Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,464 members, 7,830,326 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:46 PM

Chineseman Buys £45K BMW & Paid 1st Instalment With Coins He Kept For Many Years - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Chineseman Buys £45K BMW & Paid 1st Instalment With Coins He Kept For Many Years (712 Views)

India Buys 3 Million Barrels Of Russian Oil At A Discount / An Afghan Child Kept Warm By US Military Uniform (Picture) / Trump Says He Kept Details Of ISIS Operation From Pelosi To Avoid Leaks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chineseman Buys £45K BMW & Paid 1st Instalment With Coins He Kept For Many Years by Automotive1(m): 4:09pm On Dec 29, 2017
[img]https:///a/img924/8773/pSdkvc.jpg[/img]

[img]https:///a/img923/2176/xhvUN2.jpg[/img]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDx4GilS88U

A chinese businessman,who is into an wholesale business bought a brand new BMW, whose full price is about 400,000 yuan(£45,000 or $60,500) on December 18, and insisted on paying the first instalment of his new car with coins.

Workers at the car retailer were stunned by the man’s choice of payment. To collect the substantial first payment of 70,000 yuan(£8,000 or nearly $11,000 dollars), the sales representatives had to travelled to the buyers house to retrieve over 10 boxes of the currency.

[img]https:///a/img923/2305/STb2JA.jpg[/img]

The sum was entirely made up of five maos that the client had been saving over the years.
The sales representatives reportedly spent hours on the floor counting the copper coins by hand.

There is no reported case of the BMW buyer having a beef with the dealership prior to this transaction. May be he only wanted to pay with the coins he diligently saved up over the years. grin

Source https://autojosh.com/chinese-business-man-buys-45k-bmw-paid-first-instalment-coins-kept-many-years/

What would be your reaction if you were the dealership and you are still expecting the balance payment?

Cc Lalasticlala Mynd44

1 Like

Re: Chineseman Buys £45K BMW & Paid 1st Instalment With Coins He Kept For Many Years by forreelinc(m): 4:12pm On Dec 29, 2017
ugh thats why i hate asians angry

1 Like

Re: Chineseman Buys £45K BMW & Paid 1st Instalment With Coins He Kept For Many Years by uboma(m): 4:20pm On Dec 29, 2017
As long as they are still recognized as a legal tender, it is acceptable for all transactions.

1 Like

Re: Chineseman Buys £45K BMW & Paid 1st Instalment With Coins He Kept For Many Years by Aldebaran(m): 4:24pm On Dec 29, 2017
Chai that man wicked no be small lol grin grin grin

See workers in suits go on the ground to count coins. grin grin

Anyway, it's still a legal tender and they should get a machine to count that shit grin

Na to use HORN curse customer way go pay me millions with coins in Nigeria grin

2 Likes

Re: Chineseman Buys £45K BMW & Paid 1st Instalment With Coins He Kept For Many Years by madridguy(m): 4:25pm On Dec 29, 2017
Here in Nigeria our coin is as useless as used tissue paper.

1 Like

Re: Chineseman Buys £45K BMW & Paid 1st Instalment With Coins He Kept For Many Years by uboma(m): 4:26pm On Dec 29, 2017
madridguy:
Here in Nigeria our coin is as useless as used tissue paper.

To the contrary, it is not useless.

I take my coins to the bank to be deposited into my account.
Re: Chineseman Buys £45K BMW & Paid 1st Instalment With Coins He Kept For Many Years by madridguy(m): 4:27pm On Dec 29, 2017
tongue

uboma:

To the contrary, it is not useless.

I take my coins to the bank to be deposited into my account.
Re: Chineseman Buys £45K BMW & Paid 1st Instalment With Coins He Kept For Many Years by Benjom(m): 4:28pm On Dec 29, 2017
Wonderful cheesy

1 Like

Re: Chineseman Buys £45K BMW & Paid 1st Instalment With Coins He Kept For Many Years by seunny4lif(m): 7:24pm On Dec 29, 2017
Did hear someone mention NIGERIA grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Even with #5 notes problem dey
Counting 500K with #5
Haba grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Chineseman Buys £45K BMW & Paid 1st Instalment With Coins He Kept For Many Years by Aldebaran(m): 9:40am On Jan 09, 2018
seunny4lif:
Did hear someone mention NIGERIA grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Even with #5 notes problem dey
Counting 500K with #5
Haba grin grin grin grin grin grin
Lols
Re: Chineseman Buys £45K BMW & Paid 1st Instalment With Coins He Kept For Many Years by Holywizard: 10:26am On Jan 09, 2018
Impressive

(1) (Reply)

As Protests And Deaths Escalate In Haiti, Mayors Cancel Pre-carnival Parties / Rwanda President Warns: Stop Dictating To Africa. Your System Has Problems / What Happens If Trump Refuses To Leave Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.