Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,960 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:01 AM

My Family Takes My Undiluted Kindness For Foolishness - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Family Takes My Undiluted Kindness For Foolishness (1396 Views)

Family Takes In Ukrainian Refugee And Dad Runs Off With Her Just 10 Days Later / Is This True Love Or Foolishness? (Photo) / My New Wife Hates My Family Without Provocation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Family Takes My Undiluted Kindness For Foolishness by Fidelmalek(m): 11:31am On Dec 28, 2017
Hello everyone.
I'm at cross roads at this..
I literally have a big heart. I just can't stand seeing any of my family member suffer. I can divide my pay package into half just to satisfy my family, because I hate seeing them suffer.
I am pretty financially comfortable, but also late, my family members have made me have a rethink on this issue.
They make it seem as if it's their right to ask anything, and it's my obligation to provide anything they ask.
Sometimes, I'll purposely tell them I don't have and they'll say all sorts of disgusting things.
My people, I really need advice as this is driving me crazy
Re: My Family Takes My Undiluted Kindness For Foolishness by amzee(m): 11:33am On Dec 28, 2017
Re: My Family Takes My Undiluted Kindness For Foolishness by taylor88(m): 11:33am On Dec 28, 2017
Some get shoes but them no get leg

Do u know ever from birth I've never had any younger or elder bro to use my outdated properties cos it's just one me, can u imagine the pain

Do u know that i had no one to call me brother i need dis or that, now u know what am missing

Do u know that whatever i drops in my room remains that same position till i return even in 10yrs time,

My point... OP it's normal just talk to them as long as they don't steal from u or outsiders, i hope they'll understand and reason with u

Cheers

3 Likes

Re: My Family Takes My Undiluted Kindness For Foolishness by murphyrichy(m): 11:36am On Dec 28, 2017
You know them more than we do, keep trying ur best. Everyone has his/her own family issue.
Re: My Family Takes My Undiluted Kindness For Foolishness by Fidelmalek(m): 11:39am On Dec 28, 2017
murphyrichy:
You know them more than we do, keep trying ur best. Everyone has his/her own family issue.
they make it seem it's their right. Yes iknow it's their right, but I see it as taking advantage of me
Re: My Family Takes My Undiluted Kindness For Foolishness by dollyjoy(f): 11:44am On Dec 28, 2017
taylor88:

Do u know ever from birth I've never had any younger or elder bro to use my outdated properties cos it's just one me, can u imagine the pain

Do u know that i had no one to call me brother i need dis or that, now u know what am missing

Do u know that whatever i drops in my room remains that same position till i return even in 10yrs time,

Oh how i wish i had a brother

My point... OP it's normal just talk to them as long as they don't steal from u or outsiders, i hope they'll understand and reason with u

Cheers
This is out of context...... sorry to say.

11 Likes

Re: My Family Takes My Undiluted Kindness For Foolishness by taylor88(m): 11:46am On Dec 28, 2017
dollyjoy:
This is out of context...... sorry to say.

Mention me again and sango will do the needful

Nkapi
Re: My Family Takes My Undiluted Kindness For Foolishness by Fidelmalek(m): 11:48am On Dec 28, 2017
taylor88:

Cheers
Really touching.
Thanks for your input
Re: My Family Takes My Undiluted Kindness For Foolishness by Nobody: 11:58am On Dec 28, 2017
Fidelmalek:
Hello everyone.
I literally have a big heart. I just can't stand seeing any of my family member suffer. I can divide my pay package into half just to satisfy my family, because I hate seeing them suffer.
I am pretty financially comfortable, but also late, my family members have made me have a rethink on this issue.
They make it seem as if it's their right to ask anything, and it's my obligation to provide anything they ask.
Sometimes, I'll purposely tell them I don't have and they'll say all sorts of disgusting things.
Do we have d dead on NL?

2 Likes

Re: My Family Takes My Undiluted Kindness For Foolishness by MsFaith: 12:09pm On Dec 28, 2017
What to do? Just let them realise you are not obliged to satisfy all their needs.

1 Like

Re: My Family Takes My Undiluted Kindness For Foolishness by Fidelmalek(m): 12:17pm On Dec 28, 2017
RadicallyBlunt:

Do we have d dead on NL?
it was a typo
Re: My Family Takes My Undiluted Kindness For Foolishness by enabledgoddess(f): 6:24pm On Dec 28, 2017
you have started what you obviously can not finish. Nigerians have self entitlement mentality. once you are family, they believe they have right to your possession. I have been there. I have lent my brother money severally in the past but he won't refund, and he will still have the gut to keep asking for more. I was giving until one day I wise up. you will have have to stand your ground , learn to say no and close your ears against whatever they spew from their mouths. this same people will call you foolish tomorrow if the table turns. I am not saying you shouldn't assist, assist only when there is a real cause to do so and don't become Santa clause to every dick tom and harry all so because you are related.

5 Likes

Re: My Family Takes My Undiluted Kindness For Foolishness by sisisioge: 7:07pm On Dec 28, 2017
Fidelmalek:
Hello everyone.

At bolded is the point where you need to be stern with them. Say no. Mean no. Don't listen to their insults. In fact, whoever insults you today cos you say no should get a continuous no from you henceforth. Whew! What an entitled set of peeps you have as family.

Noticed how family members who aren't financial leeches bond better? Yeah, don't stress me I love you tinz grin

3 Likes

Re: My Family Takes My Undiluted Kindness For Foolishness by Fidelmalek(m): 7:21pm On Dec 28, 2017
sisisioge:

At bolded is the point where you need to be stern with them. Say no. Mean no. Don't listen to their insults. In fact, whoever insults you today cos you say no should get a continuous no from you henceforth. Whew! What an entitled set of peeps you have as family.

Noticed how family members who aren't financial leeches bond better? Yeah, don't stress me I love you tinz grin
thanks ma'am

1 Like

Re: My Family Takes My Undiluted Kindness For Foolishness by Fidelmalek(m): 7:22pm On Dec 28, 2017
enabledgoddess:
you have started what you obviously can not finish. Nigerians have self entitlement mentality. once you are family, they believe they have right to your possession. I have been there. I have lent my brother money severally in the past but he won't refund, and he will still have the gut to keep asking for more. I was giving until one day I wise up. you will have have to stand your ground , learn to say no and close your ears against whatever they spew from their mouths. this same people will call you foolish tomorrow if the table turns. I am not saying you shouldn't assist, assist only when there is a real cause to do so and don't become Santa clause to every dick tom and harry all so because you are related.
thanks ma'am
Re: My Family Takes My Undiluted Kindness For Foolishness by eyinjuege: 7:27pm On Dec 28, 2017
Don't do more than your power. If an inheritance was left for you guys by your parents or grandparents, with you in charge of it, that's a different matter. If however its not a joint inheritance and the money is from the work of your hands, you need to be prudent on how you sepend it and start planning for your future. If you want to dedicate 5% of your earnings to help your relatives, that's fine.
Don't let anyone blackmail you.
Learn to say no.
You need to plan for your future also.

1 Like

Re: My Family Takes My Undiluted Kindness For Foolishness by Evacroft: 7:31pm On Dec 28, 2017
Its good to help ur family especially when u have it, but when they want to take it for granted or make it seem like its a must then i just bring out my unreasonable sef. Am the first by the way and have learnt some younger ones rely on u financially and once they are good to go and start making money then they hoard theirs when u want help. Families are our back bone but can also be a pain in the hip if u are not watchful. So save for ur own rainining days too.
Re: My Family Takes My Undiluted Kindness For Foolishness by Nobody: 8:11pm On Dec 28, 2017
Fidelmalek:
they make it seem it's their right. Yes iknow it's their right, but I see it as taking advantage of me

It is not their right. Make sure you plan for your future, so that your future kids won’t be dependent on one of your kids.
Re: My Family Takes My Undiluted Kindness For Foolishness by Nobody: 9:07pm On Dec 28, 2017
sisisioge:

Nothing to add. Op, this... Put your foot down but with great wisdom.

(1) (Reply)

Please Be Extra Vigilant Guys! / Please Help Reconnect A Dad And Daughter! / Who Can Explain This Video (viewers Discretion Is Strongly Advised)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.