Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,922 members, 7,817,697 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:33 PM

Suggest An Igbo Title To Be Given To My Friend Celebrating 20years In Igbo Land - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Suggest An Igbo Title To Be Given To My Friend Celebrating 20years In Igbo Land (1295 Views)

African-americans Trace Roots To Igbo Land / Part Of Igbo Land Where You Mustn’t Kill A Python / Chief Prostrates To Beg Alaafin Of Oyo For Giving Fake Title To US Citizen.PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Suggest An Igbo Title To Be Given To My Friend Celebrating 20years In Igbo Land by pamdaniel(m): 6:28pm On Jan 02, 2018
Pls I have a friend of mine who has stayed 20years in Igbo land... He has been good to everyone in our Igbo community... He is to be given a title of honour soon... What title do you suggest for him? He speaks Igbo fluently, he even makes use of Igbo proverbs and knows every almost every place in Igbo land... Please help suggest a title for him. Thanks.
Re: Suggest An Igbo Title To Be Given To My Friend Celebrating 20years In Igbo Land by doctore212(m): 6:50pm On Jan 02, 2018
Amu si ike 1 of Umunwayi village. I bet you he will like it. Or. Oko ike 1 of ikpu Ocha. The second one makes more sence

2 Likes

Re: Suggest An Igbo Title To Be Given To My Friend Celebrating 20years In Igbo Land by pamdaniel(m): 8:31pm On Jan 02, 2018
doctore212:
Amu si ike 1 of Umunwayi village. I bet you he will like it. Or. Oko ike 1 of ikpu Ocha. The second one makes more sence

It would be helpful if you state the meanings of the Titles you just proposed... Thanks.
Re: Suggest An Igbo Title To Be Given To My Friend Celebrating 20years In Igbo Land by bigfrancis21: 7:30am On Jan 03, 2018
pamdaniel:
Pls I have a friend of mine who has stayed 20years in Igbo land... He has been good to everyone in our Igbo community... He is to be given a title of honour soon... What title do you suggest for him? He speaks Igbo fluently, he even makes use of Igbo proverbs and knows every almost every place in Igbo land... Please help suggest a title for him. Thanks.

This is impressive. A good title for him would be, Nwannedinamba of Ndigbo. It means, in pidgin - brother/sibling (nwanne) dey (di) for (na) town (mba), or in full English a brother in a far away town/friend which aptly captures his brotherliness in a foreign town (Igbo town) that he regards as his own.

Where is this your friend from?

2 Likes

Re: Suggest An Igbo Title To Be Given To My Friend Celebrating 20years In Igbo Land by pamdaniel(m): 7:39am On Jan 03, 2018
bigfrancis21:

This is impressive. A good title for him would be, Nwannedinamba of Ndigbo. It means, in pidgin - brother/sibling (nwanne) dey (di) for (na) town (mba), or in full English a brother in a far away town/friend which aptly captures his brotherliness in a foreign town (Igbo town) that he regards as his own.

Where is this your friend from?

Thanks a lot... Very impressive... God bless you.
Re: Suggest An Igbo Title To Be Given To My Friend Celebrating 20years In Igbo Land by Ikengawo: 9:06pm On Jan 03, 2018
La N'Olu Nna Gi, Hapu Anyi Aka 1 of Igboland

1 Like

Re: Suggest An Igbo Title To Be Given To My Friend Celebrating 20years In Igbo Land by pamdaniel(m): 10:20pm On Jan 03, 2018
Ikengawo:
La N'Olu Nna Gi, Hapu Anyi Aka 1 of Igboland
lol funny u! I got an interpreter now.

1 Like

Re: Suggest An Igbo Title To Be Given To My Friend Celebrating 20years In Igbo Land by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jan 04, 2018
Olupotopoto of biafraland gringrin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suggest An Igbo Title To Be Given To My Friend Celebrating 20years In Igbo Land by pamdaniel(m): 6:01pm On Jan 04, 2018
abdelrahman:
What language is this?
Re: Suggest An Igbo Title To Be Given To My Friend Celebrating 20years In Igbo Land by ourfather: 9:02pm On Jan 05, 2018
Berom lion of the ogbo tribe
Re: Suggest An Igbo Title To Be Given To My Friend Celebrating 20years In Igbo Land by pamdaniel(m): 7:31am On Jan 06, 2018
ourfather:
Berom lion of the ogbo tribe
lol Berom lion and Igbo Lions at peace
Re: Suggest An Igbo Title To Be Given To My Friend Celebrating 20years In Igbo Land by doctore212(m): 11:08pm On Mar 18, 2018
pamdaniel:

It would be helpful if you state the meanings of the Titles you just proposed... Thanks.
ooook. Let me ask Google
Re: Suggest An Igbo Title To Be Given To My Friend Celebrating 20years In Igbo Land by FisifunKododada: 1:13am On Mar 19, 2018
abdelrahman:

grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Village Girls Get Married Easily Than The Ones Living In The City / Bribe - Cultural In Nigeria / Have You Ever Been Racially Abused,if Yes How Did You Felt/reacted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.