Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,965 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:47 AM

The Prophets Of Baal Are Coming For Revenge!!! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Prophets Of Baal Are Coming For Revenge!!! (679 Views)

Bull Baal Worship: Should Christians Withdraw From Future Commonwealth Games? / 2022: Don't Listen To Prophets Of Doom, Prophet Abiara Tells Nigerians / "Millions Of Muslims In Nigeria Are Coming To Jesus" - Man Says (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Prophets Of Baal Are Coming For Revenge!!! by Gggg102(m): 12:47pm On Jan 02, 2018
we all know the story of the clash between Elijah and the prophets of Baal on mount Carmel.

Elijah challenged about 400 prophets of Baal to a test of supremacy between Baal and Yahweh.

long story short, Baal could not send down fire� but Yahweh did. Elijah got those prophets killed. end of story...

or was it?

...the prophets of Baal went silent out of shame. waiting, plotting for the perfect time to strike back. their goal; vindication.

that time is now.
not only have Christians brought this time upon themselves, they have also given the prophets a perfect excuse for the failure of Baal on mount Carmel : "God works in mysterious ways ". this statement is used by Christians when things happen that does not seem to fit into how God should act, and "you shall not test your God."when they are challenged by others to prove their God with a sign.

there was a thread I encountered here on nairaland where an atheist asked why Christians don't go to hospitals and heal all the infirmities, the response by the Christian was that they have to first be instructed by God to do this.

these prophets of Baal are using this same point to validate their case. they claim Baal did not instruct his prophets to accept the challenge.

they came up with the excuse that Baal did not respond to his prophets because they listened to Elijah and put Baal to the test, so they were punished.

they argue that Baal was angered by his prophets' lack of respect for him, so he abandoned them.

now they are ready for a round two. they will come out of their secrecy and challenge Yahweh to prove his authority.

the question is
would Christians accept this challenge and would they be ready when it comes?
Re: The Prophets Of Baal Are Coming For Revenge!!! by deebrain(m): 1:50pm On Jan 02, 2018
Challenge accepted. Thats if Baal is through with f**king himself.

Happy New Year.

1 Like

Re: The Prophets Of Baal Are Coming For Revenge!!! by Gggg102(m): 6:19pm On Jan 02, 2018
deebrain:
Challenge accepted. Thats if Baal is through with f**king himself.

Happy New Year.
same to you
Re: The Prophets Of Baal Are Coming For Revenge!!! by hopefulLandlord: 8:05pm On May 11, 2018
The story is very bizarre even I couldn't stomach it as a kid back then cuz I asked my Sunday school teacher why Elijah had to kill all those prophets when he's already proven Yahweh to them, shouldn't he give them the opportunity to chose Yahweh at that point?

Anyways as a kid then I couldn't present my question coherently so the Sunday school teacher simply gave a non answer

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Prophets Of Baal Are Coming For Revenge!!! by Gggg102(m): 11:02am On May 12, 2018
hopefulLandlord:
The story is very bizarre even I couldn't stomach it as a kid back then cuz I asked my Sunday school teacher why Elijah had to kill all those prophets when he's already proven Yahweh to them, shouldn't he give them the opportunity to chose Yahweh at that point?

Anyways as a kid then I couldn't present my question coherently so the Sunday school teacher simply gave a non answer

but why can't we have another 'contest on mount Carmel' today?

it would go a long way in clearing the confusion of the numerous religions and their gods.
Re: The Prophets Of Baal Are Coming For Revenge!!! by dalaman: 11:07am On May 12, 2018
Gggg102:

it would go a long way in clearing the confusion of the numerous religions and their gods.

The story of Baal, Yahweh and his murderous prophet Elijah remains mythical.
Re: The Prophets Of Baal Are Coming For Revenge!!! by hopefulLandlord: 11:09am On May 12, 2018
Gggg102:

at least All Christians would die if such a contest happens. infact majority of Christians would dump Christianity as the contest day draws near and start claiming agnostic or atheist or deist
Re: The Prophets Of Baal Are Coming For Revenge!!! by dalaman: 11:13am On May 12, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

at least All Christians would die if such a contest happens. infact majority of Christians would dump Christianity as the contest day draws near and start claiming agnostic or atheist or deist

Very true.
Re: The Prophets Of Baal Are Coming For Revenge!!! by elated177: 12:52pm On Nov 11, 2021
Ehehehehe! Hilarious!

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye Reduces Killings In Nigeria To Equations, Solves The Maths / Is It Ok To Use Your Phone's Bible App Instead Of Your Bible In Church?? / Holiness Is A Weapon.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.