Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,532 members, 7,823,313 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:33 AM

Android Phone You Should Not Buy In 2018 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android Phone You Should Not Buy In 2018 (2704 Views)

Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. / Nigeria Climbs To Third Position In Mobile Malware Attacks In 2018 / Top Best Websites To Download Android Games In 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Android Phone You Should Not Buy In 2018 by yanshDoctor: 6:03pm On Dec 30, 2017
we have come along way in technology. infact technology wait for no one and is a way of life and the new trend.

technology holds the biggest market share in the world market, and as everyone is trying to catch up with the latest, unfortunate the latest keep moving far ahead. just like the sun or moon the more you are walking toward the direction of sun you find out its moving ahead with you.

but only few people from world population (that's the elite) are ahead of technology's. infact they wait in queue ahead to buy the latest technology even before these technology are out, as we have seen with the iPhone x.

even if you are not among these class of people you shouldn't be using outdated technology. and the only way to avoid using an outdated technology is to set a records for each technology you shouldn't buy from date of manufacturing. technology advancement and update is to correct mistakes from early production.

most people don't consider date of manufacturing and that's why they end up buying outdated device or a device they don't need.

as an ordinary person who reside in africa you shouldn't buy a car that's more than 10years behind.

but for now let us concentrate on phone for this thread.

example is iPhone 5 which is now outdated, and iphone 5s is next in line. there wont be any future updates between 5 & 5s in 2018 apart from bug fix. if you intend to buy the device and use for the next 1 or 2 years or you intend reselling it later on please avoid this models, and instead go for iPhone 7 because iPhone 6 is going to lose 40% value in 2018. except ofcourse you get them for really cheap.

android phone you shouldn't buy in 2018 if you want to stay with the latest.

Manufacture date:. don't buy phones made in 2015.

Camera:. don't buy anything less than 13MP back and 13MP front in 2018

Ram:. don't buy anything less than 3 ram in 2018

Rom: don't buy anything less than 32gb

Network: don't buy anything less than 4G LTE in 2018

Battery: don't buy anything less than 3500 mAh in 2018

Android OS. don't buy anything less than Android 8 OS.

seun, lalasticlala
Re: Android Phone You Should Not Buy In 2018 by Nobody: 6:10pm On Dec 30, 2017
yanshDoctor:
we have come along way in technology. infact technology wait for no one and is a way of life and the new trend.

technology holds the biggest market share in the world market, and as everyone is trying to catch up with the latest, unfortunate the latest keep moving far ahead. just like the sun or moon the more you are walking toward the direction of sun you find out its moving ahead with you.

but only few people from world population (that's the elite) are ahead of technology's. infact they wait in queue ahead to buy the latest technology even before these technology are out, as we have seen with the iPhone x.

even if you are not among these class of people you shouldn't be using outdated technology. and the only way to avoid using an outdated technology is to set a records for each technology you shouldn't buy from date of manufacturing. technology advancement and update is to correct mistakes from early production.

most people don't consider date of manufacturing and that's why they end up buying outdated device or a device they don't need.

as an ordinary person who reside in africa you shouldn't buy a car that's more than 10years behind.

example is iPhone 5 which is now outdated, and iphone 5s is next in line. there wont be any future updates between 5 & 5s in 2018 apart from bug fix. if you intend to buy the device and use for the next 1 or 2 years or you intend reselling it later on please avoid this models, and instead go for iPhone 7 because iPhone 6 is going to lose 40% value in 2018. except ofcourse you get them for really cheap.

Are these your opinions?

2 Likes

Re: Android Phone You Should Not Buy In 2018 by Sleekydee(m): 6:27pm On Dec 30, 2017
yanshDoctor:

seun, lalasticlala

are u giving me the money

8 Likes

Re: Android Phone You Should Not Buy In 2018 by Nobody: 6:39pm On Dec 30, 2017
Are you commanding me?

2 Likes

Re: Android Phone You Should Not Buy In 2018 by lilmax(m): 7:16pm On Dec 30, 2017
don't buy tecno and infinix grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Android Phone You Should Not Buy In 2018 by Oyetboy(m): 8:23pm On Dec 30, 2017
Don't buy tecno, infinix and itel *picks race*
Re: Android Phone You Should Not Buy In 2018 by THUNDAR(m): 9:29pm On Dec 30, 2017
I am not buying a new phone in 2018 still rocking My infinix HOT 4 ! COMAND beat me
Re: Android Phone You Should Not Buy In 2018 by Nobody: 9:39pm On Dec 30, 2017
And if you don't have the money?

1 Like

Re: Android Phone You Should Not Buy In 2018 by Nightking04(m): 9:40pm On Dec 30, 2017
Infinix users when they catch you

1 Like

Re: Android Phone You Should Not Buy In 2018 by Flashh: 9:59pm On Dec 30, 2017
To come think of it, he can't even assist anybody with ₦5000 to buy a phone.

13 Likes

Re: Android Phone You Should Not Buy In 2018 by AleksAndria: 10:20pm On Dec 30, 2017
Alright OP, whenever the Smartphone with all the above mentioned specs is launched,just holla me. Thanks in advance.
Re: Android Phone You Should Not Buy In 2018 by Vivere: 11:10pm On Dec 30, 2017
lilmax:
don't buy tecno and infinix grin
THUNDAR:
I am not buying a new phone in 2018 still rocking My infinix HOT 4 ! COMAND beat me
Infinix Hot4 is plagued by battery problems.... sad I made a mistake in switching from Samsung to Infinix. angry
Re: Android Phone You Should Not Buy In 2018 by Amerage(m): 12:39am On Dec 31, 2017
that is a bit understand and fair

but my question is this, how many affordable phones run on Android 8.0 (Oreo) already
from the look of things Android phone running on Android 8.0 is not even up to 3% of the phone in circulation
Re: Android Phone You Should Not Buy In 2018 by henry007(m): 2:51am On Dec 31, 2017
Don't know about android but do not buy the iPhone 6. Waste of money.
Re: Android Phone You Should Not Buy In 2018 by GasAndOilTheory(m): 5:04am On Dec 31, 2017
Please dont buy techno k9 plus.
Unless you cant afford a boiling ring or an iron.. also Its 3g and not 4g like most techno marketers that misled us on nairaland.

3 Likes

Re: Android Phone You Should Not Buy In 2018 by acenazt: 9:42am On Dec 31, 2017
See as this person dey yarn dust. Oua those that have the money nko
Re: Android Phone You Should Not Buy In 2018 by yanshDoctor: 9:45am On Dec 31, 2017
Nightking04:
Infinix users when they catch you
my current phone. made in 2016, 13MP camera, 2gb ram, 4G LTE, 16gb Rom, octocore. 3000 mAh.

now if i am buying another phone in 2018. you wouldn't expect me to go for anything below this?
Re: Android Phone You Should Not Buy In 2018 by Nightking04(m): 10:02am On Dec 31, 2017
yanshDoctor:
my current phone. made in 2016, 13MP camera, 2gb ram, 4G LTE, 16gb Rom, octocore. 3000 mAh.

now if i am buying another phone in 2018. you wouldn't expect me to go for anything below this?
It's your pocket that decides.
Re: Android Phone You Should Not Buy In 2018 by ThatKING(m): 11:24am On Dec 31, 2017
GasAndOilTheory:
Please dont buy techno k9 plus.
Unless you cant afford a boiling ring or an iron.. Its 3g and not 4g like most techno marketers that misled us on nairaland.
I thought I was the only lamenting I bought this phone. I should have just gone for infinix but the camera is top notch tho
Re: Android Phone You Should Not Buy In 2018 by olayinkajnr(m): 1:11pm On Dec 31, 2017
Vivere:

Infinix Hot4 is plagued by battery problems.... sad I made a mistake in switching from Samsung to Infinix. angry

Lol. I'm glad I switched from all those Gionee, Tecno and Infinix to Samsung.

1 Like

Re: Android Phone You Should Not Buy In 2018 by Ajeborhustler1: 3:08pm On Dec 31, 2017
Samsung s6 is a 2014 phone... so make people no buy abi
Re: Android Phone You Should Not Buy In 2018 by festwiz(m): 3:11pm On Dec 31, 2017
Infinix marketers will soon storm this thread and tell you how the infinix hot they bought in 2014 is still performing better than an S8 and its running Android 9.0 Pancake tongue

2 Likes

Re: Android Phone You Should Not Buy In 2018 by ryfoz(m): 3:18pm On Dec 31, 2017
yanshDoctor:

Android OS. don't buy anything less than Android 8 OS. =ERROR grin

seun, lalasticlala
latest OS = more difficult rooting process, and I love rooting.
Re: Android Phone You Should Not Buy In 2018 by yanshDoctor: 4:43pm On Dec 31, 2017
Ajeborhustler1:
no except for very cheap. and one who cant afford newer phones.
Re: Android Phone You Should Not Buy In 2018 by Vivere: 6:14pm On Dec 31, 2017
festwiz:
Infinix marketers will soon storm this thread and tell you how the infinix hot they bought in 2014 is still performing better than an S8 and its running Android 9.0 Pancake tongue
No problem, let them come. Just tell them when they arrive and start preaching their false gospel according to Infinix to you, that they are lying....
Re: Android Phone You Should Not Buy In 2018 by festwiz(m): 6:22pm On Dec 31, 2017
Vivere:

No problem, let them come. Just tell them when they arrive and start preaching their false gospel according to Infinix to you, that they are lying....
What?

Re: Android Phone You Should Not Buy In 2018 by ELdaar55(m): 7:16pm On Dec 31, 2017
ARE YOU TRYING TO SAY A PHONE LIKE SAMSUNG NOTE 4 DOESNT MAKE SENSE

IF I HAVE THE MONEY I WILL BUY IT O.
Re: Android Phone You Should Not Buy In 2018 by henry007(m): 7:21pm On Dec 31, 2017
Ajeborhustler1:

Anyone buying should know that even though Samsung hasn't announced that they're throttling the speed of phone with older batteries, the S6 experience i witnessed while trying to transfer stuff is unbearable. Just don't do it! Go for S7 and above for samsung S series.
Re: Android Phone You Should Not Buy In 2018 by Marvel1206: 7:33pm On Dec 31, 2017
festwiz:
Hahaha

(1) (Reply)

Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Reviews, Specifications, And Price In Nigeria / New Age Power Bank Vs Aroimo Power Bank / Infinix Note 10 Pro Finally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.