Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,733 members, 7,809,818 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:26 PM

The University Graduate Who Got Stranded In Libya While Traveling To Europe - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The University Graduate Who Got Stranded In Libya While Traveling To Europe (46123 Views)

Have You Ever Met Someone Really Nice While Traveling And...? / How Nigerian Migrants That Crossed Over To Canada From US Got Stranded / How I Got Stranded In Libya While Traveling To Europe –nigerian Graduate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The University Graduate Who Got Stranded In Libya While Traveling To Europe by Witnes: 8:18pm On Dec 28, 2017
At least he has achieved another thing in life. Entered a plane, there are some pple that will never enter plane in their entire life. Con 4lo us dey struggle here kawai
Re: The University Graduate Who Got Stranded In Libya While Traveling To Europe by Omofvin: 8:34pm On Dec 28, 2017
How comes others have urine to drink and you to borrow from others to drink. Lies smelling.
Re: The University Graduate Who Got Stranded In Libya While Traveling To Europe by whoYouEpp(m): 10:32pm On Dec 28, 2017
fados4sure:

Because nothing is working in Nigeria
nothing is working why don't u too embark on such journey kus things are not working in Nigeria.
Re: The University Graduate Who Got Stranded In Libya While Traveling To Europe by Nobody: 10:47pm On Dec 28, 2017
whoYouEpp:
nothing is working why don't u too embark on such journey kus things are not working in Nigeria.
Did I tell you I'm in Nigeria?
Re: The University Graduate Who Got Stranded In Libya While Traveling To Europe by deenee: 11:30pm On Dec 28, 2017
Uyiii:

you've not 'wondered' enough, you'll have to 'wonder harder'.
I won't advice anyone to embark on a life threatening journey as this, but the reality is people are really suffering more than you can 'wonder' and they can only find solace in hitting the road.
9ja's really a mess both for the qualified and unqualified, this kinda movements will linger on for a very long time.
Factual prophesy.

Naija is a mess......naija is a mess. All is a fallacy. There are still pockets of opportunities in the country just that we have been blinded by our get rich quick and short cut mentality. After all Chinese, Indians and even lebanese people are leaving their country in droves to come and make money in nigeria. I assist a NGO that rehabilitates some of these returnees (facilitate and provide training for those interested in setting up small businesses in my free time) and you will be shocked to hear that some of these guys pay up to 2m to embark on these suicide trips.

There was even one that had a flourishing palm oil business in the east but sold the business and went to Libya en route Europe only to be deported. He is now trying to piece his life together.

The question is why would I pay as much as 2m to travel to Europe where I will an illegal immigrant when I can use the same money to set up a small business and grow the business over time

Or do people think the suicidal trip across the desert is for free?
Re: The University Graduate Who Got Stranded In Libya While Traveling To Europe by Uyiii: 12:51am On Dec 29, 2017
deenee:

Naija is a mess......naija is a mess. All is a fallacy. There are still pockets of opportunities in the country just that we have been blinded by our get rich quick and short cut mentality. After all Chinese, Indians and even lebanese people are leaving their country in droves to come and make money in nigeria. I assist a NGO that rehabilitates some of these returnees (facilitate and provide training for those interested in setting up small businesses in my free time) and you will be shocked to hear that some of these guys pay up to 2m to embark on these suicide trips.

There was even one that had a flourishing palm oil business in the east but sold the business and went to Libya en route Europe only to be deported. He is now trying to piece his life together.

The question is why would I pay as much as 2m to travel to Europe where I will an illegal immigrant when I can use the same money to set up a small business and grow the business over time

Or do people think the suicidal trip across the desert is for free?
I get your gist bro, if it's true, 2m is really on a high, whatever amount it is, I won't advice anyone on a suicidal mission as this.
but then I don't think anyone will just wake up in the morning and start planning land trip to Europe, na condition make crayfish bend my brother.
Not all of them pay this so called 2m, some really have cogent reasons to leave, not everyone is blessed to succeed in business. we're nigerians man, we know what's up, no favorable environment sef for the business to strive.

We shouldn't blame this people man, like I said some of them really have valid reasons to leave, they've been pushed to the wall and can only find solace in embarking on this life threatening journey.
If 9ja is really working as you tryna portray here, nobody will leave my brother, nobody will leave.
9jas' system is fvcked mansmiley

1 Like

Re: The University Graduate Who Got Stranded In Libya While Traveling To Europe by Bishopking: 5:37am On Dec 29, 2017
Uyiii:

I get your gist bro, if it's true, 2m is really on a high, whatever amount it is, I won't advice anyone on a suicidal mission as this.
but then I don't think anyone will just wake up in the morning and start planning land trip to Europe, na condition make crayfish bend my brother.
Not all of them pay this so called 2m, some really have cogent reasons to leave, not everyone is blessed to succeed in business. we're nigerians man, we know what's up, no favorable environment sef for the business to strive.

We shouldn't blame this people man, like I said some of them really have valid reasons to leave, they've been pushed to the wall and can only find solace in embarking on this life threatening journey.
If 9ja is really working as you tryna portray here, nobody will leave my brother, nobody will leave.
9jas' system is fvcked mansmiley

I thought deeply on the kind of condition that will make someone with 2million naira to want to become illegal in another man's country. Now here are what I came up with:

1. He stole the 2 million naira (about 6000 dollars) in the first place. So, he lacks the original ability to make money legally.
2. He inherited the money and he lacks ability to think on what to invest it in.
3. He is easily deceived by what he sees on social media
4. He is under hypnosis
5. He is a fugitive running from the law
6. He is a social outcast. e.g someone with unacceptable sexual orientation
7. He is a victim of violence, war etc

Except for no. 7 I do not see why anyone should take a risk that some of these guys have been taking.
Instead, I suggest the following:

1. The energy invested in running away through the desert can be channeled into productive ventures or to fight the possible oppression that they are running from.
2. They can learn a trade/ vocation
3. They can create their own form of 'make believe'on social media to show that they too are doing well. Afterall social media is almost 90% 'fake it till make it'
4. Develop state of calmness. A calm mind can see opportunities. Jumping at all suggestions without thinking is dangerous.
5. Participate in politics. Make your voice heard. Do not allow criminal elements in the society to be running the country.
6. Read about what dangers are on the way. Conduct adequate risk analysis if it is a must to travel. There is no point to run from fry pan into the fire.
7. Know that the grass that looks greener on the other side is watered by someone. Plant your own grass and tend to it.

God bless you.

<iframe src='https://players.brightcove.net/665003303001/SJg0bzqkZ_default/index.html?videoId=5662307027001' allowfullscreen frameborder=0></iframe>
Re: The University Graduate Who Got Stranded In Libya While Traveling To Europe by Uyiii: 6:35am On Dec 29, 2017
Bishopking:

I thought deeply on the kind of condition that will make someone with 2million naira to want to become illegal in another man's country. Now here are what I came up with:

1. He stole the 2 million naira (about 6000 dollars) in the first place. So, he lacks the original ability to make money legally.
2. He inherited the money and he lacks ability to think on what to invest it in.
4. He is under hypnosis

Except for no. 7 I do not see why anyone should take a risk that some of these guys have been taking.

1. The energy invested in running away through the desert can be channeled into productive ventures or to fight the possible oppression that they are running from.
3. They can create their own form of 'make believe'on social media to show that they too are doing well. Afterall social media is almost 90% 'fake it till make it'
4. Develop state of calmness. A calm mind can see opportunities. Jumping at all suggestions without thinking is dangerous.
5. Participate in politics. Make your voice heard. Do not allow criminal elements in the society to be running the country.
6. Read about what dangers are on the way. Conduct adequate risk analysis if it is a must to travel. There is no point to run from fry pan into the fire.
7. Know that the grass that looks greener on the other side is watered by someone. Plant your own grass and tend to it.

God bless you.

<iframe src='https://players.brightcove.net/665003303001/SJg0bzqkZ_default/index.html?videoId=5662307027001' allowfullscreen frameborder=0></iframe>
God bless you too bosssmiley

1 Like

Re: The University Graduate Who Got Stranded In Libya While Traveling To Europe by deenee: 8:45am On Dec 29, 2017
Bishopking:

4. He is under hypnosis

God bless you.

Well articulated Bro!

Let me explain how the road trip to Europe via Libya works.

First and foremost anybody that embarks on the road trip if successful will end up as an illegal immigrant be it Libya or Europe.

The journey is usually broken into two with Libya been the first stop over and then another insane trip to Europe by sea.

Infact the number of casualties by sea is far greater than it occurs via the desert.

The road trip from Niger republic to Libya usually cost about 500k and between 1m-1.5m from Libya to Europe. So in effect the total cost is about 2m

Now I will still ask why spend up to 2m to embark on a suicide mission knowing fully when final result is to end up as an illegal immigrant? It just doesn't make sense to me at all.

Back to my expose.....most Nigerians with our typical sharp man mentality pay for the trip to Libya which cost 500k and agree with the agents to work briefly in Libya to raise money for the final trip to Europe. Hence the reason why most get stuck in Libya without proper papers and doing odd jobs here and there and some even engaging in crime and the ladies forced prostitution. The agents that facilitate these trips are part of a larger international human trafficking syndicate and they even go as far as telling the gullible travelers to take swear to an oath of secrecy. Eventually some get sold as slaves and the ladies as sex slaves. In my own candid opinion the risk is not worth it at all.

I will tell you about one of the returnees who was rehabilitated and church financed the purchase of a tricycle for him. He makes between 90k to 120k a month net of expenses in a month. He looks back now and regrets even taking that decision to travel.

There is even a lady that has set up a make up and catering business and is not doing bad.

Truth is even with 500k in Nigeria one can still start something despite all the hardship.

God bless Nigeria!
Re: The University Graduate Who Got Stranded In Libya While Traveling To Europe by okusman(m): 11:01am On Dec 29, 2017
Edonojie007:
If You Can Get To Europe,America Or Asia As Your Greener Pasture,ma Guy Waka!!
Life Is All About Exploring.
Dont Be Home Base,keep Moving Till You Get Bigger Chances;una No Dey See Or Hear About Waitin Chinko Boys Dey Do All Over The Diaspera.
You Where Born In Nigeria,does Not Put You In Bondage Here; Go Over And Get Stay Paper Or Citizenship Paper In A Greener Pasture If You Can.
Life Is Once; My People,fulfil It!

I never pity you. I only pity those Mumu that liked your comment. Only the lazy and greedy Nigerians will prefer risking their lifes on minimal surviving chance journey than staying in their mother land. no matter how hard it is in Nigeria... several people are still making it which should be the motto for your hustle that.. I will surely get there one day.

1 Like

Re: The University Graduate Who Got Stranded In Libya While Traveling To Europe by erico2k2(m): 6:58pm On Dec 29, 2017
deenee:

Well articulated Bro!

First and foremost anybody that embarks on the road trip if successful will end up as an illegal immigrant be it Libya or Europe.

The journey is usually broken into two with Libya been the first stop over and then another insane trip to Europe by sea.

Infact the number of casualties by sea is far greater than it occurs via the desert.

The road trip from Niger republic to Libya usually cost about 500k and between 1m-1.5m from Libya to Europe. So in effect the total cost is about 2m

Now I will still ask why spend up to 2m to embark on a suicide mission knowing fully when final result is to end up as an illegal immigrant? It just doesn't make sense to me at all.

Back to my expose.....most Nigerians with our typical sharp man mentality pay for the trip to Libya which cost 500k and agree with the agents to work briefly in Libya to raise money for the final trip to Europe. Hence the reason why most get stuck in Libya without proper papers and doing odd jobs here and there and some even engaging in crime and the ladies forced prostitution. The agents that facilitate these trips are part of a larger international human trafficking syndicate and they even go as far as telling the gullible travelers to take swear to an oath of secrecy. Eventually some get sold as slaves and the ladies as sex slaves. In my own candid opinion the risk is not worth it at all.

I will tell you about one of the returnees who was rehabilitated and church financed the purchase of a tricycle for him. He makes between 90k to 120k a month net of expenses in a month. He looks back now and regrets even taking that decision to travel.

There is even a lady that has set up a make up and catering business and is not doing bad.

Truth is even with 500k in Nigeria one can still start something despite all the hardship.

God bless Nigeria!
Plz what makes you to think everyone going to Libya go fru Agents?
Loads of them are going by themselves, pay as You go
Re: The University Graduate Who Got Stranded In Libya While Traveling To Europe by zinny377(f): 6:03pm On Dec 31, 2017
Nothing is working in Nigeria...I totally agree but that journey is a suicide mission! Please instead of wasting the little money u have on such journey, hustle with it, go through the right channels, apply for visa then travel biko!
Re: The University Graduate Who Got Stranded In Libya While Traveling To Europe by zinny377(f): 6:06pm On Dec 31, 2017
deenee:

Well articulated Bro!

God bless Nigeria!

God Bless You!
Re: The University Graduate Who Got Stranded In Libya While Traveling To Europe by zinny377(f): 6:14pm On Dec 31, 2017
qualityovenbake:
The kind of suicidal risk some Nigerians are willing to take just to leave this country ehn.

Indeed the federal government has failed us all.

The truth is that they don't know what the journey entails until they embark on it.
Re: The University Graduate Who Got Stranded In Libya While Traveling To Europe by qualityovenbake(m): 7:21pm On Dec 31, 2017
zinny377:

The truth is that they don't know what the journey entails until they embark on it.
The awareness that is being created now; both by the foreign and local media is enough to discourage any sane Nigerian that is thinking of embarking on this suicidal journey. This is a global crisis now, the world is aware of the slavery going on in Libya.
Re: The University Graduate Who Got Stranded In Libya While Traveling To Europe by joenor(m): 9:05am On Jan 10, 2018
once again you have judge correctly.
fados4sure:

You probably don't understand what I mean by nothing is working in Nigeria.

In Nigeria, you pay for light that you don't see where as in UK, I pay £40 without power failure

In Nigeria your hospital is as good as dead ask your president

In Uk, I pay over £30 per month for unlimited browsing where as in Nigeria, you are given MB at high amount

You take loan at d rate of #200 to $1 and in less than two years because of poor economic management you are asked to pay at #375 to $1 asked Etisalat
Re: The University Graduate Who Got Stranded In Libya While Traveling To Europe by Remnita(f): 11:18pm On Jun 14, 2022
moscobabs:
I m still thinking when Nigerians eyes will open to realize that there is no greener pasture anywhere than this country, forget about what you are seeing or hearing about other countries on Net, once they travel to the so called greener pastures they will face their reality.

I have more than 10 friends and 5 family members in abroad, I can boldly say that I'm better than 9 of them .
Abeg rest Nigeria is doomed
I was born here

graduated here

working here

married here

build my personal house here while most of the so called abroad guys dont have because the system abroad cant give them opportunity to build a house

bought my cars here

And im living better with my small salary, i carry beautiful african queens if i need to, I club without fear of someone deporting me.

So tell me what else I need that God has not done for me here? There are beautiful places you can visit around the country if you have money.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mandla Maseko Dies In Bike Accident / The First Aeroplane That Landed In Bauchi In 1928 / How A Taxi Driver Made A Lady Depress Brake So He Can Step Out To Fight (pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.