Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,989 members, 7,817,911 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:46 PM

Thanks Nairaland : I Finally Didn't Get A Job In 2017 But I Learnt Alot - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Thanks Nairaland : I Finally Didn't Get A Job In 2017 But I Learnt Alot (2176 Views)

Senate Approved That 500000 Be Paid In Npower Since 2017 But Npower Pays Only .. / Got A New Job January 3rd After So Many Months Of Searching In 2017 / Thanks Nairaland : I Finally Got A Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thanks Nairaland : I Finally Didn't Get A Job In 2017 But I Learnt Alot by ThatKING(m): 6:46pm On Dec 28, 2017
As 2017 winds up in the next few days i realized I have been on Nairaland for a while. And i mostly frequent NYSC section and Jobs/Vacancies section.
I must confess nairaland in its entirety is indeed a world on its own. This is 2017 and I have learnt a lot. Among the few things are...

1. I have learnt not to give up.
2. Don't be late for interviews.
3. Always have the hard copies of your certificate close to you and also the soft copy.
4. A lot of scammers are out there. They could be a family member .
5. Never reply a doubtful mail, mostly its GNLD and the others.
6. When you get a text or mail inviting you to a " job briefing " be intelligent to know where they belong.
7. As an unemployed graduate, try to think about what you can offer your "imaginary" employer.
8. You don't need to know any "Oga at the Top" before you secure a good employment.
9. You need to be connected to few important people if you live in Nigeria.
10. Don't be bitter if your friend is employed and you are not. Every man has a different course in life.

. feel free to add yours

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thanks Nairaland : I Finally Didn't Get A Job In 2017 But I Learnt Alot by Nobody: 6:55pm On Dec 28, 2017
i have learnt from what you've learnt.

4 Likes

Re: Thanks Nairaland : I Finally Didn't Get A Job In 2017 But I Learnt Alot by Hashimyussufamao(m): 6:58pm On Dec 28, 2017
ThatKING:

1. I have learnt not to give up.
You are contradicting urself 2017 is not over yet and your headline was passing you learnt lessons tho, but you don't get a job in 2017.
Re: Thanks Nairaland : I Finally Didn't Get A Job In 2017 But I Learnt Alot by Beautifulemi(f): 7:10pm On Dec 28, 2017
Nice point. but number 8 and 9 is contradicting.

1 Like

Re: Thanks Nairaland : I Finally Didn't Get A Job In 2017 But I Learnt Alot by devlishGINGER(m): 7:14pm On Dec 28, 2017
Hashimyussufamao:

With my grammars, a reasonable person will know that was deliberate. Goan get a life dude!!
its grammar not grammars
Hashimyussufamao:
You are contradicting urself 2017 is not over yet and your headline was passing you learnt lessons tho , but you don't get a job in 2017.

yourself not urself. Though not tho

2 Likes

Re: Thanks Nairaland : I Finally Didn't Get A Job In 2017 But I Learnt Alot by Spylord48: 8:02pm On Dec 28, 2017
2017 came with lots of hope,aspirations, joy and everything you can think of. I thought I have finally met my Messiah when a man a pastor for that matter promise to help me get a job in top government department.I was so happy been fresh from NYSC program. 1year have gone yet no job.The man keep telling me come today come tomorrow. I even got an invite from two firms but the man told me not to go, giving me all hopes that things have already worked out that my employment letter will be available that week.It was a terrible miss that I am still regretting. The man keep playing me,from this firm to another until I uncovered his tricks and it was too LATE!!!!
2017 that I thought things will change for my family became a year of disappointment, failures, brokeness and everything you can think about.My family was worst hit by the tsunami because everybody trusted the man. Even if a prophet told me then that the man Will disappoint, I won't have believed him or her...

2018 is almost around the corner and I believe this painful story will change There won't be disappointment,failures etc again.
that jobs that eluded me must surely come back again But I learnt a bitter lesson NEVER TO TRUST A MAN. You should only believe people's promises when you see them fulfill it.

2018 can't wait to welcome you because I know that you are coming with lots of surprised packages!!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thanks Nairaland : I Finally Didn't Get A Job In 2017 But I Learnt Alot by ThatKING(m): 8:05pm On Dec 28, 2017
Hashimyussufamao:
You are contradicting urself 2017 is not over yet and your headline was passing you learnt lessons tho, but you don't get a job in 2017.
thanks for letting me know but I hope you got the message

1 Like

Re: Thanks Nairaland : I Finally Didn't Get A Job In 2017 But I Learnt Alot by Hashimyussufamao(m): 8:45pm On Dec 28, 2017
devlishGINGER:

yourself not urself. Though not tho
With my grammars, a reasonable person will know that was deliberate. Goan get a life dude!!

1 Like

Re: Thanks Nairaland : I Finally Didn't Get A Job In 2017 But I Learnt Alot by tosbobby(m): 9:00pm On Dec 28, 2017
Brotherly,
I felt you as I read through your post. Trust it is well with us IJN.
I learnt so-so many things as well, thus;
-maximize the potential of your smart phone i.e surf facebook less and use it more for productive things such as job search/enquiries, online reading and also download lots of video lectures on youtube for personal development.
-when writing/filling/entering your phone number/email address, do it 120% gently as any error may result to technical disqualification.
-Before applying for job, avoid indicating EMPLOYED on your CV even when you are currently working and willing to change job, why because our beloved country is not an ideal environment. However, if you must indicate it, use your discretion.
-As a job seeker, always study like you have exam tomorrow, not until you receive a text message that you are to feature for a job test tomorrow, you will now start looking for somebody to borrow you GMAT material or past questions.
-Avoid being 100% precise when writing your house address on your CV for security reason – you may skip the nearest bus stop.
-Be ready to edit your residential address to suit the newly advertised job, you never can tell, the additional transportation cost might be less than 150 naira – this technique is required if proximity is highly observed.
-Avoid controversy or the use of irrational words when writing your comments. People/employer can explode on your profile and read through your previous comments for different reasons. Remember, internet has a remarkable memory.
-You may not have all the time to write article or make publication that will add values to peoples’ lives, no problem. However, if you must comment on what people have written, always make it simple and logical. Imagine, I once got over 100 Likes on nairaland for posting a comment without being a celebrity etc.
These are the little I can contribute for now although there are still many more.

3 Likes

Re: Thanks Nairaland : I Finally Didn't Get A Job In 2017 But I Learnt Alot by BiafraBushBoy(m): 9:51pm On Dec 28, 2017
There is so much more to learn. It has worked for me, and I use this medium to write about them...

Just keep visiting www.topwritersden.com, and visit the career section.

2018 will be great.
Re: Thanks Nairaland : I Finally Didn't Get A Job In 2017 But I Learnt Alot by Nobody: 11:17pm On Dec 28, 2017
Though I haven't gotten a job too, the only thing I learnt this year is that there are more ugly girls on Nairaland Jobs & Vacancy section than there are in any other section on the forum. angry

1 Like

Re: Thanks Nairaland : I Finally Didn't Get A Job In 2017 But I Learnt Alot by OmniSparrow: 5:54am On Dec 29, 2017
Nice.
Re: Thanks Nairaland : I Finally Didn't Get A Job In 2017 But I Learnt Alot by happyphemmy(m): 6:17am On Dec 29, 2017
Pls house, i'm urgently in need of materials/ past questions on ADMINISTRATIVE STAFF COLLEGE OF NIGERIA (ASCON) Exams.
Email: bar.a.joel@gmail.com
Re: Thanks Nairaland : I Finally Didn't Get A Job In 2017 But I Learnt Alot by ThatKING(m): 9:25am On Dec 29, 2017
Beautifulemi:
Nice point. but number 8 and 9 is contradicting.
A coin has two sides but when you flip it, one side will always face up. grin grin
Re: Thanks Nairaland : I Finally Didn't Get A Job In 2017 But I Learnt Alot by Efe42(m): 10:21am On Dec 29, 2017
grin
ThatKING:
A coin has two sides but when you flip it, one side will always face up. grin grin
grin
ThatKING:
Re: Thanks Nairaland : I Finally Didn't Get A Job In 2017 But I Learnt Alot by dust88: 10:41am On Dec 29, 2017
U will get in 2018 bro..wish u Grace
Re: Thanks Nairaland : I Finally Didn't Get A Job In 2017 But I Learnt Alot by telim: 12:29pm On Dec 29, 2017
you haven't learnt any tangible thing in 2017. Learn a monitiseable skill like computer programming, graphics design or an arbitrage service and market it online. believe me you will earn a lot if you build trust with your clients as you will automatically turn them to repeat clients if you are sincere with them in any of your dealing with them.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Lagos State Health Service Commission Interview. / Spring Bank Acceptin Cvs (again?) / Nigeria Army Recruitment (urgently)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.