Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,043 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:41 AM

Car Exhaust Smoke And What It Means For Your Car - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Exhaust Smoke And What It Means For Your Car (1414 Views)

My Funny Experience With Bluish Exhaust Smoke / Drunk Teen Got Her Head Stuck In Truck Exhaust Pipe For 45 Mins In US / Types Of Smoke From Your Car Exhaust Pipe And What It Indicates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Car Exhaust Smoke And What It Means For Your Car by CHISPAREPARTS(m): 10:09pm On Dec 30, 2017
DIFFERENT EXHAUST SMOKES AND WHAT THEY MEAN
The exhaust smoke type coming out from your car exhaust pipe could most times mean something is wrong with your car. Today I am going to write about the different exhaust smoke types and what they mean.

BLACK SMOKE: The darker smoke emitted from the exhaust is generally nothing to worry about. A darker visible gas is most times due to an overly rich fuel mixture, it is created when the air fuel ratio descends below the optimum ratio. Unburnt fuel is pushed out the exhaust pipes because the spark plug can only ignite a certain amount of fuel. This condition is usually caused by a bad fuel injector, a blocked fuel return pipe, a bad oxygen or airflow sensor and and a fuel regulator stock close. A dirty air filter can also cause less efficient combustion which leads to black smoke.

BLUE SMOKE: Blue smoke is found in cars that have unwanted oil mixing with the air fuel mixture. This means there's a contamination in the cylinder which is mixing with the fuel. This contamination is caused by worn out cylinders, pistons, valves and valve stem seals. Blue smoke is most common in turbocharged engines.

WHITE SMOKE: White smoke could potentially be nothing bad or you could be a step away from total engine replacement (bad luck if you drive a 2016 S63 AMG the total engine is 8 million naira). Normal white smoke that shows when a car is started Is vapour that is created from the combustion process however if it still continues showing this smoke in heavy amounts during motion then you could be looking at head gasket failure. The head gasket seperates the cooling and oil systems apart and a split in the gasket could see water pouring into the engine cylinders. The engine will then try to combust combust water which then lead to excessive engine failure and white smoke. If you notice excessive white smoke from your car, stop it and then pray to Buhari's God.

This post Is sponsored by chi spare parts and car throttle. At chi spare parts we give you quality car parts wherever you are. Happy new year everyone.
Re: Car Exhaust Smoke And What It Means For Your Car by dano123: 10:14pm On Dec 30, 2017
Do you sell camry 2AZ FE engine, and what's the price.
Re: Car Exhaust Smoke And What It Means For Your Car by CHISPAREPARTS(m): 10:37pm On Dec 30, 2017
dano123:
Do you sell camry 2AZ FE engine, and what's the price.
Send me a WhatsApp message and I will give you a quotation after new year. My phone number is in my signature.

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Constitutional Penalty For Driving Without Licence Or Vehicle Papers / Dead Cars From Dru23 / Toyota Camry 2000 model For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.