Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,660 members, 7,823,873 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:02 PM

Suggestions Needed - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Suggestions Needed (396 Views)

My Collection Of African Literature. (Suggestions Are Welcome) / An Aspiring Writer! Any Suggestions / Drop Your Suggestions And Remarks Towards Improving The NL Literature Award (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Suggestions Needed by joejacobs10(m): 3:59pm On Jan 02, 2018
Please guys who knows any Android app I can ready free novels on?
Re: Suggestions Needed by goestohell: 11:20pm On Jan 02, 2018
This is good news. It means that unlike the 3 year old boy who was macheted into a state of coma by Fulani Herdsmen in Benue State over the weekend, Yusuf Buhari will live.

It also means that Nigerians have yet again failed to grasp the significance of Yusuf Buhari's case which is that there are two Nigerias: one for the political elite like Buhari and the other for the rest of us.

This Yusuf Buhari incident has opened my eyes and revealed a lot about why Nigeria is the way it is. Just a few houses down my street is a private clinic. On the same date that Yusuf had his accident, this clinic urgently needed fuel to run its generator in order to carry out an emergency surgery, but couldn’t find any. Eventually they had to beg around the neighbourhood for fuel and I gave them the last 5 litres I had.

Perhaps my sympathy for Yusuf Buhari would have been aroused if he had been providing an essential service (like my neighbourhood clinic) when the accident occurred, but no he wasn’t, rather he was drag racing! At a time when Sarrki, Omenka, Ugenenkwenu, LionDeLeo, Madridgay and other members of the BMC were sweating at filling stations in the hot midday sun like Christmas goats, waiting to buy fuel at 500 naira a litre, Yusuf Buhari was burning up the scarce and precious commodity on meaningless and unproductive drag racing with his friend! Maybe fuel flows through Aso Rock like the River Niger. Maybe Buhari is the immortan Joe of Nigeria. He hoards fuel the same way Immortan Joe hoards water.

What is most annoying is how Nigerians have tamely and sheepishly surrendered their right to feel a sense of outrage. That is why we are all expected to pray for Yusuf Buhari, as if his case is like that of a soldier who was wounded in active service at the battle front!

I have a right to feel a sense of outrage that Yusuf Buhari can afford to waste fuel stupidly while a hospital that needs it for a far more important purpose cannot obtain it.

My only hope now is that Yusuf recovers sufficiently enough to help his 75 year old (or is it 76) father to pack his belongings back to Daura come 2019.

(1) (Reply)

Vocabulary Acquisition / There's A Demon Online! / Dear America... Help Us And Kidnap Our Pre��.signed:lazynigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.