Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,696 members, 7,820,429 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:36 PM

Can This Web Application Work Offline?? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Can This Web Application Work Offline?? (1119 Views)

Major Fibre Cut Takes Banks In Nigeria And South Africa Offline / This Web Designer Took My Money And Refused To Do My Job / Cloudflare Servers Develop Problem: Many Websites, Services Went Offline (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can This Web Application Work Offline?? by Legolast: 6:09pm On Dec 29, 2017
Good day web masters in the house. I serious need your help. I don't have money to pay, just your guidance and contributions, and I will be grateful.

It is like a quiz app, like question and answer application (objective answers).
I am using WordPress to build the website and I use wp-quiz Plugin and mt-quiz Plugin . I typed the questions with excel spreadsheet which I will import.

I am building the website application using android studio but wish the web app can work offline without internet finishing with all the functionality it portrays online. Is it possible? Or is there any other better way than this? I am a learner kindly help your student.

Thanks in advance, may God bless us all.
Season greetings
Re: Can This Web Application Work Offline?? by Ruke1989: 6:31pm On Dec 29, 2017
I don't get you

Android studio is meant for building Android mobile applications only. it is based on java

WordPress is a PHP-based content management system. It is based on HTML/MySQL/PHP programing languages. You can run WordPress offline by downloading XAMP, LAMP, WAMP, AMPPS or InstantRail bundle.

Your writting is very confusing? what do you want?
Do you want to build a quiz app that runs on mobile devices? or you want to build a web application, but prefer to run it offline? or you want to build a desktop Application for quiz that can be installed on your system? your answer will determine the instructions I can give you
Re: Can This Web Application Work Offline?? by Ruke1989: 6:41pm On Dec 29, 2017
Legolast:

I am building the website application using android studio but wish the web app can work offline without internet finishing with all the functionality it portrays online. Is it possible? Or is there any other better way than this? I am a learner kindly help your student.

sir, how did you do it? so you were building a website, WordPress based site using ANDROID STUDIO. only a genius could do that. I have worked with Android studio, ionic framework ( for mobile apps), PHP, MYSQL, JSP, JSON, JQuery, Angular(web application) and Java (desktop Application). Candidly, I am learning for the first time that WordPress Application can be built using Android studio. To me it's a feat, legendary feat. I will need to figure out how you did this before attempting to answer your questions sir
Re: Can This Web Application Work Offline?? by Legolast: 6:51pm On Dec 29, 2017
Thanks very much for your response. I don't know how to explain.

Let me reframe my post: I am building a question and answer website with WordPress as I have explained earlier and at the same time, building an android app using Android studio. The user will make use of the app to access the website from their phone but I don't want it to be online, I mean the question.

I don't know if you get me. Thanks
Re: Can This Web Application Work Offline?? by Legolast: 6:56pm On Dec 29, 2017
Ruke1989:
I don't get you

Android studio is meant for building Android mobile applications only. it is based on java

WordPress is a PHP-based content management system. It is based on HTML/MySQL/PHP programing languages. You can run WordPress offline by downloading XAMP, LAMP, WAMP, AMPPS or InstantRail bundle.

Your writting is very confusing? what do you want?
Do you want to build a quiz app that runs on mobile devices? or you want to build a web application, but prefer to run it offline? or you want to build a desktop Application for quiz that can be installed on your system? your answer will determine the instructions I can give you

I want to build an android Application for quiz that can be installed on Android devices.
Re: Can This Web Application Work Offline?? by Ruke1989: 6:51pm On Dec 31, 2017
Legolast:

I want to build an android Application for quiz that can be installed on Android devices.

what functionality will WordPress provide? I guess you want to use a database. Android studio comes with sqlite database much similar to MySQL. so you don't really need WordPress or any PHP language.
Except you want the app to go online to update questions once in a while. Then you use Android sqlite database which will be like offline database in conjunction with php/MySQL hosted web database

(1) (Reply)

Iphone X Doesn’t Allows Apple Users To Accept Or Decline Incoming Call Glitch / Newly Approved UK Upwork Account For Sale. / How To Use Google Search Console To Improve seo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.