Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,849 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:37 AM

Agbani Darego Steps Out With ‘stylogenic’ A New Reality Show - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Agbani Darego Steps Out With ‘stylogenic’ A New Reality Show (10864 Views)

Agbani Darego Steps Out In Style (photos) / Agbani Darego At Miss World Talent Show In China(photos) / Pictured: Agbani Darego Stuns As Ever As She Flashes Her Sexy Pins. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Agbani Darego Steps Out With ‘stylogenic’ A New Reality Show by Mcfeddy(m): 1:58pm On Apr 06, 2010
New style-focused Pan-African Reality TV Show hosted by former Miss World, Agbani Darego set to air this summer

“You better go and think of a real career!” That was the response that most African parents would give when their children suggested that they wanted to enter the world of fashion. Perhaps as a model, fashion stylist, fashion designer, photographer, makeup artist or even a fashion photographer.

Thanks to the success of fashion pioneers including Iman, Oluchi and Liya Kebede, things are changing. Fashion is being recognized as a worthy profession.

An exciting new Pan-African Reality TV show – STYLOGENIC is set to propel African fashion and those that aspire to join the industry to greater heights.

STYLOGENIC is a show like no other. Rather than being based on the search for a top model or designer or stylist, the show is based around the concept of a style team! So contestants are going to be grouped in teams consisting of the various ‘style elements’. That is a model, designer, stylist, makeup artist, photographer and model. They will compete as a team and will battle it out with fellow teams for the grand prize!

The show recently held a media presentation in Lagos which was attended by the host, one of the most famous women in Africa – Former Miss World, Agbani Darego. Agbani won the Miss World crown in 2001, making her the first and only black African to ever win the title. She went on to have a successful modeling career which included a stint as a L’Oreal International “Face” and Spokesperson, numerous commercial ad campaigns and features in US Vogue and Essence magazine.

Entries for the show will open soon and entries will be accepted from all eligible Africans based on the continent and in Diaspora. The show will begin airing in September 2010.

Prizes are yet to be revealed but from what we hear, it’s MAJOR!

It promises to be an immensely exciting show!

Re: Agbani Darego Steps Out With ‘stylogenic’ A New Reality Show by chelseabmw(m): 9:12am On Apr 07, 2010
[size=13pt]What a beauty.I wish her luck in anything that she does[/size]
Re: Agbani Darego Steps Out With ‘stylogenic’ A New Reality Show by Mcfeddy(m): 11:02am On Apr 07, 2010
SHE IS VERY OLD NOW.

I WONDER O!
Re: Agbani Darego Steps Out With ‘stylogenic’ A New Reality Show by peacettw: 11:26am On Apr 07, 2010
Mcfeddy:

SHE IS VERY OLD NOW.

I WONDER O!
My thoughts exactly. Infact, i have a theory which is yet to be disputed, once u start getting extraordinarily thin, u become extraordinarily old. Chubby women look younger and prettier.
Re: Agbani Darego Steps Out With ‘stylogenic’ A New Reality Show by cantell(m): 11:29am On Apr 07, 2010
Bored and forgotten celebrity tryin to make a comeback.
Reality show indeed.
Re: Agbani Darego Steps Out With ‘stylogenic’ A New Reality Show by oge4real(f): 9:17pm On Apr 07, 2010
She looks so old, as if the picture was taken from the future.
Re: Agbani Darego Steps Out With ‘stylogenic’ A New Reality Show by shotster50(m): 1:57am On Apr 08, 2010
Maybe i am just being cynical but one word keeps popping in my head when i read the article ------ 'Washed up', ( God forgive me lol)
Re: Agbani Darego Steps Out With ‘stylogenic’ A New Reality Show by ikamefa(f): 2:38am On Apr 08, 2010
na wah for comments inna dis thread sha !!!!

people ! its ok to age! aint nuffin to it

dat na de one gbese we all owe papa God oh!

so make una cool down for jesus ke!
Re: Agbani Darego Steps Out With ‘stylogenic’ A New Reality Show by shadrach77: 12:01pm On Apr 08, 2010
the truth is - when she won miss world, she claimed she was 18 then but legend has it that she was actually 25 then - so she must nearing 40 now grin shocked grin
Re: Agbani Darego Steps Out With ‘stylogenic’ A New Reality Show by Voned(f): 12:11pm On Apr 08, 2010
She aged very very fast but still wishing her the best
Re: Agbani Darego Steps Out With ‘stylogenic’ A New Reality Show by nwaka80(f): 12:14pm On Apr 08, 2010
shadrach77:

the truth is - when she won miss world, she claimed she was 18 then but legend has it that she was actually 25 then - so she must nearing 40 now grin shocked grin

I thought as much cos if she was really eighteen then, she wouldn't have looked this old nah, maybe it is the pix that is making her look so.
Re: Agbani Darego Steps Out With ‘stylogenic’ A New Reality Show by deliverus: 12:24pm On Apr 08, 2010
Unbelievable shocked shocked dis no be AGBANI, NEVER. If na true say na AGBANI i dey see so, then na plastic sugery she been use when she win the competition grin grin

On a more serious note, dis is UGLY, can't even maintain her either natural or artificial beauty embarassed embarassed
Re: Agbani Darego Steps Out With ‘stylogenic’ A New Reality Show by Nobody: 12:51pm On Apr 08, 2010
Agani wetin happen now! You look oldish. How old is she sef?
Re: Agbani Darego Steps Out With ‘stylogenic’ A New Reality Show by johnterry4: 12:57pm On Apr 08, 2010
na too much intimacy make her old.thats y we say u girls shld stay off sexxxx
Re: Agbani Darego Steps Out With ‘stylogenic’ A New Reality Show by meggieblac: 1:05pm On Apr 08, 2010
Thought d show was abt style nt age. y cant pple learn to be reasonable on NL.
Re: Agbani Darego Steps Out With ‘stylogenic’ A New Reality Show by bee444: 1:08pm On Apr 08, 2010
[img][/img]

Agbani in 2001,

Re: Agbani Darego Steps Out With ‘stylogenic’ A New Reality Show by bee444: 1:10pm On Apr 08, 2010
[img][/img]

Agbani in 2009,

Re: Agbani Darego Steps Out With ‘stylogenic’ A New Reality Show by bee444: 1:12pm On Apr 08, 2010
[img][/img]

Agbani recently

Re: Agbani Darego Steps Out With ‘stylogenic’ A New Reality Show by bee444: 1:14pm On Apr 08, 2010
[img][/img]

Me on the left, Agbani on the right recently, just kidding o, no be me dey on the left o. Agbani is the one on the right. Don't understand what happened to her sha

Re: Agbani Darego Steps Out With ‘stylogenic’ A New Reality Show by iyerim: 1:17pm On Apr 08, 2010
My thoughts exactly. Infact, i have a theory which is yet to be disputed, once u start getting extraordinarily thin, u become extraordinarily old. Chubby women look younger and prettier.

@MCFEDDY,i totally agree with u
Re: Agbani Darego Steps Out With ‘stylogenic’ A New Reality Show by Nobody: 1:23pm On Apr 08, 2010
oge4real:

She looks so old, as if the picture was taken from the future.
grin grin grin grin
Re: Agbani Darego Steps Out With ‘stylogenic’ A New Reality Show by hameet: 1:39pm On Apr 08, 2010
she isn't looking good at all. she's too thin for an african woman, even naomi campbell is fleshier.
Re: Agbani Darego Steps Out With ‘stylogenic’ A New Reality Show by Ournaija: 1:45pm On Apr 08, 2010
I was arguing with my brother the other day when he pointed at Agbani. At a point he said he no too sure wether na Agbani sef. That means it was Agbani I saw. What happened to her beauty? She don born 12?
Re: Agbani Darego Steps Out With ‘stylogenic’ A New Reality Show by sulad82i(m): 1:52pm On Apr 08, 2010
Ournaija:

I was arguing with my brother the other day when he pointed at Agbani. At a point he said he no too sure wether na Agbani sef. That means it was Agbani I saw. What happened to her beauty? She don born 12?

Thats the beauty of reality. well, its the reality of beauty too. wink
Re: Agbani Darego Steps Out With ‘stylogenic’ A New Reality Show by Bluhazel: 2:23pm On Apr 08, 2010
I can't help but to agree with guys who say that she has aged really fast.
Re: Agbani Darego Steps Out With ‘stylogenic’ A New Reality Show by Ournaija: 2:30pm On Apr 08, 2010
sulad82i:

Thats the beauty of reality. well, its the reality of beauty too. wink

Food for thought!!!
Re: Agbani Darego Steps Out With ‘stylogenic’ A New Reality Show by otukpo(f): 2:30pm On Apr 08, 2010
What could have made this damsel to look like this?
Re: Agbani Darego Steps Out With ‘stylogenic’ A New Reality Show by rickie4us(m): 2:45pm On Apr 08, 2010
suddenly, the thread topic has changed to "your thoughts on the new looks of agbani". na wa o ,
well, this is a warning to guys that marry becos of beauty. Real beauty is inside and not on the outside
Re: Agbani Darego Steps Out With ‘stylogenic’ A New Reality Show by Nobody: 2:48pm On Apr 08, 2010
she looks better without long hair, that's all.

Oluchi is ok with long hair, but agbani's beauty lies in her facial bone structure.
Re: Agbani Darego Steps Out With ‘stylogenic’ A New Reality Show by joeycrack: 3:13pm On Apr 08, 2010
Don't know what you guys are all screaming about still think she looks okay

tpia.:

Oluchi is ok with long hair, but agbani's beauty lies in her facial bone structure.

Exactly. She hasn't always been the prettiest , it's the facial bone structure that sets her apart.
Re: Agbani Darego Steps Out With ‘stylogenic’ A New Reality Show by shilling(f): 3:46pm On Apr 08, 2010
iyerim:

It works both ways, too thin/too fat makes a person look older than they really are.

tpia.:

That is so true, although she looks waaay older cos she's really skinny, her face still stands out.

Agbani could do with a few pounds. . . would make her look better. She still looks above average though, still very modellish.

Sounds like an interesting show, wish I could see it.
Re: Agbani Darego Steps Out With ‘stylogenic’ A New Reality Show by Labelle(f): 4:56pm On Apr 08, 2010
Divine, tiny just like moi,

Couldn't be any prettier,

Heart Bleep.

(1) (2) (Reply)

See Photos Of Most Expensive Cars In Nigeria -mind Blowing! / Best Twerk Dance Ever! / Top 5 Most Handsome Nickelodeon Actor (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.