Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,088 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:49 AM

From MBBS To Medical Radiography - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / From MBBS To Medical Radiography (7679 Views)

Should I Go For Radiography, Medical Lab Science Or Biochemistry? / UNIBEN Staff Proposes To Medical Student (photo) / Studying Radiography Or Med Lab Which Is Better .. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

From MBBS To Medical Radiography by Fweshman(m): 4:55pm On Dec 31, 2017
hello everyone, pls I'm in need of your advice. I'm just 20yrs old and I applied ABU Zaria for an admission to study MBBS and the Admission list is out since one month ago but unluckily I was given medical radiography moreover radiography is a new department in Abu Zaria. my aim in life is to become a medical doctor which is a dream since childhood. so I don't really know what to do I.e if I should go for the course or not or prepare for jamb next year. the worst thing is that I've never heard of the course even once in life and I don't know how marketable it is here in Nigeria and abroad. I'm very confused, pls give me the best piece of advice pls
thank you all and happy new year in advance
Re: From MBBS To Medical Radiography by GavelSlam: 5:09pm On Dec 31, 2017
Fweshman:
hello everyone, pls I'm in need of your advice. I'm just 20yrs old and I applied ABU Zaria for an admission to study MBBS and the Admission list is out since one month ago but unluckily I was given medical radiography moreover radiography is a new department in Abu Zaria. my aim in life is to become a medical doctor which is a dream since childhood. so I don't really know what to do I.e if I should go for the course or not or prepare for jamb next year. the worst thing is that I've never heard of the course even once in life and I don't know how marketable it is here in Nigeria and abroad. I'm very confused, pls give me the best piece of advice pls

Abroad it is well recognised and remunerated.

Should your true dream be to become a surgeon by all means make that move but always remember that there are many ways to get to a destination but effort must be made.

3 Likes

Re: From MBBS To Medical Radiography by Fweshman(m): 5:23pm On Dec 31, 2017
GavelSlam:

Abroad it is well recognised and remunerated.

Should your true dream be to become a surgeon by all means make that move but always remember that there are many ways to get to a destination but effort must be made.
thank you sir for this piece I really appreciate

2 Likes

Re: From MBBS To Medical Radiography by GavelSlam: 5:29pm On Dec 31, 2017
Fweshman:

No worries man.

The most important thing with any career is knowing your stuff.

You could always Google to find the different routes people have used to end up as surgeons.

If you know you have a well to do family, you could Google to find out the salaries of professionals in a country you see yourself ending up. Please use glassdoor in Google as part of your search.

Above all, make sure you end up doing something you enjoy.

1 Like

Re: From MBBS To Medical Radiography by Raintaker(m): 8:02pm On Dec 31, 2017
Medical radiography is a very lucrative course, because the profession is not yet saturated in Nigeria.

There are very few professionals in Nigeria right now, met 2 from Nnamdi Azikiwike University in 2014.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: From MBBS To Medical Radiography by ezebrightike: 9:15pm On Dec 31, 2017
Accept the admission and sit for next year's jamb

5 Likes

Re: From MBBS To Medical Radiography by Timekeeper: 10:50pm On Dec 31, 2017
U peoples are jst gaving him wronged advise. See do it, it is compulsory that u done medicine ni? Maybe that want your eleda what for you. Do it please
Re: From MBBS To Medical Radiography by Fweshman(m): 11:43pm On Dec 31, 2017
ezebrightike:
Accept the admission and sit for next year's jamb
thank you sir for beautiful piece

1 Like

Re: From MBBS To Medical Radiography by Fweshman(m): 11:44pm On Dec 31, 2017
Raintaker:
Medical radiography is a very lucrative course, because the profession is not yet saturated in Nigeria.

There are very few professionals in Nigeria right now, met 2 from Nnamdi Azikiwike University in 2014.
thank you sir, I really appreciate

1 Like

Re: From MBBS To Medical Radiography by Nobody: 12:54am On Jan 01, 2018
Fweshman:

Sorry but if you haven’t heard of Radiography,then you are not ready to be a doctor.

Do your research about Radiography if you’ve not really heard about it. Smh

1 Like

Re: From MBBS To Medical Radiography by FromZeroToHero(m): 7:50am On Jan 01, 2018
so you want to waste your time to study how to repair radio?
Re: From MBBS To Medical Radiography by Nobody: 8:10am On Jan 01, 2018
If you have money go study In USA. There you will be exposed to modern medicine
Re: From MBBS To Medical Radiography by Jman06(m): 11:07am On Jan 01, 2018
Medical Radiography is a good course. The job prospect is high because we haven't got many Radiographers in Nigeria. I have sec school mate who studied Radiography and he got employed immediately after service.

However, if your passion is to study medicine and surgery, then go for it. Meanwhile, you can accept the admission as an alternative while you retake JAMB to further seek admission for medicine.
Re: From MBBS To Medical Radiography by cruzydal(m): 11:34am On Jan 01, 2018
Bro grab it with both hands .. Its far better than MBBS.. Everyone must not be a doctor.. Radiography is a good course. They earn high with little stress

1 Like

Re: From MBBS To Medical Radiography by Soneh(m): 11:42am On Jan 01, 2018
I'll advice you to take it.There are few radiographers in Nigeria compared to other medical professionals.This makes most of them hot cakes in the medical field; their work also comes with less stress.

2 Likes

Re: From MBBS To Medical Radiography by Cool83(m): 4:05pm On Jan 01, 2018
please go for that course
Re: From MBBS To Medical Radiography by Prefola: 5:00pm On Jan 01, 2018
Wow!!! bro i'll advice you grab it with both hands,medical radiography is a very good course with a high pay and little stress.
I applied for the course at unizik but i wasn't given and was thrown to another course,thats my dream course...infact you're lucky, radiography issa hotcake now oh, don't even think of rejecting the admission and i can beat my chest to it that you wouldn't regret accepting it.
Or you can go for it and also rewrite jamb next yr, cus you never can tell what jamb holds for you the next time you would be writing it. . .goodluck

2 Likes

Re: From MBBS To Medical Radiography by Fweshman(m): 5:48pm On Jan 01, 2018
Prefola:
Wow!!! bro i'll advice you grab it with both hands,medical radiography is a very good course with a high pay and little stress.
I applied for the course at unizik but i wasn't given and was thrown to another course,thats my dream course...infact you're lucky, radiography issa hotcake now oh, don't even think of rejecting the admission and i can beat my chest to it that you wouldn't regret accepting it.
Or you can go for it and also rewrite jamb next yr, cus you never can tell what jamb holds for you the next time you would be writing it. . .goodluck
Thank you very much sir, I really appreciate your advice
Re: From MBBS To Medical Radiography by Okorie30(m): 10:26pm On May 25, 2018
Freshman....wats up...plz I would love to reach u plz to make some enquiries concerning ABU Zaria pls...Can I go ahead plz
Re: From MBBS To Medical Radiography by Okorie30(m): 10:30pm On May 25, 2018
Fweshman:

There is one important enquiry I want to make from you concerning this.... Can I go ahead plz?
Re: From MBBS To Medical Radiography by Okorie30(m): 11:07am On May 28, 2018
Plz fweshman can I have ur wats number plz...I needed to make some enquiries OK

(1) (Reply)

Quality Plain T-shirt @3,300 / Federal Polytechnic Ile-oluji, Ondo State 2015/2016 POST UTME FORM Is Out / WAEC: Lagos Candidates Yet To Get WASSCE Results Two Weeks After Release

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.