Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,951 members, 7,817,791 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:49 PM

20 Most Problematic Vehicles! - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / 20 Most Problematic Vehicles! (6341 Views)

We Buy Accident,problematic Vehicles,cars,bus,trucks,car Scraps And Your Abandon / Problematic Nissan Altima 94 Auto Gearbox / My Friend's Problematic Honda Cr-v 2003 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

20 Most Problematic Vehicles! by Syenite(m): 1:32pm On Apr 06, 2010
Before you purchase any of these 20 makes/models of cars you have to be ready for these problems:
http://www.carcomplaints.com/top_vehicles.shtml shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: 20 Most Problematic Vehicles! by Syenite(m): 2:37pm On Apr 06, 2010
Lo and behold, the 2008 Honda Accord (the very much respected Anaconda) is second most problematic car! shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: 20 Most Problematic Vehicles! by Fhemmmy: 2:38pm On Apr 06, 2010
Was there any conspiracy against Honda?
Re: 20 Most Problematic Vehicles! by Nobody: 3:04pm On Apr 06, 2010
Buyers of that car are so unlucky if this is true.
Re: 20 Most Problematic Vehicles! by Emperoh(m): 3:07pm On Apr 06, 2010
We should be asking questions people!!!

Are these problems as a result of owner misuse or do they just develop on their own?
Re: 20 Most Problematic Vehicles! by Syenite(m): 3:48pm On Apr 06, 2010
Fhemmmy:

I wouldn't want to think so. undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: 20 Most Problematic Vehicles! by chelseabmw(m): 4:05pm On Apr 06, 2010
Fhemmmy:

[size=13pt]Can u believe that nissan altima 2002 is ranked among the problematic cars here listed.What can i do now?Should i make my altima 2003 or 2004?[/size]
Re: 20 Most Problematic Vehicles! by Fhemmmy: 4:19pm On Apr 06, 2010
chelseabmw:

[size=13pt]Can u believe that nissan altima 2002 is ranked among the problematic cars here listed.What can i do now?Should i make my altima 2003 or 2004?[/size]

Sure why not, depending on your budget . . . . I still blv that maintenance or how good a ride is depends on the usage.
Re: 20 Most Problematic Vehicles! by Fhemmmy: 4:20pm On Apr 06, 2010
Syenite:

I wouldn't want to think so. undecided undecided undecided undecided

That was just a joke . . cool
Re: 20 Most Problematic Vehicles! by Areaboy2(m): 4:31pm On Apr 06, 2010
check out wat puts the honda on that list, break issues, every other thing seems normals keeping in mind how many hundreds of thousands of that car is in circulation worldwide

ppl driving that car, any issues with brakes so far??
Re: 20 Most Problematic Vehicles! by Jcob(m): 4:58pm On Apr 06, 2010
Every car is problematic. it boils down to the way you handle and maintain it. I have someone who's been using Honda Accord 08 for over a year and the car is still sound as new.
Re: 20 Most Problematic Vehicles! by senetee(m): 5:45pm On Apr 06, 2010
I have heard complaints about squeaky or shaky brakes of the Accord '08. However, someone in my family drove one and I rode in it on the way to the east once. The brakes when applied hard seemed to rattle the floorboard of the passenger area but I just ascribed it to the way the driver was handling the car and ABS's actions(could be wrong), trying to avoid pot holes while speeding.

However, can't say more than that because the car has not thrown up any major issues as the owner drives it with so much care so perhaps a little more care could make the difference.

That said, all cars have their issues, one just has to learn those issues and learn to live with them - more or less you have to love a car in order not to feel frustrated with its issues.
Re: 20 Most Problematic Vehicles! by Nobody: 6:17pm On Apr 06, 2010
This doesn't look good. shocked
Re: 20 Most Problematic Vehicles! by Onwan: 7:09pm On Apr 06, 2010
@The whole house
Please do not believe all of those things you are seeing; People make money from websites, reviews and comments especially from websites where heavy traffic is anticipated. You have no idea which car lot owner, which manufacturer or group is angling and sponsoring that website. We know nairaland, we know opinion debates are constantly on and there is no financed or sponsored angle, you have no idea what's going on with that website.

Toyota for instance was involved (unofficially) in about 3 Youtube reviews where the Landcruiser was framed to be pulling out a "stuck" hummer H2 in the desert, simply because the middle easterners were going wild over the H2.

What you need to do is to ask people who actually own these vehicles and you will be shocked what you will hear - If you are not talking to an actual owner or a group of actual owners, its 0% credibility.

Try autos.msn.com ; there they mandate people who join for comments to state their brand, model, year and months of usage - even on that site, actual owners dispute comments made by others as comments from people who do not own those vehicles.

That site is posting rubbish as far as I am concerned.
Re: 20 Most Problematic Vehicles! by komekn(m): 7:19pm On Apr 06, 2010
It is hard to make a decision as these statistics are not absolute,they are indicative, there will be exceptions.

I have had in Lagos, a 2001 Chevy Impala 3.8 V6 since 2006 without any faultS all i have done is routine servicing and yes i travel with it, Lagos - PH. also bought an explorer for a friend which he has used it for upwards of 8 years, a few problems shocks, tie rods, discs have been changed once during the period, but no engine problems whatsoever.  

Like i said there will be a lot of exceptions. You may have to qualify the statistics with a probability factor, the Ford Explorer has the highest number of units sold in the world, by ratio of numbers it will have a higher number of faults.

My opinion is the survey is indicative but not absolute.
Re: 20 Most Problematic Vehicles! by Piedpiper(m): 8:02pm On Apr 06, 2010
@ all
I think the site only takes the statistical average of cars sold in the U.S. And in that regards ford and the other american marquee brands are sure to top the ratings. As regards the accuracy I for one can vouch to that . I used to own a ford windstar 2002 and I experienced a couple of the issues under that brand for that year, particularly the noise of the ac recircle vane which locked into place midway and continued to make a most annoying flapping noise while the ac was on. Disagree all you want the site is a goldmine of info .
Re: 20 Most Problematic Vehicles! by chelseabmw(m): 8:44pm On Apr 06, 2010
I dey fear nissan now ooo
Re: 20 Most Problematic Vehicles! by Onwan: 9:12pm On Apr 06, 2010
@Chelseabmw
Its not my best brand though BUT one thing to note is that with the OBD inception, the sensors suddenly got too prone to periodic changes BUT the engines last longer than most manufacturers in the same class. Not very rugged body though, as compared to the German (EU) builds.
Re: 20 Most Problematic Vehicles! by layzie: 9:32pm On Apr 06, 2010
my cherished and coveted 02 Accord with transmission problems?? shocked shocked

I think, i better get an 01 camry instead, me i no want car wahala o
But funny enough no 01 Accord on the list. Is it better for one to buy an Accord 01 instead of 02??
Re: 20 Most Problematic Vehicles! by Nobody: 11:16pm On Apr 06, 2010
Thank God I saw this in time. God bless the poster.
Im definitely seeing the reason why Toyota is far ahead of Honda.
I was thinking of getting 2008 Honda Accord, thanks for warning me.
I sticking with Toyota then.
Re: 20 Most Problematic Vehicles! by chelseabmw(m): 7:51am On Apr 07, 2010
[size=13pt]Toyota all the way![/size]
Re: 20 Most Problematic Vehicles! by jodeci(m): 7:56am On Apr 07, 2010
No BMW involved? thought people say BMW cars are the most performing as well as the most troublesome.
Re: 20 Most Problematic Vehicles! by Onwan: 8:22am On Apr 07, 2010
@Jodeci
That's the whole point; its a very limited (and in my view - angled) review. I will rather hear from owners or read up comments from autos.msn.com before buying.

@Aasog and Chelseabmw
There are some Toyota reviews online that will make you run from that brand.
Re: 20 Most Problematic Vehicles! by GeorgeD1(m): 9:12am On Apr 07, 2010
chelseabmw:

[size=13pt]Toyota all the way![/size]

don't be too sure about this. drill down that list and rav4 2002 is there!  grin
Re: 20 Most Problematic Vehicles! by Syenite(m): 1:00pm On Apr 07, 2010
It is widely reported that some batches of Honda baby boy have transmission problems and 2001-2002 models worst of them all.I am not surprised seeing it on the list. That shows some level of credibility of the report.

But how come makes like BMW, Volkwagon, Mitsubishi and Kia are not on the list? We all know people have issues with these cars. Their is no way I can prefer for instance a 2008 Mitsubishi Galant over a 2008 Honda Accord despite this publication. undecided undecided
Re: 20 Most Problematic Vehicles! by 190: 2:37pm On Apr 07, 2010
is the 190 among the list~
Re: 20 Most Problematic Vehicles! by pannyman(m): 3:18pm On Apr 07, 2010
Peeps, the complaints posted on the website appear to be very genuine. We should take our time to read through them and learn one or two facts.
Re: 20 Most Problematic Vehicles! by sultaan(m): 11:39am On Apr 08, 2010
190:

is the 190 among the list~

If there is a need to review 20 yrs old models, I'm sure 190 will be there grin grin
Re: 20 Most Problematic Vehicles! by 190: 12:53pm On Apr 08, 2010
^^

Omo! angry angry
Re: 20 Most Problematic Vehicles! by sultaan(m): 1:41pm On Apr 08, 2010
190:

^^

Omo! angry angry

Get over it, nothing personal.

I know your favorite was made a long time ago.
I hope/pray that you soon change your screen name to AMG63 beause that is what you are driving wink
Re: 20 Most Problematic Vehicles! by 190: 5:48pm On Apr 08, 2010
^^

Amen!!

But not after driving my yaris!
Re: 20 Most Problematic Vehicles! by Syenite(m): 9:53pm On Apr 11, 2010
sultaan:

If there is a need to review 20 yrs old models, I'm sure 190 will be there grin grin

The fact that you still see clean 190s on the roads means it has stood the test of time wink

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tokunbo Honda Civic a.k.a Joker 2 / ####### BRAND NEW & Registered 2015 ROLLS ROYCE GHOST...... / duplicate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.