Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,546 members, 7,812,721 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:01 PM

Calabar Carnival Returns After Two-Year Break - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Calabar Carnival Returns After Two-Year Break (27237 Views)

Calabar Carnival Turns Bloody As Vehicle Rams Into Onlookers (Graphic) / Drunk Men And Women On The Streets Of Calabar After Carnival (Photos) / "Slay Kings" At The Maiden Dry Run Of 2017 Calabar Carnival (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Calabar Carnival Returns After Two-Year Break by ayubamuhammad35: 4:07pm On Nov 30, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffJ8N9cSz1U

The commissioner for culture and tourism development in Cross River State, Eric Anderson, has said that the Calabar Carnival, will return after a two-year break.

Anderson made this known in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria on Tuesday in Abuja.

After a two-year break caused by the coronavirus pandemic, the carnival is set to start from December 1 to 31.

The carnival will now have seven competing bands up from five. Also there will be different song and stage productions, award ceremony, choreography, music, power week, bikers day, beauty pageant, street parties, beach soccer, old school parties, among others during the carnival.

He said, “Cross River is among the committee of carnival producers in the world. Carnivals were shut down worldwide in the last two years because of COVID-19.

“As we speak, carnivals worldwide have started production, and we can see that the Covid-19 protocols have been relaxed. As a member of the committee, we feel we should also resume as well. Tourism is one aspect of culture that has put Cross River on the World Tourism Map.”

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Calabar Carnival Returns After Two-Year Break by Kaycee9242(m): 4:12pm On Nov 30, 2022
Nice one, we shouldn't allow our cultures to extinct

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Calabar Carnival Returns After Two-Year Break by sulemanmaaz: 4:15pm On Nov 30, 2022
Nice, i love that street carnaval especially the Miss Africa , the only thing that makes me of visiting that state one day and theirs nice weather...

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Calabar Carnival Returns After Two-Year Break by triple996(m): 4:19pm On Nov 30, 2022
Nice cool
meanwhile there neighbors are doing sit at home and cannibalism

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Calabar Carnival Returns After Two-Year Break by DennisEche(m): 4:34pm On Nov 30, 2022
Ben Ayade is just a clown.. He killed the Carnival that is a pathway of Calabar to the World.

28 Likes

Re: Calabar Carnival Returns After Two-Year Break by Peterobi90: 4:45pm On Nov 30, 2022
Sometimes, these leaders fail to understand the domino effect of incompetence...

Flight 80k(one way)
Road transport - kidnappers,bandits and bad roads..
Unemployment/underemployment - 65%

12 Likes

Re: Calabar Carnival Returns After Two-Year Break by Nobody: 4:47pm On Nov 30, 2022
DennisEche:
Ben Ayade is just a clown.. He killed the Carnival that is a pathway of Calabar to the World.

He killed it abi covid 19

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Calabar Carnival Returns After Two-Year Break by Houseofglam7(f): 6:06pm On Nov 30, 2022
cool

1 Like

Re: Calabar Carnival Returns After Two-Year Break by Agricmoney(m): 6:06pm On Nov 30, 2022
Cool

Anyway, Agriculture is life.

1 Like

Re: Calabar Carnival Returns After Two-Year Break by sharpshap(m): 6:06pm On Nov 30, 2022
I shall be there!

1 Like

Re: Calabar Carnival Returns After Two-Year Break by ecomalchemistt(m): 6:07pm On Nov 30, 2022
Everywhere Good.

So much barneys to go round for the MANDEM !
Re: Calabar Carnival Returns After Two-Year Break by NotBeenPaid: 6:07pm On Nov 30, 2022

My Cross River wey dirty and bad roads don takeover. Useless Governor and his Deputy.

23 Likes

Re: Calabar Carnival Returns After Two-Year Break by BigBelleControl(m): 6:07pm On Nov 30, 2022
This carnival used to be what everyone looked forward to by December. I remember working for BaySide Band then owned by Donald Dukesl's wife. I'm not sure they can match that feat again.

10 Likes

Re: Calabar Carnival Returns After Two-Year Break by Sabadon(m): 6:07pm On Nov 30, 2022
Nice one, anything to preserve the culture and boost tourism

1 Like

Re: Calabar Carnival Returns After Two-Year Break by Dididrumz(m): 6:07pm On Nov 30, 2022
The ever colorful carnival

1 Like

Re: Calabar Carnival Returns After Two-Year Break by Angelfrost(m): 6:07pm On Nov 30, 2022
DennisEche:

Ben Ayade killed Cross River State...!

Let's put things in proper perspective!!

I can't believe this is the very same state that was the envy of the nation under Donald Duke!

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Calabar Carnival Returns After Two-Year Break by Raxxye(m): 6:07pm On Nov 30, 2022
The former Governor, Donald Duke transformed the face of tourism in Nigeria in general and Cross River State in particular, with creative ideas and innovations.
Someone like that should have been the President of Nigeria, but tribalism, religious sentiments and wickedness won't let us elect him. It is vegetables like Buhari and Tinubu that the useless party delegates keep presenting to us as candidates, not bc they think he'll better the lots of Nigerians, but solely bc of pecuniary benefits!
They will fail this time!
Obi is the only choice for now!

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Calabar Carnival Returns After Two-Year Break by engrjacuzzi: 6:08pm On Nov 30, 2022
Cross River State known for carnival while Akwaibom State is known for Carol.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Calabar Carnival Returns After Two-Year Break by Akonimohate12: 6:08pm On Nov 30, 2022
I sale new meme

1 Like

Re: Calabar Carnival Returns After Two-Year Break by OmoAlphonso101: 6:09pm On Nov 30, 2022
Alright
Re: Calabar Carnival Returns After Two-Year Break by Cmanforall: 6:10pm On Nov 30, 2022
Cool
Re: Calabar Carnival Returns After Two-Year Break by Cutehector(m): 6:11pm On Nov 30, 2022
angry

Sha dont forget there are bandits kidnapping on calabar highways. Avoid that place
Re: Calabar Carnival Returns After Two-Year Break by paradigmshift(m): 6:12pm On Nov 30, 2022
Celebrating carnival when the state is still in retrogression. the state is filled with dirt, the governor is one of the most useless governor..

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Calabar Carnival Returns After Two-Year Break by PrinceOfLagos: 6:13pm On Nov 30, 2022
DennisEche:
I thought he suspended it because of COVID-19
Re: Calabar Carnival Returns After Two-Year Break by Seyiemath(m): 6:13pm On Nov 30, 2022
Ok
Re: Calabar Carnival Returns After Two-Year Break by Odward(m): 6:13pm On Nov 30, 2022
Let the orgy begin once moregrin

2 Likes

Re: Calabar Carnival Returns After Two-Year Break by kenny714433(m): 6:15pm On Nov 30, 2022
grin

After returning, it just realised it will have Ibom Christmas Village and AKS Carol Carnival to contend with.

1 Like

Re: Calabar Carnival Returns After Two-Year Break by Goodmanamen: 6:16pm On Nov 30, 2022
Cally here I come wow
Re: Calabar Carnival Returns After Two-Year Break by kingthreat(m): 6:16pm On Nov 30, 2022
Calabar had the potential of being the Number one tourist hub of West Africa. Thanks to the vision and leadership of Governor Donald Duke.
Calabar lost all that thanks to the lack of vision of subsequent governors like Imoke and Ayade.
For good leadership, you need succession in leadership that aligns with a vision.
Thank you BAT for giving us Fashola, Ambode and Sanwo-Olu. You produced the move successful state in West Africa.

P/S: This is not an endorsement. I am of the opinion that Jagagban is senile and is not in our best interest.

5 Likes

Re: Calabar Carnival Returns After Two-Year Break by id4sho(m): 6:16pm On Nov 30, 2022
grin

1 Like

Re: Calabar Carnival Returns After Two-Year Break by Tinubuwins2023e: 6:16pm On Nov 30, 2022
I will be in calabar this year be that

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The 2015 Garden City Advancement Awards: Nigeria Agip Oil Company Honoured / View The Most Unusual Wedding Cakes... / Photos From Lagos Boat Regatta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.