ecstatic start, the revellers screamed and cheered as Governor Ayade, who was carrying his wife, Mrs Linda Ben-Ayade, and his band of riders took to the road from the Millennium Park.

“The bikers’ parade intention is to connect with young people,” the governor said. “If you look at the audience in the carnival, it has undergone dramatic change in the last 10 years – from the elderly to the middle age, now to the young people and if you don’t change the content of the carnival to reflect the enthusiasm and the adrenaline pumping nature of the young people, you will be boring to them.

“So we need to create an atmosphere that shows that the governor has the wisdom of a sixty-year-old and the enthusiasm of a child – an old head on a young shoulder; I can afford to act like I am young, a youth and at the same time be a governor”.

The Bikers’ Carnival which before today went through a series of rigorous dry runs, lived up to its billing as they pulled tons of stunts in front of the ever cheering crowd.

Governor Ayade, who noted that the carnival only feature procession and dance on the streets before now, said he was trying to carry the youths along in the affairs of the state.

Joking about his outfits, he said: ”When you see a governor on a bandana, with my bling bling just looking like one of them, I’m telling you that look, this man was a doctor at 23, professor at 32 and governor at a very… and is performing; so I can be like you!

“Just look at the crowd, this is record breaking. I have broken my own record. Last year, it was a huge success but today, I am afraid if the carnival tomorrow will be able to carry this bikers’ parade that we did today.”

On the choice of red as the colour and what led to the shape of his bike, he said he was trying to show the “red smart energy” in him and the ability to blend in to any situation.

“Red scorpion but if you look at the head, it is a crocodile; if you look at the fins it tells you that look – I am an Octopus. You can’t really tell my story, I have the capacity to change at all times. If I want to be a young person, I will; as a professor, I will; as a senator, I will; if I want to behave like a lawyer, I will; but more importantly, that I don’t forget my history.

“So, my bike tells the story of the blend in one person, and that is the story that you see in that. It is custom made, designed by myself and produced only to me in the entire world,” the governor said.

https://www.channelstv.com/2017/12/27/ayade-duke-lead-250-bikers-calabar-carnival/amp/

Cc: Lalasticlala, Seun

Please just do the needful

Re: Ayade, Duke Lead 250 Bikers’ In Calabar Carnival by Danny287(m): 11:28pm On Dec 27, 2017
The governor with his wife.

Re: Ayade, Duke Lead 250 Bikers’ In Calabar Carnival by Danny287(m): 11:29pm On Dec 27, 2017
More

Re: Ayade, Duke Lead 250 Bikers’ In Calabar Carnival by Danny287(m): 11:30pm On Dec 27, 2017
More.

Re: Ayade, Duke Lead 250 Bikers’ In Calabar Carnival by Danny287(m): 11:33pm On Dec 27, 2017
More from the show

Re: Ayade, Duke Lead 250 Bikers’ In Calabar Carnival by Danny287(m): 11:50pm On Dec 27, 2017
More

Re: Ayade, Duke Lead 250 Bikers’ In Calabar Carnival by Danny287(m): 12:06am On Dec 28, 2017
more

Re: Ayade, Duke Lead 250 Bikers’ In Calabar Carnival by Danny287(m): 12:09am On Dec 28, 2017
Wonderful event

Re: Ayade, Duke Lead 250 Bikers’ In Calabar Carnival by Danny287(m): 1:03am On Dec 28, 2017
His excellency former Governor Donald Duke and his wife.

Re: Ayade, Duke Lead 250 Bikers’ In Calabar Carnival by adebaxton(m): 7:44am On Dec 28, 2017
lovely

(1) (Reply)

Free Online Business Consulting / PHOTOS: Bride Cries As She Is Sent Off To Her Husband's Home In Maiduguri / Personalised Melamine/ceramic Souvenirs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.