Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,772 members, 7,813,561 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:57 PM

How To Write A Good Essay In Waec - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Write A Good Essay In Waec (14520 Views)

Okorogheye Orisheneye David Gets 9 A1 In WAEC And Scores 332 In JAMB / Mary Folafoluwa Oginni, Best Student In WAEC Who Left Nigeria Due To ASUU Strike / Ikeoluwa Abioye, 15-Year-Old, Who Scored 9 A1s In WAEC And 305 In JAMB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Write A Good Essay In Waec by hennyholla17(m): 10:20am On Dec 30, 2017
WAEC requires its candidates to write at least 450 words in essays but this is not the ultimate guarantee to passing the exam. Your essay has to be interesting, fun to read, explanatory and most of all, appealing to the examiner. When I wrote my WAEC, I wrote an informal letter of up to 700 words and also got an A so I decided to share my trick with you.

Here are some ways to write a good essay in WAEC
1. Plan: Always write your points in your essays down. Make sure to keep it as short and specific as possible.

2. Describe: Make sure to describe each event or important character as detailed as possible. This helps the examiner easily imagine the occasion and setting. Also, it helps to keep your essays longer.

3. Proper use of adjectives: This is very important if you want to catch your examiner's attention. Proper use of adjectives shows professionalism and intelligence in writing. Every WAEC examiner would be happy to read an essay that looks like the work of a professional.

4. Add humor: A little humor can't kill your essay. In fact, they will boost it. Adding humor in your essay shows how confident you are. Informal letters should have a good amount of humor while this should be reduced in formal letters.

5. Climax: This is the peak of your essay. This part catches the attention of any reader. Your climax should be as attractive as possible and should not divert from the main title of the essay.

6. Causes and effects: Causes and effects of each action should be included.

7. Reality: Sometimes, it is safe to add realities to your essays. Try to remember an experience related to that essay and tweak it into an appealing line.

8. Punctuations: Punctuations are very very important in English language. Take an example:
"A woman: without her, man is nothing.
"A woman without her man is nothing"
. Those are two similar sentences but with entirely different meanings. Your punctuations can give your paragraph or sentence a whole new meaning.
Use commas, full stops, inverted commas, apostrophes and colons in the right frequency and manner."

9. Practice: Constant practices make good perfections. Before your exam, practice as much as possible and learn from mistakes. Use past questions, textbooks and news.

akokite.com
Re: How To Write A Good Essay In Waec by SamySamy123: 11:05pm On Jul 22, 2018
Re: How To Write A Good Essay In Waec by Aliyah9: 5:50am On Aug 21, 2018
Great and simple tips, thanks for the comprehensive post. I guess essay writing is more about talent and personal skills, mine are rather poor and I prefer outsourcing my writing assignments to companies recommended by edubirdie.com .
Re: How To Write A Good Essay In Waec by Nobody: 11:34am On May 26, 2019
Do you have too much homework needed to be done? I have a solution for you!
Re: How To Write A Good Essay In Waec by emmamorales: 6:04am On Sep 25, 2019
These information is very help full for me such a great article provide amazing work done Assignment Help USA
Re: How To Write A Good Essay In Waec by emmamorales: 10:56am On Sep 25, 2019
These article is very nice i am so impress your article very help full for me Dissertation Help
Re: How To Write A Good Essay In Waec by jennifer247: 12:28pm On Sep 25, 2019
Writing an essay is a difficult task. When I was in college always depend on assignment writers. They deliver good assignments.printer does not print I think nowadays many students depend on assignment writers. If you worried about writing assignments, you can depend on assignment writers.
Re: How To Write A Good Essay In Waec by emmamorales: 12:33pm On Sep 25, 2019
Very impressive article provide i am so happy i really enjoyed these stuff i like these blog Essay Help
Re: How To Write A Good Essay In Waec by caseyfloyd6: 11:16am On Jun 15, 2020
If you are searching for Homework helpers in Australia, then you are at the right place, Global Assignment Help Australia provides the best organizational computer network assignment writing service in australia. Therefore, to avail of our help offering no plagiarism, Free Turnitin, Partial Payment, Unlimited Revisions, etc. you'll contact our team of highly professional, experienced, Ph.D. experts to avail the discounted services!
Re: How To Write A Good Essay In Waec by carol1107: 12:04am On Dec 18, 2020
When writing an essay, it is important to define (grasp) its topic, determine the desired length and purpose of each paragraph. Start with the main idea or a bright phrase. The task is to immediately capture the attention of the reader (listener). Comparative allegory is often used here, when an unexpected fact or event is linked to the main topic of the essay.
Re: How To Write A Good Essay In Waec by joeldsouza684: 7:35am On Jun 14, 2022
Big Data Analytics Consultation
We at Helical IT Solutions Pvt Ltd believe that success of Big Data projects lies not only in its implementation but also in its analysis to establish a system that drives change in the processes of the organization. We can help you create magic with big data – from data ingestion, data processing, data storage/data warehouse, BI, and analytics, to implementing streaming analytics, etc.

(1) (Reply)

2011/2012 Admission Of Abu Zaria News : / ABSU Releases 2012/2013 Post UTME Aptitude Test (check Yours) / How To Apply For 2018 UCLAN Cyprus Scholarship For International Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.